/mhg/- Monster Hunter General

DEMO

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Monster Hunter Generations demo is out, has online
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>How do I get my hands on the demo?
EU fags download the demo here: www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html

NA fags either pray Nintendo sends you a code or buy it for $4 in the e3 humble bundle. That or wait until June 30th for the public release

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kogath.com/TeamHD/
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
kiranico.com/en/mh4u
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzmuutkNyaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BEST

Thanks, Jho.

Guys, I'm having a little trouble with the Adept style. I mentioned in the last thread that I can butcher Nargacuga with the Adept LS, but using it against Malfestio is less lucrative, and I know it's an awful choice for Great Maccau. I got a reply saying that Striker would be a better choice, but I simply want to know:

Is Malfestio a pain to use Adept LS against, or do I just need to practice more?

Now that's a proper lady Jho.
Would marry.

Malfestio is an anti blademaster monster.

What monsters best represent /mhg/ regulars?

Rhenoplos

Tama.
Super girly.

Holy shit aerial DB is fun.
Just did my first hibt with them.

>did no research on X/gen besides hearing about styles
>download the demo
>feel like I'm playing monhun for the first time again and don't know which weapon to pick
this is nice

I've been working on that. Keep in mind I'm a shitter.
What I try to do is recognize attacks that I can dodge and be near the monster after. Its easy for nargas tailswipes and stuff. Mac is harder, but when he winds up for a charge I try to get to where the charge will end so I can dodge through it. For the owl I've been dodging through the sleep beam and his ground slam.
Hope this helps. I've only done a few hunts so I'm still figuring it out.

I like the charge blade now. Adept timing is much easier to get than perfect guarding and I don't feel naked without my shield in Axe mode.

51-2604-3484-6190
Pass is rage
Local Nargacuga found dead: multiple instances of blunt force trauma

Will people please stop with the meme that aerial is fun. Will all know by now that it's not.

Same. Can't wait to fight all the new monsters.

The Palico's fun, but terribly frail. Out of all the presets available, the Switch Axe dude is my favorite. I hope the material needed for that full suit isn't too annoying to get...

Palico gets better in the full game when you can choose your active and passive skills, but don't ever expect to not be a toothpick defense-wise. The boomerang is killer.

OO-

>Demon mode aerial attacks
>Become a human beyblade

O--

I've been playing X for several months and I'm now taking about a 3-4 week break in preparation for gen actually coming out. I already know what weapon I'll likely be using but I'm treating starting over as a chance to cleanse bad habits I let myself develop.

Mainly leaning too hard on bushido which means my actually positioning has suffered quite a bit. Which is shameful since I play HBG and rolling your ass to the right places is one of the most important things.

>Room exploded on me
thanks capcom

>Rathalos, King of the Skies
>gets bullied by Seregios
>gets wrecked by Raizex
rip

Wanna try again?

>Can't fly above water without fear of getting sniped by a lagiacrus

Been playin bushido, its crazy easy once you get used to it, and very useful. Shitty cat players GTFO, cat players suck. Raping malfestio with bushido swaxe is crazy fun and no annoying status effects. Aerial best style.

sure

Make the room then.

What did he mean by this?

44-5645-8083-3523

did the hub fill or did you cancel?

We gonna fuck a narg up
Id: 36-4642-7251-3547
Pass: rage

One spot left

it was probably full when tried to join

GAME RELEASE WHEN
Bushido bow is so fun

Hey bois, I've been wanting to pick up a MH title for the 3DS and I don't know if I should get 4U now, or wait until generations comes out, please advise

There will probably be more people online in generations.

>Should I buy 4U or the new game coming out next month that'll have the larger playerbase?

Im just voicing my opinion

July 15

How do I unlock rusted cush? I've just solo'd the urgent kush, I'm hr 202 and I have hunted at least 21 of them. So I do t understand why its not showing up

>How do I unlock rusted cush? I've just solo'd the urgent kush, I'm hr 202 and I have hunted at least 21 of them. So I do t understand why its not showing up
G rank

I'm gold grown, just solo'd the g3 kush urgent in the battle quarters

Hey so this might be a dumb question, but in terms of getting more Guild Quests, if you go on a rare expedition, does just the one monster show up? I stick around for a long while when I do a rare, but somehow I can never find anything in any area once the first monster disappears.

