Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Previous : >Can I play the game now?
YES YOU CAN (Get it on steam!)

TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>What is Tree of Savior?
Tree of Savior is an action MMORPG with a lot of classes, cute hats and autism grinding.

>Add-ons:
github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager

>Cards List:
pastebin.com/PrCkZ21n

>English patch for kTOS
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/general-ktest-thread/124575/645

>Servers
- kTOS - Server : Vakarine (Upside down "A" in gookspeak)
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA), Fedimian (EU), Telsiai (SEA) , Orsha (NA)

>Official Translation Project - github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation
Helping in the translation will speed up international server updates and remove unwanted machine-translated text. There are also rewards for contributors, further explained on the github page.

>/tosg/ Guilds info
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena/Silute, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a templar.
If your guild is recruiting, please post recruitment notice in the thread.
>Klaipeda
Futureproof (Lolipan)
FOE (Jinsae)
Clover (Karga)
Cake (DeliciousCake)
CuteNotLewd (Plasmagica)
Empire (Louvain)
TakeItEasy (Moonie_)
>Orsha
Kotatsu (Colyo)
>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)
>Telsiai
Comfy (Katzenberg)

Good builds :
>Wizard and Archer still unedited, Discuss in thread before using
pastebin.com/aGk6Ku7c

Remember to REPORT and IGNORE shitposters instead of giving them the attention they want and helping them shit up the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0heefDqe35vj9Raj
tos.nexon.com/community/gos/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=50
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/centurion-revamp-proposal-by-rainbowslashdash/256702
youtube.com/watch?v=_xycHGdEB38
tos.neet.tv/attributes
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11127aee
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#413769aa
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#31114446
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21122339
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/ktos-general-thread-keep-all-in-game-discussion-here/125464/8163
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/387qj71zbd/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>/tosg/ discord
discord.gg/0heefDqe35vj9Raj

Moonie has a cute butt!

>not just letting it die
cmon user

If you count /tosg/ as people, then no. If you mean the general population, then yes they're much more forgiving.

tos.nexon.com/community/gos/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=50

Rough Translation:
Year 2016 Summer Prior Information!
2016.06.29 18:49:43 (+9GMT)

Hello, its GM Calis. Do you want to know the new stuff coming up this summer? I have come just to let you Saviors in on the news.
All this will be officially announced on a later date, but there will be quite a few changes.
Firstly, let me briefly introduce them.

1) Except for Ausrine Server, all other Servers will merge on 14th July. Due to the vast differences in the number of users in each server causing a number of inconveniences hindering a smooth playing environment, we decided to merge the servers. The Goddesses who used to individually oversee each server will return to the game and a new Goddess shall be entrusted the duty of watching the new merged server - this is our plan ^^ Which Goddess will undertake this - you Saviors will choose.

To 300 of those who participate in the vote, we plan on giving out presents!

1/2

2) The Rank 8 Classes everyone has waited for will be added, and the max level will be increased. This summer, as part of the update plan, the Rank 8 update will accompany the increase of the max level. We're preparing the the Rank 8 update and the various contents that are needed for the level cap expansion so do look forward to it. We'll also begin releasing information about each Rank 8 class, so just wait a little bit. ^^

(Image shows a GM Calis saying "I feel dizzy... Please tell me about Rank 8 quickly.")

3) Addition of Earth Tower Solmiki Area
On top of the existing Lolopanther Area (20 floors), it will become possible for you to conquer a total of 40 floors in the Earth Tower.
Look forward to an even higher difficulty as you encroach the Solmiki Area after crossing the 20th floor. As much as it is important to have good gear, you'll need great party members - and take care to catch your breath!
It will be possible to receive the rewards of the floor you cleared and decide to leave on (as usual), and should you clear all 40 floors, you will chance upon the room of a beautiful goddess...

(the screenshot is that of a Kupole saying: "I managed to reach here thanks to the demons retreating from the Lolopanther area. You will now be able to enter the Solmiki area without the demons hindering you.)

4) And on top of all of that - the greatly wished for bug-fixes and class balances!
As for this bit, I don't need to tell you guys, since we're constantly working on improving the game as it is. We are thankful for your large number of opinions, and information - and we shall work towards achieving more stable and balanced gameplay.

