/aog/ - Attorney Online General

>What is Attorney Online?
It's an virtual chatroom/courtroom mix we use to perform improv AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Logic Battles and more!
Come join us on our server, Attorney Online Vidya!

>The Main Reference Doc (contains downloads, rules, faqs and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

>Role Guides
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Previous case:

Reminder to not reply to this until the other thread is properly archived. Or at least close to being archived. I'll never understand why people make a new thread when we just hit page 10 if it will still live for 40+ minutes.

Saguh.

Shut the fuck up.

>Defending newfags
This board was a mistake

>You tried so hard
>You got so far
>But in the end
no one fucking replied after the new thread was linked and NO ONE IS REPLYING IN HERE ANYWAYS SO IT DIDN'T MAKE A JACK LICKING JILL'S DICK'S DIFFERENCE, BEANER.

He is right though. This "I WANNA MAKE NEW BREAD FOR THE (YOU)S" needs to stop.

soulja boy tellem

I'm sorry but why the fuck does it matter who makes the thread? The old one died already

[The brave detective pulls out his wallet and flips it open, revealing his badge, while he confidently shouts "No tip for fucking up!"]

What kind of respect do you hold for this website? Do you want to pollute the catalog with duplicate threads for 40 minutes?

Do you even know that "sage" was made not to downvote threads, but rather to not bring them to the front page in a form of respect to other users?

Lurk for three months before posting again.

>respecting Veeky Forums

>only 30% of us are still from /v/
Explains the quality of threads

>implying /v/ doesn't diminish quality

That board is cancer, plain and simple.

this desu

Your board is the worst one when it comes to thread quality Veeky Forumsfags.

Even /b/ is better.

our best times were pre-Veeky Forums move though.

/v/ is about organized banter, they are able to do a serious roleplay while inserting some jokes here and there (that Veeky Forumsfags would call "memes") and still keep the serious tone. Most of our first trials were like this and they are still the best up to this date.

I feel like Veeky Forums has way too many kids with short attention span. They can't really take the game seriously, they only want the banter and the jokes.

This is not bait. I speak from experience.

i feel that people are trying too hard to win and trying too hard to recreate classic server moments

people really went along with everything during december/january, but now when people start disliking a case, they start whining and crying both OOC and IC. i've even seen them call the witnesses walls right in their face and start truthfagging to spite them before ragequitting.

>Watching turnabout ferris wheel
>Judge defending the defence attorney

Why do I get the feeling people wouldn't let that slide now.

Yeah this new mentality is awful
Greg would have never gotten away with half the shit he's done if people acted like this back then

>case has literally gone over the span of two days
>the DA is a retard who keeps missing obvious contradictions even with all the witnesses spoonfeeding him and a passive as hell truthfag prosecutor

if turnabout Veeky Forums happened today it'd be killed during building because of meme evidence, or mistrialed because witness 2 left.
the dog and *BLOCKS IT* wasn't the original direction the case would've gone in, but then lupadim powers got on the stand and nobody started complaining.
Then the first witness coming back to the stand, to say that will powers was a human who THOUGHT he was a dog? Shit like that would be met with rage now, calling it railroading.

Real fucking greg-tier cases are a lost art.

>or mistrialed because witness 2 left.
That does not happen. Recesses are called and emegency second witnesses are shilled for.

>muh (You)s

I'm sure it has nothing to do with replacing a dead fucking thread that nobody is gong to post in because /aog/ is lucky to get a post every five minutes and nobody is even going to bother.

/v/ in general was better before Veeky Forums

>People are talking about video games? CONTAINMENT BOARD WHEN?

More like
>can we have a board that's actually for video games so all the shitposters stay in /v/?

Are you retarded?

The /vp/, Veeky Forums, and /vr/ splits are what caused current /v/ to become so low quality in the first place.

Are you literally so new that you don't remember what the board was like before the community split?

The only general that was out of hand on original /v/ was pokemon, and that's only a seasonal thing that gets talked about a lot when a new game is released then dies down a few months later.

vgfags, everyone

Hello, is this the thread where I discuss Attorney Online?

No, this is the salty general. If you want to discuss AO then you download the game and talk about it in the OOC.

>thread is having a quality discussion for the first time in weeks
>"no this is just salt"

I bet a healthy thread is when people are spamming homosexual fanfics like in the last one, right?

Who the fuck said I was talking about this discussion?

How about some mafia tonight?

I don't know what that is, but I'd be willing to try it

I'm game.

You ever play the party game Mafia, or Werewolf? It's basically us just converting it a little so we can play it on AO.

I'm up for it.

Alright, meet me in area 1 in a few minutes.

Here, come and join us!

Seeing AO die this slowly is really sad

We will die to live another day.

I don't think we will ever die. At least not in 5 years. Not kidding, there will always be at least 10 people who will want to case. This game is way too addicting to die.

I do hope though we can sort out our opinions about how cases should be done so this can be enjoyable to everyone.

>5 years

AO dies TONIGHT.

