/owg/ Overwatch General

Me ooga team booga edition

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>The Oversheet (Damage values and other numbers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Stats and Leaderboards (Unofficial)
masteroverwatch.com

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745725617?page=1
masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/LiNkzr-2434
youtube.com/watch?v=eBhh23-paLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>join a ranked match
>dipshit still visibly angry from the last match and pre-bitching at us before we've done anything
>wasn't even about team comp, he was whining that people don't know how to stand behind his shield
>after doing jack shit on reinhardt he switches to winston
>they didn't have a widow or anything winston counters
>they did have a reaper though
>moron spends the rest of the game being an ult battery for reaper
>lose
>round 2 same shit
>switches from winston to rein even though they have a bastion
>his shield breaks instantly every time
>win round 2 anyway because the enemy team fucked up at the last possible second
>win the coin flip and the match
>he'll continue on thinking he was useful in any way

every thread

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745725617?page=1

Help fight for equal rights in Warcraft please.

Remainder that seagull is the best player in overwatch

>dipshit still visibly angry from the last match and pre-bitching at us before we've done anything
I love when people do this. It's so considerate of them to tell their team beforehand, "Hey, I'm going to be a useless piece of shit and bitch about you guys all game until we lose."

Easiest leaves of my life.

>change sensitivity to be lower, something i've never done before
>suddenly hitting shots with mccree and headshots with widow I've never been able to

I wonder how long until the placebo wears off.

>tfw somebody on your team chooses hanzo/genji and you just know you're gonna lose

>MERCY ULT STILL HASN'T BEEN NERFED

who /ranked/ here?

finally no more hanzo/widow/genji shitters and instead proper team comps

it's great.

How do we fix Overtime in Ranked /owg/? Can it be fixed? How many seasons till Rank gets to the point where everyone is happy and it's a great mode for all?

People keep telling me D.va is one of the biggest bastion counters
how?
Sure you have your shield but you can't do shit with it, all you can do is maybe get close to him and then get decimated.
Your damage is laughable compared to bastion and your oversized critbox makes him kill you in a split second while he brushes off yours even in close range.

Maybe your ult could work but even then the bastion has usually a good second or two to move somewhere, and d.va ult is way too slow to use it as a counter reliably.
They swear by their lives and call me a moron for saying others are a much better choice.

Is it just me, or do the competitive mode servers have a much better tickrate?

Setting it lower is what most of the "pros" suggest people do so it might just be a good idea to stick with it. I think a common measurement I've heard is 10 inches per 360.

masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/LiNkzr-2434
hey

Your team was actually booga.

>didn't even attempt to switch to pistol

>Playing solo, go 3-0, go against and smash level58's
>ez 60 here I come
>Friends want to play with me
>Sure, why not
>Lose next 7 in a row
>Getting 2-3 golds every game
>Kept losing, and I was in too deep to ditch them
>Placed at 49
>Play 3 games solo, get to 52

a-atleast you guys read my blog post...

She's not.

She's pretty good for assisting a teammate to kill him though since he can't break her matrix.

time bank for payloads will fix some of that
change it so it only starts to refill overtime instead of instantly refilling it

top 40 for zarya op

>Bandit Reaper skin

>Abidas tracksuit outfit with a pair of white nikes, ski mask and wearing a white hood
>Reloading spews out some voicelines like, Oi nuu, nu tipa, ect
>Shadow form and E voicelines replaced with more bandit voices. zahodi sboku zahodi, ect
>HE ULTS AND SCREAMS OUT AH, SHYA MI WAM ARATI NIDALENIJINI, ANUU CHIKI BRIKI IV DAMKE
>Emotes are Squatting, Squatting with shotguns pointed somewhere, Drunk and passed out
>and Intro of him drinking a bottle of vodka and throwing it at the camera with bandit radio playing

Every game would be HYPE as FUCK
youtube.com/watch?v=eBhh23-paLU

How do you nerf it? Lower ult charge rate?

She's not.
She isn't at all. These shitters saying "just use your E and fly up to him and start shooting him" are either epicly trolling your or are braindead.
If you want to kill Bastion, you go Pharah. Once you know where he is, there's no point in him playing Bastion anymore unless he has a reinhardt baby sitting him.
3 rockets. Peek, peek, peek, go about your business.

