/fog/ -Fallout General

Stupid Capeshit edition

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/EEaEc6rW

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Memes

i donno man it seems like an advanced version of this

compacted and nautical themed. looks like heavy SEAL armor or something imo

>want to side with House, but then m'waifu will have a heart attack
REEEEEEE

FUCKING ARMOR BLA BLA BLA FUCKING CAPES BLA BLA BLA FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEE
I did it for you guys..

big mutie penor

oh neat a new vegas image is the OP this time

Piper farts.

Why did Bethesda have to fuck it up by making the helmet look like this, instead of normal like your pic?

>enclave turn themselves into cyborgs to survive the moon better
Would you like it /fog/?

> don't call it Riot Armor, because it is impractical for riots and melee.

it's riot armor

with a coat over it

???

no more 50's sci fi?
sounds neat, maybe if they all turn out like gen 2 synths, or the borg and became souless killing machines in mostly flesh bodies.

>tfw when you finally be fix your shit in CK after 4 hours of mind fucking and pondering.

Now I can continue working with my daughterfu mod.

In survival mode, what's the ideal sleeping time? When you're tired, how many hours should you sleep before the 'tired' wears off? If you're overtired or whatever comes after tired, should you sleep longer?

starting my 2nd play through after only playing for a month after release is there a way to kill brotherhood and railroad for minutemen i want to make a cult of personality and i wont feel safe knowing theres another faction is out there undermining me

that space suit is completely impractical. at least tuck the cuffs of the pants into your boots and seal it up.

the coat is asking someone to pull on it. even antifia don't wear trenchcoats, and they're even edgier than NV fans.

You can kill every faction for Minuteman. They're the Yes man ending.

>completely impractical
They're cyborgs
Also BBC budget

Did Bethesdia mess up the way combat armor looks in fallout 4?
Do factions even stay mad at you if you kill unnamed NPC? Did that even happen in fallout 3, or was it just new vegas where a real faction system existed?

The coats weren't worn during riots, The NCR added the coats over them, and also the military because idk desert.

W H Y

don't get it

>the coat is asking someone to pull on it

Oh. Dude, what are you arguing about? That a fictional post apocalyptic faction projected from a fantasy world of retrofuturism isn't utilizing armor exactly how you would?

For those who can't understand compass and map markers.

I think there was a flag in 3 you set off when you attack the BOS or the Outcasts that made them all aggressive. In 4 I think if you attack the BOS before doing Danse's quest then once you finish his quest they're unaggressive again.

They wanted to reuse the Clairvoyance spell from Skyrim's files.

It's hot, I know, I'll wear a restrictive trenchcoat over my restrictive armor! I won't even bother to button up the coat, thus defeating the purpose of wearing it in the first place. Who cares if I get sand everywhere, so long as edgelords think it's kewl.

yes. no one would do this, it's stupid. prove me wrong. show me one real world example of an elite soldier wearing a trenchcoat over combat armor.

You can't button up a duster moron, and do you know who else wears long clothing in the desert? Middle eastern people and cowboys..

I donno man it might just be you

they should have made it so you could track targets on your HUD or something, maybe gate personal map markers behind it.

or you know, replace it with something entirely different.

>can't button up a duster

belt it up then, if you're too poor for buttons.

If I want to side with the BoS, should I even bother doing anything Father tells me or am I supposed to do stuff for him until later in the story?

Please help

Why do you keep enabling turbo-autists.

You have never been to the desert

You acclamate to heat, but youll never get all the sand out

>show me one real world example
Nobody, because nobody in modern times wears combat armor, they may have armor in their vests but most of the time it's too heavy.
It doesn't have a belt either.. It might have buttons but it's a Bethesda game still so don't expect to actually see any... oh yeah it does, but still doing that would be constrictive like wearing a corset, and wearing the armor over the coat would be even worse, and look even stupider.

post comfy adventure

Are the think tank the most dangerous force in fallout?

No, it's the aliens.

