Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EOV Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z (Famitsu scans)

>EOV color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/826296-etrian-odyssey-2-untold-the-fafnir-knight/73952305
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cuteshroom!

gamefaqs.com/boards/826296-etrian-odyssey-2-untold-the-fafnir-knight/73952305

It is because Sarashi was a part of a selective breeding program for centries.

EO in Taiko Drum Master when?

what am I looking at here? Did they put 2hu songs in the game?

yeah. nothing shown yet just a 3 second promo at e3

After Untold 3

Defang

This thread is dying in the first stratum already

I'm about to finish my first EO game, I think. Either on the last stratum or have one more to go after.

Doesn't feel like I hit a huge difficulty spike, but I may have overgrinded by doing all the sidequests.

Sinking all your points into relevant skills is actually really helpful. It's not a huge risk, since you can reset in all (most?) of the games anyway.
What I don't like is that there's no transparent information given on the effectiveness of upgrading your skills, proc chances, etc. For example, one of my passive skills has 10 points sunk into it and seems to have less than a 20% proc rate.

These games are really LONG, holy shit. Since I'm an autistic mapping completionist, it's probably taking me a lot longer than a regular player. Still, 50+ hours for a "fast" gamer seems about right.

Honestly, my favorite thing about the series is being able to manually map out dungeons. With the ds interface, it's very intuitive to switch between exploring and mapping on the fly; holding your stylus while playing can be a little awkward at worst.

>Doesn't feel like I hit a huge difficulty spike, but I may have overgrinded by doing all the sidequests.
Well, it depend what game are you playing right now as your first EO game.

And yes, these games are quite long. Around 50-80 hours to beat main game and +100 hours to complete 100% everything.

>You will never kiss Zodiac's book.

Fucking great lynxes.

>great lynx
>not largebirds

I only explored at night in the first stratum

>exploring at what is traditionally the most dangerous time to be out

Ah, so your guild was full of retards

So I decided to make a separate party in EO1 in order to try out some classes I didn't get to try and do some of the sidequests I didn't get to finish.
How do I build a hexer? Seems like the arm binds will be really useful for when I take this ronin to the golem. Don't wanna waste any points though since my main party has plenty of those already.

Who's this QT patootie? No, seriously, which character is she supposed to be?

Bandana sans bandana

>bandanna
>not wearing a bandanna

This should be a crime.

HAPPY RAQUNA DAY

>wanting the bandana to get messy

New to the series. Still not sure if I should jump in on EOIV or Untold:2. So they're making an EOV? I see an august release date for the nips, how long is it gonna be for the english release?

Start with 4.

Play 4 and ignore Untold. Nobody knows when the English release will be, but probably not until next year.

Definitely do the opposite of what this faggot says. EO4 fags are the worst.

Thanks guys

Based on?

EO4 is nothing amazing, but it's a million times better than Untold.

4 is a good place to start since it'll teach you most of the finer mechanics, something the other entries sort of gloss over, and it's the first of the 3D ones, so you won't miss out on the improvements of the later ones if you were to start with the Untolds.

The Untolds are definitely still worth playing, though.

EOIV was a great starting games for newbies because it was the only at the moment for 3ds.
Now Untold 2 is a better game for new players.

The main problem of EO4, it the low difficulty of the game and has bad overworld.

Not the same user by the way.

>more difficult
>more content
>more ways to play
>B-b-but stupid weeaboo shit story mary sue MC shonen bullshit anime garbage m-muh headcanon fuck Untold

I would say to play 4 first and then move onto untold so you will better appreciate untold's more polished experience

pls respond

Just use her the way you want.

I tried that with my alchemist and found out that apparently there aren't that many monsters weak to lightning. I don't know how easy any of the hexer procs are or how damaging the debuffs are. I'd imagine her attack debuff would be like an anti-bravery and really fuck up the enemy, but her mind control skills also seem like they could be super OP. I just don't wanna lose ten levels resting this hexer just because I put points into something that won't help me that much.

GIVE ME THE DEMO JAPAN
JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY

Maybe you should check datamined information?
I think there was one on the OP pastebin.

I just killed the EO2U Ice Dragon with a Dark Hunter, Hexer, Survivalist and Dumbmagus with full binds since turn 2 and I feel no shame about it.

