Maybe this way? Edition.

Elder Thread: >Official news

Dark Brotherhood DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/darkbrotherhood
youtu.be/xrIdDh7_TBw

One Tamriel announced:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

First DLC dungeon pack coming soon™:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/21/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-first-look

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4q7111/datamining_32_new_vvardenfell_pois_found_in_250/
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Lady_in_the_Cistern_Theories
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/111840/status-effects-and-you
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alchemy_Ingredients
uesp.net/w/index.php?title=Online:Alchemy_Ingredients&action=history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aaand I'm late

Should I make my Imperial EP if my other character is also EP? Can anyone give me the rundown on the 3 factions (I'm EU)? Can you transfer money/items across factions?

Wow holy shit, a Templar stamina build is fucking terrible for PvP

Orsimer girs are damn qt.

reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4q7111/datamining_32_new_vvardenfell_pois_found_in_250/

Banks are account wide, you can easily pass things that aren't bound to a specific character this way though I've only really encountered that with collectibles (so you don't cheese the achievements, I guess) and maybe shit you've dyed. I've never tried passing dyed stuff off to another character.

Faction is mostly for flavor or PVP if you care about that. I don't know about the PVP side - especially on EU as I'm NA - but EP is pretty fun. With two characters you can explore different options in quests from your first go at them.

I've only done a bit of AD but I've liked it. You get to be a Queen's Spy and work with Khajiiti James Bond. Not tried DC yet so no opinion there (but really, being an Imperial among a bunch of other races of men feels a waste of the ability to chose any faction, t b h. Might as well be a breton or redguard.)

So how the hell do you find people for a dungeon in this mmorpg? I'm guessing that dungeon finder isn't working properly or at all. Announcing lfg in zone chat doesn't help at all. It's my first dungeon and the first one you get to play and already it seems extremely hard to find anyone. Should I simply move on and disregard the dungeon quests?

if you play PvP and got used to your alliance
I ended up making 2 alts in AD just as my main because I couldn't stomach fighting against them when I took another race
t.ips eagle banner

Is the game growing or dying?

growing
why does everyone ask those questions?
yes it's pretty fun
no it's not dying
REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm just asking because I recently purchased it and I'm enjoying things so far, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz surrounding it. Just want to know the state of the game.

I think stalled, may grow or die in the next months

Is this correct?

>snek waifu(s) acquired
The Hollow City stuff is pretty fun. Gotta be weird with multiple people though. Does everyone only see their choices, or do we get phased to be with people who made the same ones or what?

There's not a lot of buzz outside of it, but it seems to do well within it's walls. I haven't seen much animosity towards the devs (aside from the typical "they nerfed my shit!" PvP woes, or "why is this STILL BROKE?" bug woes endemic to all MMO populaces), people seem okay with the payment model, zone chat is fairly active everywhere (but most heavily active in the lower level zones - I think high level types just idle in capital cities while waiting for dungeon groups or something) and I've only really seen it slow down in places like Coldharbour, which is understandable because that's level 45 and up content.

It's still getting regular content patches too, which always strikes me as a good sign of being not-dead.

Yes. ESO is considered canon and they have a talk up on their youtube page where they detail their quest-writing process. Part of it involves going to Bethesda "hey is this shit alright, can we say this?"

That said, TES lore is pretty fucking flexible. If Bethesda later changes their mind about anything expect it to get explained away as a rumor, myth, something changed by a dragonbreak or CHIM, etc.

no, another guy who's higher ranking said Todd has the final say in what is and isnt canon.

That white haired faggot said the past games were more fairytales when its actually quite the opposite.

It's grown a load in the last year.

The first year after launch was abysmal, their shitty price structure (£40+monthly sub) and the lack of actual content (Craglorn was the only content released over the period of an entire year). The player base after that was pretty small.

After IC, people started hoping they were getting their shit together and adding content, and with the game going B2P, people started returning as no sub was required. Then Orsinium was released and everyone was insanely impressed, it was huge and masterfully crafted. Since then there's been a wave of content and people seem to be getting hype, with more people returning all the time and actual new players for the first time since launch. For example, /tesog/ only existed for a few weeks after launch, then would pop up once every few months and die after 100 posts, now though it's been going steady for a few months, which is nice.

