>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/87FjnR7M

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2B3Uz
youtu.be/mrQ_L1lVkfw
youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for how do I get this crap working on linux

1st for best waifu

discord.gg/2B3Uz

come join the discord, we have Family Game Night on Table Top Simulator going on right now!

do you enjoy hurting me?
Making me suffer?

My thread was so much better. , It had an edition, a spess related image, and even a last time section. It was made with love but no, you go and make this shit thread just to hurt me

one day you will reap the consequences of this action

I only live to hurt, senpai.

How many people are in the discord

I can't think of anyone who unironically would want a blunderbuss. Shit autostacks now so you can't fill your backpack with 7 tiles and have a beaker of fuel in your pocket. Even floor tiles are easier to use and there's so little that's actually worth it that we haven't and likely never will have an effective trained blunderbuss militia sustaining fire down a hall.

Can only be a mommi for so long until no built-in rcd and only one claw when you're securing windows makes you want to kill yourself.

Because it cockblocks ban evaders stone cold until Dylan lowers it cause >Dylanstrategie

Can you disposal pipe through?

CMO's never know what they're doing. Anyone actually decent avoids cmo so they're less of a target. The only thing it has is the hypo and that's only good for getting yourself killed for it and chloraling shit but you should be using pacilube anyway.

Next time get a metal tomahawk, tools, and welding goggles in the early round down time. What you want to do if when that wizlingchangeapirecorgicharizard acts up you shoot it with your shotgun, wrench chairs or weld lockers/rods for metal, drop a table and cut his head off by targeting the mouth with the tomahawk. then go cook the brain, deconstruct it, or melt it at your leisure.

The Queen is not thicc and I refuse to say it anymore.

49 online right now, a ton more offline.

most people AFK.

>Blueberry
>Thicc

Two completely different things you faggot.

Why isn't Sawbones admin? I bet he'd be better than the shitty ones we have right now.

Cause it's sawboner. Do you really want a constantly irritated sawboner to make decisions that impact people? Things can always get worse.

Because he has the mindset of a 16 year old

Why aren't you admin? I bet you'd be better than the shitty ones we have right now.

I don't think I've ever seen Sawbones irritated.

How so?

He went absolute madman a while back and he's trying to rein it in. I think the warnings he got helped.

With lots of effort, and probably poorly.
A Windows virtual machine is probably your best option.

He metagrudges a lot of people but acts like their friend when they're around. He favours his immediate friends over anyone else, believing they can't do any wrong.

t. Pain

>not going balls to the wall over-robust on every station with randomized name and appearance so sore losers can't go 'P-P-P-POWERGAYMEN!!!'

>not switching servers the instant you detect a lynch mob of 'he's too robust please ban him admins' retards forming

>not coming back under a new ckey

sure wish my waifu would get on

Fuck this, I am tired of being underappreciated. I'm leaving this thread forever you ungrateful fucks.

Dana is thicc thicc thicc!

You're a toe the line shitter. Fuck you i'm gonna play ark now.

How do you kill a seasoned sec/hos without going loud?
Breaking into brig has high chances of having the AI sniff you out or bumping into another officer. Catching them in maint is nearly impossible unless you're willingly to wait an absurd amount of time hidden inside a locker.
Sometimes being a syndicate gets really frustrating

Pacid smoke prox grenades hidden in bags

The SPS will always go off though because muh crutches for sec

If they're goodcurity, spend the whole round building up a rapport with them. Maybe even save them once, if possible. Then blindside them once you've earned their trust.

Otherwise, PDA the officer and tell them you have something they'll want. If you're in Medbay, you've just finished a superpower injector for them. If you're in Science or Cargo, you've got a shiny new gun for them. Think of something.
Then when they come to pick it up, parapen or chloral them so they can't call for help, take their radio, cuff them, and then decapitate them somewhere in maintenance and take the head with you.
Decapitation is the best route because once they die, Sec is going to flock to your position. Stripping will cause the same thing, and spacing without stripping will lead to the body's recovery via telescience and then cloning.
Best option is to decapitate them and then take the head and run before Sec gets there. Make sure to wear gloves and NOT wear any clothes that can tie you to your job, in case they've got a Detective or HoS with a scanner.

Vote yes on both server polls to finally remove vox

This is why admins should make these votes on the forums.

Why even add "I don't care" options to optional polls? Same shit as not voting.

It lets people get a better picture of how large the total pool of active players is at the time.

Aren't there scripts already doing that by gathering active ckey and CIDs over the day to cross reference with the votes?

Does anyone's hobbies or job when you play the game reflect your life in any way?

I fancy myself an alright cook, but chef, chemist, and geneticist don't hold much interest for me in SS13.

