[redacted] something something general

a? edition
>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adb6FQwDnEw
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/142684-what-was-your-longest-burn/
youtube.com/watch?v=olcAaDskOLQ&t=3m48s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Previous thread: >Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=adb6FQwDnEw

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg (embed)

>Some useful calculators
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1 (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY (embed)
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png (embed)

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if (embed)

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, TRUMP 2016, and planes are also welcome ITT.

kspg.sytes.net

NOTE: "kerbal" anywhere in the OP as well as "kspg" in the subject cause the thread to autosage. Please use [REDACTED] in place of these terms when making a new thread.

>being this mad about replying to old posts

>Squad bumping money into deleting /kspg/ instead of paying their employees
Gee

Plop edition

Hullo

I say C U T E edition!

Hmm, batteries are a good thing to have.

>Go to /@/ while waiting a new thread
>It's the same shit as /a/'s KanColle threads
wew

Also, not going to expect 1.2 to be better.

Hullo

My qt husband and I are deciding where he was to to go for dinner, meanwhile a wicked storm is brewing outside

>deletes on topic

TARS, please increase the shitposting output by 300%.

Whats the optimal TWR for the new aero BTW for the initial ascent?

>Husband's birthday
>Celebrate with dinner
>Can't pay for husband's dinner because no job

FYI drag is a factor and it depends on the target orbit and engine type more than following a general standard, or IDK, MB not.

i posted in the wrong thread so i deleted my own post

>being the Angry user who is real and associates with this meme.

What name do you prefer, fellow regular? I know you've read this, please answer.

>replying to 1 year and 253 day old posts

>quoting posts replying to 1 year and 253 day old posts

>fellow
>phellow
>phallow
>phalluw
>phallus
heheehehehehehhehehehehe

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/142684-what-was-your-longest-burn/
holy fuck they've completely run out of ideas

yes, you always follow up with this one. Very cute little meme. But I need some kind of handle, or I will call you something ridiculous, like:
>user-who-implies-angry-replies

>being this mad about being mad about replying to old posts

If you are not snek, please take your time to pull your nose out of his ass and proceed to kill yourself.

If you are snek, then sucks to be you, I'm not the one who resorts to the angry user meme because he can't afford to pay for his husband's dinner.

No, I'm not mad at your Anger, I'm mad that you are such a common regular, yet you lurk in the corner in the dark, avoiding as much human contact as possible.

Come into the light, user. What should we call you?

>being this mad about regulars

SHUT THE FUCK UP TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE STOP BEING SO EASILY TRIGGERED Like me :^)))

You seem angry, user. Did your mom not get the right type of hot pockets at the store?

Mad isn't even the right word.

Concerned. We all just want to be friends, and maybe the past three years were just one big whole miscommunication and we can go back to being happy and content and anonymous and making threads carefree at 750 and genuinely loving each other, and not bickering over nothing anymore. It would be nice, wouldn't it?

I sincerely would like that. Would you guys?

>Change yourself and the way you post and we will be happy?
That doesn't work like that though.

>Not doing 4 hour burns with ions

>being this mad about replying to posts replying to posts that reply to posts that reply to a post quoting a 1 year and 253 day old post

>He has no arguments

How cute

KSP is a failure, for sure. I was just trying to be positive. Maybe things will get better when Squad finally goes under.

man and snek

the duumvirate of cancer

i would rather have the entirety of the KSP forum in here than those annoying childish fucks

Thanks for shining the spotlight on them..............

Don't worry, Squad and /kspg/'s downfall should be soon. I'm ready to let those go, how about you, thread partner? We're arriving at that state where this community will be forever irreparable.

You mean in November 2016 when the contractually obligated DEFINITIVE version of KSP comes out on wii u?

agree
snek is severely overrated when his only skill is to use a phone to bypass bans.

That's like saying the Americans defending freedom were only mad about the tea that got dumped overboard.

people act like he's something other than a symbol of resistance.

everyone likes snakes when they're on the flag saying NO FEET PLEASE, but when there are no feet present you quickly realize the snake has nothing of value to say.

he's not an interesting contributor and he's laughably immature. his only appreciable trait is consistency.

