/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #489 - Bark Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments
SEGA Confirms New Sonic Project Coming 2017
sonicstadium.org/2016/06/sega-confirms-new-sonic-project-is-coming-in-2017/

Sonic Humble Bundles
humblebundle.com/sonic-25th-anniversary-bundle
humblebundle.com/books/sonic-comics-bundle

Tons of Unseen Sonic Concept Art Revealed
sonicstadium.org/2016/06/lots-of-unseen-concept-art-of-sonic-and-company/

Sonic: Mega Drive First Look, Sequel Revealed
sonicstadium.org/2016/06/first-look-at-sonic-mega-drive-1-reveals-sequel/

Sonic Boom Fire & Ice E3 Trailer
sonicstadium.org/2016/06/sonic-boom-fire-ice-e3-trailer/

Runners is Dead.
sonicstadium.org/2016/05/sonic-runners-shutting-down-next-month/

Sonic is joining the cast of LEGO Dimensions!
siliconera.com/2016/06/09/sonic-hedgehog-joins-lego-dimensions/

>Recent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-MsWQLwbnsw
youtube.com/watch?v=_AYhlMwXMkc
youtube.com/watch?v=jlc1d2_Lj4c
youtube.com/watch?v=B8OmsYUzq3k
youtube.com/watch?v=tE7aj3As68I
dropdead.co/collections/sonic-guys/products/sk-world-tour-jumper
dropdead.co/collections/sonic-guys/products/zoned-out-t-shirt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BUMP WHAT ARE YOU DOING THOSE ARE user'S UNDERPANTS

Sonic Team should bring Bark back and make him talk.

sometimes I do graphics of sonic games i would like to see.

>Making him talk
Way to miss the point
Stupid deer, give those back

youtube.com/watch?v=-MsWQLwbnsw

Gotta admit, that one's pretty clever. How many Europoors here had to experience the PAL versions of the Genesis games?

I did

First time I played a Sonic game, truth be told it was so long ago I cannot remember what it was like compared to the 'proper' versions.

Why can't Sonic characters just learn how to swim?

Sonic kind of did in Colors

Tails can swim in Sonic 3&K, Knuckles can swim in Advance. Sonic's the only one who can't swim.

Requesting this but with Amy and Sonic.

youtube.com/watch?v=_AYhlMwXMkc

No offense, but that looks dumb.

Actually, some offense was meant.

I love high quality rips
youtube.com/watch?v=jlc1d2_Lj4c

The story's so dumb but I kind of love the cheesiness, it's endearing.

>endearing
I don't know how your brain is wired but that is the last thing almost anyone would say about that shit's story.

I'm talking more about the tone, not the actual plot.

And?

It had a corny villain and the voice acting was kinda bad and the characterisation needed a lot of work but I liked some parts. There's worse stories.

I mean I play it on classic mode any time I go back to it but y'know.

What singer does she sound like?

Yeah I can't see myself playing adventure mode through again. Is Carol's story different in any way cutscene wise or should I just go classic?

>There's worse stories.
There's always worse. Doesn't stop it from being irredeemably bad and straight from a 14 yr old on ff.net, m8.

Yes, Ian has mentioned Megadrive is in continuity to the main book in several interviews and on his twitter.

Can we actually try to discuss Sonic please?
I'm really tempted to say Avril Lavigne

Meant for

I can't really think of any female 90s punk leads that weren't cancer.

A bad vocaloid like Miku

When Lilac buggers off from the group it shows what happens with Carol, but apart from that, not much.
Skip the story until then or just watch the whole thing to remind you how much you love it.
May as well play it once, then classic all the way from then on.

It didn't include any romance so it's bearable at least.
Still pretty cringey mind you.

Cascada.

youtube.com/watch?v=B8OmsYUzq3k

Adding romance would have been the only thing they could have done to make it worse. It's 06 tier.
But I'm done talking about a non-Sonic related game here. It's not needed.

Mina sings well, there is a reason why Sonic and all those people came for her concerts.

> inb4Eggmandidn'tlikeit

Yes, and he also dislikes sunshine, happiness and rainbows.

Easy one.

What is this picture supposed to be?

That image does things to me that I am not comfortable with.

It's not like Sega's giving us anything new to talk about.

But oh well, here's hoping we get a game that isn't Fire and Ice this year. Not that I think it'll be awful but an anniversary game would be nice.

Mina going through a bad girl phase a la Miley Cyrus

I just hope it keeps its standalone nature completely. Even if it becomes more than one-shots.

While I wasn't the biggest fan of it, I liked that the Boom comic was in no way tied to the main book, gave a nice refresher and alternative.

>I just hope it keeps its standalone nature completely. Even if it becomes more than one-shots.
Judging from the way Ian describes it, it seems like it's going that route.