I play almost nothing but HoS, but IRL I tend to avoid conflict and leadership roles.

I actually manage reactor projects IRL and I sometimes try to apply some setups with atmos burn chambers to see if it works in SS13's atmos system.
They rarely do.

classic emasculated cuck playing his abusive power fantasies in a game

Botany and MoMMI are my favorite roles, guess I like helping people and having a good time making sure everyone can too.

I stay the fuck away from medical though, fucking snorefest, and the only reason I would even go there is to kill someone as a traitor or steal a paramedics gear, shit is surprisingly stylish

Joke's on you, I play a cordial and polite HoS and always make my best effort to meet the people I arrest halfway.

>Vox traders running all over the station stealing shit
>Attacking when their nigger brothers are held accountable for their voxtiding.
Why are admins never fucking on?

>Play medbay
>Everyone constantly treating themselves because they think they can do your job better than you
>constantly moving around so you can't tell what's fucking wrong with
>Telling you how to cure them like I don't already fucking know
>People constantly stealing shit
>Breaking into chemistry when they can just ask me to make them shit

I am never playing medbay again. I just wanted to fucking help people but it was one of the worst experiences I had in this game

>observed that whole round

I don't have nearly enough lines to greentext the absurdity. 10/10 would observe again.

KNIFE CLUB LIVES ON

Knife gang may have been subverted but it can never die. Hail the knife.

Bully in high school and bully in security.
I feel bad for the former. I am so sorry

you picked a bad time to be raycis, cap
t. happy knife merchant

also shout out to my robust merchant friend

so where else should i get a tool belt and insulated gloves as vox trader?
usually at round start i rush to mining for the belt no one uses and to north of the main station for free gloves no one uses
i usually use my coin on the box cloner

Most amazing round ever, great note to end on.

CHLORAL
SYRINGE
GUN

Holy shit you weak ass medbay folk whine every time someone steals your shit. How about you fucking stop them from taking your shit?

Slip, chloral, sleep tox, take his headset off. go strip and mass diver him then eva away, throw the sps while you're out there, making the sps useless.

You can voice changer and call for help though. If you wanna hunt, hunt bitch. It's shit for the round to just tricky pricky and he's out of the way though. No action.

To be fair I once died 5 times in a row because the 3 doctors working on me didn't know I needed blood and eventually they just threw me in the cloner. On a first impression there isn't a way to tell if medical is good or bad and people usually assume its bad.

I'm an unemployed layabout loser irl so assistant fits me perfectly!

I wanted to sweep things, and ended up as the captain's bodyguard, oh well.

same 2bqfh

>Waiting at the door
>Nobody comes
>Nearly die
>Just hack in
>Live
GEE. I WONDER

Good work tho
You always kept hitting then leaving me right before I died

>meanwhile in the AI core
youtu.be/mrQ_L1lVkfw

I'm a mathematician but I pretty much play space to relax from all that, so I try to avoid engineering, atmospherics, toxins, anything where it might actually come in handy. I've worked out how to do it all myself, but I just don't want to. I'd rather just do something mundane like Cargo or Service.

KNIFE CLUB FOREVER
DOWN WITH KOLTON

TRADE
R
A
D
E

FUCKING SHITTERS

youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4

>crew
>trading
top lmao

>vox trader who does not trade asks why the fuck nobody trades with him

Its almost as if your lack of deals affects your entire job as a outcast trying to bargain with the station.

I skateboard and fix boats.
Not sure how that translates to dicking around in space but whatever.

Why should Non-Humans be restricted from head rolls?

Because they're not human.

/case

Because NT is a HUMAN corporation

the human dominated crew said so
is this really hard to understand? humans get upset if their boss is a different ethnicity, let alone an alien race

NT Default doesn't care about race. So if NT's lawset doesn't give a shit why would they?

Because we are medRP and God forbid there's the joke that the higher ups trust more in a screaming flammable skeleton than you.

If I played more conservatively I probably wouldn't have even needed the help of the borgs. But I thought fuck it, and tried to see if I could take all of you on at once. I think I prefer it that way since I learned a lot about fighting a big crowd and that goes a long way to being able to do it right the next time if I have to.

I have no regrets about being racist or anything else that happened that round. I'd do it all again if I could. And I'll definitely keep being mean to vox traders as captain in the future.

10/10 round 2bh, a good note to end on after the two other great rounds I had earlier. It's nice to see so much action and be able to practice getting gud

gas the vox race war now
Admins need to hand out more vox trader bans

Because NT default is an old lawset which was around when the crew was human only. Hence why Asimov is now the standard lawset at roundstart

Because the chain of command is stronger when the leader is the same race as the underings, because NT is mostly human, because the majority of the crew fucking voted yes, because Vox are usually niggers or really fucking good

Because humans are not bound to AI Laws for fucks sake. Human Resources is distinct from Artificial Intelligence Laws.