We're all hoping ZOS doesn't fuck it up somehow.

Not sure if it have grown or shrunk. However I know that the queues for my PvP campaign have became longer and longer. User to not having to queue to it at all.

Does anyone have that Bethesda tweet where Bethesda says that TESO is cannon? I have seen it a couple of times in /tesg/ and /tgesg/. Last time I saw it 5~ months ago. I used to have it too but my HDD broke.

No idea what you're talking about. There's a tweet from Bethesda saying TESO won't affect the development of future Elder Scrolls games claiming that would render ESO non-canon, but that's just being disingenuous.

What's the skull and 2 swords icon on the map for? I know there's world bosses in this game so I figured it's that, but I've never seen any of them spawn. Anywhere I could read up on it or someone gimme a rundown?

Those are world bosses, yes. You must be coming after they've recently died, they seem to respawn after like, maybe 10 minutes or so. Have a /sit and wait a bit. They're not too hard, at least in core zones. Usually soloable unless you're really bad or your build is trash or both.

World Bosses in other places are a bit more respectable though. The ones in the Gold Coast and Orsinium are very much -not- soloable for someone in leveling gear who's just kind of wandered into a ruin on a whim.

Fucking giant minotaur bastard. ;_;

that feels when I can still solo world bosses but it was easier on sorc with a pet, I took no damage and just could just keep spamming the boss with spells until it died

It's downloading as we speak. Are racial skills as important as your other skills

Depends on your race. If you're a sword user and your racial gives you bonus to stamina it's worth investing in. Otherwise it's meh.

Meh, I'll see at character creation.

Looking at the wiki a lot of the armour sets look REALLY good in this game which is a nice change from most MMO's

Someone please explain the relationship between Sithis and Mephala.

>The first year after launch was abysmal

This. It was really pretty awful. In all honesty I think the game would have been best launching with the TG and DB content (just to get it the fuck out of the way for the normie crowd) and then potentially released IC followed by Orsinium. At the very least the game needed to be launched later and have the PC and console launches far closer together than they were.

ESO is up there with the worst AAA MMO releases. Definitely in the last 5 years at least.

I fucking hate that DB personality. Every second cucks poses like he was the emperor himself with that pushed out chest

It looks alright on females. Looks gay as fuck on any male characters though.

Yeah it's pretty bad on males, looks much better on females.

>Mfw all my characters are female and they all use the personality

Mephala is a daedric prince of murder, secrets and plot, while Sithis is a primordial force birthed of Padomay, much like Anu-iel was birthed of Anu. Sithis is quite a bit higher on the food chain of power, but how much will or agency it has it very questionable at best. All we really know for sure is that it is a force of destruction and wants things to be un-made again.

Presumably you ask because of the Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood, who each venerate one of the two. Personally I don't think Sithis has the capacity to operate on the level that it does to the Brotherhood - it doesn't strike me as an entity that would have much consciousness or the capacity to really care or acknowledge mortal cultures and life anymore than you could care for an individual ant or the struggles between opposing colonies. And murder is so very, very slow and individually focused as a means of unmaking things, really.

T B H I think it's all just a scheme by Mephala, playing a splinter group off her loyal followers by taking on the guise of the "Night Mother", claiming to get orders from above, and throwing in a bit of divine intervention every so often to quell any disbelief.

There's no way the eight limbs on Sithis' statue in the Argonian Sanctuary are a coincidence IMO.

how does one make friends in this game?

Is this game worth playing now? Friend bought it for me since it's selling for like $5 now. He says we should play together because it's good but his taste in games is shit and he never plays it anyway.

I played during the beta and wasn't impressed and don't feel like downloading the entire game if I'm going to dump it after an hour (shit'll take me 20+ hours to download and cause my connection to go to shit while downloading).
I've done some reading up and like the idea of classes not forcing you into specific roles, is this actually true or just people exaggerating? (I don't mind if certain builds are more optimal, but if the only viable tank is Dragonknight that's different)

Bought two keys off Kinguin, one was invalid other one worked, so far waiting to hear back from them to see if i can get any kind of refund (got buyer protection) will inform once i hear back

>I've done some reading up and like the idea of classes not forcing you into specific roles, is this actually true or just people exaggerating? (I don't mind if certain builds are more optimal, but if the only viable tank is Dragonknight that's different)

There's 40 dungeons and variation of said dungeons that's for 4 players or above (not including public dungeons, that's pretty much just caves out in the world made for two or more players and where people can come and go as they please).

