/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 30th:
1688 – The Immortal Seven issue the Invitation to William (continuing the English rebellion from Rome), which would culminate in the Glorious Revolution.
1908 – The Tunguska event occurs in remote Siberia.
1917 – World War I: Greece declares war on the Central Powers.
1934 – The Night of the Long Knives, Adolf Hitler's violent purge of his political rivals in Germany, takes place.
1936 – Emperor Haile Selassie of Abyssinia appeals for aid to the League of Nations against Italy's invasion of his country.
>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
mediafire.com/download/
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
moddb.com/mods/hearts-of-panzers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Reminder to remove kebab

How do I Finland lads?

Incoming failgroup butthurt.

reminder to report and ignore steamgroup shitposters

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01*°
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v1.5*°
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1*
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.5*
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>>[V2] Liquor and Bureaucrats Mod 1.2*°
mediafire.com/download/ r1s3v3z0d17ctya/liquornbureaucrats.rar

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin*
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

* The R&I will hate you if you download this
° Alex da Silveira and his Grandi Youth will hate you if you download this.

pls upload HOI patch, i need this

The game is still shit desu lad.

Sent

thanks rob

>go from CK2 to EU4
>no levies, all armies are like retinues with super Wolverine regeneration
>fort level 0 is a thing that exists for non-nomads
>forts project magical forcefields that make counties like Barcelona impossible to enter by land despite not having a fort on its own
>development
>events are boring due to the lack of character focus and minimalistic flavor text, and are almost always lose-lose
>Spaniards have access to Irish soldiers for some reason

Jesus christ. I'm sure there's more dumb stuff I haven't noticed yet.

alcohol is shit, but i still need it, fuck me right?
thx, i appreciate the moral support

EU is shit but seems like you think EU 4 is CK 3, which it's not.

based cobra

It should be though.

Google it

>it should be though
lmao no it shouldn't. ck2 wasn't even around when the first EU was made.

Also just for laughs I tried to import a CK2 save into EU4 and it started me off at -18.6 income. Cool.

The converter is infamously broken

Does somebody have a link to the converters?

t.pirate.

Codreanu

No never

Why?

TRIANON

You are too dumb to have it

Could you stop posting these please? It's very triggering knowing that the horsefuckers were even allowed a state and not simply driven back to the urals.

t.video game elitist

I know that it is available on github, but I really dislike github and stuff from there doesn't download properly.

the converter section on reddit

treddit

>he doesn't click through the entire song when picking who to play in CK2

Has the pilgrimage option been removed from ck2?

Lads what are the most aesthetic borders for a Maronite Phoenicia?

What game?

>watching marco's luxembourg world conquest
>he's talking about the battleplan ai fucking up and missing the big picture
>"maybe it was arumba that coded this"
savage

No but you need SoA I think

t. marco cheesetonio

guys should i go for the new world as Tunisia or expand south into Africa in EU 4? (all DLC btw)

also is Fezzan even possible to play as?

I'm sorry arumba please don't push me off a balcony like you pushed your wife's son.

is the music mod for hoi4 working for anyone?keeps crashing the game for me

>republic
you fucked up
enjoy having a fucked up army comp due to only having light troops

Did he really do this?

appearances can be so deceiving

i feel NOTHING

Why is Quill way easier to watch than Arumba?

I did that for shekels so I could spam mercenaries at the Moslems and it's worked. Plus I hedge my bets more by marrying off family members to the HRE emperor.

Ive been getting into HoI4 as Germany and its been going decent, even managed to conquer half of brittain before Uncle Stalin started his wild ride to berlin. Any tips on dealing with the Soviets and their trillion divisions?

give me a goal in DH, im playing kaiserreich

can i play crusader kings 2 with 2 gbs ram?

I have a shitty pc (that can run EU 4 and victoria 2 perfectly)
core 2 duo E4600
Nvidia GT610
2 gbs ram

I'm asking cuz i know of that problem with CK 2 crashing when auto saving if it doesn't get 4gbs of ram

so can i run it or not?
i don't mind a lag really im used to it but like will it crash late game and not let me save cuz it ran out of memory?

Reform the British empire as canada

Vic 2 has way more shit going on in the background than CK2, so you should be fine

Apostolic or Paulician? ck2

CKII runs way worse for me than V2 or any other pdox game really.

Just downloaded DH + kaiserreich, what nation should I start as to learn the ropes?

ITALIA IRREDENTA

United Spics of America Soon™

this

I don't care much for FPS i just don't want the game crashing on me when autosaving and not let me manual save at all

>tfw you realise that poles are actually the master race

>Brzeczyszczykiewicz

>that faint red in rome
why

I really don't get it at all
Did the Persians share an ethenic group with the Alans or some shit? Who the fuck ran all the way to Poland and outbred everyone, or is it that everywhere else got outbred?