Does a 1.1.3 mod work in 1.1.2?

N U R B U R G R I N G
---------------------P
W H E N

IN A MONTH

THERE IS A LOT OF STUFF BEFORE THAT

It should, IIRC there has not been any significant difference in the way things are done between the two, although i could be wrong.

I do know that 1.1.2 mods work in 1.1.3.

Hey /kspg/, I've been thinking about MAN and I've come to a conclusion that MAN is likely a false-flagging squad shill.

MAN constantly talks bad about squad, to the extent where he says ridiculous and improbable things like . Of course, this stuff would normally be welcome in kspg, but the obnoxious frequency that he does it at coupled with the fallacious claims he makes causes us to shun this type of behavior (such as telling him to fuck off).

This also has the effect of changing our perceptions on the criticism of Squad. Now that MAN's here spamming his garbage, if somebody berates squad, we not only subconsciously make the association between that and MAN but we also have had on many occasions accused others of being MAN.

We also have the issue of how MAN has behaved in the community in regards to Squad. It'd be nice if we got the community as a whole informed about how Squad is actually based in the Netherlands, how they have millions of dollars yet the game is still so shit, and many other things, right? Except that now that MAN constantly spams his copypasta novels about these things and outrageous embezzlement shit both here and the subreddit, these topics can no longer be expressed here, the subreddit, and the forum without both the members of those communities and their moderators associating those topics to MAN, and therefore being outright ignored or removed.

Essentially, MAN's presence has effectively caused any and all discussion of Squad's business practices and management to be associated with his cancerous character, therefore stifling any discussion of it. Not only that, but MAN also manages to tear /kspg/ apart, and we've been known as the only kerbal community that does not blindly praise the game and instead expresses distaste. The end result of both of these are positive to Squad, so it'd make sense to suggest that MAN is nothing more than a false-flagging Squad shill.

have you even been here for longer than a month?

Thanks, I got 1.1.2 because people have been saying 1.1.3 is broken as fuck.

Time to spend the night installing too many mods and then stop playing in two days.

Aint broken for me, I've been playing it and it works.

I've been saying that for months, the only solution is to ignore him and never mention him ever.
He gets desperate when noone takes his bait.

Just like any attention whore, he will just go completely berserk, will try to turn this place into an even worse warzone than it is now and then, maybe, he will just give up.

But that won't happen if people keep taking baits and arguing with him.

>pandering to /kspg/
fuckoff outsider. if you want him to stop posting stop bringing him up.

It didn't work for one guy who cried a lot about it, and now everyone just blindly says that it's bad. It's not like every previous version didn't crash occasionally just like 1.1.3.

Hey there Max, howya doin?

Holy shit this game gives me headaches. Whatever, I'm going to bed, maybe tomorrow I'll torrent 1.1.3 if I feel like it.

Thank you, another day that I keep KSP out of my life.

attaboy

But people don't ignore him

People keep mentioning him

People keep replying to him

And it won't stop

I already do my best to pretend he doesn't exist, but even if one person keeps doing it, he'll stay and shit up the place

Well, what are you currently working on?

I'm going to try to ignore this thread and go play .17
Evens, go to Eeloo
Odds, go to Moho
-
0, keep lurking /@/
Prime post, download Idolm@ster doujin.

Just came back from pic related in France.
I dont have original pics because i forgot my phone charger at home and apparently France hasn't discovered USB TypeC yet.

Then in a couple of weeks there are official tests + race weekend for the F4 championship, then the burgerking

Right now I'm chilling at home tho

Just to be clear, at this point I pretty much approve this message. With the caveat that when I see an empty catalog, I will make a thread.

Silly me, .17 does not have Eeloo.
Reroll.

Nice, how did it go? And how's that car series called

neither has a middle engine
>aesthetics over functionality

Why would you play such an old version?

