/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/

-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

www70.zippyshare.com/v/Fbj6n1vB/file.html
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
3ds.titlekeys.com/
wiiubrew.org/wiki/IOSU
gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/
gbatemp.net/threads/hykems-5-5-iosu-exploit.406150/page-332#post-6038027
strawpoll.me/10635868
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for 10/10 OP image.

just finished part 5, what's the part 6?

part 6 is downloading a shit ton of games and not playing them

PlaiSysUpdater apparently has known incompatibilities with my dummy browser version, and I couldn't profi200's sysUpdater to work after about 100 launches.

Any other way to make my partial 9.2 update proper?

So I posted this an hour ago but didn't get a response. Bumped it 8 minutes after the thread died. Good job me:

So I've been trying to Google this question but I'm honestly not sure if I'm hitting the correct keywords or what. If anyone is willing to give a quick yes or no to my autistic question:

Do DLC cias need to match the same region as the game's cia region? Like say I install a game via cia with US region and try to install its DLC and it's EUR. Will it work or do they need to match?

Worth mentioning I'm running o3DS with 11.0.0-33U and RXTools as CFW, since I know that RXTools handles out of region stuff better (at least it did when I used to frequent here months ago, haven't kept up with the scene lately).

>Do DLC cias need to match the same region as the game's cia region?
yes
>RXTools handles out of region stuff better
kek

My screen goes black with the "Nintendo 3DS" text stuck on it when I try to open the MH Generation Demo and Hyrule Warriors Legends. I'm on 10.7, do I need to update in order for them to work? Megamix is more recent than HW but it works, and they're all downloaded through CIAngel.

you just reinstall menuhax and retry

race the browser or something.

>yes
Damn. Ah well. Thanks user.
>kek
Like I said, not sure about the scene these days. RXTools boasted region free compatibility as a big point back then. Honestly have no idea what's popular these days as all anyone really talked about was RX and Cakes then (and by cakes I mean cakes bricking meme)

we all use gateway now

I don't have menuhax installed, due to my 3DS's butchered updates and some unspeakable things Gateway has done to it.

Current situation is 9.2.0-9 sysNAND, no emu installed yet, I boot to rxTools through browser to access HBL and that's about all I have.

Trying my best to get a proper update to 9.2 and that -9 at the end of my version throws a wrench into everything.

ok? you can still get into the homebrew launcher so install menuhax

Maybe keep trying?

I once went 127 tries to get into Browserhax.

You need to use profi200's sysUpdater installed as .cia **IN DEV/PASTA MODE** (NOT rxMode sysnand). sysUpdater as a homebrew needs a kernel exploit to run and stuff.

putting your 3ds back in the drawer

>all them Ashley badges

I finished up my custom theme, installed it, my system rebooted to a black screen and now all I get when I boot is a black screen.

Do I have to restore from a NAND backup?

I've got a 128 gig sd card in my Wii U for Loadiine.

Reading some vWii guides it says I need a 2-4 gb sd that isn't hc/xc to hack it.

If I hack it with one of those can I stick all the files on my 128 gig after?

>he doesn't know about themebrick

elaborate

your theme must have been really ugly

Stupid question, just got my 3ds hacked and working for the first time. I downloaded a couple games but what folder do I put them in, and what would I use to access them, Hans?

Put them in a cia folder and use FBI to install them

you can put them wherever and you install them with fbi

Thank you very much!

Someone knows anything about that?

Is there more to devmode than selecting it in the rxTools menu? I'm trying that and profi's sysUpdater still doesn't work.

There isn't, but you need to install and run it as .cia, the .3dsx version of it might as well not exist. What error are you getting?

Did you actually remember to unpack the 9.2 update files? (be careful, profi's one doesn't check that they're the right ones)

Nine millionth time's the charm(now that I'm in devmode), it's working, boys!

Ran in devmode as installed cia, the right updates in a clean folder, all unpacked.

And it completed, but I'm still at 9.2.0-9. I thought this was going to get rid of that -9 and update it to like -20 or whatever's useful now. Am I fucked?

