Overwatch General - /owg/

LEAVE GAME WHEN YOU'RE PISSED EDITION

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>The Oversheet (Damage values and other numbers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Stats and Leaderboards (Unofficial)
masteroverwatch.com

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4qjyok/ranked_is_really_busted_right_now_blizzard_needs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jeff fix KOTH or you'll have one less player I swear to GOD

Would you game with me, /owg/?

Fuck hunting a K/D I'm all about the win.

I heard you can get banned from the whole season if you sperg out too often.

IM POOR AND I NEED NEW MONITOR AND GPU

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>ragequitters

>A COIN FLIP.

My idea for a Sombra kit

Basic attack is the sniper rifle. Bodyshots would be super weak. Headshots would be huge damage. She has no SMG like Widow, or if she does it does really shitty damage.

E would be similar to Reapers teleport. Allowing her to get up to ledges and high places.

Shift would throw a destroyable trap that gives vision on enemies in an area.

Ult would be a zone she can place that guarantees her and her allies critical hits on all enemies standing within it. Not only does this have potential to win teamfights but also synergizes with the unique damage curve on her basic weapon.

thoughts?

I got rank 63 after placement

should I bother playing anymore ranked, considering it's so easy to lose ranks?

>Competitive

*GOOD

>won 7 out of 10 placement matches
>rank 47

Is this okay?
Two of my victories were stomps (half of the enemy team quit after the first round) and one loss was a stomp (half of our team left after the first round)

ep getting screamer's in my ranked.

Anybody want to play with me on eu ranked.
I've lost 3 points from people throwing 4 seconds in.

Empress#2288

>tfw unironically pretty good at Genji
>can never pick him because some other idiot is always playing him

;_;

Nope, just go back to quick play and brag about your rank to your friends. If you play ranked at all your rank will go down.

post ur stats

Some people played the shit out of closed or public beta and watched streams post launch. They might not have gotten around to buying the game until just this past weekend though.

that's what i figured. thanks user.

tracer is a cuck

place your bets faggots

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

>welcome to...
>DEFEAT

Would leaving a comp match before it started because I had 270ping for some fucking reason (normally 50-70), have shafted my ranked initial placement rating?

I'm not super great or anything but I ended up with 47 (climbed to 50 now after a few games), but overbuff is saying my averages are all decently above average

>tfw used to be pretty good at genji and pharah
>stop playing for a week
>genji and pharah boring as shit
>instead can't stop playing pic related, 76, and zarya

related, why has half the teams i've been against picked a roadhog against reaper?

It is now two games were neither my Damage nor Healing are shown when I tab and after the game. I also don't see any kind of medals. It just remains on 0/0/0. Even if didn't hit anybody in all of 2 games, I used my ult as soldier on a single phara. Still 0 dmg.

What is going on? Am I the only one?

yeah leave something like 15 games in a short enough time span and you're out

>31:41 objective time

Oh, I played mostly support and tank.

>Seagull complains about stomps over and over and getting matched with shitters because hes in a high rank 6 stack.
>he's too fucking scared to go solo.
L O L.

hard to say, since we dont know how good the players you're playing against are.

Don't worry, there is still hope for you. I went like 3/7 and got rank 51. It all depends on who you play against.

Hanzo is fun to play against

He also makes for a good teammate

nah

the fuck is a "challenger"

unranked??

>2 supports in top 4
>most healing done 8k

Step that support game up senpai

My friend is officially a shitter who doesn't know how to play the game.

Playing Anubis with friend. He's pushing through the temple as Rein, Soldier and Reaper pushing up the flanking sides. He decides he's died too many times and switched to Widowmaker.

And the enemy team has a competent Winston. I'm pretty fucking mad.

And he's a good mate. He just pays more attention to the suggestions than knowing what makes a good team.

>we don't have a tank. How do you play Zarya?

With a minute to go.

>Mercy catches me peeking
>Turns around and looks me dead in the eye
>Holds it for a solid minute until the game starts
Pretty hot desu

twitch isnt working for me

>tfw you'll have the first season icons to show you were there from the start

how you deal with 2 reapers and a roadhog at lijang: control center (that point in a huge building). you can't juke the reapers, since there is no room.