Out of these there's only one, a 12-player dungeon, the veteran version of Maw of Lorkaj, where you need templar healers and dk tank. While it may not be impossible, you're not going to find a serious trial group that will do it without a dk tank.

A guild perhaps?

I just want to point out that you're asking this question in a general populated by people who play the game.

Who else would I ask? A bunch of people who don't play the game whether it's worth playing or not?

So yea it's fair to say that you can play any class as anything even if some builds are more optimal than others.

I should add that if you didn't like the game before due to the combat you're not gonna like it now either. And you're gonna have to learn stuff like animation cancelling if you ever aim to git gud.

The answer to your question is yes, it is worth playing.

>how does one make friends in this game?
Are you on xbox or ps4 us? otherwise read the op

Speaking of statues, who is the lady in the Abah's Landing TG cistern?
Here are the in-game theories:
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Lady_in_the_Cistern_Theories
Or could the statue represent someone else?

See, that wasn't hard was it. I'll give it a try.

God luck and remember to come back if you've questions, and in case you don't like it for whatever reason I'm sure there's enough people here to point you towards an mmo more in your liking. Every man to his taste

If I don't like it, I will find you...

I've seen incredibly thin player Orsimer, they just don't look right.

>WhereisSutch
I dunno, you can find ruins of Dasek Moor and fort Strand. I look into it tomorrow, there is even a mention of Sutch in TESO:
>Jorunn the Skald-King visited Sutch in his youth, some time between 2E 546 and 2E 572.

>disgusting filthy orcs
>not imperial\breton master race

shit taste desu senpai

>Around 2E 582, Sir Phrastus of Elinhir met with a hunter in the marketplace of Sutch, who had brought with them the carcass of a rare River Troll.
Okay I really need to play the Dark Brotherhood, the only problem is that my "assasin" character is only 40lvl and I want him to be max lvl.

Looks like we're gonna get something as big, if not bigger, than Orsinium. I like it.

My main is a Breton.
Reminder: Breton are Ketchup.

I'm agreeing with Velsa, that it's the Night mother. But the letters end with Zeira so I suppose it's suppose to be Leki.

nice catch

Nice catch

Is there any point in making a very stealthy character who is not a Bosmer or Khajiit?
I want to create a character specifically for Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood and I really like to make him a Dunmer.
The racial stealth bonuses are not achievable by any other means and in close quarters the 3 meter reduction in detection radius would seem to be highly significant.

Choose the glorious dunmer! Why would anyone even consider of playing as cannibalistic manlet elf or as furry gypsy junkie? Literally 2nd and 3rd shirtiest race, 1st being the orsimer. I had no problems while doing the heists or black sacraments as dunmer. And you do know the Morag Tong and Camonna Tong?

>shirtiest race
Fucking auto correct, I meant shittiest.

So can I make a DW Nightblade that uses magicka costing class abilities viable for PvE or would it be too hybridy?

You can do it if you're a night blade. My Argonian nbs can do tg and db with no issues.

>And you do know the Morag Tong and Camonna Tong?
Yes, that's the main reason I want to go with a Dunmer. I have so much to draw from with Dunmers from playing the games from Morrowind on up and I really have little feel for Bosmer or Khajiit.

Rofl dungeon pack costs 1.5k crowns. I said previously that 1k was fair but this is going to be good to watch.

Especially since I expect the barbershop race change/appearance change to cost 1.5k crowns per token at least.

New player here.

How do magic elemental effects like chilled work? When I hit enemies with ice magic and try to freeze them with Elemental Barricade, they never become immobilized. I can never rely on it to slow enemies down, and always end up having to use Destructive Reach or Restraining Prison abilities.

Am I doing something wrong? I even have the perk that increases the chance... Do light attacks not cause the status effects?

No it's how most people play. You use one resource pool for damage and one for utility. So a DW nightblade going around casting cloak and magicka-based debuffs is perfectly viable.

elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

Source

> 2 dungeons for half the price of Orsinium
They saw how people bought the glowing black senche and know they're gonna get away with this.