>wearing power armor in the glowing sea

S M H T B H F A M

I live on a desert continent cunt, you don't know sand like I do
>nobody in modern times wears combat armor

I'll give you a minute to muse on this

>It doesn't have a belt either

check this out right

humans have dressed in some real silly gear in our history, especially in combat

look at this insane shit no one would wear that for practical fighting it's all showboating

it's because combat hadn't evolved to really demand the need of khaki and camo and stuff and people were more interested in making their army look neat

nowadays we know our shit and have lots of knowledge on combat and combat training and know not to dress our soldiers like retards

but check it out right

what if you nuked society and reverted them back to the stone age. not the literal stone age tho, a weird hybrid of a societal reset on top of a graveyard full of futuristic technology.

you'd probably get people who, not quite understanding specifics of and learning modern combat, misuse armor, and wear stuff purely because it looks cool. showboating.

raiders ranging from junkie retards to organized bandits do this, I don't see why the elite veteran class of an army wouldn't wear something to look intimidating. also, it's to appeal to the cowboy aesthetic.

>tfw WotW mod never

>judging how other people enjoy the game

lmaoing @ ur life

But do you live, and work, in the desert?

You do not leave skin revealed to the sun. Coats cover clothes/skin from sand. See: poncho

>you will never ride the hms thunder child

look at op's pic there is no belt.. it is a real western horse riding duster, meant to keep trail dust and sand off of you something a ranger vet in California would be doing a lot, whether its walking, hiking, or riding the seemingly none exist horses seen in the comic.

>i'm casual and proud

L O L

>cowboy aesthetic
so who no spurs or cowboy hat. if you're going for style over substance, why not commit?

see pic

would that soldier be better if he had a trechcoat on over hid kit?

Yeah I mean explain why power armor is grey ceramic, or even worse in the case of T45-60 shiny steel..

Look at the legion, or raiders, why do you think they wear red colors, flags, dog helmets, masks, rebar, and bones? Because all of those things strike fear into the enemy.

I was only using the power armor to take screenshots pham. I I haven't even used power armor to progress through the game. Since my ENB and the weather mod makes taking screenshots fun.

They literally do wear that, except spurs are useless when you are shooting revolvers at roman football players with spears and shotguns while on a rocky desert hill... so they wear combat and hiking boots instead.

Chris Avellone
>"it was never my intention that there were any horses." He went on to say that "there were parts of the New Vegas design where we specifically removed the mention of horses from certain narrative points (one of Raul’s stories originally referenced horses, for example, and we cut them because we didn’t want to imply horses still existed)."

He's fully covered (like a duster). Those layers are bound to be hotter than a loose duster as well

Youre wrong. Just stop posting and bitch about the guns again or somethin :^)

I see. Alright then, you cool.

Reminder:
T-51=APA>Fo3 APA=Hellfire>T-45=Tactics PA>Raider>T-60

amen

Why put a redundant and restrictive coat over armor, when you can be just as armored and protected from the elements with less clothing?

It's a silly, impractical aesthetic choice, but capeshit appeals to edgy teenagers I guess.

ghillie suit mod when?

so are horses dead or no?
I don't like how Bethesda keeps turning comfy natural wild and farm animals like wolves, rabbits, chickens, fish, and deer into radioactive disgusting editable giant monsters.

I just want to hunt deer and rabbit, then return to my farm with my cows chicken and pigs that don't all have cancer and radiation poisoning.
WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TWO HEADS?
I'm alright with Brahmin having two heads, but why is everything bald and sickly looking, why are the carrots, "tomatos-potatoes" watermellon, and corn all mutated too? It's been a long time since the bombs dropped.
The rule of cool...

>APA OR X-01 :^)

It's funny, considering that all of the NCR troops are dressed like Cavalry soldiers, and the tie-in comic explicitly indicates that the NCR uses horse cavalry.

That pic you posted does not have armor that functions like a duster

Cry about something else and stop shitting up the threads with your preferred style

No one cares

m8, in the quote, he's specifically about the tie-in comic and how wrong it is.

I don't know. I think there were references to pack mules in a previous game, but that may have been an idiom. Some other critter might have been the beast of burden. Or, horses and donkeys are around somewhere.

