/fog/ - Fallout General

Will we ever be able to detect the Synths among out settlers?

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/EEaEc6rW

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/39056/?
open.spotify.com/user/alexdrone/playlist/3c9FgkN6tE6BGqgGlBdyky
sendspace.com/file/qyftue
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>NV
>serious business

1st for best armor

Take the perk that lets you check resistances in VATS

Synths have innate energy resist

Bethesda needs to learn how to gun
Nuka world better add an actual fucking assault rifle!

You both mentioned stealth...Is it really that mandatory?

I was going for a max intelligence build to start with, for those early levels. Is this still good in survival?

Anything is playable

And your a faggot commie

why don't you just use the combat rifle?
it looks just as boring as this lmao

See I really like this armor, but why don't I like or want to accept fallout 4's X-01 power armor?
What in the way it looks, makes it so different to that picture?

What I want: Trauma Harness Power Armor, with the person still trapped inside of it

>tfw finished the main quest and finally got all the Minutemen quests out of my Pip-Boy

I've only got TWO active quests, I don't think that's happened since the very start of the game.

the helmet is not 100% to the original design

its more symmetrical in 4

Max intelligence is always a good choice especially on survival. By default survival mode multiplies the respawn timers by 4~5, so experience is a good bit harder to get. Making the most of what you _do_ get with high INT will help.

>stealth...Is it really that mandatory?
Different user here, but I would say no. Stealth only lasts as long as you are undetected (which is brief) and so once real combat starts those are just wasted perk points. Add to that mines can be found by hitting the VATS button, and I would say that there are much better things to spend perk points on.

>first for playing detective with my whore wife to try to find our missing son

Should I side with the Institute or Brotherhood

nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/39056/?

Minutemen

Because i want an actual fucking assault rifle not a carbine or DMR

Brotherhood 4 lyfe

Its getting old at this point

i would actually use this
is it available yet

Whats getting old?
A lack of an actual assault rifle? Yeah yeah it is

Not as good looking millennium falcons but not bad

What exactly is your problem with the Combat Rifle in full auto? The model has no bearing on its functionality in game. If it's the ammo type (.45 Auto is ridiculous for anything larger than a SMG, sure) then I don't really know what to tell you. 5.56mm is nowhere near as common now as it was in Fo3/FNV, so putting something general-purpose and automatic in that isn't really viable.

Enclave won't even show up, outside of 'one guy or perhaps a small squad ended up in this boat-shaped hell at some point, along with many other people'

People just have a way of ending up on this ship and then never being able to leave and they eventually go insane for reasons that will become abundantly clear when you play it

I tried combining it with the Northern Star mesh, didn't look very good. Also I'd have to snip off all the other crap from the FMS Northern Star ship model and fix up the holes anyways

This mesh I'm doing is just that back half mesh combined with the front half of the Northern Star mesh and then with patched up holes.

Is this the ship you were talking about Trainfag?

You having a period about it on a Cantonese tapestry forum are not going to make bethesda put any new weapons in the game.

If you feel so strongly, get off your ass and make some weapons. Or download one of the numerous AR mods.

ANIMATIONS!!!!!!!!

Brotherhood every time

Also

>New Vegas is serious business hurr its too serious meme

Fuck off, anybody who's been on /fog/ for longer than since 4 came out will know NV is the best modern fallout including 4.

Why are you using 3ds Max 2012? [and how did you get such an old version?[/spoiler] The (official) Bethesda exporting tools only work with the 2013 version afaik. Too bad that when I asked Autodesk about extending my student license to cover that, since it covers 2014-2017 already, they told me to eat shit.

>the average power armor user

/k/fags please leave

>countdown to """"""""fallout NV discussion""""""" arising purely out of interest in NV and not definitely not shitposting

Yeah it is, but also isn't.
The eyes in the original design are more straight instead of being rabbit, or bird like. In fallout 2 they eyes of the helmet pointed at you, now they seem to just point off sideways.
Also the helmet has two riveting line or whatever and they aren't even straight, like the guy putting the helmets together just passed out while welding or whatever. The helmet has a part that is higher then the rest which is really odd.
The neck and chest area seems way way too big and bulky rather then the slim greek/roman armor look where the chest piece follows the muscles of the human body, instead it just sticks out about a foot and has square pex.

Another thing is the hump/collar isn't one piece, and I don't really like it.

>hotrod-shit
fucking please

can't see shit you nigger

Outside of power armor, what the fuck am I supposed to wear for protection? Even in leather armor everything tears through me like wet paper.

>user doesn't like symmetry
Bethesda was otherwise very faithful to the design of the APA in Fallout 4. I don't really know what the problem is tbqh.

Leather is shit.

Wear combat and upgrade it, mix it with a Ballistic Weave undersuit.

Or wear something unique with a nice amount of DR, for example the silver shroud costume.

Institute. The BoS are a bunch of technophiliac faggots.

How much into roleplaying do you get /fog/? How much canon do you have for your vault dweller/chosen one/lone wnaderer/courier/sole survivor?

Someone needs to make this playlist into a radio for Fallout.

open.spotify.com/user/alexdrone/playlist/3c9FgkN6tE6BGqgGlBdyky

armor bikini

the one that the fags on NMA did for tactics was far miles better and more friendly with the power armor frames

here's the model if someone wants to give a try

>sendspace.com/file/qyftue

like this?
Enclave ACPA already has gyros to keep the user standing up in case he falls.

