Subnautica General /sub/

Premiere Edition

Trello: trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica-development
Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/264710/
Wiki: subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Subnautica_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/gO2KQk57P6yX.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My lifepod is currently right above a reaper. What can I do to bring it back to the shallows? I still don't have a fabricator.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but if you don't repair your lifepod quickly then it will start drifting away from its original location. I think you can push it back into position, but it may be easier to just restart.

Oh it's been fully repaired for a while. It still fucking drifts for no reason. And fuck, like two hours wasted.

Definitely a bug, then. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. Seems to be random, though, I've only had it happen once in five different games.

When is the Cute Fish going to be available? I want a creepy baby-sounding octoseal pet to bully

Likely not until the game launches. You can spawn them in Experimental Mode.

It was terrifying going from a colorful sandy bottom to fucking nothingness below me.

Once you make a base/Cyclops, you can honestly just abandon the lifepod to the whims of the wind and currents. No real reason to go back to it.

I'm poor and want to play
Are the pirated versions good? My internets shit so it will take like 10 hours to torrent

I got a signal form life pod 17 but didn't get any coordinates, is that a bug or am I missing something

I was hoping to be able to make the components for a hab tool, but I couldn't find silver cystals. Where are they?

It's only $11 right now.

tfw no 11$
i wish i had enough :(

Not everything's in yet, especially the story elements.

Silver ore can be found in the Kelp Forest and Grassy Plateau. Crack open the sandstone nodes.

I was never able to find the grassy plateau, only a huge drop off and two kelp forests. Was I going the wrong way? Also, never saw a sandstone node, only salt deposits and limestone deposits. I got scared by the stalkers, lol.

That sucks. Pirated works fine, but you can't get any updates, which come out quite often, and it's usually at least one major update behind.

Hey guys.
So why does no one understand that Sandy Hook was fake?
Or are you all just liberal denial dicksuckers glad that it will finally save us from guns?

You can find them in tunnels/caves

I've had the most luck looking in Kelp forrests.

Just get what you need to make a hab builder then a new fabricator.

Most base parts only need titanium/glass. Plus you'll want solar panels to power it.

Once you have that though you don't need the Life pod and can let it fuck right off

I found a super deep cave under some really big wreckage in the kelp forest. Is that where it is?

This should help. Just head north from the lifepod and you should find one of the two Grassy Plateaus, look for red grass and Reefbacks.

Damn, guess I'll just wait then. I dont wanna pirate from small devs anyway, they dont get too many sales as it is. Thanks :)

You're welcome. It's still early access, so it might be better to wait until launch anyway, there's still a lot to be put in and optimizing to do.

why the FUCK is there a reaper that spawns literally next to the edge of safe shallows

what the fuck devs

I'm colorblind, is there a map where all the zones are labeled directly?

My very own Reefback.

a.uguu.se/gO2KQk57P6yX.webm

welp

To eat you, silly.

Not really, especially since there's several biomes that are underground and interconnected.

My escape pod keeps breaking, anybody else getting this? When I get in I need to weld it up again.

The fuck did you do?

I have sometimes, it's another bug.

Wow, brutal.
Way worse than Sandy Hook was, being fake and all.

Jesus christ user what happened.

looks to me like he has crabs

Name one creature more annoying than the Boneshark.

You can't

Humanity, since it faked Sandy Hook.

bonesharks are easy to ignore though unless you're just sensitive to sound

I'd say reaper leviathans are much worse simply for the death factor and possibly losing seamoth upgrades

Reapers are at least rare, those fuckers swarm everywhere, especially where there's stuff to scan. The only consolation is that a flare can keep them off your back for a couple of minutes.

If you have a repulsion field and hit them with it reapers will leave you alone.

>bust out repulsor cannon
>send them flying

Just like in Sandy Hook lol

>Those sounds
>Those fish
>Those sea cliffs
>That moon
>Have nothing to defend yourself with other than a dinky knife
Did he intend to make it scarier than horror games

Guns

Sell me on this game

Craft some pipes and build a ring to fence it in, that will keep it from drifting.

I don't think it's supposed to drift, but since it's movable even the tiniest phantom forces will eventually push it.
When I first started I went on a trip away from the pod for a couple days, and came back to find it had somehow drifted 1.5km away, almost out of visual of the Aurora.

Pod 17 is on one of the rocky outcrops in the shallows. Sort of Southeast of the starting area iirc.

One thing is for sure.
It wasn't intended to be scarier than Sandy Hook.

Silver is most easily found in the grassy plateaus. You just have to keep an eye out for sandsharks.

Once you start finding and crafting the stasis rifle, propulsion/repulsion gun, and torpedoes and defense system for the Seamoth it becomes a lot less scary. Except for the Reapers.

It's not finished at the moment, but when it launches the story will be ooky things in the depths imprisoned the largest beast in the sea and shot down your ship, taking away all the other survivors for something sinister. You're the only free survivor, finding logs from previous crashees while you craft things and build bases and vehicles to travel deeper and deeper until you reach the lair of the ones responsible.

You can get cozy with building bases that have a good amount of pieces variety and essentials and fluff, travel around the current map in your personal submarine, and explore down to 1700 meters and see all sorts of weird and spooky flora and fauna in a lot of different biomes, with more on the way.

