XCOM General - /xcg/

MEC Returns Edition

Previous Mission: News:

1)Shen's Last Gift DLC Rleased!!!

2)
XCOM 2 officially coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 6th.
>twitter.com/XCOM/status/740181548419272705

3)
Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

4)
Long War Studios are working on more mods for XCOM2. The first in a planned series of five is live on Workshop + Nexus now, and is called Long War Toolbox.
>xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-creating-more-xcom-2-mods
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674832831
Also cosmetic mod author Capnbubs - maker of the most endorsed mod on the workshop - has been signed onto the LWS team to model stuff.

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Piratez mod for OpenXCom: openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Music to Arm yourself up:
>youtube.com/watch?v=JWHA0h4SC9A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oHG_abjJLPM
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=618390218
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

arms are useful

To those having the game freeze during customization post all your cosmetic mods to me so I can narrow down what's causing this.

*except on robots

My cosmetic mods are working fine (the pool stutters when I select them, but otherwise no problem). I'm more worried that some freshly broken gameplay mod is going to render the game unplayable some hours into a campaign.

Everything deserves arms, especially robots

what game play mods are you running?

>Leave XCOM 2 on the brink of alien rulers release
>it's actually playable FPS-wise for me
>try back after """Shen's last gift"""
>Runs like a steaming pile of shit
Don't get me wrong, my current hardware needs an upgrade, but the fact that i could run the game with textures on high and some others while having 40-ish FPS was good enough, BEFORE those DLC's
Now the main menu is around sub 20, didn't even bother playing

Nice meme

What's Astepa?

>tfw you have lots of mecha models but dont know shit about rigging or xcom2 modding

>putting arms on robots instead of on the torsos of needy amputees
you sicken me

>Don't get me wrong, my current hardware needs an upgrade, but the fact that i could run the game with textures on high and some others while having 40-ish FPS was good enough, BEFORE those DLC's
>Now the main menu is around sub 20, didn't even bother playing
I feel like there is something funky going on here, other people are reporting better performance.

Beep boop motha fucka

You think i will stop there next im putting arms on planes and DOGS

youtu.be/oHG_abjJLPM

Shen's Last Gift trailer. Should be in the OP.

Should it?

Squad Notoriety, Squad Cohesion, Mission Penalty Rebalance, Second Wave options, Remove Aim Assist, Additional PCS, Improved AI, Marathon Mode, Stop Wasting My Time

My worries may be completely unfounded, I'm just scarred from post-patch days in other mod-heavy games.

Is this the Human Revolution?

Maybe it'll run better after a good night rest, after my computer cooled off and all those shit processes terminate, but for now i'm fucked and need to find a job

Friendly reminder that you share a thread with 12-year olds that can't handle it when their games stop working because of updates.

stop wasting my time is working and by improved ai do you mean ABA or something else

does it work mid campaign or do i need to start a new one

I don't want to be reminded of that

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=618390218

Friendly reminder that cosmetics and modding was a selling point for the game
Also the MAGNIFICENT DESIGN can be a bit too much sometimes, and loosing things you put time in can be the last straw for some
I understand him, and you're just being a dickhead
t. a bit pissed the time i put into character pool is fucked now

I want the music from that trailer in game.

It should but I'd ask the modder and see if you can get a reply, but I dont see anything wrong in your list maybe start a new campaign and test it just a few missions maybe

>adds Mec's
>it's Johnny 5 with legs

neat.

Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks, user.

Anyone seen this graphical flicker bug before?

spark model mods w h e n

Occasionally, yes. Quick save - quick load usally works for me.

You get to the cloud district very often?

Should just blast this dude for the memes

the first one without name are the planetside2 helmets
also i have destroyer's female hair mod but it doesn't show on the list

So, wait. Some people had their character pools entirely fucked, some merely had their modded cosmetics reset to vanilla stuff, and some escaped the issue altogether? What kind of whimsical shit is this?

A E S T H E T I C

Beats me F am

By the time its all sorted out it won't be whimsical at all.

This is my list

That MEC looks awful.

XCOM 2 was a complete disappointment.

>95 turn timer

guerrila war

Jake said you can get the sparks, but you aren't going to be able to do the story mission.

That MEC Looks ok

You're a disappointment.