You oooga
Team booga

hanzo genji shitters are still rampant on competitive unfortunately

I just don't get how people can go up so high in rank and suck so bad besides getting unfairly carried.

increase the distance to 40m like before but make it max 2 revives.

Lower Charge Rate, set it to be channeled to raise more than 1 person.

so I don't give a fuck about ranked but I want a golden hammer. Should I throw in my placement games to get ez comp points? Which hero gives you the lowest rank?

>struggle for hours in the high 40s
>suddently win streak
>50->60 in about an hour

fug

That's retarded.
>Hey you're already fucked, you can either choose to take the MMR loss up front or take it after 10 minutes

Post your rank and whether or not you think it's where you deserve to be, whether you think you should be higher or lower

>6-4
>Rank 50

I'll take it. Fuck you, Hanzo and Bastion mains. How is everyone here holding up?

>Which hero gives you the lowest rank?
symmetra

>competetive mode released
>people in quick match crying about trying to win
>pick bastion anyway
>rape everything

this playerbase is retarded

user-kun it's okay maybe you had a tiny bit of fun playing with them ; w ;

please respond

i want to know if im not the only one who feels it here

Not him, but yes. I don't care about the whole "no counterplay she flies in presses q then immediately dies" shit. Sure it's annoying, but the fact a roadhog can jump out in front of people, soak damage, get healed, then do it again, and she'll have ult in less than 20 seconds is so fucking stupid.

reduce post-rez health depending on how many people are rezzed
there, it's fucking fixed

>D.Va counters Bastion
No the fuck she doesn't. You're being rused.
At best she can cockblock a single volley with Defense Matrix before being gunned down. At that point you'd be better off with a Rein, or a DPS.

>There are people in this thread right now that aren't in the Top 500 and don't have this emblem

L O L
O
L

Most annoying voice commands for every hero let's go

Dva= winky face
reinhardt= bring me another
tracer= deja vu
mei= ameizing
junkrat=brrrring

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHY IS EVERYONE IN COMPETITIVE SO SHIT

same deal
>place 55
>play with friend
>lose 3 games in a row, going gold in damage, elims and objective kills
>drop 2 ranks
>give up
>start playing solo again
>win the 4 games ive played since
>half between 54 and 55

is it still bugged?

3 losses in a row after placements. i just know this matchmaking is fucked. Also ranking being 1-100 and being able to one rank after a win is completely fucked. Not to mention control matches are fucking pointless cos they basically dont count. I swear quickplay had better balance than this shit.

people who aren't total shitters have low sensitivities though. having a high sensitivity is something 12 year olds do so they can hit sweet 360 no scopes and think they're good.

its still bugged lad

>3-7
>rank 49

I'll be back in the mid fifties soon enough I get. I got 8 fucking capture maps and team was booga.

Once I get more payload maps I should be able to influence the games more. I can also fall back on Pharah/S:76 instead of autistically trying to make McCree work.

Is the competitive rank a normal distribution? Is 50 the average rank?

Tfw when you'll never be shayed, following him around with constant loving healz

Is rank 40 bad for a Lucio main?

HELP ME FAGS

Really its the invincibility that's bullshit.

Right now they're invincible when glowing, and shortly after the revive (although they can't shoot for this brief period).

Have them take reduced damage on revive. 50%. Have no resistance once the glowing animation is over.

>all my friends have overwatch for console
>tfw nobody to do troll yunkrat 6v6 with

>tfw you slowly realize that you are much better at the game than the friends you play with
>they ask if you want to play comp instead of quick play
>come up with some "no i only play comp alone im afraid" style excuse because you dont want to lose ranks
>wow ok rude
>tfw

>5-5
>rank 48
guess I suck

I have a feeling I'm about to get fucked hard

Same. Had a 3 man stack in which one game our randos couldn't get a kill between the 3 of them. The other I had 3 leavers on Route 66 attack vs Rein + turret wombo.

Woah, really makes you think

I'd say a good bit below average. How did your placement matches go?

Rank is more about your teams

>Month old baby

A B O R T
B
O
R
T

Remove golden guns / any incentive for shitters to play.

