/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/G62kmvSd
>3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki ++ !! READ THIS !! ++
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint.
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 may get released soon. Make sure to block updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272976-mega-jsnowden-usa-rf-ad-free-updated-5-15-16-a.html
smealum.github.io/3ds/32c3/#/85
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dont know if this is the right place to ask.
My 3ds wifi switch hasnt been working properly in the last 6 months. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. For the past 3 months its been fine and it hasnt been working properly all of a sudden.

I already opened it up previously to reattach the wifi shit but that didnt do much. I know the wifi button is working because everytime i flick it up the icon bounces. Right now the wifi stays on for long periods and turns off for long periods with no way to turn it off/on. Any tips here?

>Dont know if this is the right place to ask.
It isn't

My bad user, i cant access my menuhax without it(was going to install it today).

I haven't updated my 3ds cfw since january and I used the browser exploit to launch into the updated emunand to play .cia games. My sysnand is still 9.2, but I never setup it booting directly into emunand or menuhax/CTRbootmanager etc. I read the thread in the pastebin about updating from rxtools but it requires me to be booting directly into one of those. I tried CTRbootmanager but the 3ds boots normally even after configuring the boot.cfg.

How do I make it boot directly into menuhax? I'm attempting to upgrade to Luma3ds.

This is a nice, well aged meme

How can I convert .3ds files to .cia files? I grabbed a Kirby Planet Robobot rom from some dude's google drive on 3dsiso but it was a .3ds file instead of a .cia. The other uploaders have some ad shit that fuck up my browser.

I know that homebrewing and emulators are very unlikely to brick a 3DS. Is it the same for pirating 3DS games, or is it fairly risky?

Follow the A9LH guide completely and you won't brick.

Just don't be retarded.

I was following Plailects guide and I got to Section II of Part 5.

When I went to the site to load the .bin file the bottom screen glitched out and stayed like that for a while. I turned the system off thinking I could try again but now it doesnt boot at all with the SD Card out and I only get a black screen with it in. What can I do?

no meme. do i have to do the tinyformat steps to create a new rednand? isn't that the same as the gateway nand I did in january when I created and updated the emunand separately?

Cool, I was just a tad worried that there was a chance it would brick even if you don't fuck anything up, just a really small chance.

idk but here is kirby in cia file.

mega:///#!8FlTWa5J!XCK_ojLc8ZDiqlTr8VbjuAb611dLwpWr6Q3V6WkpK1I

Hey, I just got a Wii U with a 32gb SD card. Is it possible to install games (games that you bought) from the eShop on the SD card or only HDD?

>just got a court summons in the mail from Nintendo
It's all over lads.

Pics or it didn't happen.

It seems like 3DS hacking is constantly evolving and being updated. This guide is 100% up to date, right? I find that Veeky Forums guides are very often slightly outdated.

PLAILECT

Yeah, it's up to date.

the guide in the OP (plailect) is absolutely up to date. youd be surprised how often and quickly that guide is kept updated.

Anyone?

>tfw im afraid to bring my 3ds to canada because i might get arrested at airport

>There is a New 3DS only exploit that works on 9.6, but it requires extra hardware.
What exactly is that extra hardware needed?

The Plailect guide is constantly updated to the point some people here have actually had the thing updated while they were in the middle of it.

is there a list of firmwares according to retail product (there was one for PS3) ?

I'll be buying a 2DS and need to know if it has a low enough firmware before buying it

I don't have such a list but when getting a 2DS, you're gonna be fine.
You'd have to worry when getting an n3DS.

What do you guys think the recommend size of an SD card is for 3DS piracy?

I remember Donkey Kong Country Returns taking up a full GB of space on my XL's hard drive when Nintendo gave me a free copy of it.

Are pirated games done in a way that make them similar sizes, or could I easily pirate a handful of games with a simple 2GB SD card?

I have about 8-9 2 GB ones laying around in my house but if these games are large I might just buy an 8-16 one. I'd expect to download at least 5-6 games on it in the next couple of months.

>Are pirated games done in a way that make them similar sizes, or could I easily pirate a handful of games with a simple 2GB SD card?

