/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #9 - BIRD PUSSY Edition

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD

More Zelda 1? Check Zelda Classic's romhacks:
zeldaclassic.com/

>News/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qPqB2Hrj8mI
youtu.be/YrpWBgB6oz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What would /lozg/ do if they had creative of the next Zelda game, assuming BotW didn't satisfy some of your mechanic-related must haves? Also the 3D zeldas could show a bit more love to past 2d titles. A 3D Zelda chock-full of 2DZ references (good ones) would be seriously comfy.

A simplistic idea but I would have an increase in the total mask number from what it was in MM. Or Runes if masks aren't your cup of tea.
The cool part however; is that I would also introduce the "Face Sword/Rune Sword/insert concept here". This guy would also double as the classic companion character. A sword that has a blank face on its guard that the various masks/runes in the game could be equipped to, giving it various powers and puzzle solving utilities. The game would be gloriously difficult in places where you had to nimbly switch between masks/runes both on Link and the sword in a very short span of time to use the very subtle effects each variety imparts in a given situation.
>One mask/rune to raise a cube of earth from the ground, then a fire mask/rune to strike only the left side of that cube (aim carefully), a time-slow mask/rune on Link so you can run to the other side before the fire runs out, and put the bunny hood/speed rune on the sword whose now-fast thrusts are the only thing that can hit every puzzle slot in time.
Have enemies in certain challenge modes/areas require things like this as well.
1/3

Please no.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

>BIRD PUSSY Edition
you fucked it up user.

The best part; not only would you have unique masks/runes (you get the idea) different from MM (bring back the old must-haves of course) you'd also get to actually place the masks on your SWORD at the same time, granting you elemental transformations, puzzle-solving utilities, and other abstract stuff. Maybe replace the Ocarina by having a legendary "Bard Mask/RUNE" that you must aquire that you then place on your sword to gain the song making mechanic. Put it on Link to -learn- the various songs throughout the game. Put it on the sword to -play- the songs. You can even use 2 masks at once by equiping one on Link, one on the sword. Best part is that the Transformation masks (of which I'm thinking 5 instead of 3) will change the instrument depending on the race.
Heck even have the minor masks add these purely aesthetic aesthetic -slight- musical/visual alterations (or even with a tiny puzzle solving potential) to the base instrument. I also have an idea for another mask category other than transformation. 'Summon Masks'. The only one of which I have thought up is Midna's Fused Shadow. Putting it on summons Imp Midna. Put it on the sword; True Midna. Midna + Bard-Sword would even give her a Twili instrument to play instead of you.
This would be how the optional pick-a-companion thing some people are clamoring for would operate. Tons of waifu potential, had idea for a mechanic grill that would use a bunch of gadgets including a mortar to rain hell from, the back while you charge the front. Pretty much pic related.
2/3

Could you stop posting this?

It's honestly pretty bad as an idea that only copies a mechanic already done and kills it entirely. Plus if what you want is for people to validate your idea, posting it on Veeky Forums won't yield good results.

Give it a try on reddit or something

Each summon character, lets use Midna as an example, would have two modes: contextual and companion (mask on Link and Sword respectively). Midna in Imp from would do her action like playing a Twili instrument among others then go away. Putting a Summon mask on Face would bring True Midna with dual Twili scimitars or some shit and would follow you "Hey I'll carry yo shit" style. May or may not deprive you of your sword, dunno.
There would be two special masks; one would be the Bard Mask and, surprise surprise, Majoras Mask. I plan on having Fierce Diety be the antag so a fun little gimmick in having the final mask you collect be obtained in the same way you got FD in MM would be kickass. You know everyone and their grandma wondered what it'd be like for Link to don Majoras Mask so now they can. It'd be limited where you could put it on but just boss battles was kinda gay so it could have rare uses in the creme-de-la-creme of sidequests, challange modes and puzzles.
3/3

What about Mischievous Edition next time?

What about farm girls edition next time?