Anyone got the "fug me" narga picture?

These styles aren't as different as I thought they'd be. Is it just the GS that's super similar or are they all only different by like one or two moves?

Trailers made it look like they'd have almost completely different movesets. Guess I fell for their marketing bullshit.

_fug_ you very much!

You're welcome.

So no one knows?

I love u, u did hr 10 kushy mission?

What the hell is up with the lack of touch screen D pad on the demo?
I've played with that for a combined 300 hours and now it's gone?
Does this mean I have to buy a circle pad pro?
Please help
Also I'm on a 2ds for reference

DEMO

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Monster Hunter Generations demo is out, has online
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>How do I get my hands on the demo?
Demo is already out on the nintendo e shop for everyone.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread: →

Fixed that for ya

Itll be back on full release, just deal with it pussy, its fine.

What the fuck is error code 001-0502? I just wanna play online

Hr10? Like g3? Yeah I just done the one in the battle quarters, solo poisoning with a cb kinda sucks but I got it done no thanks to the black smoke

40-7377-6497-7148
MHX demo
Come fight nicaragua cats only

Caravan kushy i mean, with ace hunters.

Why is the password away 7243? Is there any significance to those numbers or are they just random?

Dont ask me boyo, 7243 is just a pass that nobody but mhg will use. Its stupid to change the pass every thread.

Thinking i'm going to skip MHGen now that i've played the demo. There just doesnt seem to be enough new content to justify the purchase or time. I've already most of what it has to offer by playing MH3U and MH4U too, and the styles don't seem to be as intriguing as I'd hoped with just having practically the same movesets as they'd ever been but some moves are missing and other oddities rather than just having all the styles built up from the standard style with their own unique additions.

Game just seems eh to me. Maybe MH5 will be more interesting or have more new content or in the least have most of all the older content.

Cya bros in a few years whenever new MH is released.

Yeah bro I've 100% caravan, even the boring shit. Took me weekk even close to a month to do the masters test in between other hunts but that doesn't matter what matters is the hunters determination right?

They spell "rage" on a numpad

On a typical phone keypad the numbers spell RAGE

No seriously, what the fuck is the difference between some of these styles?

Guild, Striker, and Adept all play the same fucking way, and all Aerial does is replace your roll with a jump.

>Guild, Striker, and Adept are all the same

I guess your american cos you can't tell subtle changes in things.

Depends on the weapon

Feel free to explain to me how they're different, then.

Fuck knows I can't find differences via Google that aren't just rehashing the vague in-game descriptions or shit full of PR speak.

Play LS and you still have the same overhead attack, same poke, same R-button combo, it's all the same as it's been in every MH, just with different special effects graphics.

Is it me, or does something about the 3D in the demo feel off? Like it's too shallow or something?

Can anybody confirm if that's how it is in the game itself? Things seem "squashed forward" compared to 4U, if that makes sense.

Kek, anyway im not sure what you 're missing. I can host rusted kushy for you if you need me to.

>Plays LS and can't even tell he can't level the spirit gauge normally

Narga
52-4157-8105-5563
Bring whatever you want.

They don't change the basic attacks most of the time, if anything you lose some

Guild gives you the most vanilla you can get.

Striker gives you 3 Hunter arts and charges them faster, which is kinda great.

Aerial gives you that slick roll and some nice air attacks.

Adept gives you a casul filter roll that lets you power up after a last second dodge.

I am probably forgetting some things too

You suck at the game, have you even played it? Are you just retarded?

Good job, they changed the move from the end of the combo to a button on the touch screen.

It's still not a new moveset. They played this game up like it would have a shitload of new moves and styles, not minute changes to the mechanics.

There's no reason to pay $40 for a game that's stripped of 4U's insane amount of content and mechanics for a phony "style" system that doesn't actually change a weapon's style.

Well for one you can't get to even white gauge in adept without dodging a move.

But for 90% of weapons Adept is the best style because you lose fuck all with it and gain the ability to not take damage.

