/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

see you in 5 hours, bricko edition

Last thread: >> 146807110

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/G62kmvSd
>3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki ++ !! READ THIS !! ++
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint.
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 may get released soon. Make sure to block updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-title-installer.432558/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whoops, last thread borked

Would appreciate help getting this figured out guys :'(

>I installed the smash dlc from ciangel and I opened up smash and went to the dlc shop and i dont have the option to download any of them, instead it gives me the option to purchase them. what do?
>also when i launched the dlc shop from within smash to see if i could download it, it appears my dlc for my other game got removed.

I don't have my NNID linked

2nd for 11.1 when

see you in 5 hours, bricko

gb vs 64gb microsd
is slower
Slow in what way? Read speeds, write speeds? I doubt it make a difference for a 3DS?

PS4 hack NEVER EVER

IOSU
O
S
U

Justinbug here. Uploading battle cats now. Will be done in bout am hour will try to make a we code but cia will be on 3dsiso also I uploaded Lego Star wars too

Thanks mate, make sure to make a QR code as well, CIAs are pretty depricated

see you in 5 hours, bricko

Did anyone ask for some danger?
gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-title-installer.432558/

>see you in 5 hours, bricko

N E V E R
E
V
E
R

I'm on 9.9 and I want to use the eshop, but I can't without updating.

How do I use the eshop without updating and fucking up muh ironhax?

>NOTE BY MODERATOR : THIS IS DANGEROUS. DON'T TRY TO INSTALL GAME YOU DIDN'T BUY.
What's dangerous about it?

Either downgrade to 9.2 to get emuNAND running (which you can then update) or go all the way and install a9lh.
If you don't want to use either, I think ctr-httpwn or whatever that homebrew's name was might help.

Because I'm stupid, let me ask you this:

If I just go ahead and update my 3DS: A) is it just gonna brick or whatever, and B) is there any way to revert/hack/etc from the current firmware?

Cryptofixed? I hope to god it is. I cant seem to get the seeds working no matter what

Already tried it earlier. He seemed confident this program worked so either it's botched right now or he's an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing.

shit im tired i thought i was on /g/ for a moment

both, it makes a mild but noticeable difference

>gdrive
>cant even into cryptofix

you fucking serious?

updating emunand is fine updating sysnand is never fine unless a9lh

Guys, I tried following the guide to blocking updates and it said I shouldn't be able to access the eShop, but I still can even after using that DNS.
What can I do?

My setup is a old one with NTR + cakes FW/emunand + menuhax here.

If I am looking to just switch to Luma 3DS + a9lh I have a few questions since the guide is mostly aimed at people going from stock 9.2 rather than those who already have something setup.

>Is RedNAND the same thing as emuNAND with another name or are they different and incompattible?
>Does that mean to get Luma3DS going would I need to backup all my saves, and take them over to the new redNAND?
>Can I skip some steps if I already have my current above setup or should I just clean out and go from stock 9.2 in case something goes wrong?

what if I said I had no clue what either of those things are.

Google is your friend, retard.

best sd card for the 3ds coming through

i am using luma 3ds and a9lh

i am on the latest update

is it possible to install NTR CFW or nah?

Yes, install it as a CIA and launch it. Don't install cias while in NTR and you're good to go

It is.

you can follow the wiki guide in the OP from part 1 since you have outdated homebrew

Yeah. Just use Astronautlevel's fork of BootNTR so it can work on 11.0 without a firmware.bin file

>Don't install cias while in NTR
What happens if you do?

pls respond

>custom-print sd cards aren't a thing
why keep living?

Go back to chink shit, no one here cares.

So /hbg/ how do i update my Wii U games if im blocking the updates? Just got an original Sm4sh and want to play some online.

you can remove the dns, update, put it back on, there's no 5.6 yet so you're fine should update all your software before there is a 5.6

Is the update out?

I was wondering

If I homebrew my wiiu, will I be able to play online once again?

And what about the updates. Will I ever update it or my game will be stuck in 5.5.1?

you don't install anything so everything goes away when you turn it off so you can still play your normal games normally, you can update your games by removing the dns and putting it back on afterwards

>we will no longer need an IOSU exploit once this homebrew gets polished

YES

thanks

Yokai Watch Sushi/Tempura are on the CDN.

Titles 0004000000191000 and 0004000000191100.

Battle cats is on 3dsiso I can't upload a QR code right now let someone else do it

Thank you so much man. This thing was buggering me for a while.

One last question: What about wii games?
Is there a way to make then into the homebrews with the 5.5.1?

OMG Hi SciresM you're amazing pls notice me

So Ironhax and Tubehax doesn't work anymore? It's not listed in Part 1?

wii games from the eshop cannot be played through loadine you have to use vwii

tubehax doesn't work anymore but ironhax does, those on part 1 are there because they are the only ones you can still get like if you didn't have anything as ironhax got patched so you can only use it if you already had it, you can use ironhax to install menuhax instead of doing browserhax then you can continue to part 2

Where do I get that program from picture

Now that Decrypt9 made Uncart useless, what should I change my X prompt to?

