/xsfg/ - XSEED and Friends General, formerly /rfhmg/

Touch Fluffy Tail Edition

A general for discussions about games published and developed by XSEED Games/Marvelous USA and their partners, including Rune Factory, Story of Seasons & pre-SOS Harvest Moon, PoPoLoCrois, Ys, The Legend of Heroes and Earth Defense Force 2017/2/4.1

XSeed have announced their E3 2016 lineup and it includes new titles to be localized in the west:
Corpse Party (3DS | Summer 2016)
Exile’s End (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Summer 2016)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (PS4, PS Vita | Winter)
Akiba’s Beat (PS4, PS Vita | Winter 2016)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Fall 2016)
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (Cherished Friends of Three Villages) (3DS | 2017)
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4 | Summer 2016)

Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Villages, currently out in Japan as of June 23 for 3DS systems.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is being localized for PC in 2017, while Trails of Cold Steel II NA releases for Vita and PS3 are due this fall. Steam and the PS Store currently have sales for TitS and SC.

Ys VIII Vita is set for a June 21 release in Japan, PS4 version in 2017.

Someone ported XSEED's translation of Ys: Memories of Celceta to the Chinese PC version:
mega.nz/#F!HssCDDYZ!QLkmrL0kMhndI3i7fYzIQA

RF/Story of Seasons Stuff
fogu.com/sos1/
pastebin.com/qzgac5X7
docs.google.com/document/d/1uzfx84FBSY50B_mLKDweztBBvbcsA8lzXXSRvOrUVlg/view
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJAHbfCCha37NPdyzgOQzNQTX-Q2OHRXPWao-gN1AG8/view
mega.nz/#F!adEBFboA!wTzdKkk5KKCppb1N2b_qRw

Falcom music archive:
pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Previous Thread:

first for m'lady

I'd tip her hat.

died again?

I'm going to touch that fluffy tail.

Yep.

That window between the night shift folks nodding off and the morning shift folks logging on, same with the early afternoon and late night. Though overall board activity's been fluctuating pretty significantly as well, hitting page 10 at ~18 minutes is increasingly common as of late.

Christmas cake

Christmas cake

ToV really needs to be localized soon or else I can't see this gen surviving seeing as we never even talk much about XSEED stuff in general.

That's kinda true I suppose which is too bad.

Christmas cake

At least there'll be some anons playing and more stuff leaked.

But would really perk things up around here is a new RF. Which is probably not happening.

>Been getting back into The Phantom Pain lately
>Naturally start pondering the idea of Tactical Espionage Cattle Rustling
>Rogue farmer goes and starts his own group with the goal of becoming an agricultural supercorp
>Sneakin' into competitors' farms to pilfer seeds, fertilizer, livestock, and personnel
>Launching fucking cows into the air with fulton extraction balloons
>Maybe uncover some plot to taint world food supplies with twisted GMOs (as opposed to the "good" kind you develop and produce

Moo

I want her to gently headbutt me.

amber is watching you

Moo

Xseed are doing a livestream of the games they'll be localising. Basically stuff from E3 if you didn't catch it.

-Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Wii U/PS4/PS Vita, Fall 2016
-Exile's End - Wii U/PS4/PS Vita, Summer 2016
-Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity - PS4, 2016
-STORY OF SEASONS: Trio of Towns - Nintendo 3DS, 2017
-Corpse Party - Nintendo 3DS, 2016
-Trails of Cold Steel II - PS3/PS Vita, Fall 2016

Starting in a few minutes
www.twitch tv/xseed_games

>something about cow touching

Has this actually started? Getting a black screen and the only scripts I haven't enabled are all shit from doubleclick and facebook and quantserve and the like which I sure as fuck ain't enabling.

Shantae is on right now. There was a few technical difficulties, but it seems they got it fixed.

Cool.

Balls, something must be still hosed up from my HD switch. Oh well I'll just catch it on youtube.

Touhou is currently on. 3V should be on after they switch games.

3V is about to be on if there's anyone waiting just for that.

So she's a chef now?

She was the baker's daughter in 64 iirc

EV is off the stream. Something important of note.
The Hamtaro collaboration isn't guaranteed for a western releases because of licensing. We'll have to wait and see if Xseed is able to get it over here.

>tfw still salty about SV hogging up all the attention

I just wish people even realized that Story of Seasons is the real new Harvest Moon, 90% of them seem to think that Lost Valley is the latest game.

And just to get all the salt out of my system, I just don't like how it looks like a modernized version of FoMT but with shitty art. Why do people still freak out just because something is in pixel art? I thought we were past that trend.

I'm thinking of trying Rune Factory 4 since everyone says it's "Harvest moon with combat"

Thing is I quit harvest moon for 1 specific reason: I hated the time. I get that time management is a big part of the games but I couldn't stand how I had to make a b-line to everything I wanted to do each day and had no time to just relax and enjoy atmosphere. Also hated how if you weren't in X place within 5 minutes of Y day you'd miss really big events.

>rush rush

Is that in SoS, ToTT, or ANB?

RF4 (all of RF really) is more relaxed. I find I'm done by 9 or 10AM with my farm chores ingame, leaving the rest of the day for whatever.

It was the hero of leaf valley one on PSP. It could have just been me being unused to the series but I hated how I had to spend each day sprinting from one location to another. I'm not dissing the game or anything, I get that some people enjoy that time crunch thing, I just didn't care for it. It got to the point where I was excited for rainy days because not having to water plants meant I had an extra minute or so to explore.

