/owg/ Overwatch General

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>/owg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1uOqymySz22QFhC6S19HPb8WKJBDNd3ILj679bW2Sk

>The Oversheet (Damage values and other numbers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Stats and Leaderboards (Unofficial)
masteroverwatch.com

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4qmav5/heres_the_crux_of_all_of_these_etiquette/
masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/us
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>yfw offense on anubis

Are you above average /owg/?

>consolepleb
>playing comp
>almost everyone has a mic
>we can actually plan shit out and people are legitimately TRYING for once
>totally opposite to quickplay
>having a lot of fun with it

I'm on 9-1 and holy fuck, this is the best. I'm never going back. Hanzo and Genjishitters are almost nowhere to be found, too.

i'm at 62 so i guess

Hana Song!

I agree with adding stopwatch and sudden death is stupid, but overtime isn't really that shitty of a mechanic, and if they can cap the point back and keep you from taking it back in overtime, they should win. It isn't that hard to stop an enemy team from winning in OT, and if your entire team manages to crumble and let another team win in OT you're just shit.
I WOULD BE IF IT WASNT FOR THE FUCKING KOTH GLITCH
REEEEE

That's my favorite map , since the key to win is just to rush it with Rein / Lucio

skill rating is pointless in a game like overwatch if you solo queue, it literally just depends on how shit your team is. You could be the best player in the world but if you get a shit team you'll get a shit rank.

R...really? I only have the console version so I can play with my normie friends, if the comp is good I might switch over

I started below average, at 47, because I dunno, I'm a shitter
Outside of my placement matches, I've gone 12-3 (went 5-5 in placement matches, lost 3 due to trolls and the other 2 due to shitter teammates who I was not good enough to carry unfortunately), and now I'm rank 53, and rising because for some reason I'm good enough to carry shitters against shitters
I feel like I was cheated into being a dogshit rank, everyone here is awful
inb4 dunning kruger

so 61 is the 97th percentile

Daily reminder Roadhog is the hottest male

Yeah, really. This is the first time in a while I've been having fun. There's actual challenge and talking so we can plan stuff out. Plus almost no one is violently rushing points by themselves. Pushes are happening.

Join us, man. It's comfy.

>pretty much a normal distribution
I'm sincerely amazed. Also I am the 50th percentile

>That image
I ship Zarya and Roadhog.

There needs to be more of these two. This is one of the first pieces of art I've seen with them interacting. It's a shame, their characters would have such great chemistry.

What is the best way to organise comms when playing ranked with a stack? I'm not talking about whether to use discord or teamspeak, but rather how to organise callouts and prevent it being a general clusterfuck of information that confuses people most of the time

Why does Baconboulevard sound American if he's from Australia

>playing Reaper
>flank entire attacking team on Hanamura and catch them by surprise with ultimate
>4 people killed with ult and two remaining cleaned up with shotgun blasts
>my first solo-ish team kill, extremely proud, going to download the potg
>match over
>it's fucking genji
>ulting 4 people in Zarya ult
>gets prioritized since they were on point

I'm not saying it's unfair or whatever but I'm just sad and had to share.

WTF YOU ONLY GET ONE LITTLE SLIVER OF XP TO THE NEXT RANK AFTER A WIN

FUCKING HELL

ONE MORE WIN ON MY PLACEMENTS WOULD HAVE BEEN WORTH LIKE 20X THIS SHIT

Callouts will be made soon enough, dont worry.

Which Mercy skin should I get? I've got enough for a legendary but I really like the way Cobalt looks..

Time to level up my account then. Later, peeking hanzo

where he neck at :\

When is random brawl coming back? After like 60 hours I haven't touched the game in 3 days and my desire to play is 0. The only thing I can think of as fun right now would be random heroes.

>playing healer in ranked
>d.va sitting near point
>Silently yelling move on the point seeing as how there is no move forward button
>time is getting closer to being over
>MOVE FORWARD
>JUST GET ON THE POINT
>MOVE IM HEALING YOU, YOU'RE FINE
>DEFEAT
>In chat
>"D.VA YOU DUMB BITCH YOU WERE RIGHT THERE JUST WALK FORWARD"
>"there were 4 :("

SO WHAT WAS THE ALTERNATIVE
JUST LOSE?
WHY
I FUCKING HATE RANKED

>Just checked master overwatch
>66th percentile despite being rank 50
Weird, I though that rank would be the average

Anyone else wish they'd add more voice lines like tf2? Things like nice shot, help!, move up and go go go!

>enemy team has 3 Pharah, 1 junkrat
>literally kebab

Let's see those Ranked stats so far /owg/

78th percentile at rank 53 here. Is the average Overwatch player worse than we thought, or is masteroverwatch glitched?

>His in game animation confirms his snout

Depends on the standard deviation I guess? It's possible that the site only tracks the people who use it, so that's be a non random sample. Where's the distribution map from?

god fucking any time this shit happens
>dashing desperately up to the point as 99/99 overtime counts down
>two remaining teammates literally strafing back and forth 1 foot outside the perimeter of the point
>I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU

reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4qmav5/heres_the_crux_of_all_of_these_etiquette/

>ctrl+F "gg ez"

never change, reddit.

Nice shot is actually there already, you just can't manually say it.

We care

>Veeky Forums is full of edgy 13 year olds who have no self control so they talk shit all game
>Reddit behaves like adults
Nothing new here

from masteroverwatch:

masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/us

>Veeky Forums is full of people who can take the bantz
>Reddit is full of people who cannot take the bantz
FTFY, fellow Redditor :)

>tfw no Junkrat/Zarya shipping pictures

If I get first pick in ranked (which I often do) I just go 76.