Where are the rest of the Cyclops parts? Found the hull and 2/3rds of the bridge but cant seem to find any anymore. Is it also just the hull and bridge that makes up the cyclops?

Hull, bridge, and engine iirc.

You can look up which biome they spawn in on the wiki if you get tired of searching.

Who builds their bases on the islands.

>no snapping teeth or prying eyes
>feels comfy man

Engine as well, the Mountains are your best bet for them.

Thank you, m8s.

>no expresso option

Worst coffee machine ever.

Can you actually use it? That'd be cool

It's a work in progress. There's actually a lot of things they're working on.

Accumulator • Botanical Analysis Machine • Centrifuge • Vending Machine • Wall Shelves • Specimen Analyzer • Trash Cans • Lab Trash Can • Lab Counter • Bar Table • Single Wall Shelf • Starship Souvenir • Coffee vending machine

I'm currently building about 600m below the floating island. It's actually pretty peaceful down there once you shoo away the crabsquids. It's got nice geothermal energy too.

Wait wait, the map is the exact same for every game?
The fuck??

I was on the fence about getting it but now I know for sure I'll be avoiding it, holy fuck what a blunder

How much power does a Thermal power plant make? Haven't made one myself yet.

It's not a rogue-like or random dungeon generator-style game. The map's large enough and there's a big variety of biomes that you'll take a while exploring everything while you're going through the story.

someone have an extra copy they can gift me?

STEAM_0:0:32576796

>not drinking your coffee black
Lol what a gay

Anyone else playing in VR?
The big red moon is an ENORMOUS fuckup, made laughably obvious in VR mode, it literally feels like a beachball two feet above the water, like you can swim up and grab it. It's incredibly disorienting and surreal, don't know how they managed to do that.

It's not a moon, it's the sister planet. The water world is part of a binary-planet orbit.

I think the rate varies depending on the proximity to the heat source. I'm not totally sure though. I've been using just one so far, but my base isn't that large yet.
Nice thing is that they require no fuel and work 24/7.

The only enormous fuckup here is Sandy Hook.

Just looked it up, and it has a low power cap but very fast recharge rate, so that's good for a smaller base. Don't know if you can have more than one working together.

The Nuclear power plant is going to be interesting, since you have to craft uranium rods and have to deal with depleted rods. Maybe with the upcoming "creatures can attack your bases" update using the Nuclear plant has a chance to attract a Reaper Leviathan.

I think it's just the lighting and lack of haze/atmosphere scattering on it. It would probably help if it orbited slower too.
I haven't bothered to study it's orbit, but I don't imagine the devs were too worried about accurate celestial mechanics.

I was thinking it would be super cool if it's tidal forces affected the sea level though. It would be interesting to have some areas that are only above water during low tide.

So I played this yesterday and it was fine.
Suddenly, I'm playing today and I'm getting such huge framerate drops that it's basically unplayable.
Can't figure out what's causing this.
It was fine yesterday.
Thoughts?

Yea I believe you can build multiples of them just like solar. You build them outside the base, so you can just plop them down near the vents.

Tides and currents would be cool, as well as weather.

>storms and hurricanes can damage and destroy anything you have in the shallows
>crafting materials become easier to find after a storm because they were stirred up from the seabed
>some creatures become more/less aggressive because of the disturbances

you have to tic on vsync each time or it'll try going above 60 fps

>I was thinking it would be super cool if it's tidal forces affected the sea level though.

Nigger if it were realistic, there would hundreds feet tall waves with a fucking moon that close.

Yea I know, but it doesn't have to be completely realistic. It's not hard sci-fi.

Plus it's an alien system, so you could always just say we don't know the density of the sister-planet.

It's a planet.

They really need to nerf the plants. Cut their food and water value by at least 1/3, or have them be high in one but low in the other. Literally all you need right now is one growbed and a few trees and you're set for life.

That didn't seem to do anything.
Thanks though.

Post Seamoths

It might be the size of your save game, right now the terraforming ability makes saves huge and the game unstable, which is why they're removing it.

that's blue tho

Any of you built long transmission lines to get thermal power to your bases?

Looks green to me.

whats the best way to get stalker teeth? Im following them around and watching as they nom on scrap but I dont find any teeth

Let them bite at the Seamoth and keep an eye out for teeth. Deploying a Grav Sphere close by can help since it will grab the teeth.

Why is the Seamoth so damn cute?

>Rounded shape
>comfortable
>Nice sounds

If you're ever seen an area with 3-4 stalkers around it check if they're still there and loot the teeth

>Someone finally made a general for this game
Thank you user

r8 muh autism

Out of curiosity since I'm still learning how this game works; how do you get power down there? I assume solar panels are a no go

8/10. A taller building on the right would make it better

N U C L E A R P O W E R

bio/nuclear reactors

Will do

Scale your rare gabens to 1280 x 720 for a better fit

"There goes the neighborhood."

You're welcome. Hopefully we can keep it alive.

Dangerous creatures attacking bases when?
The insides of your bases not rendering on screen at all times when in a Cyclops when?