I miss the early days when the ooc was bustling full of people reacting to the case, and how new docs would fill up in a moment, and most would eagerly contribute to casebuilding. People didn't spend time fucking with the doc layout to make their name look cool, or had bloody premade pictures to put there.

I miss all the players that left, who made every case they were in more enjoyable and didn't take things so seriously.

I miss all the cases were everything and everything happened, and people happily rolled with it.

I miss enjoying the cases as much as I used to.

Nope.

This is one of the most active generals by the way.

The DA here. I was indeed retarded, but I put some of the blame on not having any 'true' support to help catch contradictions, give a second point of view, etc. All I see is that I'm better of as a Co while on the defence.

Still doesn't excuse me missing out on contradictions left, right, and center.

>most would eagerly contribute to casebuilding
Sorry but that never happened. I've been here since week 1 and there's always been complaining about how most people just sit and watch the building.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I know certainly that it never took as long to get a case started as it does now. I takes about 2 hours on average to get it started now.

>This is one of the most active generals by the way.

Holy shit this so much

I used to case daily and when I wasn't casing I'd drop into OOC chat because I liked talking with you hopeless fucking nerds. Shit was much better back when OOC would watch a case and people would even, holy shit, post in the thread about wild rides.

Same user. My question is, if we recognize the issue, why can't we just try and case with the old Dec/Jan mentality? The answer for me is that I don't even case anymore. I never thought it'd happen but I've basically died from AOV.

Pretty much all the old people have left at this point, so it's hard for them to have that mentality. Still miss frogpollo. He returned only to leave shortly after.

>Frog will never call you Mister Shields again

It still hurts

Oh, hey, you're the other guy I missed.

Is Names still around?

Working on a new emote, but also made a different hand for the point. This one probably looks more AA like.

Bumping with """""progress"""""

Is that expression new? It looks good

I cannot take credit for someone else's work. I found this when I was searching, and also used part of the hand for the new point. I still have to edit the face though.

Nice
any chance you'll be able to extend the torso so he can be used in places other than the defense bench?

No.

At this point we should just allow ponies to be used in the server right? I'm not a pony fag or anything I'm just saying that since things like Persona, Shitty OC, DR and Inferno Cop go then ponies should go too ya know?

I can try.
Ponies are against the rules, regardless if you notice a problem with or other stuff quality wise feel free to point it out.

How about flipping him then so we can play him as prosecutor?

Not him but that's so easy to do that if he doesn't do it I'll gladly do it. It'll take like 30 seconds.

Can someone post that download to all 4 Ace Attorney roms?

I tried, and it didn't really turn out so well. I'll probably attempt it later, when everything else is done.

Finished.

Arms are kinda weird.

Neck looks way too long.

The mentality of December/January is that nobody quite knew how to play, so there was more experimentation and less tryharding. For example, now nobody is gonna attempt to have a case with three witnesses (and not just for lack of people) or to call up a coroner for testifying, or anything else that is out of current "meta", so to speak. The only way to maybe bring it back would be to kill the server for a month minimum and come back on /v/, but nobody is gonna kill rhinos to save them.

Well 3 wit trials do still happen... from time to time.

Witnesses have gotten so fucking use to our meta we have going on that cases are not "Wild" in a good way anymore. We hate having more than 2 witnesses and most of the time the fomula goes like this:

Detective: Gives facts.
Wit 1: Saw body
--Detective comes back in and presents findings--
Wit 2: Saw murderer, is real murderer.

We've gotten tired of 3rd witnesses so much that we don't even like calling the 1st witness back up most of the time.

I remember when 1st witness wasn't always the same. Remember when a witness neither saw the murder or stumbled on the body? No? Cus it never happens.

There was once a time when 1st witness testified to events surrounding the murder. Or gave testimony to explain defendant's motive in detail.

That shit won't fly anymore because everyone whines about it being a "Waste of time to bother with a witness who didn't see anything."

>There are still people that think you can't have a metagame in a lawyer simulator

If (You) don't actually have anything to say except "lol you guys are wrong" then at least wait until thread reaches page 10 to bump it.

Upper right arm (our left) is WAY too thin. His shoulder/pectoral is also extended in an odd way--try moving the shoulder joint in a bit while adding more thickness to the upper arm.
The left arm shouldn't be curving outward like that. Try following your reference a bit more carefully.

I'm one of those oldfags. Literally every time I try to say this, I get shat on by everyone else.
Or someone greentexts a singular statement made and says "that's not what happens" and then this apparently renders everything else posted irrelevant. Kinda like a defense going THE WITNESS IS LYING, THROW HIM OUT.
Example

And yet /v/ considered you Veeky Forums, think about that for a second.
Then go make a "/v/" case with your 30% and do what you wanted to do with your cases.
It's not gonna go back to that, so you might as well leave.
Unless you're gonna do a well calculated shill in /v/eekends, which I don't even recommend we have for a while, until we've cut down filesize that all the people trying to get into the game complains about

Cases didn't take as long to build is why, and that's because we wanted a lot less detail from a case. There's nothing wrong with more detail, just our formula is longdriven.

so what cases can you say you had fun in/watching recently?