Also there are more head options if you care.

didnt saw this post but here is mine:

I disagree

Seriously though, this happens to EVERY game that is modded in one way or another, it doesn't matter how many times some developer says that they're gonna support modding. Updates are gonna break them either way, I just think you're perceiving the way they're supporting modding wrong.

But is the story really worth it?

Some of us started the game, then closed it, then reopened it again and found everything completely fine.

You should've done that, user. Though my character pool stuff occasionally freezes so I'm leaving it alone for now.

So how long do you reckon it'll be before we see Rule34 art of Shen getting fucked by a SPARK?

there is some good banter with shen, bradford and the other guy
i probably play it once and turn it off later just like the nest mission

I like the look of the mech. Reminds me of the bots you saw in Elysium.

>Download DLC
>re-enable all mods
>Launch
>No mods working
>Play a little anyways
>Quit
>Subscribe to another mod
>Enable it
>Play
>Suddenly mods working again, including cosmetics

The only issue I have is that suddenly my ODST helmets have fucked up visor textures.

That's exactly what I did, I'm not having any problems personally. I'm just baffled by the sheer variation in problems reported.

I don't know but your comment probably just cut it down by 10%

Also is captcha being retarded for anyone else.

I knew I missed something.

Draw me something I dont care if you cant draw make it and post it here

Absolutely it turns my screen white and each time I click the opacity starts to return to normal

Can someone explain to me why so many people have been shitting on xcom 2 in here?

Is it just because they prefer the older ones and are assblasted that people are talking about the game they don't like in the general?

Also, I'm about to start TFTD on open xcom and after that try to play apoc. Anyone have some fanpatches or anything for apoc that makes it more approachable? Openxcom has spoiled me.

Are we the good guys still?

Oh good its not just me. Stupid captcha

Because its new. People were blasting XCOM1 when it was new. Also it trys to do somethings different, that's a big no no.

I have no knowledge of fan patches concerning Apocalypse unfortunately

That reminds me how much I hate the art style in XCOM EU. Everything looked like it was made of plastic like a kids toy or something. The proportions of everything felt way off.

>the answer to mod problems is more mods
Brilliant

Some people just like to shit on things, and they tend to be vocal about it.

My main gripe was the gorilla-proportioned male soldiers, and the oversized weapons. The second problem persists in X2, but doesn't bother me as much for some reason.

Mod it until it breaks

Then mod it more until it works again

at least it beats the surge of S H E N W H E N

god i hated that so much

B-But what about muh Pistols!

Aren't they Useful?

>killing snek
No, user. You are the bad guys.

They are.
Why wouldn't they be?

Really? I think the weapons in XCOM 2 fit really well with the soldiers. The tier 2 mag weapons can be pretty bulky looking, but I think that's by design. They are supposed to be clunky, barely functioning, scrapped together weapons with exposed wiring and no finish. Then for some reason the tier 3 weapons look like beautifully machined full production weapons suitable for a showroom.

Also the captcha is fucking up and it's really annoying.

>Not having your own sneks to kill other sneks with

Snek deserved it you

Ask me again when no humans are ground into genome slushies, and I'll let you know.

pistols are useful

are you happy now

would by any chance have the image of sneaky pistol?

But I do, user. I use Playable Ayys for a reason beyond snek waifu

YOU ARE UNDER ARREST BY THE SNEK POLICE

thanks comrades

Pistols are useful

>>pistols are useful

YAY!!

You know what you have to do, user.

why does Firaxis have to make everything XCOM has looks less cool then the advent stuff? have to friendly up the MEC's by renaming them Sparks and giving those damn WALL-E faces

>never need to reload (?)
>immune to weapon malfunction
breddy gud

So I figured out how to make capnbubs accessories and all other mods work with the new DLC/patch today. Just verify integrity of game cache in steam.

Just be careful, that blood isn't there because she got or nothin'.

[She's on her snek-period is what I'm sayin'/spoiler]

Tell me user

Even the ayys agree that Pistols are Useful.

GIVE

HER

THE

D.

>Rleased!!!
nice typo faggot

Thats mighty lewd friend

>council mission pops up 2 seconds before scan a continent away is about to finish
FUCK, JUST LET ME STAY THERE FOR THE TIME IT TAKES TO TAKE A SHIT FUCK OFF

Beagles?

Snek is for lewd.