/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Dream of Utopia Edition
>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc.
live.warthunder.com/

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Teamspeak
ts.gonnahate.org

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units - OUTDATED -
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/595/
forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/321019-planned-br-changes-for-aircraft-and-ground-vehicles-july-2016/
pastebin.com/EQNbP8Y5
ebay.com/itm/252434767572?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
youtu.be/LQdDnbXXn20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for IT-1s getting btfo warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/595/

Why do people hate mixed battles so much?

be less vague

Why do many players of the video game "War Thunder" dislike participating in matches in the realistic game mode in which aircraft of all available nations fight alongside each other?

Which T4 american tank to talisman to grind out the rest of the tree?

because planes kind of have an unfair advantage

bulldog
or just get the super hellcat

T32
or M41A1

I did the M36, didn't regret it back then, but you probably have better choices now. Got a free talisman for M46 too and that one is definitely worth getting.

M36 will be good if it goes back to 5.7

When will we get "Historical Battles" back?
Having to fight alongside commies all the time is getting stale.

So how long have you been here, /wtg/?

I started back in 1.29, what was it like before that?

Are british 7.7s still flame throwers?

>playing T5 arkade in KV-2
>see chieftain
>shoot cupola with HE
>showers crew with fragments
>they all become the simpsons
>still kill him because I his his ammo
what
been here since 1.41

>why do people dislike a mode where a dive bombing autist can suicide dive you amd blow you up right after you killed him in his tank

>he doesnt TK every single plane in GF RB

I started back around WoWP release but quit for a long time and only came back recently

>wanting to lose

>They're lowering the P-51 even more
>and one of the 5.3 spits
>and raising the MG 151 Ki-61
wtf

>They're lowering the P-51 even more
what
>and one of the 5.3 spits
what
>and raising the MG 151 Ki-61
WHAT

So what, P-51D at 4.0 now? And Spitfire IX at 4.7?

The oldest screenshot I have is from 1.27, started playing maybe a few days after planes came out of CBT (not sure what update it was exactly). Fairly certain I saw news about it being posted in BF P4F's plane thread, though.

One of the earliest memories I have of the game was me in my He51 being in the same match as Me 163 in arcade.

You probably remember this, but back then they had way more free shit (they had it even later, you can compare 2014 and 2015 summertime madness), x2, x5, a ton of discounts on every slightly bigger occasion. Personally I think if they stuck to the way it was back then (not making the grind into an absolute hell), the game would be more popular. I don't mean the 20 tier system, just the grind in general. For me it was harder to get SL than RP back then and I still had a few unlocked planes I never bought left a few months ago.

proofs?

forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/321019-planned-br-changes-for-aircraft-and-ground-vehicles-july-2016/
Just the D5 to 4.3 and the Spit is not the IX, still retarded.
Also Ho 229 to 6.7. What the fuck are they thinking?

anglonigger shit stats bruv

ncm found it forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/321019-planned-br-changes-for-aircraft-and-ground-vehicles-july-2016/

>F-80 and Attacker dropped to 7.0
>Meteor F3 still at 8.0

At this point I am 100% convinced they do this just to spite the community

I swear my heart stopped for a second when I saw Emil getting 6.3, but luckily that's arcade.

Fucking called it they'll make Tu-4 8.0 and I'm legit confused as to why Ho is getting 6.7, unless they'll nerf it even harder. There's legit no reason for it to have lower BR and I'm using the damn thing.

>hard vag

>Ho-229 at 6.7
>Tu-4 at 8.0
I gues nazibabbys complained that they somehow couldn't handle Tu-4s in their fantasywaffe plane, and of course Gaijin can't stop handholding the naziboos for one second.

>Tu-4
>8.0

applied when it was still called world of planes, started playing pretty early on but dont ask for a patch. all i remember is unlocking the a6m5 and fighting mig15s in HB

>gf is all arcade nerfs

JUST

>A6M
>fighting MiGs
kek what

There was no matchmaker back then. It was like custom games where there's planes of any BR fighting each other

it wasnt so bad. back then you could see the enemy teams plane icons in the score board... so if i saw swept wings, i simply left without time penalty

matchmaking was shit back then. I remember mig-9s in low tier prop games that would just swoop in for kills.

>Spitfire XVI to 5.0
>D5 to 4.3
>F-80 to 7
This is retarded

But I'm going to enjoy it

They are retarded and don't even play their own fucking game

This only confirms it

>MiG-9 back to 7.0
thank christ

>mig 9 7.0
>Ho229 6.7
>Ki61s 5.0
JUST

I cannot find the words to properly describe the physical torture I want to inflict on this faggot.

wop

1,27 was heaven, just upping the tier rp costs as more planes would be added would be perfect

>Yak-30
>9.0
what is this retard spewing

old story senpai

>-401 rep
fucking kek

lmao get wrecked shitter, I can't club shit in my Tu-4 anymore maybe, but it's time for Ho 229 now again

best part is Meteor STILL having 8.0 lmao

Matchmaker was shit back then And the Me 163 I mentioned didn't have a fuel limit back then, so it was clubbing shit like crazy

>get to work
>no work to do
>immediately want to leave work but cant until 4

I just want to play WT and be at home.