I roleplay I'm someone wandering around Boston, collecting junk to build a settlement with

I was saying the model in 4 was more symmetrical aside from what was saying about the rivets

>we will never get x01/apa helmets that open like this in game

>Muh Ballistic Weave

nice crutch you nigger, I bet you use the cheat mod too

forgot this.
It looks like it is cross eyed, and has Frankenstein stitching, and the chest piece is just too bulky, not slim and muscular looking enough.

I just play like, after finishing all the story missions, after facing so much in the commonwealth that they lost their mind and devolved into an overly powerful crazy raider.

Kinda like how the Courier went crazy in the DUST mod.

Just in time for Nuka World.

Be quiet, autist.

we have assaultron helmets that do this so it should be possible right

It's a cool model, and I hope we get Tactics PA as an Fo4 mod, but that model in particular is useless. It's meant to be turned into a isometric sprite, and the proportions are unrealistic to accommodate for the angle.

Cause I'm too lazy to get a newer version and it's set up just the way I like it. I could go and grab a newer version but ehhhhhh

Doesn't niftools work just fine anyways, not like this is a complex model or anything

See the lines on the helmet just trigger my ADHD or autism or some shit.

I can't see it opening up or having any use like the other pic related. Unless the helmet opens as such, what is the point?

I like the original 2D Fallout games, but I think Fallout 3 is one of the worst games ever made. Should I play New Vegas?

but it can't open up because the helmet doesn't split down the middle any more.

Who cares? The design is like 95% the same as from Fo2/FNV, what does it really matter if the eyes are at 45 degrees instead of 35 degrees? There is much worse shit than that in the game to get upset over.
I love FNV, but the (2nd gen I guess?) version of PA is honestly terrible compared to how it looks now - it is no bigger than a set of combat armor. Bethesda evolved the design rather than starting from scratch (like with APA Mk.2 in Fo3) so I'm totally happy with it.
>inb4 bethesdrone
I totally prefer Obsidian & co.'s writing, devs and games, but this is a case where Bethesda got it right.

New vegas is honestly my favorite game of the series.

I'm always a Mercenary [cause n8 a former military man with weapon experience and has nobody to knock dead at the veteran's hall tonight, hun]. As long as the quest is neutral I will take it, otherwise I do BoS recon quest.

NV is just 3 with better mechanics and more exposition
I thoroughly enjoyed both

Yeah absolutely. Obsidian's made up of former Black Isle employees and it has that good detailed plot and comfortable/sensible world of the first two games.

For anyone wondering which Fallout games to play, see this handy chart.

skip 3 strtaight to New Vegas

spent the last half-hour near Natick Banks ridding the area of about 6 death claws and a Behemoth with the BoS. Anyone else experience this? Im actually kind of exhausted from it lol

>Fallout 2

you did not play fallout 2

dude 90's culture reference! sick!

Nope, there's another mesh, CruiseShipDeck01, it's only got half of itself intact

Any reason why the DC guard helmets are bugged?

Any reason why I shouldn't berry my dick inside Piper's rebel rousing slandering ass?

That's pretty sexy. Where is that?

Is that actually you this time Train? Why don't you have a proper trip?

They were alright.

>rebel rousing

AIDS

Because people can never impersonate me right, duh.
But yeah, this is the mesh in question. I've no idea what it was there for. Maybe the cut Vault 120 underwater quest.

>Brotherhood of Steel spin-off.
It was shit.

lmao the only thing she's roused is McDonut's loins

>implying Fallout Tactics wasn't dope
that combat system gives me shivers, man. I actually think this game was really a nice combination of Fallout! elements and Sick! elements. For all it's goofiness, I thought it was great.

none at all

Or just underwater content in general. Shit like suggests they had shit to do underwater before scrapping it.

Yeah it's really good, and it looks better then the one in fallout 3 by a long shot, and a bit better then fallout NV. but both 4 and NV had this thing where the chest was sort of just a flat box, In my opinion I'd like it if the eyes didn't looks so angled away from each other just so slightly, and the chest had a more round almost bulky muscle like appearance. Maybe because it's a closer step towards the link between human and tank that doesn't involve mutating viruses.

>That's pretty sexy. Where is that?
Itss off the map, you have to disable the borders to reach it.

On the very eastern part of the map, not too far south of fort strong

use noclip to reach the map border, then type tws in the console to disable all the water, you will see it

>settlement happiness been stuck at 87 for 30 mins

green arrow is there, what am I doing wrong lads

needs more doges

> Shit like (You) suggests they had shit to do underwater before scrapping it.
Not really, Bethesda is nototerious for being austitic when it comes to shit like this.

did you know Skyrim has a low res LOD version of White Gold tower that can sometimes be seen from Skyrims southern border on a clear day?

Have to mod the game to have 99 bars and 99 gorrilaz.

your wife wants to have a word with you.

I have about 6 cats

gr8 husbando

Is anyone else wondering if Obsidian is going to fuck around with contraptions and settlement building mechanics in whatever real Fallout game they'll eventually make next?

post screenie, I might be able to assess the situation better.

all power armor is garbage looking in fo3 and nv now

implying there will be one

they didn't release a complete game at their deadline, and had to shove out a game that had 0 performance or stability work on it

i'd be really surprised if Zenimax forgot about that shitshow

Yeah I do, but that's just skybox stuff, you're never supposed to get there, but that ship looks like it has stuff going on there like you're meant to walk around in it.

your not, if you go past the borders you reach it you will find it entirely hollow and the player just moves right through it noclip or not.

she will rip your ass in half with her fist

nice realistic transgirl

Pretty much. Everyone likes working on the game, even spending off-time doing things like that