>Get Ravio from Lorule please.
He'd last five minutes tops before making a quick egress to the next parallel dimension. Ravio's adventures in Termina when.

Guys

Guys

Where is tall Midna's left hand?

Even she has an appreciation for imp ass

Gameplay discussion>lorefag discussion
At least he's asking for input and taking criticism.

Farm girls you say?

Look again dumbo, they're both on her face

Aw fuck disregard that. I saw part of her outfit and thought it was her arm. Damn it.

Fucking Midna-induced boners blinding me

It's by her face user.
A neat idea, but I don't think it would personally fit very well in Zelda, at least not on a well enough level knowing Aonuma and the team.

Not that shitter. More like these two

yeah. I noticed that. Can you blame me? Both forms of Midna are very distracting.

>reddit
I'll never
Face/Rune Sword is modular and has tons of potential. in my obviously biased opinon

Maybe that "face" shit could be called the sword of souls or something, give it a good name, christ
you know, because the masks are souls

>sword of souls

You made things worse.

Hey, he's following in Grandpa Time/Shade's footsteps, don't hate.
No, I can't, though I much prefer normal Midna than imp Midna in terms of fucking, but both are fantastic.

Discussing the gameplay of an """""idea""""" that at this point is old in these threads makes little sense. Specially when this """"idea"""" will only ever become real if the poster gets off his ass and makes a half-assed indie game.

It's a pretty bad idea and posting it every time we start a thread is stupid. Seriously, if you're so desperately in need of validation, there's a lot of places where this, which is on the level of bad fanfic, could be more acceptable to see.

remember, those aren't bird feet, they are boots and pants

I hated your idea before but "Runes" are a decent compromise for BotW.
Or this.

NON CANON
O
N

C
A
N
O
N

>sword of souls
Too Soulsborne
How about Mask Sword?

You're allowed to introduce other Link to BotW that is story-based as opposed to Wolf Link/Amiibo based.

Which Link do you choose?

SS Link
MC/FS Link
Oot/MM Hero of Time/Hero's Shade
ALttP/OoA/OoS/LA Link
ALBW/TH Link
LoZ/AoL Link
TP Link
FSA Link
WW/PH Link
ST Link

Note they may end up like the Hero of Time/Hero's Shade, maybe better off, maybe worse. Which do you pick, why, and how would they contribute to the story/gameplay?

ME TOO

Better

Whatever that is, it is not Fi.

She's a slender girl, petite even.

I really hope this >thicc meme bullshit ends soon

>posting the altered version
my nigga

Does anyone have the picture of Princess Midna holding a petulant wolf puppy Link?

>any year
>not liking girls that have a little meat on them

BROADSWORDS, user

I'm not looking for validation but I'll agree that firstposting my pasta again is obnoxious, so I'll stop.
You might be right. Having just masks with essentially doubled use isn't a stretch for them. (none of that: use it once for a quest then done malarkey)
Remove some of that complex "Mask interplay" stuff I outline and it's barebones enough to seem feasible.

>>not liking girls that have a little meat on them
I like that, however what people pass for "a little meat" nowadays goes well beyond that and into "disgustingly obesse" shit.

Blah blah ultragreatsword blah blah Fi straight sword, fuck you

I like it

You realize I'm going to keep posting every time I get a rise out of you, right?

Besides, there's a difference between having a huge gut and having huge hips and tiddies

Best emulator on PC to play the Oracle games?

While true, I feel as though they would relocate some of that to amiibo in a way. Like "you can summon, blah blah blah like Wolf Link, but amiibo only" Ya know?

I think it could definitely work in theory. It would have to be a bit subdued and probably work a little bit more like Materia mixed with the Mask System if you will. It could work, but you might run into the problem of "X dungeon is made for X and Y runes/masks" that MM largely has a problem with.

I've always just used VisualBoyAdvance, never had a problem out of it whatsoever.

Thicc is not hot, it's just fat. Also that is not even Fi.