Eggman didn't like Mina's trash because he has taste.

is that supposed to be Demi Lovato?

you still have to record Pollock at SoS for /sthg/

Didn't Nicole dislike it too?

Yes. She called it overrated

Different user

But sure, I can try. Jeeze it's close

>no Tower in the thread

It should be implied that tower was there at the ARK job. Better yet, he was the field commander in charge of clearing the ark out and killing the scientists. Just for an extra kick in the ass to Shadow for following him.

Tower was a kid when that all happened.

Alright, gonna need to see Tower dressed or undressed I guess as Urien. In suit or in his banana hammock, doesn't matter.

But that makes no sense. He was a kid when all of this went down. In fact he was best friends with Maria. His entire backstory is fucked

So Sonic, the other freedom fighters and everyone else don't?

Technically, as of Worlds Unite, Boom was in continuity with the main comic. It was just a different dimension that never interacted with the main one apart from that one time.

I'm thinking Megadrive might work the same way, because Genesis portals.

>Urien

Who? Honestly asking here.

Exactly.

Street Fighter character
In an interview that came out today, Ian basically said it takes place in the comic's past, but it can still be read as standalone

This bronzed greek god right here.

She probably prefers electronica. :^)

>In an interview that came out today, Ian basically said it takes place in the comic's past, but it can still be read as standalone

Well, nevermind then. Just got back from work, didn't feel like reading through last thread since this just started.

Nah, I'm sure it's the same Sonic. The flashbacks, Genesis of a Hero, Megadrive. All the same continuity.

My only exposure to Street Fighter is in the vs games and I'm usually into those for whatever Capcom is versing against. No wonder I didn't know him.

Ah, didn't realize. He strikes me as a 60-70 year old, not a 50-60 year old. Figured he'd might be a young soldier, not a kid. Didn't realize he had some backstory already. I don't remember that.

I don't get it.

It's in Shadow, the only game he's appeared in.

The European versions of the Genesis trilogy ran at half the framerate of the North American versions
Yeah, it's from Shadow

In Shadow's game he mentions he's a grandfather. I think he was around Maria's age when the incident on the ARK happened and she was 12 I want to say. So 60-70 is about right.

What if Sally was wearing a wig?

youtube.com/watch?v=tE7aj3As68I

dropdead.co/collections/sonic-guys/products/sk-world-tour-jumper

Why do Brits keep getting new Sonic apparel and why is it always ridiculously expensive? 60 bucks is crazy for a sweater, let alone 60 pounds.

Though the pricing on this is even worse.
dropdead.co/collections/sonic-guys/products/zoned-out-t-shirt

I dunno if I should, but since I'm not doing anything anyway I will bite: and how do you know that?

Please explain in universe why does Robotnik have good musical taste seeing that pretty much everything he hates is what other people think is good (ie if you said genocide is bad he answers 'nope it's good!'), and why does Sonic, Tails and the other FFs (mind you, which many also have experience with music) have bad musical taste considering that, for example, one of Sonic's main traits is liking cool things. Plus the giant amount of fans and all else.

Is it the contrarian is always right (such as flowers are the true menace, robotizing animals is good), I hate the character so she sings bad or I like contradicting the comics main narrative?

Brits love their Sonic

Goddamn, stop taking everything people say here at face value.

Noice

Thanks, doc.

This is true autism.

> it was just a ruse

That's better.

She was comforting Sally.

At first Sally was above the petty "well THEY'RE NOT SO GREAT ANYWAY" pity party, but joined in once she saw Sonic with Mina.

We all knew it was a ruse 48 minutes ago, mate.

Are we getting issue no.283 today or has it been delayed? Previews are saying it's out today (the 29th).

What about 35 minutes ago?
It's out today, someone just storytimed it a week early

Presumably the ruse knowledge would've continued, but theoretically a case of acute localized amnesia could have also occurred.

>MARIA WAS THE ONLY FAMILY I HAD

>EVEN MY FAMILY DIED BECAUSE OF YOU

Well meme'd me

I was merely pretending to be retarded

We should storytime it anyway. Was a good issue, and now there are better quality pages available.

>not running with both arms behind his back

>Good issue
I'd say it was a rather weak issue. It was basically an entire issue of exposition and set up

And that makes it bad?
>even implying that Eggman master planning is weak
I need you to stop.

No, not pretending. I was just retarded.

I figured so (this is why I said 'I dunno if I should...'), but I had also seen that autism before (in another thread about Mina singing) so this time I had to see if it was really a minahater or just rusing. I'm happy it's the later.

No, just kind of boring to be honest. Second half was better but it was still set up.

But it was hype set up, with Eggman literally masterplanning all over the place.

>It's going to be a tough fight
>It'll be a SLAUGHTER

Hype for Chaotix story post Amy/Knux.

Nah, no reason to do it again.

> no Knux/Amy

I really wish we had people around here who speak moon, because I have a feeling that line makes more sense in the Japanese dub.