2/2

forum.treeofsavior.com/t/centurion-revamp-proposal-by-rainbowslashdash/256702

>2) The Rank 8 Classes everyone has waited for will be added, and the max level will be increased. This summer, as part of the update plan, the Rank 8 update will accompany the increase of the max level. We're preparing the the Rank 8 update and the various contents that are needed for the level cap expansion so do look forward to it. We'll also begin releasing information about each Rank 8 class, so just wait a little bit. ^^

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Who's ready for R8 and the 280+ content to be fucking incredible and save the game but to literally never be released here

What's wrong, angry doomposter?

I'm ready for Oracle C3.

>We already know that Oracle learns two skills at Circle 3:

>Call of Deities - Randomly summons enemies to your front from the area you are currently in. Summons 1 + [Skill Level] × 2 monsters in front of you.
>Gender Switch - Switches the gender of the target player.

> switches the gender of the target player

>necromancer
you can solo up to storage if you're wiz3/necro2 simply using sleep and flesh cannon. that's not even counting whatever skills you got between wizard and necromancer. if you're at storage then if you're a linker1/2 you can also solo it.

if you didn't go linker to just solo everything yourself then you can get into groups and deal as much damage as elememers if you got high enough attributes. just expect to pay like 70-100k per hour in corpse pots/mana potions. you want to level up flesh cannon attribute as high as possible. mine is at 70% and i hit for 140k soon it'll be 80% and nearly 150k. that can 1 hit anything in storage so every 20 seconds stuff dies

why are you so mad?

FALCONER C3 IS GOING TO BE GREAT I BET IT IS

You think I'm kidding

>oracle is now new meta of ERP

>rank8
>still no centurion

heh

Do you think this game will still be alive in 3 years?

I'm enjoying the game, but I don't wanna be alone.

But we don't know any of that. All we have are icons which have been in the game since forever. Several other classes have them as well.

We have entered phase 4.

youtube.com/watch?v=_xycHGdEB38

WHEN?

I'm pretty new to world bossing so forgive the noob question. I tried to solo Grim Reaper. But just a few attacks, it disappeared. Where did Grim Reaper-kun go?

IMC's class system is terrible for the type of game they've made. Not knowing what abilities your class is going to get later on is just completely stupid. It makes everything 1000x more like gambling.

They should release the info on all three circles of every new class. It's just dumb, otherwise. Hell, they should release all of the info on all of the classes. What the fuck is the point of keeping it all secret? So that everyone has to reroll and play for another 100+ hours every time you increase the level cap?

that's not a world boss, that's an anti bot boss

i don't want circle resets. if you rolled some garbage class and fucked up your circles then live with it. i don't want somebody drinking a potion and choosing my snowflake class after theywere too stupid to pick it as they leveled.

They just have no idea what they're gonna do with the future classes. Only icons and skill names. Almost as much as me and you.

Or they should just make test server where exp and silvers are x100, but reset itself clean every week.

>made a fortune with mithril ores i casually farmed, already burned it all
>got ultra rare shit in minutes but i use them
>can't into constant and serious world bossing
>cubes give me talt/cards only when i manage to get them
I am tired of being poor, need money for my upcomming Archer2Sap2Wugu2Cannon or Archer2RangerWuguw2FalconCannon
How proffitable is farming Kalejima for Blue Elet Masks and Terranium?

>hunting Loxodon bone and Loxodone ivory for collection
>seems rare, but I got all day. Where them Loxodons at?
>only like 5 of them spawn per map

Welp, I got all day.

Dead like Centuri-san

>wugu

Please stop, i don't want any more wugu trying to overwrite my poison in this game

>tfw you called for team formation but no one came
>tfw you just don't exist

My chat is acting up since the patch, closing conversation by itself and other stuff. I'm often afk in Grynas Hill since I'm busy with exams at the moment (or you could try discord). I'm online everyday so you shouldn't have that many problems.

The Centurion master is still in the game though.

Somehow i have to use Meraviglioso Italian Cannone

>tfw nuka gem

elet gem when

how many silverydoos will it take to max my swell left hand, right hand and head attributes?

40 million?