2 slots open

Password

Not to shill, but take a look at this.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzmuutkNyaI
This guy did a video for each of the 14 weapons, detailing how they play, what changed from 4U to Guild Style, and how the other three deviate from Guild. For LS, you lose sideways fade slash and the R follow-up to the fade slash, but you get a third Hunter Art. Aerial removes the ability to start the spirit combo on the ground, and changes how it behaves in the air depending on your current color. Adept completely removes the ability to level up the gauge without being attacked. Striker and Guild are basically the same, but Aerial and Adept play way differently.

Read the fucking OP

>They don't change the basic attacks most of the time
So it's true. This is all just fake-ass publicity hype bullshit to get casuals into the series by making everything look flashy even though the movesets are unchanged.

>You suck at the game
I love this because it always makes it easy to tell who the raging fanboys with no arguments are.

Try checking to OP

>Being this retarded.

Go play the game before shitposting it doesn't move it to the touch screen, it makes it physically inaccessible unless you perform the style specific action.

1 slot left

The different styles remove or change certain moves, as well as give you certain special properties, encouraging a different playstyle.

Striker is the least unique, usually just removing a move or two in exchange for a 3rd hunter art slot and a faster charge speed.

Aerial is where things get interesting. Your forward roll is replaced by a jump, letting you vault off of monsters to do aerial attacks. As well as that, some moves are removed or tweaked to be more or less accessible, or different entirely. For example, the Greatsowrd can no longer charge on the ground, making your ground game completely worthless and turning you into a dunking machine. The Hammer loses its superpound/superspin on its level 3 charge, but instead gains a more powerful level 3 uppercut, making it better for KO than a Guild or Striker build, as well as having the aerial moves it gains. The Longsword loses the ability to use its spirit slash on the ground, but enables it to instead get the final hit of the spirit slash after only a single aerial attack, letting it increase its level much faster and for much less gauge than Guild or Striker, but at the cost of fewer hits for status builds.

There's tons of small-but-big changes to the weapons in Aerial, you just need to experiment and see what's different and what you like. I don't like Guild Glaive or Guild Dual Blades, but being able to launch myself directly at the monster with Aerial Glaive, or do the spinning dash out of neutral with Aerial DBs make the two weapons much more appealing to my tastes, and a lot more fun to use.

I haven't personally messed with Adept much, but it's similar to Aerial in that it makes small changes to the movesets that are big in the long run, and most have a huge bonus to using the adept dodge. Hammer, for example, gets an even higher charge after an adept dodge, letting it do new and powerful moves as a reward for using your style well.

Adept LS is basically normal LS except no backwards slash evade and no spirit finisher. Have to use the hunter art or the adept evasion into its unique vertical spirit slash to raise the guage.

You're really not missing much. The changes in the styles are mostly weird shit like this where they take away a couple moves you normally had and give you the Aerial jump or Adept evade instead. Striker has weird gimps too but instead of something special for it, you just get access to 3 arts.

Its a little different between weapon types but generally its just losing one you've always had and getting something else in return. Aerial GS for example cant do the 2nd Charge and followup charged sideswipe, but vaulting off the monster lets you charge in midair and when that attack lands, that can be followed up with the swipe.

Adept SA loses the ability to do the big circular swing finisher from the infinite axe combo, and now that attack exists as the adept evade attack.

Adept CB wont let you do burst discharges from sword mode (f.x+a nolonger combos into anything).

its all kinda half baked desu.

36-4127-3291-1237

Owl, I'll personally be using the Bow.

>Go play the game
You first faggot.
X still swings vertical.
A still pokes.
XA still dodges with a swing.
R still uses spirit slash.

It's all the same fucking moves. Capcom can pretty them up or fuck with their properties all they want, but the game is a fucking scam.
I signed up for ACTUAL new movesets. It seemed like a godsend since Capcom has been too lazy to make more than a couple new weapons for over a decade, but it's all the same fucking shit.

Nargacuga
36-0992-0029-8664

OO-

>Haven't played MH since 4u came out
>Get dumpstered by the Owl
Neat monster but jesus christ I'm rusty.

I primarily played GS when I played 4u, what should I play for Gen?

>stripped of 4U's insane amount of content and mechanics
you what?
what stripped content? relic grinding?
what stripped mechanics?

You're not rusty, GS is just nerfed to shit now.

45-6469-1259-8191

Aerial only Naga time.

140 Blue Yian Kut-Ku Konchu Bowling was a serious threat and we will never, ever get it back