/owg/ - overwatch general

JUST edition

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>/owg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1uOqymySz22QFhC6S19HPb8WKJBDNd3ILj679bW2Sk

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>/owg/ Survery
docs.google.com/forms/d/1n4-Xcs6_u2-uPPNrSUYiyKhE1_xFxrt1NsgbsrSOw6w/viewform

>OP Pastebin
documentcloud.org/documents/1173808-elliot-rodger-manifesto.html

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

a.tumblr.com/tumblr_o973w19WBu1t4qcv1o1.mp3#_=_
plays.tv/video/577326ef1d374a8428/some-prayers-they-never-reach-sky-some-wars-never-end-some-dreams-refuse-die-this-time-would-rather-break
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>yfw

a.tumblr.com/tumblr_o973w19WBu1t4qcv1o1.mp3#_=_

I love Pharah!

>enemy team has the level advantage every single game
This is so fucking dumb. I wouldn't mind too much, but my team almost always has level 30s while the enemy's is 70+

What does this icon next to my level mean? First placement match and we got rolled that match btw.

>tfw win first rated match with the meme team Lucio and Mercy
>tfw win the second match because someone on the other team was afk the whole time

Reminder that your low rank is not your team's fault. It is your fault.

wew lads i was at the airport playing overwatch to pass time, seems like isis' junkrat was a scrub

But user levels don't mean anything :^)

>Just wrecked a team with a D.va in comp with my 76

Feels good.

Thanks for the free ults charge, you D.va trash.

>Wanting Mercy nerfs
Mercy did nothing wrong.

It is supposed to mean you're ranked in the top 500 but blizzard said it was bugged or something

I lost 3 in a row
Feels pretty bad man

>Hold beta for competitive mode
>Release it without making any changes based on player feedback

cool

D. Va is so cute

>Comp for consoles next week
Hopefully my mom forgives me for lying about my college classes by then.

Has anyone shit talked you yet?

Either from someone on your team or the enemy?

>mfw I finally try out Junkrat and realize how much fun he is

>competitive play

What's the point?

I know, right? Lucio is way better..

>Sudden death
Holy fuck, remove this shit. Ties should be resolved in equal conditions.

I LOVE being retarded!
Anyway how's everyone's placement match stats so far?

her ult needs to charge 25% slower, that's about it.

>Forced 50 isn't real

anyone else still playing quick play? fuck ranked for now if the leave system is bugged

Best Brawl Ever

>68% kill participation as Pharah, anubis defence
>lose
>Only card for our team on the end, get 1 vote.
>"gg, useless Pharah chose attack hero on defense.

Man, I know I really shouldn't care, but that got to me for some reason. At least someone appreciated my rocket surgery.

What is it

Never touched comp yet

>if I keep winning matches, the game makes me play against better players! forced 50!

I don't even have words for this

why do people get mad at me for playing how I want to play in placement matches? If you get placed with me after this, you're just as bad as me.

>team is completely unable to stop even the most pedestrian of pushes
>unable to break even the most basic chokes

MAKE IT STOP

i SHOULDN'T BE GETTING GOLD IN EVERYTHING BUT HEALING AS ZARYA

Explain to me how can the game tell who's the better player in fucking placement matches.

i like how I win all the time in quick play and then lose on ranked because i get paired with idiots

It's a third match that decides the winner if the first two rounds went 1:1 (or, well, 3:3). So far I've only been on payload maps, and there it works like this: a coin is flipped to decide the attacker, after which they have 60 seconds to push it to a certain point.

Junkrat buffs when?

golden guns and a rank to stroke your epeen

and bad people don't have the excuse of "whatever, it's just quick play"

>what is quickplay MMR

>play the character our team needs
>be best performer in team every match so far except for 2 games
>2-5

Am I bad or could it just be shit luck with teammates?

Warioware rules

Both teams compete with time left on counter until someone finally loses

Threadly reminder to report D.va shitters in comp. Help combat the D.va scourge.

you realize you don't exclusively play with people in placement matches when you're doing your placements, right?

