/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, land on certain planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

important stuff from the previous thread:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

PREVIOUS THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

inara.cz/galaxy-components
discord.gg/BCzNXeZ
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4q4ykq/darian_vorlick_this_week_will_be_my_last_week_at/d4q90lf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I fly a Type 6 for exploration

i cant find any more imperial shielding. i had 2 for one resistance augmented shield booster but now the vision got me. i dont remember from where those 2 i got before came.

inara.cz/galaxy-components

We're dying

Noooh

We should rest desu, until Braben calls us back with more disappointing content.

chip lunched fig rolls incoming next patch

get hype my dudez

So is this Jacques Station?

If there's one thing to like about this game, it's the Braben Vision meme

So how do I quickly get elite in exploration?
I was heading for a neutron star cluster since that seems like the way but it's thousands of light years away

Yes

Holy shit enhanced thrusters are amazing.

Who is Braben?

Our spiritual liege and visionary.

If you can afford Advanced Discovery Scanner and Detailed Surface Scanner already, fit it to something like Hauler, Cobra or Asp depending on what you've got to spend and D-rate everything except A-rated FSD, maybe downgraded A-shield, and a decent fuel scoop, optionally AFMU just in case since it weighs nothing.

Is there a good way to find unexplored systems to leave my mark in the history of manned space exploration? Do I want to do it in economical route to visit as many system as possible? Do I want to just fuck around some star exploring its neighbours?

HIS ANIME PRINCESSNESS PRAISED BE

You need to go at least 1k ly in some obscure direction, ie not towards galactic centre or towards a nebula.

well I'm a thousand and some light years out now and this is my setup
I just wonder if there's anything less time intensive

I know this is reddit, but I really wanted to preserve this post for the future. If anyone with any taste and interest in game design actually looks at the shit that FTROOP does to its own game, they'd run head-first into an oncoming train.

How to make bad design even worse and less fun at the same time. I mean, seriously.

HEY ASSHOLE.

GET OFF THE PAD IN ROBIGO.

CUNT.

wait is robigo not kill no more

no can do compadre

Yeah Robigo is fine.

It's OK cuntface, I went into Solo anyways.

The fuck were you doin' there for a half hour anyways, jackin' off?

yeah i found a loli thread on /b/ and tabbed out for a while

Ah, gotcha family.

If you want to scan stuff for your exploration rating it'll always be time intensive, but having higher jump range will help you get to neutron star fields a little quicker. Maybe 4D life support too since you won't make it back to a starport in 25 minutes if your canopy cracks anyway.

poast chud culler

I just bought the game, it's quite fun so far, but the flaws are really evident. I just wish the ships were cooler than just, well, blocky little shits.

Damn.
I was hoping I could cheese my rank up with missions or something

Henestly the ship designs are pretty realistic. Extra shinanigens don't give you any advantage on the battlefield

Some of them aren't blocky, but they're all pretty flat. Blame the slots for that.

Asp?

Wait till you get an Anaconda senpai.

WHERE ARE THE MISSIONS ROBIGO?

yep
I used to fly the Dad Mk III until I started trading sanity in during my bulk trading runs
I just wish I had the money for more than one ship

Sothis is pretty much the same right now.

should i get and A rate a Python or finish A rating my Cutter?

Cutter bro. Bask

If you think that Sothis is anything like Robigo then you missed THE Robigo exploit

So they turned down the AI when they removed their super weapons. Did they dial them down again after that? I just got my anaconda its mostly C and B rated and I don't really have much troubles bounty hunting if at all

I did, but I wouldn't have used it anyway.

Any more exploits hiding around? I need that cash

Man that shit was good, used to pull down about 30m an hour. And if the cops got too annoying, I'd pulse down their shields and toss a torpedo or two at them, shit was hilarious

>traveled 1K
>already damaged

Also A-graded life support becomes utterly pointless the moment you move further than 25 minutes away from the nearest port.

But that wasn't it. Exploit was selling slaves to Robigo themselves.
You would pick up all the missions that required you to transfer 100+ slaves, abandon mission and sell slaves for 10000cr a ton, refresh the board and do it until your brain melts

Wouldn't that tank your Imperial rank? And why would I do that when they were paying me in a very nearly 1m/1ton ratio?

Well I am a shitter who runs into stars because I hate paying attention
Maybe I'll enjoy those 25 minutes of time to think about how much I've fucked up

Oh whoops I didn't read the bit about picking up those huge quantity missions. Yeah, I guess I can see how that'd be good since they never seemed to pay well.

No, hilariously the exact opposite. The rep you got from trading 100 slaves to the station covered the rep loss from abandoning the mission and then some.

Just throttle to zero once the carebear stare starts on your friendship drive when jumping. Also the game automatically zeros your throttle if you're alt-tabbed out of the game while coming out of a jump.

New?
Your rank can never decrease. Only your reputation but selling large amounts of slaves increases your reputation.
You have to travel how far and how long for that 1m/ton? That way you just had to refresh the board, sell and get 2~2.5mil every 2-3min.

Huh, how bout that. Well, shame that there wasn't a general when I was actually playing, that would've been nice to know.
Yeah, I meant rep. Oh well.

80s retro aesthetic with some hipster iships thrown in. But the ishit looks good, sounds good and flies good.

The only thing that troubles me is that Imperial stuff is multipurpose and overall rather peaceful. Aren't galactic empires supposed to be super evil and full of backstabbing and murder? Instead it has my beloved anime princess; instead Federation got numerous warships and the prez, whom many here mistakenly take for SpaceTrump, who traded his president spacelimo for two battlecruisers like total warmongering dickhead. And he looks ugly.