So guys how do we make this game great again, since we obviously cant go back to

Just kill the threads for a month and come back on /v/
We don't have to kill the servers to do that.

>all these people who want change
>but won't do anything about it

Listen, I too want cases to be like fucking Turnabout Veeky Forums, so simply call the shit out of people who make such cases not happen

You keep saying ''people will complain'', well fuck them, tell them to fuck off and try casing the old way anyway.

Pic related pretty much sums it up, stop trying to be so fucking serious with this game.

Can we actually get rise in? Like we're obviously ok with persona and Eliza sucks for witting but I could actually have a few new ideas for a witness with her since new emotes new personality etc. but n the end it's up to the polls

You answered your own question, dude.

Nah dude that was his brother who took over by the end of the post

Cases are currently like this for a reason, it's what has achieved the most success after people have played so many alternatives.

Wit 3 trials don't happen as often because it is more complicated to include them, and cases are long enough as it is.

case

And yet, I personally hold even the worst cases from winter higher than the average case today, simply because of the formulaic nature and inability to stick to it to perfection.

"personally"

Do I agree with every case being the same?

Not really.

Is there a reason it is? Yes.

My thoughts on the matter:

I don't think that it is even possible to build a case like they were used to be built, because nobody remembers how to. So I attempted to lift evidence from an old case doc to retry today. Would anyone be fine with that?
It wasn't that notable a case, but even if you remember it, we still don't have to follow the original one.

I'm not gonna speak for everyone on server, yet there are people in this very thread that share my concerns on the case strictness. And come on, just because there was a reason to pick a template means we should stick with it forever? Good enough is not the way to go.

Did I say we should stick with it forever?

There is nothing stopping you from doing anything on this server.

I am just stating the reasons why we're like this currently. Don't like people being formulaic? Don't be formulaic, it seems other people don't want to either, so go case with them.

To add to the current discussion, I once tried like a month ago to be a first witness who neither found the body nor saw the murder.

My testimony was all about the opportunity and means. I had two contradictions that cast doubt on the defendant having the murder weapon and being on the scene at the time of the murder.

Both were too hard for the defense to grasp, apparently.

The reason cases are formulaic is simple: Because all the players on the server are retarded (yes, this includes me.) and the witnesses want to testify.

We have retard defenses, retard prosecutions, retarded judges, and retarded witness. All of which want the trial to go well, so we stick to a formula that's proven to work most of the time and keep the flow of the case going..

The detective gives the facts because their role is giving the facts. We have detective requests because AO lacks an investigation phase. It is not the detective's fault most players are not creative in their requests (or request asspulls to prove their half baked theories correct.)

Guess what, the majority of first witnesses find the body because that's the easiest way to cast doubt or implicate a third party.

The majority of second witnesses see the murder themselves because it is the easiest way to not be a repeat of the first witness and gives the defense a chance to indict them.

But then what's the fun in cases if you know exactly how things are going to fucking go?!

There used to be surprise in "Who dunnit" in AO. Nowadays we all pretty much know wit 2 did it and we move on.

>always play wit 1 with the potential of being indicted
>never get indicted

tfw

We are casing alright, the problem is that people just want to win instead of having a good ride

All prosecutors that complain about how people give too many chances to the defense because "hurr defense must win" are proof of this, they for some reason think this is a PvP competition between defense and prosecution. Bite me in the ass if you want but if the defense winning will be more fun and make people more likely to feel like the 5 hours they invested in the case were worth it then so be it. The opposite is also true albeit rarely.

Same deal. When I wit 1 i always set up a possibility of being the true killer.

Well it's just like in the fucking games, innit? It's not about knowing who did it, it's about proving they did.

When I complain about the defense getting too many chances, I refer to the fact that they did something stupid and didn't get penalized.
The penalty bar exists for a reason, i'm saying the judge shouldn't be afraid to tell the defense to try again and give them a penalty.

There's a certain level of quotient required of both witness and defense, where if the defense fails to get the thumb out of their ass, or if the witness happens to be an absolute chucklefuck, the judge or prosecution shouldn't go "well that's okay let's just give you this spoon full of food"

Not saying "Prosecution should win", but if parts of the machine are broken the rest will fucking fall apart moments after.

It's a case-by-case basis, of course, but sometimes there's just no salvaging idiocy.

Whereas, if the judge or prosecution are dumbshits, the case is basically either going to go for a 'yuh uh' vs 'nuh uh', or a stupid verdict/biased/side-taking judge.

>It's always wit 2
But that's wrong

No, I've seen enough prosecutors walling when the defense finds an objection and literally telling the witness who is trying to explain it with new information and progress the case "SHUT THE FUCK UP WITNESS I CAN HANDLE THIS". Then they get mad when the witness speaks anyway because "defense must always win", and this happens way too often.