I don't remember the exact browser version I had before, but I don't think it's changed. It's saying 1.7498

So, the Luma3ds install page links to www70.zippyshare.com/v/Fbj6n1vB/file.html for the 11.0 compatible NTR firmware.bin - unfortunately, that file seems to trip a lot of AV warnings. Anyone happen to know a less-malware-riddled link?

I'm this guy I popped my sd card out to throw a theme and some CIAs and FBI on it but now holding down L on startup won't load into menuhax and trying to access it through the browser gives me an error and kicks me back to the home screen.

I'm on 10.5 if it helps, sorry if it's annoying.

So I installed A9lh and my pokemon yellow cia is still not booting properly.

What extra thing do I need to do?

changing your theme removes menuhax so you have to reinstall it

Try repairing it, injecting tickets and using the eshop, or freeshop

Did you update the EmuNAND maybe? If you have one. That's the only reason I can think of it doing that.

Shit, well thanks. Even if I install the theme through the homebrew?
I've tried accessing it but it keeps going yellow>gray>orange then crashes. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong here? Also do I need to keep turning off the syetem, changing the time back, and initializing the internet every time I try?

Again, thanks man.

>on 10.5
What? Are you done hacking or not?

Wait, when did Pokemon Picross become an entry point

I'm new to this and it's what my system happened to be on and it seemed like my options were pretty limited.

Where's the Xenoblade Chronicles Uncensor patch?

Google is sending me in circles.

I don't want the undub just the costumes/boob slider.

If it crashes at or after orange, you need to restart your system. You don't have to reset the time or internet though.

Thanks, just keep at it until it gets through and reinstall menuhax and I'm good to go?
After that I can install CIAs, change to the custom theme and then just not worry about it until I need to change something again?

What was the last step you've done? Do you have your backups? Does your version number say Sys before the version number?

I actually just got through to it again and am reinstalling menuhax again.

Thanks a ton folks, I'm shit at this.

sure but if you change themes again you have to reinstall menuhax again

Don't have an emunand yet. This is annoying...

is an updated browser necessary to get luma+a9lh?

Anyone?

Good to know, thanks man!

Shouldn't be, but if updating from 9.2 to 9.2 causes issues (it really shouldn't, sysUpdater installs every title individually, the actual version numbers of 3DS firmware are just two titles of their own), I fear for the eventual downgrade to 2.1.

So, you're using profi's, installed as .cia, with an updates folder in the root of your SD card having like 140 or so files, and you're using the update button? Does it actually try to install anything?

Ready to tear my hair out over this, finally thought I had everything perfect and ready to go and now I got FBI installed and my CIAs tossed in a folderbut now FBI is giving me a cert signature or hash check failed message.
What's wrong now?

are you in emunand? using the injected fbi? what fbi version do you have?

It doesn't cause issues, it just doesn't seem to change anything at all, was hoping it would update the browser as that -9 is causing most of the issues.

It ran normally, through the giant list of update files, and when it rebooted the version still read 9.2.0-9

Did anyone pirate Bayonetta? Did your cutscene audio desync?

No, but I imagine I need enunand? FBI is version 2.3.2.
I'm the guy who's been asking for a shitload of help this thread so I have no idea what that is. I have menuhax installed on 10.5 and have that functioning but that's about it.

so what you're trying to say is you haven't even hacked your 3ds
follow the wiki guide in the OP from part 2 since you already have homebrew

>github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
>get to the part where you turn on the luma3ds settings after installingarm9loader
>have to delete the config for anything to appear on boot
>nothing happens when I press start so I can't restore the emunand

Fuck
Help
am I fucked?

Did anyone pirate Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Does your savestate work?

does loadline not work anymore? Its been a while since i touched my wiiu and everytime I go to the website and load the "video" it doesn't work anymore

That seems completely fucked up then. I dunno what's wrong with it. Oh well, you should be able to follow the guide like normal, but I still have some doubts about your 2.1 downgrade (OTPHelper should catch it if anything goes wrong but... still).

