/twg/ - Total War General

tomorrow edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1#Total_War:_WARHAMMER_.E2.80.93_Update_1
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?214-Rome-Total-War-Hosted-Modifications
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>1 month for this

Oh well.

PATCH NOTES ARE UP

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1#Total_War:_WARHAMMER_.E2.80.93_Update_1

1st for still no DLC and no DLC in the next days.

2nd for "1 month to make Orcs even worse then they were before."

does the patch mention shit about AOE spells not scaling with unit size properly?

did they fucking fix balthasar gelt and heinrich kemmler so they are more viable?

New thread?

Riight, when would that pontus shitposter gonna strike again with that google translation shit?

xth for Marauder Horsemen

1 month for one unit, its pottery lads ;)

Only 6 more till Bretonnia, no wonder its a 10 year plan.

>people literally complaining DLCs arent coming fast enough

>lul send my regard when u meet Leoncour in the afterlife
>u have swords and bows we have rifles and tanks wtf were u thinkin
>this place would b pretty gud for a chapel to Sigmar
>go for broke, aim for his cock

Doing Sigmar's work lad.

How do you not suck at Stainless Steel?
My troops get absolutely cucked by Turkish archers and skirmishers.

fuck you

It's really quite amazing

People need something to complain about, no matter what.

Let's kill some chaos warriors.

modern gaming audience, user

I was considering getting back into the original Rome after not having played it for years.

I have only ever played it vanilla.

Is there any "essential" or /twg/-approved" mods for the game?

Isn't that one realism mod pretty good? Europa Barborum or something like that.

Just like real life I guess. You have to get your own good light cav or skirmishers.

Radious

I don't care about DLC or whatever
There's no fucking content

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?214-Rome-Total-War-Hosted-Modifications

take your pick

So why didn't anybody guess these were coming?

Radious modded Rome 1? No need, its units already radious-tier

I'm just happy to see a patch.

Doesn't seem to mention it in the spell section. They did modify direct damage spells and fiddle with agents. So one thing at a time I guess.

Some interesting changes.

Flat buffs to a lot of Chaos Warrior stuff. Yet Forsaken are more rebalanced with losses in fight stats but gains in speed and charge bonus. Marauder Horseman gained damage, reload, and accuracy which may make them feel like they actually do damage now. Faster warhounds may make a huge difference in early campaign to offset that.

Dwarves getting some cute buffs. Didn't use flame cannon much and now I may. Organ Gun having pen against trolls is nice. Slayers having a lower chance to get KD by splash attacks could be all they needed to be viable against big guys.

Empire doesn't see much changes. -speed to a few units (griffons/demigriffons)

Greenskins getting savage orc nerfs makes me happy for campaign.

VC seeing nerfs/buffs. Ethereal getting more physical resistance.

AI tweaks....
>Increased war co-ordination attack priority in campaign.
Sweet.

>Ai is now less inclined to start chasing the chaos player around the campaign map
FUCKING SWEET

>Increased the chance chaos recruits
That should make them showing up scarier.

Looking like a solid first patch to me.

When are Greenskins going to not be terrible?

Mate, they were speculated since the FLC release schedule was revealed.

I've had Atilla for a while but I never got around to playing it, should I bother with any of the DLC while they're all on sale? Should I get Rome 2 instead?

Well if the clue is in the picture, then we could probably guess at what we expect to see for the other FLC

Age of Charlemagne

That's the Vampire Count Sigil...

there was plenty of speculation once the FreeLC schedule was put on the wiki and most folks expected that first unit to be the Blood Dragons

>doing all races on hard this time
>dwarves and chaos really fun
>empire still easy
>VC is possible but greenskins grew too strong and kept invading sylvania over and over
>greenskins now
>turn 25, surrounded by stacks of dwarves
>only have black krag
>all other greenskin factions nearby are already dead

How am I supposed to win this now? You need like 3 armies to kill one of the stunties.

Is Empire a good buy now that's on sale? Or is it still broken as hell?

super secret Free LC release order

Broken. Buy it only if it is dirt cheap.

How mad are the male feminists gonna be when the Legendary Lord is another male? Orc by the looks of it.

next VC LL is Isabella, as her voice is in the files

It can be fun, but for my taste the AI is really too stupid. Just put your units in a straight line and you will win. The AI will run towards you in a messy "formation" while they get shot. If they reach you they will fire one or two volleys (that aren't effective since the AI in incapable of forming a straight firing line) before the charge into melee combat.

The who of the what would be mad about what now?

new Orc LL is Wurzzag btw

>Autoresolver now deals less damage to high quality units (e.g. Slayers) in standard battle situations and deals more to low quality units.

FUCK YEAH!

>Subculture targeting missions are now always cancelled when the targeted subculture is destroyed.

This better fix grudges or there will be a grudging.

>Negative or neutral innate traits are now less likely to appear when recruiting a new Lord or Hero.

There's another mod I'll need to switch around.

>Reduced the rank requirement of the grudge to rank up a Master Engineer from 15 to 10.

Thaaank fuck.

There's a massive thread on the forums about there not being any female lords.

Not even sure this game is on the feminist's radar. I wouldn't mind a qt female LL desu.