>human eyes
>no cross pattern for legwear
>boobwindow
I could go on but you get the idea.

MOAR WOLF LINK

EYES
EYES
EYES

So every video I've seen involving the guardians, I've noticed how the player always runs in and then it activates. Would that mean that they are triggered by the amount of noise you make? and would you be able to sneak right by them if that is the case?

Hero of Twilight, if anybody is becoming another Hero's Shade, it's him.

I really want a game where he goes off to try and find a way to restore the Mirror just to see Midna again like how the Hero of Time went off to find Navi.

I think that concept could fit well enough story-wise, that he's willing to try and screw with time and technology to see her one last time and he can pass on the Hidden Skills he learned.

Seriously, dude, nobody else here is into your obesity fetish. Take it to /d/.

>We have two Wii U emulators going strong
>Still a year and a half until BotW
Dev. Dev like the wind!

youtu.be/qPqB2Hrj8mI

They are, Bill Trinnen was playing once and actively sneaked around or climbed a wall, I forget which to try and avoid them.

Having the masks have an ever-present minor effect (raise a cube of earth, time stop, ect) in addition to their sidequest completing function would solve that I think.

>>We have two Wii U emulators going strong

CEMU and? I felt like playing TP and if I can emulate the HD remaster the better.

Also even if the game is playable by the time it's released, I'll still buy it, because so far the game deserves to be bought

I'll be back!

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME!

It could work from that point yeah. It'd be very similar to the Sheikah Slate, just with Mask benefits instead.

decaf. Thing I linked.

Oh shit really? I can't believe I missed that. Thanks user, I'll try to look for that footage.

Seriously, I'd have just jumped in after her

She has a duty to her people so she had to leave, but what does Link have? A handful of friends at home and no serious commitments or obligations

>Hero of Twilight
Matpat pls, he is never called by that
I swear to Hylia if anyone calls the Royal Engineer "hero of trains" again I'll scream

Wolf Link should be a follower in literally all Zelda games from now on. I am so happy.

Is Majora the mask itself? I haven't actually played MM.

I think my favorite thing about Legend of Zelda games is how simple the plot always turns out to be. Each game has its own story but the whole basis is straight Campbellian "Wake up, save the girl."

Is the WW Link/King of red lions/Tetra/Medli DLC available on the Wii U?

I don't have anything to say, but I wanna share this here music with you friends cause I likes it and I likes you.

youtu.be/YrpWBgB6oz8

>TP link should be imprisoned as a wolf for all eternity and help out his other incarnations because it makes me happy

How cute.

Majora is the spirit within the mask. Or the spirit of the mask, or something like that you kjnow

Yeah, it might be proximity based, and I don't remember the exact video though sorry.
I guess he chose to stay for the sake of Hyrule. Child Timeline is depressing. We have one Link who got sent back from his dream of being a Hero only to become a bitter old dying fuck as he got older, one who stays behind just for the sake of his country despite everything being safe, and the other Link...well FSA Link is generally fine.
S-sorry user, it's just fitting I find. I've given names to all of the Links like that, and no I don't call ST Link Hero of Trains, I call him the Hero of Spirits/Ghosts...i-is that better? ;_;

Also, yeah. If the game is playable through emulator, I'll likely buy it. I want the game. I just don't have any interest in the hardware.

>Not wanting to go on an epic quest with dog

My favorite part of this is the Bard Mask (has a nice Veeky Forums ring to it) and how it works with sword. Centered around it really.I like the thought of having more than 3 transformation masks and therefore more than 4 instruments.

I'll buy a NX assuming it isn't some gimmicky underpowered as fuck piece of shit

Ah, not doing anything anyways

Thanks mate, I love this kind of stuff

>dog

HE'S A FUCKING WOLF GODDAMN IT

You mean aiding his descendants when all of Hyrule is in need and ensuring their success and hanging out doing whatever the fuck else in the off-season?

