ITT: countries that ruined everything

ITT: countries that ruined everything

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Thessalonica_(1185)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are those the one who sacked their capital city when they refused to pay their debts? Oh, they totally ruined everything.

I feel your byzaboo bro
Also pic related

>insulting the most serene republic

Every time i see someone defend the sack of constantinople with "muh depts" i start hating catholics a little bit more

Guess
>W
>H
>O

Pay denbts you lazy greek

Why? For sacking their city because they didn't pay their debts?
Also, who massacred the Latins for not a single fucking reason? Then you're hating on Catholics when they did what Greek told them to do, and not honor the deal?

I am not even greek, it's just obvious how much mental gymnastics cathplics go through.
>hurr durr, why did luther have to start his own church instead of trying to reform the catholic Church from within and try to get excecuted like every reformer before it?

The massacre of the latin is a good reason.
Promises from a powerless pretender is not.

Greeks massacred the Latins, and you're mad that Catholics sacked Constantinople?

ITT: OP's that should pay denbts.

The catholics had also revenged their fallen through a bunch of raids against the byzantines.

can you please give a source?

You haven't even read the wiki article on the massacre, have you?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Thessalonica_(1185)

because that would have fucked everything up for the Church

>bunch of raids
>one raid
lol wut

It was better just staying corrupt then?

???

Reminder that promises made by a failed pretender do not count as "debts".
>literally fucking promised that Byzantium would turn Catholic
use you brains morons

Latins were literal didnus.

>The predominance of the Italian merchants caused economic and social upheaval in Byzantium: it accelerated the decline of the independent native merchants in favour of big exporters, who became tied to the landed aristocracy, who in turn increasingly amassed large estates.[1] Together with the perceived arrogance of the Italians, it fueled popular resentment amongst the middle and lower classes both in the countryside and in the cities.[1]

>The religious differences between the two sides, who viewed each other as schismatics, further exacerbated the problem. The Italians proved uncontrollable by imperial authority: in 1162, for instance, the Pisans together with a few Venetians raided the Genoese quarter in Constantinople, causing much damage.[1] Emperor Manuel subsequently expelled most of the Genoese and Pisans from the city, thus giving the Venetians a free hand for several years.[7]

>In early 1171, however, when the Venetians attacked and largely destroyed the Genoese quarter in Constantinople, the Emperor retaliated by ordering the mass arrest of all Venetians throughout the Empire and the confiscation of their property.[1] A subsequent Venetian expedition in the Aegean failed: a direct assault was impossible due to the strength of the Byzantine forces, and the Venetians agreed to negotiations, which the Emperor stalled intentionally. As talks dragged on through the winter, the Venetian fleet waited at Chios, until an outbreak of the plague forced them to withdraw.[8]

A glorious nation that should still exist

The only thing Venice did wrong is not join the Reformation

U.S.A.

And what was the reason for sacking Zadar?

This... and France.

t. 1/4 of the world, except Singapore who are loyal.

I believe Austria-Hungary existed for too short of a period of time to even influence something major. I myself come from a nation that used to be a part of this dualist monarchy and by all my knowledge I can tell... look, Franz Joseph I. was a great guy, a huge change to how Austria used to work before the estabilishment of Austria-Hungary but unfortunately his reign... well... yeah.

Unless I have gotten everything wrong giving Hungary any influence was their biggest fault.

to be frank, everything in Central Europe would be much easier if Hungarians haven't moved into Europe and haven't settled in Carpathian Basin...

Unleashed a bunch of smug, self righteous, anti-American Americans upon the world.
I honestly do hate this fucking country.

Sorry,a gust of wind came through

But they fixed everything.

+30 posts and nobody even mentioned this. Are you people serious

Literally did nothing wrong

t. Roachoglu

Greatest thing to ever happen to the Balkans

what map even is that? at no point did one caliphate control all of that clay.

thousands of shills who infest this board may now attack me

People have laughed at us, but only ever once. If you mess with the best, you'll die like the rest.

No, they sacked Zara (at Hungary's expenses) because they needed to pay off the shipyard's salary. Then the crusaders were hijacked to Constantinople at the bequest of an usurper who wanted to be emperor instead of the emperor.

literally shaped like a knife

Ottoman Empire

And that part of the red sea looks like a guy getting stabbed in the back by the Israeli knife.

you're either Polish or Serbian

>Poles hate on Venice
Why?

oh shit I referred to wrong user, I thought I clicked reply to the guy who put Austria-Hungary

Fuck, this makes me moist. Imagine the possibilities... would have Venice kept a more "european" profile had this happened?

>Poles hating KUK
Wut? Mate, we have Kaiser on our mineral water.

Nothing, the Habsburgs and the rest of Italy would have destroyed them.

The rest of Italy was to pathetic to defeat Venice on their own and the Habsburgs were to busy dealing with German Protestants to intervene

Genoa's fleet, the Papal states, Milan, Naples, Savoy, hell France would have joined at some point too. Come on, a Protestant Navy (because really that's what Venice's only serious military the rest were mostly mercenaries) surrounded by Catholic countries, in Catholic heartland? Their only chance would have been to ally with the Turks against Austria but that would never happen. The only possibility they would have had is if they'd managed to keep their lands in Greece and expanded into the Balkans/Asia Minor, which would have made them a much bigger player.

I was almost positive this thread would be at least 50% people hating on the U.S.

Not even at fault. The fault lies with.

>all those coups in south america
>making banana republics in central america
>contributing massively to middle east being a shithole, by:
>supporting israel and saudi arabia

>literally bigger than Ottofag boyfucker empire

best Turks = Seljuks.

Ottomans were significantly larger at the height of their expansion.

Literally the best

Everything even slightly Germanic

CALL ME THE PLAQUE

>existed for too short of a period of time to even influence something major
yeah, not like WWI was AH's fault, or that it triggered both the russian revolution and WWII, and that that triggered also cold war, the division of middle east, the creation of israel, the scramble for africa, the condor plan, the shitload of anti-communist wars USA fought in the second half of the century, the rise of al-quaeda, the rise if ISIS, the cuban embargo, the rise of eastern countries mobs, the chinese revolution, the use of weapons of mass destruction, etc, etc.
basically, everything wrong that happened in the last century, was AH's fault and you still claim they didn't even had a chance to influence something major.

what did they do exactly besides supporting ISIS and that stuff?

argiefag here to avoid being called murican.
desu, the problem in middle east is more UK's fault. they performed the retarded division after WWI and they created israel. USA at least tries to keep them a shithole so no one rises

lmao at all the t*rks getting buttmad at this

I agree that this empire is a shitstain

At price of losing the Empire GG

Antoninus destroyed the empire, his reign ushered in decades of laziness and gluttony for Rome. Rome would have survived if they continued slowly expanding and exacting influence on new provinces while slowly delegating more powerful to older provinces. Almost every emperor in Rome fucking sucked and did nothing to improve it, no longer based on merit the romans were led by fucking idiots and even the best emperors who did excellent work for the roman people ended up reigning for way to long. The republic made Rome strong and I believe a modified republic would have been perfect to slowly integrate and govern. Instead rome decided to centralize power in an expanding empire where they should have been decentralizing, the nobility in Rome had a fucking stick up their ass and couldn't stand giving power to the provinces even though they should have. Imagine a Rome that wasn't scared to push further in Germania and just slaughter the German tribes or a Rome that held onto Parthian lands.