Your third CFW

Where can I find good (custom) 3DS themes that aren't Weeb shit?

________________________________________________make it yourself_________________________________________________

There's no way something can be good without being weeb shit.

Can you still use the download queue to download things on to your vita on a lower firmware?

congrats you just describe the entire 3ds library

Should I wait for Cemu or should I invest in a used Wii u?

On one hand, the wii u hack is the only one that works now.
But on the other hand, I imagine the Loadiine trick to load games from SDcard is very slow, while Cemu loads directly from my PC's SSD. And it's not like I'm in a hurry to play the few wii u games with the backlog I have.

>try to connect to servers
>says it's maintenance
>there's no maintenance
Anyone else gettin' this?

My Netflix is having issues, can I erase the dns and update it or is 5.6 out already?

How do I install menuhax using ironhax? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

The website only shows how to do menuhax by way of browserhax.

Get into the homebrew menu and follow the guide from where it gets into the homebrew menu. After placing the files it asked for.

>Watching Netflix
>On a motherfucking 3ds
Literally the worst fucking method

>3ds
>5.6

>5.6
>3DS
I watch it on my WiiU Not really useful for much else these days

>he fell for the 6.0 meme

Anybody know where to get a good, cheap DS flashcart in the US?

so is this the equivalent of the freeshop on the 3ds? If so, neat. I hope it gets polished and retard-proofed soon

Done. Awesome. Thank you.

So, I'm going to assume this "eshop" homebrew app doesn't actually work, and it's not actually that simple? I still need to do the other 4 parts of the wikia guide?

>in the US

So my 3DS is hacked and I was considering finally getting Fuego Emblem Fates

I noticed there's a version with the bikinis back and Japanese voices but were modders able to bring bat the full blown waifu/hasubando petting?

Will OoT hacks work with the Nintendo Selects release?

Yes.

I doubt they'll ever pull that off.
I'm sure someone has injected the localized script into a Japanese version so you can always play that one if you want the petting.

Damn shame. I recall a translation team working on it but they suddenly lost motivation and gave up.

Hey does anyone know why a 3ds would constantly ask to change the luma3ds settings/config on startup? It seems to reset the config every time the 3ds is rebooted and I cant figure out why.

Yep, You should do that to have your 3DS 100% Nintendoproof
Also follow every step cautiously.

I got all the way to Step 20 of Part 2 where I'm supposed to reinstall menuhax- but ironfall won't even launch, so I can't do ironhax anymore. It just hangs on the 3DS menu.

Any decent firmwares for 3DSXL?

>20. Reinstall menuhax using browserhax and the HomeBrew Launcher
>using browserhax
user, you could read a little.

read carefully or you'll fuck up later user

Horribly worded question, so I'm going to assume that you either meant CFW or firmware best for completing the guide.

CFW: Luma (w/ arm9l)
Firmware: 10.3 and below

So I'm on the downgrading part of the 3DS thing and it got an error midway. Settings says 9.2.0 so it's a partial downgrade.

Firstly, the 3DS refuses to start unless the sd is out, at which point it starts and I insert the sd just fine. I have to access homebrew via browserhax every time. Then, in plaisys, it has frozen on Hax Init more than 20 times. I'm not doing anything wrong am I? Shall I just continue trying? Using a n3DS for clarity.

I read that bit, I guess I just assumed I could substitute in ironhax for browserhax like I did in Part 1.
In truth I just did browserhax like it asked immediately after posting that.

change your theme and reinstall menuhax

I sort of had your problem; I went through the whole guide with N3DS as well. If you can get to the homebrew menu, go ahead and set up Menuhax the way it tells you to from Step 10 of Part 1 in the guide.

As for the Hax Init, I too had it error midway, but the second time I did it it worked. I don't know if it was luck of the draw, but that was the last time anything errored the entire rest of the way.

I didn't have any problem with booting with an SD card after the error though, so something else might also be a problem.

What's the most inexpensive method for softmodding an original Xbox at this point?

Nice, it worked. Thanks guys.

are there any good dragon quest themes?

someone help me out

Create a "luma" folder. It can't create it by itself

No but keep posting cute pokemon

god bless. I knew I missed something stupid like that. thank you my man
pic is just for u user

So i got an original 3DS with sysnand 4.5 and Emunand 10.7. I got an Alpha Sapphire from a cousin, do i need to update the Sysnand or can i just play it out of the bat?

Is there a better way to downgrade to 2.1 on my 3DS? I've been restoring emuNAND for hours now and it still leads to error messages.

Okay so my wiiu is on 5.5.1, and i wanna download xenoblade chronicles x (cause fuck paying for it). can i have a retards guide?

Why cant people into subtlety if it comes to 3DS custom themes? Most I see are always overloaded pictures and either shitty anime openings who beginn with screaming or just noisy music.

Recommend 3DS custom themes of your choice.

vita piracy when

a-anyone? I didnt see anything about it on the wiki

SD isn't that slow. A refurb WiiU from Ninty runs 225 and usually comes with a game.

I also just have a personal hate of closed source project emulators that take patreon funding.