Fuck the cores

And then you become a fag who never stops asking for Untold 3 because you're allergic to the DS games?

nice projection there retard

As opposed to becoming an elitist contrarian fag who doesn't want to see the DS games improved and re-released as a better experience?

What if Himukai fuckin dies (and isn't replaced by another artist) and EO3U never gets released? Will those people never want to play EO3 just because it's an older game?

What if you stopped being a little whiny bitch?

What a stupid fucking question. If there's no alternative of course they'll go to the older games.

>What if Himukai fuckin dies
Minami Star will replace him

Is there a way to tell apart the mimics from the chests in EO2U? Aside from the exclamation point when you enter the room?
The layout of the next two rooms doesn't let me see the chests as I walk inside.

Every mimic in that area is revealed in some way.

Hint: Use the radar.

What radar? Flavio's skill? I didn't put any points into it.

Ho boy.

Why would I? It doesn't help in combat.

There's a 3 stage indicator on the bottom of the top screen that lights up the closer you get to a FOE.

That's your FOE radar.

This was covered in the tutorial at the start of the game.

Oh, right. But I don't think the game ever explains it to you. At least I don't remember it having its own tutorial in either Untold game's story mode. But it's rather self-explanatory.
Although I don't remember seeing it when I was in the rooms with mimics. Maybe it was just in my blind spot, when I explored. I'll try paying more attention to it the next time I play, thanks.

It does explain it. It's rolled in with all of the FOE stuff like danger ratings awareness.

Ah, you mean the pop-up pictures, not in a dialogue.

Well it wouldn't make sense to have meta commentary on HUD UI. It's not Metal Gear.

Ren and Tlchlachalchthchga did that.

Dismiss Heal

What the fuck is that thing

Thanks Mr. Skeltal.

>Tlchlachalchthchga
everytime

a phasmid

>he doesn't know what a twig is

Is it still summer?

Tchalaheadchalatchga

Please remove it, it's hideous.

I didn't post it.

Guys,
Dancer/fortress or fortress/dancer? It's going to be on the front with a linksknecht and a chase dancer.

Alt colors for fencer and dragoon are up on the official site.

dancer/fortress

dodgetanks are much better than normal tanks because you don't need to heal them

How did you get that resolution? Did you waifu2x it?
Although either is better than the crap famitsu and other websites have.

guess pop-in is going to be a thing in EOV now
ice popping in 4th stratum ~0.06

Ive almost finished EO4 and picked up Mystery Dungeon a few days back. I know its not a traditional EO game but I do like the change in gameplay. And the cutesy bullshit of my party running around on screen slaying shit is enjoyable in its own way rather than stillframe art.

What did you guys think of MD?

linksharks are too fucking good

the follow ups when paired up with a dancer is fuckin insane holy shit

And then you realize they're garbage for the fights that actually matter.

>garbage for fights that matter
>3 turn kill for Storm Emperor
Git gud
Replacing Dancer with Runemaster and Star Drop L/M or M/L is better

The dragons are easy the only fights that matter are no-chem ws and 5* Muskoid ambush

Can't wait for that 6th Stratum moon.

>tfw 1HKO Ur-Devil with Darkness Shroud

The sword seems nice...

Damn that pink hair looks cute on her.

Post best ninjas

>resuscitate
>it actually a healing spell, not a revive spell
Fucking Atlus translators are a huge piece of shit

it revives if you pump levels into it though

>ninjas

But there is only one.

>killed 4th stratum boss
>walk off tile hoping to see the FOEs surrounding me disappear
>the boss revives
okay this is a second boss right
like I have to fight that bird chick that's been dogging me all around the labyrinth right

remove this

What are you talking about?

EO1? You have to kill every single FOE on the floor before dealing with Iwaopeln.

and they'll respawn if you go back to the inn, so you're better off going back to that healing spring on B18F if you need a break.

so you're telling me I killed this bird and ruined my even exp bars for nothing
I
I think I'm going to hang myself

user just give up on the EXP bars, and trade it in for the joy of having a skill point to put in every few encounters and pretty much after every quest.

I can't user, five consecutive bells after a fight is just too satisfying.
but I can't in good conscience turn off my DS after beating this boss

i think of it like tlach.tga because tga is a file type

Sauce of the image?
I have no idea what kind of filename is that