>No one standing on the point at level 60 which means they've been playing for over 50 hours.
>Still being matched with these people.

It's because my win rate has breached 60% on the solo queue. I refuse to let it dip. I'll leave as many games as I need to Blizzard.

>...and why is it absolutely irrelevant in ranked as your starting ranked MMR is decided via placement matches

They do up to a certain point. I'd say around 80+ is when they stop mattering

is mm intentionally shit? every game the low ranks on 1 team and the high ranks on the other.

lmao sure alright. I was using it to make a point but if your head is really that far up your ass you can take it as a literal comparison between the two.

How about the more important comparison between Mercy and Lucio? Mercy not only outheals him but she can damage boost (albeit for not as much as Discord), she has more health, she can fly to her teammates if she gets ambushed by Winston and her ult is near-objectively one of the most powerful in the game.

Or Lucio, who is almost a free win on KOTH maps. He can only heal as fast as Zen when he uses his E but he provides healing to everyone even near him, including himself, without having to focus any energy on them. He can also speed people back to the objective, he can knock people off of edges on maps like Lijiang and Nepal, he has unreal mobility that lets him get places most of the cast can't and his ult is all but invulnerability against burst damage like Junk's ult for a few seconds.

Why would anyone pick Zenyatta over those two in his current state? He's fun and he does a lot of damage but between his lackluster ult (have fun surviving burst damage lmao), his weaker healing and his abysmal survivability he has no place in most games where anyone knows what they're doing.

Keep talking about nuance just for the sake of being a smug dick, though. I bet it wins you a lot of matches.

Explain why Blizzard shouldn't just remove Hanzo from the game.

Yeah, it's dumb, but I can sorta understand why they did it. I mean, it's still better than no update at all. And this first season is shorter too, so when the fall season starts, we'll have a proper gamemode up.

You can't report anyone. None of the categories fit.

>competitive
>nobody knows how to handle Bastion
>nobody knows how to stop a turret
>nobody knows how to group up
>nobody know how to doing a fucking thing
What was the fucking point? I thought it was supposed to be people who had the goddamned basics down.

hes fun

the weeaboo crowd will stop playing their game

competitive uses your quickplay MMR during placements
did you think they would just place 12 totally random players together and see what happens?

Just see where you end up at the end of the season. Enough matches will give you an idea of where you stand.

And I'm done. Went 7-3, all solo queued. Fairly content about it apart from one game where I should've carried but choked.

Quick, how do you handle bastion?

>Now entering King's Row...
Thank god, this map is one of the few good ones
>SKIRMISH

>real map is Anubis

what made you think it would be any different than quick play, its literally the exact same people except for people who are new to the game, which above level 30 you didn't queue with anyway

plays.tv/video/577326ef1d374a8428/some-prayers-they-never-reach-sky-some-wars-never-end-some-dreams-refuse-die-this-time-would-rather-break

Post appropriate character bgm

Yup, I'm taking the time to learn genji and other heroes I don't usually use

Shoot him till he dies.

So are comp placement entirely dependent on how many wins you got?

they're all too nervous because they're being judged in those placement matches

gamers are beta, remember

Did they fuck up the potg even more?

>almost level 60
>barely have any stuff unlocked so far
>open loot
>3 duplicates and currency

Oy vey

>actually having a close match
>they win on attack
>we win on attack
>sudden death
>they all leave
Forced 50 is real but only because the map design is one-sided as fuck.

Everyone is trying it out now. If you wait awhile, things will get clearler.

Or atleast the matches I played on PTR were definitely an improvement to random casual matches. (Not all of them, but on average.)

>heat of the match
>clear off around 4-5 people with my ult as S76
>'oh, that's definitely POTG, man that was great'
>it was a mercy reviving 2 people instead

it's shit

Mommy! I wanna play this new mode! I put all my time on Genji, I can definitely carry! If not, I can whine like always until someone carries!

If nobody carries me, I can blame my team for being shit, then I can leave like a badass!