Vandals and Goths I guess?

MegacampaignGuy, Balkanmod release when?

Which Germany was better lads?

East or West?

United.

no child abuse

grossgermania

yeah, mercs balance republics out when youre small, but if you blob you will have way too many LI in your army

DDR uniforms looked more prussian so yeah, it's a pretty clear cut.

The year was 1945, the 2nd Weltkrieg had ravaged the world for 6 years. In winter 1944 the Syndicalists had crossed the Rhine and in summer 1944 the Entente launched a massive invasion to take back Britain. There is a 3 way Weltkrieg between the Entente, Syndicalists and the now crippled Mitteleuropa. The day is April 26th 1945 and the Syndicalists are are flooding into Berlin.
Heinrich, the newest chief member of the German Imperial Army general staff knocked desperately on the Kaiser's door.
"Kaiser! i have urgent news!" Exclaimed young Heinrich
It has been a hard 6 years for Kaiser Wilhelm II and every year it had become more apparent that he would lose this war. He never expected another Weltkrieg to break out, especially one that the German Empire would lose. Everyday it became harder and harder for the 94 year old to get out of bed and the crippling defeats the German Empire had taken to the Syndicalists and Entente had demoralized him and the rest of the nation horribly. He struggled to get out of bed this morning.
"Heinrich my boy, come in" said Kaiser Wilhelm II in an old, raspy voice
Heinrich opened the door in an urgent manner, his face was pale as a ghost
"Mein Kaiser! The syndies are inside the Reichstag!"
The Kaiser couldn't believe it. The Syndicalists weren't supposed to make it inside the Reichstag for the next week! He almost let out a tear but held it back. He knew what the Syndicalists had done to his cousins and the Pope.
"Nein" the Kaiser painfully mumbled under his breath
Heinrich left the Kaiser's room only to be shot in the hallway by a young French soldier. He painfully made his way back to the Kaiser's room.
"Mein Kaiser..... They're here....." said Heinrich in his dying breath grabbing on to Kaiser Wilhelm II
Kaiser Wilhelm II took Heinrich's Mauser from his cold dead hands. The Kaiser also took his Pickelhaube off his desk and placed it upon his head.

"I failed you, Germania" said the Kaiser to himself as he could hear the French soldiers outside.
There were 4 French soldiers down the hall. The Kaiser shot two, killing one and wounding the other.
"Retraite!" exclaimed one of the French soldiers. They had taken too many losses and were falling back to regroup.
The Kaiser knew they would be back with more troops. He knew there was no way out of this. He picked up a fuel canister being carried by one of the French soldiers he had just killed and took it back up to his room and emptied the fuel contained inside. He took a pack of cigars and a lighter off Heinrich's body and lit one. He then threw it into the fuel setting it ablaze. After this was done he sat himself in the corner of the room.
"I`m sorry, Germania." said the Kaiser in a somber voice
He put the Mauser into his mouth and pulled the trigger making him the last Hohenzollern to rule Germany.

I feel like it should be possible to balkanize Germany a lot more in HPM. All you can do is release some polish majority land

I didn't know who that guy was so I watched one of his videos. He is boring as fuck and sounds like a douchebag.

More importantly, how did the Second War break out this time?

Is CSA user still around? I always wondered if HPM put in all the stuff you recommended.

ebin

[HoI4] - Hearts of Panzers v1
moddb.com/mods/hearts-of-panzers

:"(

Never played a GS game before, is Endless Legend a good hopping on point?

Nice legflaps fag

is this the birth of an epic new pasta

South Tirol is rightful ______ clay

american

Slovenian

French

Radical yugoslavian

European Union

Ottoman

t. leftypol

liquorian

Abyssinian

Should I get HoI 3 or 4?

I just want to play Vicky 2 with nazis

Venetian

>clay
you have to go back

3 with all the dlcs

>Burmese Vietnam
How does this even happen?

Depends.

If you liked stellaris then HOI 4 is just for you.
If you want actual detail and don't mind obscene levels of micromanagement (or if you have legendary autism levels) then HOI 3 will do.

Get the Black Ice mod while you're at it.

>Steelmod
lad...

Rate. Red is intended borders, with yellow being additions to those borders with changeowner. Blue are puppets. I might also grab colonies in Libya and the Congo (the latter is provided I'm not a GP by the time the Congo Conference occurs).

sidon to antioch, maybe cilicia as a bonus

>cheating