Make gain/lower in rank based on stats(especially objective time) and not on win/loss.

Fix whatever bug is causing people to lose 10x as much rank as when they win.

Allow people to volunteer into a 5v6 for extra credits.

Separate mics from no mics.

pirate toblerone says "Shiver me timbers" sometimes

i've heard junkrat say "why so serious" but i don't know if it's the jester skin or not

How do I filter KOTH maps out of my ranked queue?

Woah too bad placement matches are done now and I'm still in shitter paradise OOGA BOOGA

My last game was actually a stomp. Went Torb on Hollywood and enemy never made it past the first point. Proceeded to take their point on attack and win instantly. Good luck.

Junkrat should be the "have a nice day!" after every kill.
Lucio - "Why are you so angry?"

>Me ooga team booga
ME RANK 1000
ME BEST IN WORLD

I've been losing most of them because of retarded team mates.

>tfw 7-3 and placed in Rank 55
>Rank 58 now
>Nothing but the nicest teams so far

I'm too scared to play more.

is she asking for somebody to fuck her baby

canada is fucked up

P L E A S E

R E S P O N D

I need this information ok

please give me your (You)s

cause i swear to god the competitive servers are really good

please halt your shitposts and notice my post

I am more than okay with this. Thank you, Loot Box.

>tfw top 120 ranked people are on your friendslist

>play genji
>team bitches at me at the start for picking genji
>absolubtly devastate everything up to the final chokepoint, singlehandledly clear the path for my team
>they just go with junkrats en masse. can't deflect tthem all or deal with their traps
>lose because team keeps going one by one and die to junkrat shit instead of grouping up behind me after switching to reinhardt.

Guess my ranking. Won 5 lost 5. Just had a game afterwards where I had top damage and elims and 83% kill participation against those who were ranked much higher than myself because I grouped with a friend. But apparently I'm garbage.

About to enter Competitive. Which of my go-to heroes should I pick? I'm not feeling Genji, I usually horse around with him and I'm still learning Reinhard.

Delete this image

kek

>Play comp
>Rank 65
>Get in match
>My team is filled with 58-60's
>Enemy team has level 72 and 68 with other level 60's
>My team cant land hooks or kill enemy 72 tracer at all.
>Tracer literally 1v4's my team
>Playing reinhardt so i cant turn around and go help them otherwise I get shot in the back by the rest of the enemy team.
>Lose
>Lose an entire rank and am now 64

What the fuck is this matchmaking like seriously. Our team avg was 60 and theirs was 67

>The only time i win in ranked is koth maps

Fucking end me already

What do the + number points mean

>Seagull placed 71
>Surefour placed 77
>Surefour is undeniably better than Seagull

Prove me wrong.

HINT: You can't

Welcome to the glory of blizzard MMR. Where they are told how to not cock it up. And then they cock it up anyway the madmen.

>MercyxD.Va
Finally someone else that ships this.

It seems fair, you just need to play them well + objective focus

It's just harder because tanks/support aren't as easy to play, and require more help from their team to do well

If you actually started shooting him with the pistol he probably would have ducked around the corner and you would have captured the point.

you got the cutest d.va spray!!!

Is anyone have like a 20% winrate in competitive

I went from 40 to 36 so fast, I have only won 1 match in 8 and everyone keeps telling me to uninstall and that I am the problem

2 ranked queues, solo queue and 6 man 'scrim' queue. Nothing in between. Implement a group finder utility that allows groups with less than 6 members to easily find other people looking to scrim (similar to the WoW group finder, the group finder - not the dungeon queue).

In ranked games your mic is on team chat in solo queue, group chat (obviously) in scrim queue.

No more sudden death, ties are decided based on time or distant pushed, depending on the map.

Make your ranked display 1-1000 (or even 1-10,000) rather than 1-100 to allow for more granular visible rankings, or implement a division system similar to SC2 or LoL.

Who cares, it's a duplicate and I never play D.va

dude nice

stonehardt is better

you're clingy as fuck

can i leave a ranked game at the defeat screen or do i need to watch all the bullshit?

>7/10 qualifier wins
>lose the 8th because a shithead went AFK

>Both Hanzo and Widow on Illios Competitive
How is this allowed?