Actually pirated games are basically streamed off of nintendo servers using only the ticket, which is a super small file with some attributes and keys and things. So realistically speaking you'll never need more than a 2gb sd card unless you plan on trying to download the whole library or something

16GB is sufficient. Everything above 32GB is unnecessary.
But if you actually want to play games, get an 8GB card so you don't start to hoard games.

If I'm running 10.7 with A9LH and Luma, is it safe to update? Any reason why I shouldn't?

anybody got the latest BootNTR cia? all the versions im finding are old as fuck and end up with "unknown version" error and starts dumping memory

get 32gb and you'll never worry about space, 16gb is fine

its safe to update.

not sure if I trust random anons tbqh

wait am i supposed to do the github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade) first?

can you pirate DLC and virtual console games (and other downloadables from the Nintendo shop) ?

Has 11.0 downgrade officially entered NEVER EVER status?

11.0 downgrading was never impossible.

It can be downgraded with hardmods so not yet

not really since you can use pic related

ok then dont download it. im trying to help you but whatever

What is the size of the average game? Are they around 1GB or are they actually bigger than that?

If you've got a source for that link (unless it's yours or something) I'll download it but I'd much rather figure out how to convert 3ds files to cia files.

Fine, I'll download it. Beggers can't be choosers I suppose.

Thanks bud

It varies a lot to give an average size, just get a 16gb or a 32gb card and you won't have to worry about it much

Probably dumb question but is there like...a ds rom injection in 3ds roms?

nope, even the ds games they rereleased for 3ds like warioware touched don't work like VC

there look for yourself.

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272976-mega-jsnowden-usa-rf-ad-free-updated-5-15-16-a.html

Yeah, I'll probably go out and pick up a 16 GB tommorow. It's not too big of a deal because I wasn't even planning on playing anything tonight if I did do it.

Everything I've read says its pretty easy but I haven't seen a single mention on how lengthy the process is though. Does it take a couple of hours to set everything up, or can it be done in about an hour?

pls respond

last one was preview 2 i want the nest one to come out will full fps streaming

o-oh
damn, I feel like an ass now. Sorry about the paranoia, anons.

how do i boot into emunand if i used to use launch.rxtools to boot into it?

>I'd much rather figure out how to convert 3ds files to cia files
Please don't use the simple 3DS to cia converter. That tampers with the cia, making them region-free.
It's a horrid idea to do that because fan patches usually need a clean cia (like Taiko no Tatsujin 3 needs).

It takes a few hours to do everything, it really depends how much trouble you get into, but as long as you follow the guide swiftly and correctly it shouldn't take too long at all, its well worth the time.

Guess I won't then. I was just being a bit suspicious.

>do plailect's guide few weeks ago
>now so outdated I have to update a9lh v1 to v2
>have to get DSPdump because it wasn't there before and I need this shit for CHMM
>screeninit/noscreeninit
> aeskeydb.bin instead of keeping 10 thousand slot0x??key?.bins

FUCK YOOUU PLAILECT

>image.jpg
everything explained immediately

I know what you're thinking, but I manually switch the name so I don't get tracked by the NSA parsing the archives.

Going on the eShop only deletes pirated DLC, correct?

no

debatable

On your SD, do you have the OTP.bin file? If so, a9lh probably got installed and you can keep going on with the guide.

You're likely booting to a black screen with your SD card in because Luma can't boot 2.10, and not booting at all because a9lh doesn't work without the SD.

It didn't for me. I've heard it's happened to people, and I've heard it doesn't happen to people.

However, for the people who've had their pirated DLC deleted, all of them have said they were able to re-install their DLC with no issue.

pls respond. do i have to do part 4 downgrade?

What I hear is that Nintendo only deletes DLCs that you don't own if you have bought some for the game (e.g. you bought Cloud but downloaded all the other characters).
But I don't know how true that is.
But nothing that a reinstallation couldn't fix.

Yeahh I've already resolved it. I didn't get any screen asking to install a9lh so I freaked out a bit.