Who the fuck is this retard?
It was always asimov as default.

Because they adminhelp the second I laser them for going into upload and grabbing freeform without asking or telling anyone and then the admin gets as headache as I give him too much information instead of just going 'he was nonhuman comdom'

>did you hear, Stacy? user voted no on the Veeky Forumsstation server polls

Muh balids.
Why not just bolt your upload at round start to prevent that drama? You won't need to open it for them.

asimov has been the standard since forever my man
1. no one gives a shit
2. nt default doesn't give a shit
3. knee jerk reactions with no actual reasoning behind it
4. so we're blaming the race and not the players?
If we're going to use RP reasons, on our lightrp server, then yeah its a valid argument.
you're a shitty ai that acts on probable harm. Why would the captain attempt to harm any humans.

Because then the retarded non humans who try to change the laws can't get what's coming to them

Accept that the borgs won't help you, non human faggots. It's the price you pay for playing non-humans, especially plasmamen and greys.

>meme

Read the server rules~

It's POTENTIAL harm you dingus, probable harm is what's okay to act on. But he's entirely within his right laser non humans that try to change laws desu

Because without exception they are shitters that make everything worse for the people trying to keep the station safe

>Get a captain level ID in 2 minutes with a toolbox
>le serve above protect face
>Law 2 kill everyone lower ranked than me
:^)

1 is still valid even if you don't care
2 nt default is a shit lawset compared to assimov anyhow, so why even bring it up when we mostly use Assimov
3 I literally just told you they vary extremely, going from niggers to great players, with most of the great players being medical and most of the niggers being traders and shit, cause guess what, traders usually fuck shit up hard cause they think the job of a trader means a free pass to loot shit and then get admin protection when they get shot. Why trust these kind of bad aples that outnumber medical by a longshot? Its like giving a random ssistant comdom status
4 We are blaming the race playerbase, as in, the players who decide to play vox. Guess what fag, not a whole lot of people play vox, so most are the same with verry litle variation, so a clear patern of behaviour is set and observed. Bird niggers and the occasional good berd

They have no inherent benefit to being on command, heck, a single assistant with a stun prod and cable cuffs can with ease just fucking kill you by asphixiation, what do you even do better than the others at being on command if people will likely disobey you ic and ooc for being a vox?

wow it's like we can't totally rewrite part of NT to fix that issue.

>traders go around killing people and get admin protection for it
Who started this meme?

They may not kill but I've seen them try to kidnap people more times than I can count

>what do you even do better than the others at being on command if people will likely disobey you ic and ooc for being a vox?

I dont know man, possibly players actively play Non-human head roles so why restrict them.

Vox traders have zero place outside of the their trade ship on an NT station. If they so much as touch anything you can server rules wise legitimately order them spaced by anyone.

>giving a fuck about the AI on vgstation
As much as other stations abuse the AI, it's nothing compared to the absolute fucktarded shit I see happen here. It's 100% every round there's an AI, someone is going to actually stab himself in the face over and over. Just because.

And sillicons are the ONLY players that have a one-strike rule when it comes to ahelps. Despite the crew constantly trying to kill eachother and creating intentional conflicts while fucking around with the station and the laws in rapid sequence.

Meanwhile the fucking bartender has gotten full illicit gear, gone into atmos, fucked everthing, gone to chapel, kicked out all the glass to the void. Played Botanist the next round. Grew nothing but weed and gibbed the chef. Played RD next round. Spaced the vox in xenobiology. And so on, and so forth. Because he's not stupid enough to play borg where every god damn round is a limbo stick of ahelps the fucking second someone gets caught in the crossfire of two greytiding powergame faggots in areas they shouldn't be.

Haha, no.
Kurt was banned for killing a vox who was shooting at crewmembers on the escape shuttle, in a round with like 90% of the crew dead.

not asking why no one trades with me
we usually have fruit or materials up with the other vox
just asking if there's a better way to get the basic items for hacking and deconstructing

>This guy numbered several reasons as to why putting a minute part of the player base in command jobs is bad and has no real place in the game
>instead of having any real counterargument, im going to respond to his question regarding what the minority could do better by saying they rarely did it in the past
>

What the fuck are you doing

he made 0 points at all and you're both spewing word salad

Is there a no rules server? Where's the nox equivalent?

You cried about me being a non human and not having to listen to me so I went to defy grays as humans you fucking autistic child.

If you want to play a head, play human.

Otherwise accept that you're not playing head. No one has to explain why not allowed. It's the same reason tajaran's are kill on sight. We're not encouraging furry fuckbubbles here. Eat shit.