He's right, though, spewing that shit without giving a reason is pointless. He's obviously a handheld teeb that didn't even try half the planes he's whining about.

Fully spaded, how's the 152C hold up to the D9/13?

What are some good beginner planes for an arcadenigger abandoning the shitter ways and trying to convert to RB?
>inb4 spits or yaks
I'm trying to stop being a shitter so they're out of question.

SOON™

I'd say He 112 A-0, but that's a shitter plane too.
109s should be fine. They have weak armament so you'll need to learn to aim and they're pretty well rounded energy fighters.

All the retarded or broken shit in WT is annoying as fuck, but the atrocious maps are still a dealbreaker for me. The only recent map I kinda like is Fields of Normandy, and it still sucks because it's the size of a postage stamp.

I finally got to play on that new port map and it's even worse than Finland. Half the map is inaccessible and the rest is peekaboo town. Who approves these things?

MiG-3

That's nice. I mostly fly 109s anyway so maybe it won't be so hard once I unlearn flying them above 800km/h and pulling 24gs.

>P-51D to 4.3
>Ki-61 hei to 5.0

Seriously, what the fuck. I fucking kicked arse with the P-51D back when it was at 5.0.

I just want to kill K4s and D9s over Bulge again.

;_;

Oh, I forgot to mention, whatever you do, don't use gunpods unless there's a bomber in the stratosphere.

Is there any website that details the differences between the different blocks of P-51s?

D5, D10, D25, D30 etc.

Pretty curious for academic reasons, I can find info on that for the P-47 and P-38, but nothing for the Mustang.

>pastebin.com/EQNbP8Y5

>germany_tank_company_10/name Chapter X. Never Again

>germany_tank_company_10/desc It’s now been more than seven decades since I last set foot into a Tiger, or any other military vehicle for that matter. Looking back, I am still scared by the amount of destruction that I and others have caused during this horrible war, blinded by youth and ambition. Living my last days on this earth as peaceful as possible, all I wish for is that no one ever has to endure the same.

ONLY GERMANS ARE AT FAULT ))))))))))))))

someone post that video of those old german vets who cheerfully talk about how the war was about defending europe against bolshevist fucking shits

ebay.com/itm/252434767572?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

is this legit?

youtu.be/LQdDnbXXn20

I haven't played in a few months now.

Take a guess how something heavier performs against a d9

lmao what a shitter, she's selling the humble bundle code

she (or he, even though it sound slike a girls name) paid 4€ for the whole thing (plenty of games, codes) and is now selling it doe $3. Yeah, it's legit, but why the fuck would you want to buy it?

The only thing worth it is the Tank. The plane isn't even premium and comes without modules. If it's cheaper than the tanks price in eagles and legit it's worth it. How much M5?

Humble bundle is cheaper on the east side

I can give you the code senpai, I don't even care about the twitch decal and already have the other shit. What's your IGN?

You're replying to the wrong guy. I have it already.

>IGN

Reti_HUN

in game name, yes
would be nice if you were connected to the chat SIEMA boy

o-okay,just a minute senpai

>Krupp Stahl
>German quality
>labour camps? what labour camps?
>unironically being a wehraboo

>Spitfire and P51 downtiered
>Allied teams will still complaing about underperformance and Wehraboos/bias
>Will be given generous downtiers while having their opponents uptiered until they are at 2.7

got proofs there?

I just got the ho229 what do i do?

it's already been 6 senpai

Ki 61 I Hei with the worst engine performance ever going to 5.0 because.... it has german guns?

Ki 61 II being completely unflyable stock and moderately playable/treading water spaded at 4.7 is going up to 5.0?

FOR WHAT PURPOSE? Why does Gaijin hate the 61 line?

Becasue handheld allied babies only focus on the Meteor keeping its BR and Ho getting lower BR, everything else doesn't matter as long as they can whine

Because gaijin follows a overtiered/undertiered policy with japan.
Instead of blancing the nation they constantly put plaanes on too high or low BRs. The low BR ones to attract players, the high BR ones as contentblockers or some kind of excuse for the clubbing machines

Okay. I was just reading that the Fw-190D was supposedly an interim to the 152C.

>109s are shit now
>Doras are shit now
Guess I'll play nothing but Antons now. Or maybe I'll just join the cancer and fly nothing but fotm shit.

>it's a "retarded fighterniggers chase me instead of killing a single tank that would've won them the match" episode

>plane's flight model changed slightly
>shit now

>plane gets new flight model making it worse
>none of the planes it goes up against get the same changes
Do it for all planes at once or don't do it at all.
Gaijin has zero idea how to make a balanced game.

>please nerf all planes when you find out one was over-performing gaijin

Retard

dumb weeb

>Ho 229 BR 6.7

literally why

do these dipshits think it's on the same level as the He 162?

Open window.

Man the wind and cold must have life miserable for B-24 gunners.

who /bored@work/ here?

Ta-152 was supposed to be better than Doras, but willkommen aus War Thunder. Neither of the two 152s are really worth using over Doras

who /midwest/ here?