>aesthetics over functionality
The only acceptable design paradigm.

If one can merge aesthetics with functionality, so much the better. Otherwise aesthetics always win, unless your craft's ugliness as a result of function gives it a unique pseudo-brutalist form.

Oh boy, it fell in prime.

Because it's fun

stability and gamespeed, for one.

>paradigm
stop baiting

youtube.com/watch?v=olcAaDskOLQ&t=3m48s

>baiting
It's more tongue in cheek than anything else. [It's legitimately the most natural combination of words to express the concept I want to get across. "Design style" or something would be much vaguer.]

NASCAR Whelen euro series
It's basically cars based on late 90s/early 00s actual NASCAR rules repurposed with slightly updated hardware and safety gear.
They have low power (400-something HP), a bigass carburettor, beam rear axle, glass fibre bodywork and the kind of low tech stuff you would expect from American "race cars" from two decades ago. They use them as a sort of training ground for drivers aiming for some actual NASCAR racing on the other side of the ocean.

All in all it's fun, they hit each other like there is no tomorrow, there is a surprisingly high public attendance and the organisers give us free beers. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed and, surprisingly enough, they also race those cars on tracks that have both left and right turns

I made a mistake kspg

are you sakebombing user?!?!

woooOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

>drinking weeb beer

What's there in the bomb?

birdfucker a ded

Yeah, you went to a weeb place instead of an italian restaurant for your hubby's birthday. ;^)

So most of them are mustangs and fords (or chevys). How complex are those to fiddle with? I can imagine not as complex as prototypes.

Ok what is up with this bullshit? A random cockpit shows up in the VAB and the kerbal portraits do not show up in flight.

Veeky Forums a shit and I forgot to attach my screenshot becasue of it

Also 90 seconds to make a new post? Really? I haven't posted here in a while but Veeky Forums is really going down the shitter.

The cars are all identical except for the front bumper and the headlight/grille stickers, some look like mustangs and some look like Chevy SS (Cobalts I guess? They don't sell those here in yurop), the rest is the same for everyone.

And for the complexity: it's basically non existent, it's ancient tech and it's very simple, there are only a handful of things you can change for the set up as opposed to the dozens if not hundreds of a proto.

>just downloaded war thunder
I've made a terrible mistake

Your game is fucked up senpai. Post ALT+F2

>war thunder
UGH.

Literally the worst fucking shitfuck grindfest in the world. FUCK war thunder.
It was all fun and games until we hit tier 3.

There are a fuckton of NullRefereceExceptions. I cant even scroll up cause they are spamming up the debug console so much.

Open KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt and scroll to the bottom. What does it say?

Yes, my qt husband got one and I got one too without googling what they were first. I don't like beer at all, but it wasn't bad.

Sake :^)

It said some shit about kerbal engineer. I just uninstalled and reinstalled my mods and everything seems fine now

Those tail lights look like a Cobalt Elite's. At least you don't get to see those abominations.

It sounds like chill event.
>tfw you don't get any free beers by playing.

C U T E!

>tfw absolutely nowhere to get good sushi here without driving over an hour.

>Eating raw fish
ugh

It's only on Veeky Forums so people make meaningful posts instead of chatting.

>implying

So, is b9 procedural wings broken now?

I'm not a fan desu the other dishes were good thoufh5

i've seen RasterPropMonitor cause that in previous versions of ksp. no idea if this is still the case, but if Squad did the "IVAs visible from outside the ship" feature by copying hunks of code from RPM then i could see stock ksp ending up with the same problem.

Now we're talking.

Why don't you keep hitting on yuri instead?

>146914286
If you're implying he's me, you're mistaken. red ten :^)

>It didn't bump
Great job.

forbidden love

>tfw neither of them are in service now.
F

Good. The shuttle was a deathtrap and Mir was damaged and a hazard to the astro/cosmonauts onboard.

>tfw the only research going on is developing cheaper rockets for commercial sats, but no country/big corp is interested in manned missions at all

You're fucking right.
Good riddance.