Here you go.
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/111840/status-effects-and-you
Chilled don't freeze them, only slows them down.

I've seen magicka NB builds that use dw and staff. I'm looking to go that way for my new Dunmer nb since a blade of some sort seems a necessity for a Nightblade. Maybe enchanting them with flame damage will make sense with the Dunmer passives for flame damage.
My previous experience with a nb was not good. He was a dw/bow Bosmer nb back before they made stamina builds practical. Leveling was difficult especially since he was leveling 4 crafts as well.

If I get just the game, without DLCs, can I play until the last level or is there a limit without DLC?

Not the first time or the last time ZOS lies.
>We won't change our payment model (2014 and 2015 before b2p)
>A new group dungeon every 6 weeks(2014)
>Crown store is PURELY cosmetical (2015)
>Bear mount is obtainable from a quest in Orsinium DLC (2015)
>Shadow of the Hist will cost 1000 crowns (2016)

>If I get just the game, without DLCs, can I play until the last level
Yes.

A question for those in RP guilds

I see cool screenshots of gatherings and stuff and it looks fun to watch. Do I have to be an active member or can I just lurk and watch whatever they do

Thanks, I'll buy it! The last MMORPG I played was Dungeon and Dragons Online. Man, that was really fun. I hope to live that all again here.

Isn't Sutch a little bit more north, like just off the map?

what's the average expected dps for endgame content?

what's good dps?

20k is good enough for everything except one trial.
25k and above if you want to do vet maw of lorkhaj.

Where can I practice my rotation and dps? I've heard the giants are pretty good but I don't have orsinium.

10k = Non-vet tier
20k = Average tier
30k = Decent tier
40k = Top tier
50k = Stam DK tier

top tier's only reachable in sustained fights with good buffing

else 30k+ self buffed is competitive endgame dps

vet dungeons

Get Orsinium.

Though giants only have about 100k HP, so they die too quickly to properly practice rotations, they are good for testing the DPS of your rotation at its max, but not practicing keeping all your DOTs and buffs up, for that you can only just really do vet dungeons/trials over and over.

What spell/weapon damage should I be looking for for that DPS, and how do I get it up?

1900-3000 unbuffed

sets
major sorcery
trap
dots

hey does anyone know if there's a way to report bugged quests?

For example the area where you have to race on "Lifting the Veil" keeps reloading while the timer keeps running, forcing me to restart it. I've had a friend log into my account and try it out and he experienced the same problem.

Also in Shadowfen there are around 2 quests in that can't be completed because the action prompts don't do anything

submit a ticket

At least post solo dps targets, not stuff that needs a group to achieve with war horns, spell power cure etc.

>else 30k+ self buffed is competitive
^

Bump

WEW LAD almost an hour between last 2 posts.

DISCUSSION TIME
Anyone excited for the new racials or anything you'd like to see in HIST update that's not been explicitly revealed/tested?

How do I learn the last whitecap trait (lower spell crit)? Combining it with nirnroot creates an invalid potion.

Probably poison, not a potion.

Tried that too, no go. Butterfly wing + white cap and Nirnroot + white cap both fail with natural water and grease

That's ravage spell power

woops, yeah, but whitecap doesn't have lower spell crit. It has
- Lower Spell Power
- Ravage Magicka
- Increase Spell Resist
- Detection

That would explain it. My addons and all sites that reference white cap have lower spell crit listed.

uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alchemy_Ingredients seems more accurate, see
uesp.net/w/index.php?title=Online:Alchemy_Ingredients&action=history
>1 June 2016 Fix spelling of Fleshfly and change White Cap's last trait due to patch

what are dots and traps?

nowadays if you aren't at least 300 cp and lvl 50 you aren't gonna do shit, next best thing would be to find other people your lvl or hire a max lvled person to help with dungeons

Not happy with Argonian changes since it only benefits magicka builds and minorly nerfs stam and tank builds. Also not really lore-friendly, Argonians are supposed to be good at stealth, skirmishing, and scouting.

I'd rather give Argonians stam bonuses and give dark elfs mag bonuses which are more in line with their flame dmg passives. Course that pigeonholes the other way and stam dunmers will complain, but eh.

>2.9k unbuffed
Oh good.