Make sure arm9loaderhax.bin is at the root of your SD card, not in any folder.

>nothing happens when I press start
So the luma3ds settings won't let you save the settings?

>am I fucked?
No, just stop being retarded and actually read that shit.

It tries to reboot, and the screen tuns black. And yeah, it's at the root. Holding start when using the power button or when this happens does nothing.

Holding select doesn't bring out the luma3ds menus either, I had to delete the config file.

Well, I guess so.... Probably should have read that rather than trying to stumble through youtube piecing it together.

Did anyone pirate Smash 4? Did you have issues with load screen freezes?

Is Hourglass9 shit in its proper place? a9lh installed successfully? If yes then do that troubleshoot shit and try the test payload.

Did anyone pirate Mario Kart? Does 200cc lag for you?

That hit a little too close to home

So I've got 2 questions. Do you need a computer to download freeshop or can I just install it through a qr code? 2nd is there any where I can find more qr codes like pic related(rhythm heaven) for other 3ds games?

Did anyone pirate funky barn? how funky was it?

wasn't funky at all

Test payload does what it's supposed to do, but now I have no idea what's wrong. Everything before worked out. hourglass 9 renamed to start_hourglass9 and in luma/payloads and everything.

Yo senpai, I need the japanese Xenoblade chronicles X chr_pc.cpk files if anyone has them.

I can't download the 20 gig jap rom to grab them because internet caps.

In the OP there's a pastebin with a bunch of stuff. For QR Codes 3ds.titlekeys.com/ is good.

so far been playing tokyo mirage on loadiine.

so i guess there is no hope for them improving on this at all? will we ever get wii u custom firmware?

I'm an idiot,thanks user...tsukiatte kudasai

when the/a iosu exploit becomes public

Not sure then. All I can say is double check you did everything correctly. If it doesn't work, go to that IRC channel mentioned in the troubleshooting section.

whats that

Improving? What's wrong with it? I just started.

wiiubrew.org/wiki/IOSU

Turns out you have to be holding start as soon as you press the power button, that was the issue

Thanks for trying

In my experience, you can hold it down while you press the power button, which is what I assumed you were doing.

>DSTT
>R4i-SDHC
>Supercard DSONE
>Any DSTT clone card
I want to get one of these cards for the forwarder shit but this guy says not to. Is there anything actually wrong with those cards or what?

gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/

gbatemp.net/threads/hykems-5-5-iosu-exploit.406150/page-332#post-6038027

bottom post is the developer of this exploit? what is this exploit going to allow us to do? it seems that youll still have to go through some internet browser bullshit

This guy is also a furry degenerate, sooo
Also the post is 5 years old

and it sounds like he is never going to even release it

Just thought Id poll /hbg

strawpoll.me/10635868

whenever i go on ciangel or freeshop and download donlkey kong country returns it just doesnt do it. i have enough space. on ciangel it says could not download TMD. Internet/Title ID is ok?

everyone dead?

he's supposedly got busted and is in jail maybe, he vanished long ago, exploit will allow you to do things such as cfw emunand, usb load and other things, smea is another one who also has the exploit and he's done rednand work and all that but because of muh morals he's not going to make the exploit public

I just finished installing a9lh on my o3ds using plailect. If my 3ds were to hypothetically brick in the future, which backup nand am i supposed to use? I'm pretty sure it's sysNAND-al9h but honestly I have so many backups that I get confused

what the fuck? that was the last thing he said in the link i provided. so if all thats true then we are never getting an exploit?

wouldn't say never it's just up to other people now i guess

There anything I can install to max out play coins for in game unlocks? I don't really take my 3ds with me for walks or anything.

shake it in a bag for 3 hours

i doubt its even gonna come out now. my hope is lost. we will never get to see dlc on loadiine. shame

Yes, but if you're careful (and use Hourglass9) you can flash any backup and not lose a9lh.
Anyway, always do a backup before doing something that might brick, so you won't lose much data.