Can you though, I recall GCN/Wii TP having massive problems one you got to Faron Woods/Hyrule Field without plugins and shit, HD seems like it'd have some problems too.
Would they actually be different instruments with different functions or just like MM where it's still the Ocarina they just look and sound different really.

You now realize the straw that broke the Hero of Time's back was Epona.

>The Kokiri no longer exist in the child timeline for whatever reason (meaning Saria is either dead or no longer herself as the Ancient Sage)
>Navi is gone for good and he never found her
>Zelda had Royal Duties and didn't care really
>Darunia and Ruto and he never became friends in that timeline since he was sent back before obtaining those so he could stop Ganondorf and even then they would have the same issues with Saria by being Sages
>Horses/Epona can only live so long

HE'S A GODDAMN ADORABLE PUPPER IS WHAT HE IS

How intelligent is Wolf Link supposed to be? I figured he had all of his human intelligence with extra instincts and a new body. But the way Aonouma described him in the BotW interview made him sound like almost entirely animal. I'm mostly unsettled with the hero of another game getting called a 'pet'

why so small

Well in MM certain s required a specific instrument be played but I imagine that could be expanded upon a tiny bit. help me out; drawing a blank here

He's intelligent in TP. Him in BotW is just a nice little feature, it's not meant to actually be TP Link.

*certain situations required

Am I the only one bothered by this blue tunic bullshit? I understand the idea of not having the iconic green tunic right from the start since there's gonna be different armor upgrades and shit, but come on. ALL of the merch and art so far has ALL been this dumb blue shirt.
It just ain't right.

Do it like the Wind Waker and Ocarina.

Each instrument has a specific function differential of each other that can be used for puzzles or individual areas. One for instance may freeze water, another may harden magma/lava. Both could be used in congruence puzzle wise for an extended experience and a Bard Mask for instance could potentially summon all the instruments to be played in a quick specific order for puzzles.

Magic Horse?

Are you serious?

Nobody at E3 was scanning creatures using the gamepad? Why?

I think I remember seeing someone scan a Keese but can't seem to find it now.

Nah, i'm completely fine with it. I mean it'll definitely be in the game so what's to worry about? If they completely removed it or didn't add it to the game, then that's something to complain about.

We'll probably get the green tunic after the first dungeon honestly or right before it like TP, but it's stats being worse than say armor, but better than some cloth.

There is an outfit in the game that looks blue-green that is sort of similar to the Green Tunic in an odd way. Honestly I'm not bothered by it, I loved the Magic Armor in TP and have wanted actual armor in Zelda over the tunic for awhile now, so I'm glad I can switch it up for once. I like the Green Tunic, but I haven't really used it since I got the OoT Fire Tunic outside of WW/SS obviously.

No user, Epona dies eventually and he carries on the naming convention to his descendants in her memory.

Everything dies user...and everything breaks down eventually, even you, the Hero.

>Hero of Spirits
My autism is ok with that
>Train captcha

I'm fine with the blue tunic because it looks an awful lot like WW Link's starting outfit, which would mean NG+ WW is canon and Link's pajamas become the new hero's tunic after he saves Hyrule

It is practically guaranteed that something ingame will resemble the green tunic, though. It's just too iconic.

I like. They d to be kept rarer than using the mask and runes because, remember, you have to play the songs manually everytime and oversaturating puzzles and dungeons/overworld with it will kill the pacing.

For LA I assume the best version is the GBC one right?

The captcha is telling us something user.

*They need to
Fucking phone

That is true, they'd only be used for say getting to the dungeon or a room in the dungeon. It got old in Stone Tower playing the Elegy of Emptiness. So think of like using the Wind Waker to get to Forbidden Woods.

Only one I've ever played.

I would buy it.

HUEEY

Has anyone have any videos of people collecting bird meat? Is it normal birds or bigger pheasant like?

Has anyone shot a squirrel yet?

What about the Eagles?

Delete this