/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Thread LATEST NEWS-
>Persona 5 will be releasing September 15th in Japan; February 14th in North America; TBA in Europe
>Caligula will be released Spring 2017
>Persona 5 stream confirmed for July 19th
>PS4 exclusive Collector's Edition for Japan and NA
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for preorders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5A: The Day Breakers to air in September 2016
>New Dengeki Playstation Magazine to feature P5 news June 23rd
>Winter of Rebirth releases on BD August 3rd, 2016
>20th anniversary concert to take place on August 13th, 2016
>Next Persona Magazine to release Summer 2016
>20th Anniversary FES to take place at 3331 Arts Chiyoda in December 2016

-SCANS-
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

-INFO-
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
-GUIDES-
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

-DOWNLOADS-
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua

-MANGA-
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3
Anonymous 06/29/16(Wed)01:25:50 N

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/YuriLowenthal/status/740329714485600256
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugène_François_Vidocq
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/49/Vidocq2001.jpg)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephine_Balsamo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Best girl

>Mariefags all over again

Best twins.

When will the Phantom Thieves steal Kanamin's heart?

Not nearly enough giant tits in persona.

Persona is realistic and not many Japanese girls have large breasts.

Kanamin's tits are fake, Rise is right.

>Persona is realistic

Yeah, that's why Kanamin complains about them growing bigger again

The characters are, yes.

Character proportions are fairly realistic, at least compared to most JRPGs.

>blue-haired transgender detective wiz kid
>red-haired motorcycle-riding extremely proper rich girl
>green-haired shy girl
>silver-haired 16 year-old stud muffin
>a robot
>a social link with a dog

Most of the outliers are in Persona 3 oddly enough.

design-wise, it seems like they were still sort of groping for an identity somewhat with p3. trying to figure out how much and in what direction this big soft-reboot departure would take the series.

I demand more social links with cats

>Molesters on /pg/

>Furries on /pg/

I love Anne.

I love Anne's annes.

Names are for friends, so I don't need one.

I don't love any of the Persona5 girls yet because I haven't gotten to know them, but I'll give Futaba a try in February because I like nerd girls.

What's objectively the best persona game?

persona 5

Fate Stay/Night

SMT if...

>nerd girls
literally the worst archetype every time it rears its head on either side of pacific

Jack Bros, followed closely by SMT: NINE

eh, the movie was better

But that's wrong. Please note I include the book-lovers/librarian types in this category as well.

well that's being careless with your classifications.

Diamond is Unbreakable

persona 4 but not golden

I don't think so, especially since there can be quite a bit of overlap. Especially when you get those characters who try to hide it.

Digital Devil Saga 2.

1/2

A Social Link with Lena Dunham

>Rank 1: Meet a girl behind the school wearing a mesh see-through tank-top. She's popping Xanax. She isn't very pretty, but the conversation is nice enough. You tell her you'll hang out with her again

>Rank 2: You two go to a restaurant, and she insists on going in her pajamas.

>Rank 3: You're hanging out at a bar. A girl approaches Lena and says mean things, alluding to her past. You try to comfort Lena, but she runs away crying

>Rank 4 Lena wants to be the Gourmet King

>Rank 5: You are walking along the riverbank, and you overhear Lena arguing with the girl from S.Link 3. She is her sister, and Lena did something horrible years ago that caused trauma in their family. You ask Lena about it later, and she pretends she doesn't know what happened. You go out for cheeseburgers and milkshakes. You walked partway home with Lena

>Rank 6 You and Lena go to a movie theater and watch Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit. For some reason, Lena snaps in the middle of the movie theater and calls you a rapist. No matter what dialogue choice you choose, she will run away, leaving you alone. You feel you know Lena better now.

2/2

A Social Link with Lena Dunham

>Rank 7: Lena invites you to her house for her birthday. After her 12th mini-cupcake, she asks you if God forgives sinners. You tell her yes.

>Rank 8: You and Lena go to the novelty cat sweater shop. Her sister, her father, and her mother appear from behind a display to confront her. You learn that Lena maybe molested her sister throughout their years growing up. After her family leaves, Lena looks at you. With tears in her eyes, she says "And by the way, if you were a little kid and never looked at another little kid's vagina, well, congrats to you." You walk home separately.

>Rank 9: Lena is blushing and smiling shyly. She wants to speak with you on the roof of the school. On the roof, she grabs your hand. She looks deep into your eyes and presses her body against yours. "If the situations described in my book have been painful or triggering for people to read, I am sorry, as that was never my intention.” Your relationship with Lena has grown closer.

>Rank 10: Lena invites you to her room. It's an absolute mess, there's dirty laundry everywhere, and it smells like hot farts. She blushes again, kisses you on the cheek and says, "My mother didn’t bother asking why I had opened Grace’s vagina." Lena moves closer. She chokes you to sleep. The last thing you see before you close your eyes Lena's unshaved vagina. You spent a long time with Lena.

im sorry

You should be.

No need to be sorry.

why

Headcanon time:
Makoto would vote for Trump

I don't like what I'm looking at

No she wouldn't.