Don't listen to these idiots
Some games like theathyrthm have DLC saves, so if you go to the eshop say byebye to your save. Always make a backup before, because YOU WILL LOSE it.

how the fuck did you even find this?

cdn skimmer, nothing new and nothing useful

test

Oh I see, thank you user

When people say to downgrade to 9.2, this works for upgrading as well right? If I have an old 3DS with 6.0 I could use the same method and it would bring me up to 9.2, or do I have to do something completely different?

You have to do this wonderful thing called reading the fucking guide just like everybody else

16GB isn't worth it with the updates and DLC the game you may or may not have, and then there's your legit side if you plan on still supporting stuff as well. 32GB should be more than enough, and 64GB is golden, but 16GB is not worth it, take it from me.

>encTitleKeysUpdater by MatMaf says my bin isn't updated because it contains 2996 keys
>encTitleKeysUpdater by Wolvan says my bin is up to date since it contains 2997 keys

So which is it?

What about 128gb? I heard people saying it was slow but I think they are either biased/bullshitting.

Decrypt your encTitleKeys and start counting.

>So which is it?
Autism. It's autism.

>Using updaters
Those fucks use filesize to check how "updated" it is.

So the best way to remain updated is just downloading from 3ds.titlekeys.com? That is slightly inconvenient.

128GB would be way more than enough which is why I said 64GB was golden. The chance of you downloading that many games even with the future in mind is impossible unless you put every game you own onto the system instead of your cart, every decent game, and a bunch of games you barely care about as well. Like, even if you data hoard it's tough to hit that much.

Money isn't an issue.
Time however is. It takes a very long time to just install one game on n3ds, be it by QR or even using FTP.

It's going to take a long time to install a game regardless of your SD card.

Yes but my point was, the more games you can fit on your SD card, the less the need to remove/install games because you're out of space. So in the end you save time. The 3DS has a big library of good games and that's not counting GBA/SNES/other platforms.

it also has a title limit of 300

Well like I said, the chance of you managing to fill up 64GB is pretty low in the first place even with the most reputable games, DLC, patches, and foreign games on top of VC stuff, but if money is no issue then sure, go for 128, I just don't think you'd really use it.

>I know that homebrewing and emulators are very unlikely to brick a 3DS.
Son unlikely that it is, in fact, completely impossible.
Downgrading your system could brick your system but if you set everything up correctly, the chances of bricking are very slim.

Take the .3ds file, decrypt it using Decrypt9, convert it using 3dsconv.py.

A circuit board and a homemade cartridge
smealum.github.io/3ds/32c3/#/85

I'm at Part 4, Section 2, Number 4. The problem is I need to backup EmuNAND to continue, but my SD card is only 4GB, and thus not big enough to do that (as far as I can tell).

SO, what I WANT to do is transfer all this hack-y shit onto my 16GB card. HOWEVER, the only way I've been told to do it is to backup EmuNAND and move it- which is the entire problem to begin with and obviously something I cannot to. Not to mention, wouldn't doing that and formatting the 16GB SD just make it function as a 4GB anyway??

I am on my hands and knees begging for help here. I've followed the guide fine up until now- if I could just get everything I've done onto my bigger SD, everything would be fine.

Backup Emunand on your PC using Emunand Tool.

Wolvan's downloads from the titlekey website, take a guess

This is what you need to do:
Open EmuNAND9
Select SD format options, then format SD (emuNAND default)
Enter the key combo, then switch SD card to your 16GB.
Drag & drop all the files from your 4GB to your 16GB.

I forgot about NTRcardhax. Thanks for reminding me.
Once I have the time, I might do that.
Just for the novelty and fun.
Doing things the hard way is funnier than just following a guide. Even monkeys can do that.

>Even monkeys can do that.
Not gatewait fags

is it possible to uninstall games through fbi?

so i used to use rxtools from january and i can boot into my emunand using browser/sliderhax now. the 1st time it worked it boot into the luma3ds configuration page, but now when I use sliderhax to enter the emunand I can't get the luma3ds config page to open. also my homebrew launcher doesn't work. do i have to format for the a9lh loader and shit?

my old installed .cia games work again