/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

Thread dedicated to the discussion of Nintendo video games and consoles. A merger of /3dsg/ and /wug/
Previous [!] Nintendo's 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
[!] Hyrule Warrior Legends: Link's Awakening DLC Pack - youtu.be/J9o05_Lx7XQ
[!] Miitomo Update - twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/747353612079104000
[!] Professor Layton in Development - famitsu.com/news/201606/24109349.html
[!] SEGA: "We felt from the very beginning, that the Nintendo platforms were where the passionate Sonic fans were." - nintendoeverything.com/sega-on-sonic-being-linked-to-nintendo-and-collaborating-with-the-company/
[!] Phil Spencer, head of Xbox: "When @Nintendo launches a new console it's an exciting time for the industry. And Zelda looked good at E3."https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/745736728254652417?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/s7S77ckc
Wii U - pastebin.com/hPDcJam1

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/amiibo-igcc-9.jpg

>/Nintyg/'s official Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Disclaimer: Do NOT feed (You)s to Babt or other shitposters.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NStyles
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nintendo's 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders Q&A
Q1: I've held shares for 20 years. I want to protest the board of directors being all-male. Remember half of the market is female Also, I don't use a PC, and I'd like the opinions of those kinds of shareholders to be taken into account.
A1: Kimishima: We don't have any females [on the board]. For foreigners, Reggie is an operating officer. There are many female employees, and their opinions are applied in product development. It's important that we continue taking their opinions in dev.

Q2: Looking at the balance sheet, I think this is a very good company, but the stock price is low and needs to be increased. For example, focusing on VR, developing software for elders to exercise and prevent dementia, and other various types of efforts. I would also like a young director to be appointed.
A2: Kimishima: Other companies' VR presentations at #E3 became a topic of discussion. It has captured customers' interest, and while we're researching it, we don't have anything concrete to discuss now. To increase the stock price, we're utilizing our IP researching QOL, preparing the #NX, and taking on many such challenges.

I have a really good geoteck controller for my WiiU that works as a WiiU pro controller but also has a switch on the back so you can set it to work as a Wii Pro Controller. This is a really handy feature but unfortunately one of its sticks is kinda wonky and registers inputs where there are none. I cracked it open and think I've fixed it but it's likely to break again at some point.
Geoteck no longer make WiiU controllers so I can't find any more of these to purchase.

Does anyone know of another 3rd party controller with similar functionality? It isn't necessary and I could obviously just buy some 3rd party Wii U pro controller, but it'd be nice to be able to use it with the Wii as well since it's kinda annoying having to have the wiimote attached to the pro controller on the wii.

Q3: It's been reported that Great Britain is leaving the EU. Does this affect Nintendo, and if so, what are you doing about it?
A3: Kimishima: Financial markets are in turmoil. For now, the yen is strengthening, causing our foreign assets to fall. We have NintendoUK, and safety standards and personal information regulations from the EU may change under the UK. We're watching the situation and making preparations.

Source?

Q4: About last year's leadership change. Last July, Iwata-san passed away and in September, President Kimishima succeeded him. There was a problem with not having a president for 2 months. I want to know why that was. What will happen to [Iwata] Asks? Many people are demanding action games as smartphone applications, so will you release a physical controller?
A4: Kimishima: In regards to [Iwata] Asks, I don't come from a game dev. background, so if I ask, it wouldn't be interesting. Former President Iwata entered the hospital before passing away and directed Takeda, Miyamoto, and I at that point. However, he didn't expect to pass away so soon, so we needed time to decide upon the following organization and direction.
Miyamoto: Thank you for the last question. About Iwata Asks, even he said, "It's gotten in a rut." For now, we want to continue NintendoDirect with Morimoto. We will do lots of new things. There being no female directors was criticized, but I think their contributions as development staff are world-class.
Shinya Takahashi: There are certainly physical controllers for smart devices, but Nintendo wants to make action games w/out them.

I had one of those, pretty cool. Don't know if anyone else is making them.

twitter.com/NStyles

Q5: Miitomo is doing well, but I'd like to hear your response to providing contents to other companies' platforms.
A5: Kimishima: I think we're still working to resolve the initial challenges with smart devices. We'll have 5 titles by March.