>high gpa
>voting for trump

>A dog
>A bear
>A cat

What's next? A rat?

Will he still be a teenager when he gets revived in Persona 5?

A bird.

But Yukiko's already basically vermin.

> Tfw the temptation to replay P3 and P4 is creeping up on me.

I have so many unfinished games but the ones that cry out to me are all games I've cleared and loved.

A cute vermin tho

>A social link with an autistic girl

But you have to admit it's at least the second-best piece of high-concept internet humor I've contributed to this board.

Why would /pg/ want to social link with me?

I want to see if you're worth waifu status or not.

TATSUMI PORT ISLAND?

welcome back

I played digimon story cyber slueth to get the shakes out

So, it looks like no Yuri Lowenthal in the P5 dub.

twitter.com/YuriLowenthal/status/740329714485600256

Arahabaki

I call bullshit

He's probably still doing background voices.

>no Yuri samefag voice in P5
Dub is already looking up.

It'll be a dark day when Ashley Burch is confirmed for Anne.

>Thank you!

The /pg/ memes are spreading. Also more like Atlus didn't want to pay his asking fees

I was under the impression Lowenthal was paid in peanuts and coupons, not actual currency.

Of course he's not in the dub, he's not an Atlus USA intern

First everyone is going to be Yuri, now Atlus can't afford Yuri. Make up your damn mind, /pg/

Say what you want about the shotgun casting for Naoto's original voice acting but it was fucking great. The line reading during her valentines day date is particularly magnificent.

I don't even care if it was voiced by the fat girl from HR, I can't argue with results.

>yfw Yuri "The man who voiced the world" Lowenthal won't be dubbing in P5

>tfw

>Ryuji is Johnny Yong Bosch
Well it's not dwarf fortress... what is this?

Conversely, Atlus USA has yet to hire any voice actors beyond Morgana, who was likely a panic hire to have something English to show at E3.

I honestly can't stand her new VA, her voice kills me inside. There's just something so...wrong about it.

Akechi Goro's Persona possible candidate :
>Sherlock Holmes
>Inspector Ganimard
>Inspector Javert
>Vidocq
>Monsieur Lecoq

I think the most fitting persona for Goro is Vidocq if you look at Vidocq's wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugène_François_Vidocq

>Eugène François Vidocq, July 24, 1775 – May 11, 1857, was a French criminal and criminalist whose life story inspired several writers, including Victor Hugo, Edgar Allan Poe, and Honoré de Balzac. The former criminal became the founder and first director of the crime-detection Sûreté Nationale as well as the head of the first known private detective agency, Vidocq is considered to be the father of modern criminology and of the French police department.He is also regarded as the first private detective.

While Vidocq is a former criminal who later join the police force, Goro here is a police detective that eventually will join the Phantom Thieves and became a criminal, ironically.

One more thing, there's a possible of hint of Goro's heist mask : if you google Vidocq movie, the antagonist of the said movie wear's a glass mask (upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/49/Vidocq2001.jpg)

I've been a Naotofag from the start, but I'm okay with her later voice. It's not quite as good, but I make do.

If the one in DAN is the same one as PQ then I think I know what it is. They likely hired an English actress who was more faithful to the Japanese voice actress. It was much deeper and not as aristocratic, but also lost a bit of the feminine touch.

>all these fucking europeans
he's named after kogoro akechi, it's probably either him or another nip detective

The personas so far are focusing on gaijin culture though. Yusuke aside (and Yusuke is a bit of an uptight and weird nationalist from the looks of it.) they are pretty international.

It's funny because it's literally Atlus' voice director voicing new Naoto.

>Self-inserting what is probably her favorite character and at many points the most plot significant side character

jesus christ how horrifying

so she's putting in two mediocre performances instead of just one

And there's Futaba with her ridable Lovecraftian Grimoire

And Makoto riding on a Pope

Is persona 4arena still alive?

What's your favorite party?

>A game about brainwashing adults

She is so lewd, how can the other girls even compete?

Yeah, her body language in both art and in-game are so slutty, that now I have no doubt in my mind that she's Lovers.

By not being slutty.

Daily reminder that Countess Cagliostro aka Josephine Balsamo will be P5 final boss in true ending. In case you don't know her, she's the Mother of Thieves and also the lover & antagonist of Arsene Lupin.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephine_Balsamo

It will be Izanami & Nyx all over again unless Nyarlathotep makes an appearance

>yfw the harassed lady at the beginning of the game is Countess Cagliostro in disguise.
>yfw she secretly stole Phantom-kun's heart while he's trying to rescue her.

>Izanami word for word
That'd be lame as fuck

No, Balsamo is Goro's final persona.

They can't.

Is mi'lady refering to any specific lady? it's kinda weird that all the others have proper nouns.

Is it Lady Gadiva? Can I get socially awkward Haru to ride through Akiba completely naked?

Milady de Winter

Milady de Winter, a 3 Musketeers character. She went by just milady a lot so its not that strange.

Any party with Kanji, that dude is seriously hot