If we get Centurion for rank 8 though, how would you guys build it?
Pelt3 tank? DPS? Which skill would enjoy that reduced CD when in formation?

tos dot neet dot tv
See for yourself.

tos.neet.tv/attributes

Build it with corsair so you can be party leader as well as the centurion.

That's the thing. Your choices should be meaningful. But the game is balanced so shittily that 90% of the possible builds in it are pure garbage. Just for a random example, these will never be good:

tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11127aee
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#413769aa
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#31114446
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21122339

The problem, I feel, is honestly stemming from how you choose your classes. Being able to choose a class from any previous circle WOULD be great - if those classes had abilities which were good at any time period. If classes were all designed as though they were at the same "circle". But they aren't. They're designed as though you can't go backwards. Some of the earlier classes have futureproof skills, but not all of them, and not nearly enough so.

It's just a fundamental flaw in the design of the game. They wanted to take an RO / Maplestory style "class change" thing where you get stronger and stronger abilities as you level, but mix it with an incredibly free-form infinite classes system. In the latter type of system, you should have all classes be at the same relative power level, with new circles in the same class / new classes just giving you more options and synergies, rather than flatly superior skills.

I don't know. Frankly, I think IMC has no idea how to design. It's funny, because they're clearly ALL artfags, but they can't create content. It's not an issue of production speed, of modeling and programming. It's legitimately just that they don't have a clue what to model and program. I'm 90% sure that the only reason kToS gets frequent updates and balance patches is that Nexon is the one doing them.

What did i just dropped?

>bunshin no jutsu isn't a 5x multiplier to Swordsman / Shinobi skills any more
>it's just a 50% increase to any skill you use
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

OH MY GOD SHINOBIS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Talk to one of the NPC ladies at the entrance. It's a hidden-ish quest.

Quest item, talk to some people at the beginning of the map.

source please

>cafrisun armor
>base def 11, +3 adds 6, more than 50% of base, +10 adds 34, more than 3x of base
>virtov leather robe
>base def 85, +3 adds 12, fucking 14% of base, +10 adds 68, 80% of base
>grynas armor
>base def 134, +3 adds 12, fucking 8% of base, +10 adds 68, 50% of base
And let's not fucking mention the fucking cost it takes to upgrade high level armor. Where the fuck is the balance? What's the point in upgrading armor at all?

>synergizes with all skills now
That's not so bad, it'd just keep Fletchers as the World Boss Mafia I suppose

Show proof?

>Swordsman now have Quick Cast
>this is bad because....

>from 500% to 50% more damage
Now, that's a big nerf.

So do the clones still appear? or is summon/pet AI so fucking bugged that they don't even bother to fix it anymore and just remove it entirely?

forum.treeofsavior.com/t/ktos-general-thread-keep-all-in-game-discussion-here/125464/8163

new hair

>Wizard gets 100% uptime Quick Cast at R3 and doesn't have to give up anything other than the R2 and R3 circles to get it (neither of which are that amazing)
>Swordsman gets 40% uptime Quick Cast which also increases the damage you take at R7 and therefore has to give up the R7 circle to get it, which is an incredibly important circle for Swordsman

THICC

It's really a bandaid for the mid-rank skill falloff.

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/387qj71zbd/

This is bad, right?

Eh, it's okay I guess.
But those thighs though.

Can someone translate kTOS GM event schedule? Or point me to the translation if it's already been done?

Kind of want to take a peek at what iTOS will never get.

>swordsman 2 without restrain

yep. theorycrafting imbecile.

>kToS
who cares

>34 more defense worth anything

>tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21122339

Pyro 2 alone carries you to r6, and Necro doesn't really matter what you have before. At rank8, they could go wiz 3 or necro 2 and be fine. Wiz is really the only class set that achieved the dream though.

As for the system,
>with new circles in the same class / new classes just giving you more options and synergies, rather than flatly superior skills.
This is the only really correct part. Each circle of a class should just give new skills, and you should be able to take them all to 15 or whatever instead of having it go 15, 10, 5 in general. They shouldn't be requiring all 3 circles just to fully max one skill.

You're overlooking that the skills will still get stronger as you do, and in a lot of cases, their base attack doesn't even matter later compared to your attack. Since they intended earlier classes to not matter, they don't make the skills stay relevant beyond your own attack power though, which they should do.