>think the ranked will save me
>first game goes incredibly well, a corner Bastion that would hold up the average pub team for five minutes is dealt with by me asking Zarya for shield, getting it, and Rein charging him
>At last I truly see

>Second game
>3 torbs
>Hanzo
>Genji
>Haha, nope, I'm out of h-
>LEAVER PENALTY
>I'M STUCK
>WE LOSE EVEN THOUGH ONE OF THEM QUIT
>INSTANT LEAVER PENALTY INCLUDING COOLDOWN TIME
>FOR LEAVING 3 TORB ON ATTACK

>first placement match
>a couple minutes in, "guys i'm lagging"
>he sits in spawn AFK until he gets kicked
>5v6 entire rest of match, lose
i deserve that loss in MMR because it's my fault for being queued with random fucks who can't even participate in the game correctly

>Playing Rein in placement matches.
>Enemy Bastion.
>Pharah on our team actually comes down out of the sky to stand behind my shield and nuke him when he's holding an angle.

Man, I really hope this trend continues. How's everyone finding their ranked teammates, am I just getting lucky with competent people?

>competitive out
>picked Junkrat attack and defense every match
>won 8 so far, queued for the 9th

I always said he shits out a disgusting amount of damage

If forced 50 exists then you're part of it for dragging someone who isn't shit's game down.

I AM LITERALLY DROWNING IN GOLD MEDALS EVERY GAME, BUT STILL LOSING

5-1 CHUMPS

RANK 95 HERE I COME, SHITTERS

I just played a game of comp against fucking Jammku. He mained Torb the whole game, both attack and defend on Anubis.

And he lost hard.

Kill yourself, Jammku.

I just had a match where the potg went to Mercy healing one guy and then dying.

level 25 is like 15 hours

that's less than an hour per character

what the fuck are you going to learn in 1 hour?

What does that symbol next to felix mean?

Ster got 9-1 in PTR and still placed 67.

>a.tumblr.com/tumblr_o973w19WBu1t4qcv1o1.mp3#_=_
wasnt ready man

/v/ here

sudden death is fucking retarded and you blizzdrones are retards for playing a game with it in it

I've been doing pretty good too
>reins who don't drop shields for no reason
>torbs that don't just hump their turrets
>mercys who wait for good rezzes
>lucios who sound barrier for strategic reasons Feels good.

junkrat is the most frustrating character in the game and i despise people that play him. he needs a small nerf, like his grenades not exploding on impact after bouncing or taking damage from conc mine himself

You mean THE pro gamer extraordinaire Jammku?

Soldier, shove a helix rocket down his throat, drop heal, pop back around corner and put a couple of bullets in him regardless of him trying to flee, repair or shoot you

OR

Go Genji, press E (Only if Bastion is retarded, but all Bastion players are retarded so moot point)

OR

Pharah, see Soldier but with less ability usage but more risk

OR

Have Zarya shield Rein and charge

OR

If you've just got Rein use shield to walk into a flanking route, then blindside charge him

After defending KR without them even taking the first one I bullied them. Then we also failed miserably and lost because lololol sudden death

Got a proper response in the end

>Checking out the gold weapon skins like everyone else is doing
>"Neat, they all get turned to gold but they also keep the colour theme of the non-gold skin, that's cool"
>Get to Zenyatta
>They're all the same

I guess they got bored or something?

Am I the only one who dislikes Gibraltar? Playing on offense always feels stressful and long, and whenever I play defensive I always get rolled on

Nobody is forcing you to play each character equally. You can learn a lot in ~5 hours per character, if you play one character from offense/defense-tank-support.

>played 6 competitive games
>having a good time so far
how did Blizzard do it

In the 8 matches that I have played, not a single Hanzo was seen, only godlike genjis.

it's a bugged rank

Type gg ez at the end just to feel slightly better.

>You can learn a lot in ~5 hours per character

No.

It takes at least 30 hours to be comfortable with any character. 50 if you want to be competitive.

The one and only, #1 Attack Torb in NA. Jammku.