Do orcs even have a gender? I thought they came from spores and didn't reproduce sexually

But Orcs reproduce asexually...

>Goblins are now more ticklish.

I forgot that tickling was a fetish. That google search pulled up a bit more then I expected.

>buff to Marauder Horsemen and Hounds of all things

Thank you CA, for making defending against Norscan scum even more of a pain in the ass.

just fyi
FLC 1: Blood Knights
FLC 2/3: New Wizard+Lore for Empire
FLC 4: New VC LL (Isabella/Vlad/Wallach)
FLC 5/6: New Wizard+Lore for Empire
FLC 7: New Orc LL (Wurzzag)
FLC 8/9: New Race (Brets/Wood Elves) + new Lore
FLC 9: Master Engineer for Empire

Yeah but the point is they wasted this opportunity for diversity and added another testosterone fueled man.

I guess I should be thankful to never have gone there, then.

>Isabella/Vlad/Wallach
>Not Krell
>Race FreeLC
>Not Bretonnia
>Even thinking Wood Elves when the whole concept of Campaign Packs for the game was built for them.

wow they look shit. just COPY THE FUCKING MODELS CA your design team are so fuckign incompetent. Also Blood Knights are the colour of blood, not just bright red and with battered rusting armour.

You need to lower your tone right now

It would be nicer if FreeLC slot isn't Bret. We already have half of them and a full new race would be more content to get for free.

Hounds buff is a speed buff which isn't very impactful when defending against them as they just get where they are going to get anyway. Where it's huge is letting Chaos Warrior campaigns counter Horseman more directly.

Marauder Horseman's offense was shit and ignorable. They are a terrible unit. AI armies need to run a lower count of them. Multiplayer and campaign chaos both needed them buffed.

>just COPY THE FUCKING MODELS CA

Uh...they did?

Better than Radious, so who gives a shit.

>bright red
Behold the effects of spectral lighting in a game engine. Please note the darker areas further from the camera.

Radious didn't even made the Blood Knights mod

IS THAT FUCKING OFFICIAL BLOOD KNIGHT DLC I SEE?!??!

Brets are already playable in the MP. So having them as a paid DLC would be rather dumb since they will just be adding on to the roster and implementing all the campaign features. Doesn't make sense to have customers pay for something they have access to already rather than something completely new. On the same note you'd rather sell the completely new thing because more people will want to buy it.

They literally look the same you batshit fuckball. Maybe the digital models reflect light differently, but those models look like they are just lighter and darker shades of red.

Nah its FreeLC.

That's exactly what they did with Chaos Warriors though. They just got more units when you bought them.

>They are a terrible unit

I know. They are also terrible fucking annoying to deal with, and buffing them will just make it even stupider.

the missing lores might be beast and life

>Marauder Horsemen (all): +Damage, +Reload Speed, +Accuracy

Based. But I thought the Blood Knights hated Manfred Von Carstein? Why would they join his faction?

Without the Chaos dlc you cannot select them in any capacity. The roster is just larger than the AI would have access to in vanilla.

Let the world burn

Youse asking the wrong guy hombre. Probably because its a video game.

>those greenskin nerfs

rev up those... wolf chariots?

He made blood knights.

nah, he just got permission to use em

々?

No he got permission to use someone else's mod in his mod. He didn't make that unit. That's why it actually fits in the lore.

my mistake.

Better than that shitty mod then.

Nah that unit still isn't going to be worth anthing. I really don't understand the nerf to gobbo archers or spider riders but I usually ran orc arrer boyz or savage and never took anything short of a boar boy. I'm happy all trolls go a buff (GS, Chaos, Chaos Armored)

Trolls and chariots now viable, but at what cost.

Gather the men

Campaign buff to not-orcs I feel. Orc AI tend to get huge gobbo stacks and the sheer quantity of fire can get more impactful then you'd expect. They also tend use the spider riders a lot and that's the main gobbo archer unit with armor piercing damage.

Yes, they hate him - but he's the Carstein heir, and they're the Carstein family.
They'll have no problems under Vlad/Isabella, IMHO.

Is the Black Coach not absolute garbage anymore?

I dont't know what keeps me more from enjoying M2: The fact that I'm new to the game or the horrible camera controls

>Autoresolver now deals less damage to high quality units (e.g. Slayers) in standard battle situations and deals more to low quality units

you switched them to the wasd-scheme, right?

Slayers also only take 1 turn to recruit and don't get knocked down as much. They might be worth using, now.

What faction?

Every time I go back to old games I gotta change controls to be more like modern total war.

How are they not nerfing demigryph knights and Beaquis into the ground?

WHERE ARE MY MEN?

Demi got buffed

Demigryph Knights: (all) +Cost, +Damage, -AP Damage, -Speed
que?

>No beastmen
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

They are, but they buffed their counters too.

Chosen now are have higher armor, and halberd variant is greater vs large.

All other cav has been buffed.

Blood knights are anti-large

Orcs still fucked though.

Demis got a damage buff but an AP damage nerf and speed nerf. Also they will cost more.

Tried my luck as the Byzantines in the early SS campaign.