Q6: Until now, the President has delivered the annual report directly, but this year was an audiovisual presentation. I want to know how much effort the President is putting into Nintendo.
A6: Kimishima: This may be difficult to hear, but I'm going through trial-and-error. It may be better for me to report myself so I'll take it into consideration.

Q7: The marketing budget is being revisited and the balance of payments corrected, but I get the feeling that new product news is declining.
A7: Kimishima: We revisited the marketing budget in accordance with sales figures. As a result, we've saved versus 2-3 years ago. It's not good to just make budget cuts, so we're trying various media and methods other than TV commercials. We have to use the right timing to reach those who don't always follow us. For each customer segment, we want to improve by creating a detailed market plan to reach them.

Q8: There was a change to the articles of corporation to add "manufacturing and sales of medical devices." Please explain.
A8: Kimishima: This is related to QOL devices, but it was added in anticipation of future business expansion.

Q9: When the WiiU added HD support, there were development issues and software shortages. Will the organization avoid the same problems when investing in new technologies like VR? How is NX development structured?
A9: Kimishima: I understand your question as being about my speaking negatively about the WiiU. Some said that the Wii U would sell because the Wii was selling. However, I said that if the Wii was selling, getting users enjoying the Wii to switch would be a hard sell.
Miyamoto: At the time, we sold a game machine with the GamePad for 30,000 yen. However, we faced difficulty from other companies releasing many tablets at low prices. We talked about the new Zelda for WiiU and NX at E3. I'd like you to watch this video from the floor.
[Video Reggie: What we can show you now is only a part, but when it's released next year, you'll be able to fully enjoy it.]
Shinya Takahashi: This is video from Day 3 of E3. Many people came to play Zelda. Normally, Day 3 isn't this crowded. Tickets ran out right away. Many people have high expectations for the game. We're also working hard on the NX version.
Miyamoto: The Legend of Zelda turns 30 this year and has many fans in the west. We're considering how to get Zelda out of its rut. We're calling it "open air." Creating realism with physics, you can go to the far-off mountains without cutting away. You'll be able to have the same experience on the NX.
Miyamoto: Normally we would've shown the NX at E3, but we didn't. We're worried about imitators if we release info too early. This year, we only had Zelda on display. As it's not a game for short play sessions, it was playable for 30 minutes. It was rated as E3 Game of the Show by game magazines. I heard VR was a hot topic at E3, so I went to check it out. It was on display, but it wasn't what I expected. We're also researching VR, so we have the core technology.

>Normally we would've shown the NX at E3, but we didn't. We're worried about imitators if we release info too early.
This got me hyped

So... Q3 announcement?

Monster Hunter amiibos!
Since when and how did I miss this?

What?

>had
Did yours break too?

I let my nephew burrow it, he really enjoys it.

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4.
Quarter
As in a year being divided in 4 parts. Q3 being Fall/Autumn

>Geoteck no longer make WiiU controllers
>asymmetrical sticks
Why? Why Microsoft? Why did you start this meme and why did anyone anywhere copy you?

It's better for games where you don't need to use the right stick much since then both thumbs are aligned with the parts of the controller you'll be using most.

Who is the best Nintendo girl and why is it Zelda?

Not having your buttons parallel to your buttons and your analogue sticks parallel to your analogue sticks is just weird user.

D pad isn't often used these days. Makes sense for most used items to be parallel.

wtf is this new OP?

The Xbox One controller feels great to use, I dunno what drugs you're on

Not sure where else to ask this, but does anyone know what Princess Peach's stats are? As in height, weight, age, bra size, etc.

It's important that I figure this out, or at the very least a decent estimate. Don't ask why though.

Are you guys even trying?

you want it all but you can't have it

How long do you think I will have to wait for ZTD to go on sale?

bump

Yeah yeah yeah

Whoever for did the OP and rewrote everything for some reason, there was a description of babt's behaviour for a reason.

That's Hilda tho.

32DDD.

Peach is 4'9"
110 lbs
31 years old
B cup bra size

According to my fanfic on Literotica.

lol

Did anyone ever explore the temple of time in the BotW demo? Is there anything of note around the pedestal of time or anything?

Some side quest in #FE are kind of annoying, a lot of hopping back and forth from locations to Fortuna Office and vice versa, so many loading screens.