Probably ranked KOTH with Lucios/Tracers.

Yes because he sucks
No because he sucks

Shayed is the filthiest heal slut in the west

God damn that tracer is ugly

how many games can i leave before i got a season ban?
i already got 2 disconnects in my first 30 games

Reddit is pretty mad

"The fact that you win a KOTH map like Nepal and only get like 1/15th of a bar is absolutely outrageous. You lose on a payload map and you drop an entire rank. I dont know how this shit is acceptable. I played a super long ass game and both teams played their hearts out, one of the best games ive ever played, only to be crushed by the fact that our hard work didnt mean shit, We would have to do that about 14 more times in a row to gain a fucking rank. I cant even fucking fathom how they thought it was a good idea to release competitive like this... the fact that having over a 50% win rate can still get you rapidly demoted is insane!"

reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4qjyok/ranked_is_really_busted_right_now_blizzard_needs/

Reminder that your Waifu loves and is waiting for you.

cuck is for men

cuckquean is the proper term for a female cuck

>really shit at aiming, hardly ever get gold for eliminations and objective kills
>still get 60+ after placement

glad this game rewards playing smart instead of just playing skillfully

You're ugly, luv

Oh wait, I'm a retard. It's quick play stats.
Still, probably KOTH.

Consoles don't have ranked yet, so yes.

don't play ranked until you get a stable connection you filthy 3rd world monkey

image clearly says "quick play" baka senpai.

>Go Roadhog
>Another player goes Roadhog
>Two other players go Roadhog
>We all spend 30 seconds giving each other the Thumbs Up emote

It was worth it

like all the other games we played with the same mechanics?

we aren't going to care when it's relevant

It's a bug that was discovered last night.

. But yesterday I got into competitive and I lost every single placement match. I was put into rank 35. I've been miserably losing every single game since then and now I am in rank 26, and I keep losing. Perhaps I'll reach rank 1 soon.

I still love this game and I won't stop playing, don't get me wrong, it's okay. I've put a lot of time and effort in this game and I am still bad, and people tell me to "git gud" but I know that it's in my nature to plainly suck. People in team chats tell me I'm terrible and I just agree with them. (They never know what to say after that). But I'm scared. I'm scared of paparazzi waiting outside my house to ask me how does it feel to be one the absolute most terrible players. What if now people only talk to me because I'm one of the worst players ever? So they can brag to their friends about it. How am I going to top this? I can be successful in life, in my job, in everything, but it will never feel like being in the lowest rank in all Europe in competitive Overwatch. I think my life has built up to this and now it has no meaning at all.

So you should enjoy that rank 40. Or maybe 50, if you are rank 50 I will worship you like a deity. If you are rank 60 you can probably kill me by only vaguely thinking about it. If you are rank 70 you are equivalent to the forces of the universe to me. If you are rank 70 you are the one causing the rotation of the planet right now. You are amazing and you shouldn't listen to that player in chat telling you to uninstall your game because, I don't know, you killed yourself as Pharah with your own rockets or whatever. When someone gets play of the game and then they say "haha that was a terrible potg xD such skill", I can't wrap my head around it. What do you mean a terrible potg? You killed like 4 people with an ult while I was being my I-am-the-worst-player self dying 50 times as Tracer or something. To me you just did a work of art.

So her shift is literally just sonic arrow but shittier because you can destroy it.
Her E is just Reapers teleport.
Widow but with worse bodyshots AND worse defensive options.
Ult is just another area denial tool or AOE kill like D.va, Reaper, or Hanzo.
Congrats on just mashing up a bunch of heroes while watering down a bunch of their abilities.

Nigga do you even heal?

>Get to 51
>Play with friends
>Drop to 48 and hover between the two
>Many teenage trolls straight out of this thread spamming mics
I swear I have greying hair now.

thanks for the reply. got any info about my initial question?