The Avellone quote is apparently legit though.

>That pic you posted does not have armor that functions like a duster

Exactly, Brandon Lee had a hard enough time keeping all of his edge underneath that coat. There would be no room for a set of armor.

Which was my point - the NCR troopers are all wearing Cavalry gear. If you really want to distance yourself from that whole "horses" thing, dressing all of the soldiers like they come from a military with a Cav tradition seems a bit idiotic.

And I say that as somebody who really likes NV.

they werent exactly going for style over substance. i think they struck a nice balance.

Counter-argument: think tank created Cazadors.

>preferred style
>style

No worries, Brokeback, I'll leave your fashion choices alone.

Aren't those like blood bugs but bigger?
So what who cares..

Also I'm in the only one annoyed by how getting poisoned turns you green?

>There would be no room for a set of armor.

And look what that did for him.

That's a nice screenshot user.

>started Survival playthrough in Fo4 yesterday
>get first legendary from guaranteed starry roach in Omega relay basement next to Sanctuary
>Assassin's Laser Musket

I really wish they didn't opt to have horses be extinct in the fallout universe, because i think they'd be a cool addition. but this comes from someone who likes the aesthetic of riding a horse through a post apocalyptic wasteland

at least have some mounts, tho. how the hell does everyone get around if no one uses cars? apparently vertibirds are the only working vehicles in the fallout universe

>settlement happiness stuck at 95

i-is it safe to leave the area?

My game keeps taking screenshots every .5 seconds

any ideas?

Nowhere close to seaworthy yet but shes getting there. Was making a little minisub lifeboat prefab earlier before I got into bed because I hit some mapper's block figuring out how to build the bow section and bridge/crew section

And how should I handle the player potentially falling/slipping/being thrown into the ocean? I know I can rad them to death, but I would love to have something akin to to HL2's leeches or the brine in Dragon's Dogma get rid of you if you try to sudoku off the side of the ship or something.

play them in sequence to simulate the console experience

fallout 2 has a working motorcycle

yeah i was being a bit facetious. im pretty sure working vehicles are commonplace in the fallout universe outside of where the games actually take place, but it'd still be neat to see some wastelanders roaming around on horses.

>haven't played Fallout Tactics

The only reason why Bethesda Fallout games don't have cars and motorbikes is their shit Morrowind engine.

Why is the hull upside down?

which is where i totally think horses could come in, since their engine can handle horses fine.

pls respond
benevolent leader is the least fun achievement of all time tbqh

>And how should I handle the player potentially falling/slipping/being thrown into the ocean?

Mirelurk Hatchlings. Tons of Mirelurk Hatchlings. Could have them infesting a reef beneath the ship or something.

a fucking cape

1. take gulper/anglerfish monster from far harbor
2. make it giant
3. replace legs with fins
ezpz

it's safe

>a duster

FTFY

The NCR has trucks, the Master had trucks with steam-engines, a few cars and motorcycles work.

Wasn't there a bug that caused happiness to decrease when away from the settlement?

It's at 96 now, going up so incredily slowly and I don't want to fuck it up. Over an hour from 92 to 96

It takes a long time to go up in the 90's, my settlement reached 100 while I was away.

It's out on the open ocean so the water is extremely deep, i think the water level is like -2048 or something

Havent quite decided how the player finds the ship, its a tossup between finding it beached and needing to restart the engines and promptly getting coldcocked to begin the mod proper, or if you and the guy who suckers you into looking for the ship just get your boat smashed into and thats what kicks off you being trapped on the ship

I think the 'ticks' are every half hour, so to get it to 100 will take another 2 hours, assuming you can hit that cap.

The bug you're talking about doesn't always happen. Up to you if you want to chance it.

>I think the 'ticks' are every half hour, so to get it to 100 will take another 2 hours, assuming you can hit that cap.

well it's just gone to 97, after less than 10 mins on 96. I think I'll just wait

Do you think 4x tier 3 clinic, 2 people on food and 5 cats is enough for 100?

desu, I liked your idea last time that you just start in a random room with no introduction, and later find a room filled with your previous clone corpses.