Hudson is a faggot and not Trump, let's stay away from stupid feds in our interstellar endeavours and go with Empire/Indie shit.

Also, who's Archon? Some edgy intergalactic metal fan?

Buttplug.

Interestingly some imperial powers (anime princess ) have slave trade banned. Was it introduced as a counter or Robigo was under somebody else?

>Imperial stuff is multipurpose and overall rather peaceful
It's because they're heavily into slave trade but also "combat-capable"

desu senpai all of the imperial ships are perfectly capable in combat

I didn't mean to doubt them. It's just that fed stuff is aggressive, and boxy and looming over you like a piece of stalinist architecture, almost going overboard being war-bent: "dropship, gunship, assault ship, corvette".

>talking shit about muh Conda space dagger
shut up I'm still in love

>those exhausts firing with almost every movement

How can you trade credits and / or materials with other players?

I just started the game and have a bunch of crap to unload.

So on the Python and FDL
Does the FDL's 1 huge hardpoint and 4 Medium hardpoints outperform the Python's 3 large and 2 medium?
I know in the FDL you're going to have a much easier time getting your weapons on target due to higher manoeuvrability and speed plus stronger shields so it's overall a better ship for combat, but which one's weapons have the higher potential for damage output?

The Python has slightly better burst and sustained DPS assuming your can stay on target.

3L+2M > 1H+4M and Class 7 PD > Class 6 PD

Thanks lad

You can't trade credits, but you can meet someone and they can use limpets to grab stuff you dump for them (make sure to 'abandon' cargo or they'll be breaking the law if they take them).

Wowzers, could it really be the Green Scheme That Works? How are enemies and friendlies on the radar?

Is the GET RICH QUICK SLAVES HATE THIS TRICK scheme back too?

Careful if you do it around stations. The antispam system will start popping cans if you drop more than 20.

Welp, we're ded
see you either tomorrow or in a few months

Should I fucking do it?

no

the asp is a really good ship for sothis runs aka easy money

the python is not, as it has shit fsd

Ok, I gutted the ASP and just bought the Python outright. Enough Sothis for tonight.

I kek'd

>scb's now need 20 seconds to boot up before they can be used

welp, i almost learned that the hard way.

When this one dies do you guys just want to retreat to our monoliths and slumber for an age again

I mean seriously the last one died with like 200 posts

I think it's time for us to die again.

>/edg/ dies before we get our faction together

>How are enemies and friendlies on the radar?
I remember, once upon a time in the BETA, FDEV told us that the current hud customization was just a placeholder. That eventually we'd have more fine grained control of the hud elements and could customize our hud without fucking with the radar display.

Then the dads were ecstatic about their rudimentary level of control. I think this was one of the first cases of FDEV letting a feature slide off of their to-do list because the dads were content with mediocrity.

discord.gg/BCzNXeZ

We will rise again, stronger than ever before.

Before we die, anyone wanna come dadslaying with me in Eravate? I'm bringing a kitted out Sidewinder to die in so I can get rid of my bounty.

>dadslaying

That's just another kind of grind man, because it's not like the dads will have anything but stock Sidewinders or Cobras

Ah shit, yer right.

Time to slumber

P-please d-don't kill me i need the dadbra to git better i swear ::((

FALSE VISION: reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4q4ykq/darian_vorlick_this_week_will_be_my_last_week_at/d4q90lf

Let's have a nap, then continue with Elite: Dangerous.
Also, please confirm or deny .

I remember them patching that. Robigo is up but the "get missions sell the slaves" ad nauseum does not work IIRC, just the long range missions.

Ever wondered why Necron Monoliths are called Monoliths when they are pyramid shaped?

What's a good Anaconda weapon setup? I'm done with Sothis and reddit is for fags so I won't be looking there.

lots of turrets

For PvP? Thermal or ammo?

dont be silly, there's no real pvp in this game with the combat logging

also thermal unless you can get thermal rounds for multicannons.

I was hoping to come up against a die hard role player in a Cobra who would rather sacrifice the 3000cr reward cargo he's carrying after 80 jumps than combat log like some sort of teenager.

thats not gonna happen sorry bro

Braben is a retarded fucking cunt.

did you ever wonder why shut up

>Combat log

Reminder: high waking is glorified combat logging.

I am none the wiser.

>try to play nice and pvp with eravate noobs in my sidewinder
>interdick some dadder
>fucker just keeps boosting away because i can't masslock him

OK. YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF CUNTFACE.

>Adder

Who the fuck would fly that piece of shit? Goddamn, I wish FDev gave people a reason to fly the shitty ships in the game. I can't really think of any way to give good incentive to fly them. But then again, if I can't think of something, I doubt the entirety of Fdev would.

I liked my Adder.

There's no reason to use it. Earn just 20 minutes more worth of credits and you can pick up a vastly superior ship. Cobra or Viper. And then it's all downhill from them on.

I remember user said they're going to "fix" high wake

There's really no point at all to it. I went straight from a Sidewinder to a Cobra. Atleast the Hauler has the bonus of being able to be outfitted as an explorer that obsoleted the >ASP in the days before smuggling being profitable.

I liked my Adder better than the Cobra. For me early game ship progression is Sidewinder > Eagle or Adder > Diamondback Scout. The Cobra's hardpoint placement is just too fucking awful for me to even fly the damned thing.