Remove three characters from the game
Cannot be more than one from each category

Go

But every girl is a cuckqueen if the guy is hot enough

This is clearly pasted from reddit.

>Pick Symmetra for a nepal village koth
>"Fucking symmetra? Change that shit"
>Says the genji and hanzo
>Get to the point. Need about 5 seconds to really set up.
>Turrets causeing nightmares for enemy
>They are actually going winston just to look for turrets
>My car wash beam is literally mowing them down. Its like riot police with a fire hose
>They are getting such PTSD the enemy is literally running from me when they see the poo commin
>Set up a teleporter
>Play of the game both games

I actually now get play of the game every time I symmetra on Koth. She is a fucking sweeper when shes in the thick of things, and the teleports make it laughably one sided.

>>rank 47
>Is this okay?

anything near 50 should be good enough to avoid total clueless shitters once more of the placement matches work themselves out.

most of my group is around 50 and randoms we get and teams we face are least trying to play the game. As in no random players where you just wonder what they hell they are doing all round.

that's all I'm really looking for in ranked, better game with closer match making than quick play.

D.va
Hanzo
Genji

They really need to start banning trolls in ranked. Just had a team of five hanzos who went AFK in spawn, moving just enough to not trigger the automatic leave.

>LEAVE GAME WHEN YOU'RE PISSED EDITION
Already did today. After only three games. I'm tired to play support for a bunch of retards

Your 3 top played.

Genji, Hanzo, Dva
I ironically have 12 hours on both Genji and Dva

They only did that when they realized that all five of them couldn't carry your shitter ass

>Tracer (annoying cunt)
>Widow (annoying cunt)
>Roadhog (annoying cunt)

Pharah
Junkrat
Zenyatta

Brainless spammers need to fuck off from this game.

Mei
Symmetra
Uhh
Fuck it that's it. Just get rid of those two and I'll be happy.

>know for a fact that I could have got 60 or more if I didn't play with friends
>get 56 at 5-5
ehhhhhhhh ill take it

I won KOTH in a curb stomp. Got multiple golds. This is the rank addition I got. Blizz acknowledged there's a bug

>leaving the game
>not just switching to mei and trollling your team for the rest of the match

Hanzo, Genj, Symmetria

I'd also be fine removing hanzo three times

>really shit at aiming
I had this too, I noticed it is because I twitched too much with too high sensitivity, so I'd swoop too far every time.
I got a larger mousemat, lowered my sensitivity, and am trying to force myself to make more fluent movements; in just an hour or 2 I'm already noticing a big difference.

Mercy

good choices
>all characters that attract complete shitters
>the characters themselves are completely outshined by other heros in the same group

10/10 would agree with again.

THATS what you think ranked is?

Hue

> team getting rekt by a Tracer, including me
> switch to Tracer
> shit down her throat because it turns out she crutches on her mobility and can't aim at someone as slippery as her

get fucked you garbage, Tracers are such a pain in the ass if your team isn't coordinated

Soldier, Mei, D.Va

Hanzo
Widow
Genji

>Pharah
>spammer

lmao

post more of that ass

I MAIN GENJI

What is your problem with Symmetra?

>tfw audibly acknowledged for dropping the beat at the right moment

Mercy
Lucio
Torbjorn

There, now people have to aim at each other and learn where the health packs are.

>all these sad people voting to remove anyone who requires aiming

>spamming with Zenyatta
???????????

Torb (Bland TF2 clone with fucking generic dwarf aesthetic)

I put votes from the other category directly onto Torb

>Overwatch just released.
>Comp is already the biggest fuck up ever.
WHAT ELSE WILL THEY DO IN THE FUTURE, DEAR GOD.

>be against Roadhog
>headshot him twice
>he tanks it because he only has 600 HP
>he finally realizes im there
>he hooks
>i see it clearly fly past me but it doesn't matter because roadhog doesn't miss hooks, he has happy little accidents
>he holds down m1
>i die
>he presses E and heals to full

OH NO NO NO
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME?

I GOT OUTPLAYED AGAIN!