>everyone in westown hugs you (a stranger) as a greeting
>this is what the japs stereotype as typical western behavior
o am i laffin

RF4 has a pretty sedate pace, 1 sec=1 minute, which leaves you with a pretty good amount of time to get things done each day. I know what you mean though since some of the earlier HMs were almost manic in their pacing, just one of the many things that eventually drove me from it.

Everyone in Lulucoco gives you a fist bump. It's kind of cute actually.

Best knightfu.

Forte is love. Forte is life.
Forte is my wife.

Who's that? Mist?

>""""""""""retro""""""""""

It's subjective. And yes, it looks shitty.

New to Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons. What's the best game in the series?

Friends of mineral town. In my opinion that is.

Friends of mineral town for the GBA. It'll give you a good idea of what this series is about.

How's Back to Nature? I remember picking it up for $1 a while back on PSN.

Retro can work if you use old technology to make the game. Like using QBASIC to make an old DOS game.

Otherwise, modern games trying to pass themselves off as "retro" -- like SV -- can be annoying.

Also great. Back to Nature and Friends of mineral town are actually pretty similar games. Same town, same characters, same, story. It's just that BtN is done in isometric style and FoMT is top-down sprites.

Just keep in mind that some things haven't aged well in those old PS1 games.

It's pretty good as well.
I wonder if it's that one or the n64 to let that one girl marry your rival then marry her to have two kids to take care of.

Besides perspective, what's the difference between BtN and FoMT? I'm debating which one to play.

They're kind of the same game, except the village is a little different.

It plays a lot like Back to Nature, but they expanded the game a fair bit.

HM:BTN vs HM:FoMT
Most of the characters are the same, but some have left. Greg, Louis, and Kano are gone.

Getting married is a bit trickier. Not only do you need to get the girls up to a red heart but you also have to see 4 Heart Events before she will accept your proposal.

There are also rival Heart Events you can trigger if you want the girl to marry someone else.
There is even a "secret" sixth girl you can marry, but she is the hardest to get.
Mining has been greatly expanded. Each mine now has 255 levels, and you can get gems as well as ores. Instead of 10 in BtN

More things to Forage, more recipes to master, and different kinds of fish to catch. Instead of small, medium, and large fish you can now get Tuna, Trout, and Spanish Mackrel (among a lot of others).

A number of events have also changed. Some Festivals have remained the same (Cow, chicken, sheep), some have been done away with (Tomato, Dog Race, Swimming), and new ones have been added (Dog Frisbee, Pumpkin Day, Stocking Festival).

Tools are another thing they made some changes to. There are a lot more levels. A Mythic Watering Can is a sight to behold.

Graphics are all 2D
Days are half as long
Tools take more effort to level up

Many more things can be shipped
Completely different forageable goods during all seasons
2 new tool power levels, 3 new tool types
Maximum chickens is 8
Maximum cows/sheep is 16
No hothouse expansion
Gift-giving system is more complicated
pt1.

pt 2.

Animals gain affection when left outdoors
Heart growth for chickens is as slow as cows and sheep now
Can save anywhere, any time
Several new subscreens, more detail in general on all subscreens
Fish pond is now just a watering hole, can't buy fish food
Can have people visit from HM:AWL
Most Power Berries are received in different ways than in BTN
Start with 75 stamina, Power Berries only boost it by 5
You don't get your farm evaluated at all; FoMT is quite possibly the only HM that does not in some way have an ending as a result

FoMT is the newer game and has more things in it. I'd recommend it over BtN.

Off the top of my head one of the big changes is that they decided to shorten the days in game, so you progress through the year quicker.

I got a few questions for trio of town.
Who do I talk to to construct buildings like silos?
What's the mission for getting out of the D-rank lock? It says ship 30 crops to westown but I've done that.
What does dessie do in this game?

Anyone got any screencaps of the cute marriageable females in SoS: Trio of Towns?

>Who do I talk to to construct buildings like silos?
I assume it's Ludeus since he's the only one that does that sort of thing.

>What does dessie do in this game?
I think she manages the online, but I'm not completely sure about that.
She also rewards you after you accomplish some things in the game. I've read that someone was gifted an extra heart by her.

Only some pics of the brown twins.

Can you change your name in this game anytime?

Pretty sure it should be at the bookshelf in your house. If it's not at the bookshelf you'll probably have to talk to Witchie once she appears in Lulucoco. I read that Witchie is able to change things like your skin and hair color, so maybe she does names too?

The console it's on. PS1/PSP for BtN, GBA for FoMT.

FoMT is an expanded BtN, essentialy. There's some endgame items to accomplish that was not in BtN, like Blessed Tools or the Town Cottage. But apart from stylistic differences, not much is different.

Not that user but how does FoMT compare to ToTT, ANB, and SoS?

SoS is better. Since you can Crossdress.

At least Rune Prana isn't as long as the Eternal Tower of PS0. 101 floors with rooms full of monsters.

Is there a Nancy version?

What would you want to see in the new RF game?

That Venice-like city Selphy mentioned. And more Selphy.

Better husbandos

She laughs at your noob farming skills.

Cute maids.

xrd for surprise bag.

>After the marriage, the party found a surprise bag!
>Inside the surprise bag, there was a chastity belt!
>Inari got the chastity belt.
>Player lost their perverted hopes and dreams.