>Necro doesn't really matter what you have before. At rank8, they could go wiz 3 or necro 2
Retard

At that level you get cafrisun it is yes. It's fucking 3x the base def. Compared to the higher level armors which cost a fuckton to upgrade but doesn't give the boost the lower level armors get.

>friends all quit
>can't even be bothered to do talt runs anymore
>kTOS is adding even more content to the game while we're still missing stuff they got in February
I can't really do it anymore.

Nice nonexistent counter argument.

>see some nigga in fedi upgrading a mien boots to +1 infront of the market vendor
I FUCKING SEE YOU RMTING YOU FUCKING CUNT

Argument to what? Play the game.

>the memenobi changes
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH, sword 3 shinobis are on suicide watch

Whacchu gonna do bout it huh?

Lalacow

you mean "Meraviglioso Cannone Italiano" right?

I'm already a necro 2. You play the game.

I fucking told you niggas swordsman skills being usable with bunshin was a fucking bug
>NOOOOOOOOO MUHHHH HIDDEN INTERACTIOOOOOONNNNN
>imc can't fix the bug
>change the skill entirely
It's truly amazing how they manage to fuck up even more every single time.
Feint barrage is next guys.

>You're overlooking that the skills will still get stronger as you do
The problem is that I'm not sure they'll get stronger fast enough. Look at what happened with Cannoneer and Musketeer. They're just flatly better than skills from before. They have high multipliers and low cooldowns. They have massive base skill damage. If that trend continues, you will literally never use skills from more than 1-2 ranks ago. They will be utterly outclassed in every way, and your rotation will be full.

The only way an old skill will ever outclass a new skill, overcome the massive skill damage differential, is if the last Rank is at like, level 400, and the level cap is like 600. And you get just gigantic amounts of Attack in those 200 levels. But it won't be like that, most likely, and so the old skills will get replaced.

The game is designed around linear scaling, but skills seem to be getting exponentially stronger per rank.

The engrished Meraviglioso Italian Cannone sound better than yours grammatticaly correct name desu

Then you're a dead weight Necro simple as that. Also Wiz3 and Necro2 for r8 pick up? kys

What does Sword3 has going for it now then? Only Rush + Restrain?
Cant even try to save the build with going Shinobi anymore. Truly the most neglected class in the game. Sasuga IMC.

Now you know why people go 1 new class in every circle. Cause IMC just made it so the next rank's skills will be so fucking OP compared to the lower rank, there is no point in going C2 or C3 unless there's a certain skill mechanic you need for your build to function.

Damage skill wise, the new ranks will always out damage the previous ranks. IMC balance.

>implying wiz is going to have anything good at r8

Crystal Mine or Tenet Church
Where you like to farm Mithril the most?

Maga Spear or Brandish?

Maga for tanking/DEX builds
Brandish for DPS

I told you to roll hoplite Corsair 2 into Shinobi. Hexen dropper is now oficially monstruous.

R8 free to go Lancer ;)

On a serious note, this Shinobi stuff is the same as the old Subzero shield, nice concept, buffed as fuck só instead of fixing it, they made a lazy one that turned out to be one of the most imbalanced skills in the history of MMOs.

Show me the cute!!

>Brandish for DPS
>Swordsman DPS

user please.

random cuck trivia. don't forget to post your ign

for 5 talt

NPCs:
Who is Laswi?

>Since they intended earlier classes to not matter, they don't make the skills stay relevant beyond your own attack power though

Yes, I said exactly what you just said.

>which they should do.
If they just made them have some sort of extra growth, or add synergies(in the D2 sense) with later classes, they can stay relevant. They'll probably just give you ridiculously strong weapons instead though.

I mean even rune caster, assuming hidden classes get extra ranks, if it had a fire increasing rune, that'd bring pryo back into relevancy. Maybe. Depends on if it works like the ice rune does.

Rose's dog

IGN: Atom

Dude Shinobi are going to become broken :^)
Sword1Pelt1Hop2Corsair2Shinobi FOTM soon

Based quest dog

Is there a monster gem for gem roasting? So you can get level 6 gem roasts? I heard divine might doesn't work for gem roasting.