Is this bad? I thought the point of him was he's always a decent pick.

>first pick
This isn't League of Legends, everyone picks at once.

Are you good with him? If yes then it's fine.

>offense on Anubis
>win in less than a minute

Sometimes it happens, and it's beautiful

Because Blizzard decided to save some money on voice acting and got the same guy who voiced S76 to voice Roadhog.

I'm a fan of that VAs work, he voiced some of my favorite heroes from Dota 2 and many iteration of the Hulk

Why do his nipples get darker when he takes off the mask?

If you main:
McCree
Reaper
Mei
Hanzo
Genji
You're probably a cunt.

Bantz is basically code for acting like a 12 year old

ranked make me so fucking angry.
Literally SOMEONE HAS TO FUCKING GO HANZO EVERY FUCKING ROUND.
>HURR GR EVEN THOUGH YOU GOT STEAMROLLED

Guess I'm above average then kek. Still weird, it looks like the graph is centered around 50 rank

I really wonder if roadhog would die if you pulled his mask off.

Because it's extremely painful

I need comp players because solo play is killing me

Frosty#14753

I am 54 or 55 atm

>someone gets disconnected
>unable to reconnect
>huge red bar over the score
>enemy team spouting memes and how ez the game was
>game 5 tied 99-99 in overtime
>lose three levels from 62 to 59
fuck this game

It'd be extremely painful

You could say that about any hero. It's 100% true for Widow and Mei though
It would be extremely painful

>healing

The animated spray looks like garbage. I feel like you should get something way better if you're top 500.

Golden gun look like garbage. Everyone should just get them automatically.

> 2 people dc on team during a winning payload.
> can't avoid loss.

Wow. Fuck that.

where do I see it?

Yeah but at least "golden gun" is a what you read is what you get thing. The guns are just golden.

But the animated spray took like maybe a minute max to make.

Can't play right now, but do I have to add people on my battle.net in order to play with them on premade in overwatch?

It'll be in the hero gallery sprays

Also a youtube vid of it out there

whats funny is you cant recconect when you are winning, blizzard has addressed it and are gunna fix it in season 2

fun game :)

>and are gunna fix it in season 2
>season 2
Great game, Blizzard

I believe so, unless we have a mutual friend to invite us both

>calibrated at 49

i cant bear the shame
goodbye cruel world

use the id list in the op

season 2 is in like 2 months

but its kinda dumb that they are waiting that long to release it if they know they can release it earlier

Stop posting in 2 threads, this one was made late.

Grats mate. Wish I wasn't garbage at everything but healer/some tanks. Still made it to 53 in placements so I guess that's something.

You can't tell me where to post! These threads fly by way too fast anyway.

>tfw D.Va will never fast food fart on your lap

OI m8, u want to fight? Im a pharah main and 100% a cunt u fukin fgt. lets go.

More like Season 2 is in about 4 months. I wouldn't mind waiting an extra month or so for competitive, because there are a lot of broken features in current competitive (broken KOTH, etc)

Anyone want to buy my overwatch account for $20?

PC

You go first

Legitimate

>Get placed at 51
>Lose one game, lower to 50
>Win two more games
>Don't level up

And that's how I never touched ranked and I went to pubs to spam voice lines again.

Sorry m8, wrong person

>wake up
>no hanzo nerf

why even play this shit

Zenyatter is my favorite character but what is the point in playing him in comp?

How do I git gud with him

learn how to aim

nothing

i love playing zenyatta too but playing him in comp is just asking for a tracer to come and wreck your shit

it really is painful watching like 4 wins of work going down the shitter because you got a genji main

anything can kill you. and everything will. You'll spend 90 percent of the match dead. Its not worth it.

Can anyone give some advice as Lucio, such as when would be a good time to switch to speed? I always go speedy at the start or when I die and I'm going to the objective, but when with teammates I have a hard time knowing when to switch

Pay attention to your teammates, if you or your teammates are in a situation where you need to retreat or move quickly, pop out the speed

>Zen
>Comp
AHAHAHAHAHA

>Play support
>Team is the underdog
>Team is complete shit
>So I in turn play like shit
>We lose
>I lose a whole level

Epic Blizz.

When hear that an enemy team's offensive ultimate has gone off, I'll turn up the speed so they can get the hell out of there.

Reaper is cute!

remember rank doesn't matter. All that matters is that you have fun. Play what you want to play.

I was.

bad teams ruined it

This is sadly true.

Speed is best when used to help your team chase enemies or to retreat from enemy pushes. Keep in mind that sometimes it's better to give your team a amp'd speed boost to survive a enemy ult instead of trying to heal tank it.

Always try to be swapping tracks and don't stay stagnate on just heal or speed. If nobody is taking damage then give them speed to get into position, once your pharah gets in and starts ulting give her the amp'd heal to help her survive.

So what do you guys think?
Will the Overwatch team go full Brode and say some characters have to be bad to make other characters feel better or will they got HotS team on us and constantly buff and nerf heroes to hopefully find some sort of balance?

Just kidding, console patching costs too much for them to do regular balance patches.

If i'm holding my ultra for stupid periods of time and my team never dies in numbers, is it worth just using my ultra to revive one player that has been competent so they can get back in faster or should I keep the ult on standby incase my team suddenly gets a wipe?

pic related

>Insta locking support first before anyone even pick a hero.

If any of you do this then you deserve to lose.