Agnostics...

>Agnostics? The lowest of the lot! They lack the conviction to pick a side! A gentleman such as myself cannot respect these parasites upon the men of fervour who have built society!

t. butthurt fagnost

Are you going to teleport behind and unsheathed your glorious Nippon steel?

i used to be agnostic. it was a phase.

I having nothing against agnostics.

I'm just always confused which God they are 50% certain exists.

>wtf, youre an agnostic?! FUCK YOU! YOU HAVE TO EITHER BE AN ATHEIST OR A DEVOUT DESIT! THERE IS NO INBETWEEN YOU MUST PICK A SIDE ON THIS ISSUE ABOUT ABSTRACT IDEAS THAT HAS LITERALLY NO WAY OF PROVING EITHER SIDE RIGHT OR WRONG1

>A DEVOUT DESIT

Yeah fuck those non-desitists

It's you who seems awfully upset, though.

>agnostic

can you even be, like, "Gnostic"?

Yeah
The final step is deism

Well yes.

The word gnosticism means spiritual knowledge and that is the word agnostic is based on i.e. the position that we don't have any spiritual knowledge.

This is related to, but not the same thing as Gnostic Christianity, that claimed to rely purely on spiritual knowledge.

the final step is pantheism

Oh shit.
That makes more sense now.

i'm about halfway there.

did that already, almost became pagan, maybe i'll go back to pantheism when i convince myself to give up on astrology.

The final step is panentheism

Deism was a fad from the 1700s. Both classical theism and atheism are more coherent

Mary Queen of Scots is a great example of what happens when someone tries a middle ground with religion

>using statistic to define an agnostic.

I don't think that all religious viewpoints are neccesarily conflicted or mutually exclusive.

I'd say you can use ideas from atheism and Christianity to make your own picture. Yes, you can't fully merge them in this case, but you can use ideas from both sides.

This is why I think the argument that "how do you know that your god is the right one" is 100% bullshit.

SewAge gtfo

*shrugs*

I could have simply said "half certain of" if 50% befuzzles you a bit and you think that is "statistics".

Idea of a personal god is rubbish whether it actually chooses to do anything or not.

Why would I make such an important choice without any certainties whatsoever to base it on?
>inb4 pascal's wager
>eclecticism
Good luck, odds are you'll just end up with some sort of nonsensical patchwork.

I don't really see any credibility in existing religions, it just seems like a "god" would be a possible answer as to why the universe exists

I've stumbled into a thread from 2013

>tfw in 20 years Veeky Forums memes will be a valid field of historical research
>screencaps will be discussed on future Veeky Forums

Agnosticism is the only philosophical position that is perfectly rationally justified

>The final step is deism
Kek.

Anyone who uses faith as their argument is utterly fucking retarded. yes this applies to atheists. Agnostics simply do not have faith in anything because there is no real evidence to suggest anything yet.

To say with certainty you know you are right is utterly retarded as there is literally no evidence to suggest anything close to being tangible.

All that there is is speculation and agnostics refuse to speculate as its fucking pointless.

Hmm.
Bait of low quality.

Pax tecum dude.

You're rude.
So are you

>pick a side
Sasuga theist fags. You talk like being an atheist or theist matters when it barely does.

>Anyone who uses faith as their argument is utterly fucking retarded. yes this applies to atheists.
yes in the case of gnostic atheists, which most atheists are not

"Agnosticism" isn't a position in and of itself.
Lacking any positive belief in divinity = atheism.
Ask "do you believe in any gods or god-like entities". If the answer is ANYTHING but "yes" ("I don't know" is not "yes"), you're not a theist.

Most self-proclaimed "agnostics" are agnostic atheists who are just immensely pretentious about it.