/dangeru/ - VA-11 HALL-A General

Welcome to /dangeru/!

Tittie hacker a cutie edition.

Previous thread: >What's VA-11 HALL-A?

A cyberpunk visual novel game where you are a bartender, slinging drinks to waifus.

OST: garoad.bandcamp.com/album/va-11-hall-a-second-round

Official site: waifubartending.com/
Official Devblog: blog.waifubartending.com/
Official Discord: discord.gg/AjMvbyS
Demo: kiririn51.itch.io/valhalla-bar
Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/447530/
Support Streaming-Chan: shining-fingered.moe

Ded Devs
Ded Game
Ded Sei

What burg does each character order?

I hate that the mere positive mention of characters being gay, transgender or whatever is now a hallmark of "muh SJW". It used to be actually interesting, a sign of how wild the setting is. Now I can't tell if people are doing it to be interesting or just crowbarring it in for progressive points.

Oh well, I'll just assume it's ok when the characters involved are interesting and being a minority doesn't define their entire character.

Rad shiba gets an hot dog

So why all the references? Also the game metions people actively trying to sabotage its development in the "Thank you" dangeru post. What's the story behind it?

I kind of get both sides, however when it's Cyberpunk, gender roles, sex, race, disabilities and even discrimination against androids and other sentient machines is kind of a given. So making a big deal out of it is kind of pointless, since it's a part of the genre.

All the references to ROM? Same publishers, which is also the reason there are so many fucking references to YIIK -- they ordered them to shill the hell out of the game.

MidBoss and ysbryd are the same people?

ERP when?

At the other end of a gun

I was just thinking, why don't one of us make a VA-11 HALL-A Shadowrun mod?

Post phone screens

I could probably get my Wangblows phone's home screen to look like Jills with danger/u/ and all, but I'm not autistic enough to put forth that much effort.

Post your dick

So what's up with the development being sabotaged?

Government death squads.

Being stuck in the bathroom cuz no toilet paper

Updating your phone is for squares

That one is good as a lock screen.

I wonder if one could be made as a standard home screen though. Like a cityscape or something.

I know exactly what sort of replies I'll get

>24% charge
>BBC
>Clover
>Reddit
>Unread messages

Jaw seems kind of off.

TRIGGERED

The jaw was reconstructed using that exact same image you posted as an overlay.

It's the straight diagonal line. And that fat line at the bottom.

I have no creative talent.
pic related

>bbc
Placeholder because other feeds weren't loading images properly
>clover
>implying
>reddit
:^)

that's probably why it looks off. Jill in the lock screen is more dead-on than Jill in the bar.

I like it, how did you get things to animate?

Yes. This I noticed. This is why the mouth I drew isn't exactly where it would have landed on the overlay.

I tried to add some definition but it looked worse.

So

This.

They're not even allowed to be characters anymore, like they are in this game, for the most part. It's either another notch on the diversity checklist or someone trying to make a point about how they shouldn't be in the bathrooms at Target.

I guess at some point shit'll get sorted out, but until they we just gotta deal with what we get, and maybe make some cool games and stuff to help make the transition easier.

It's funny how even in a dystopia there's still some things done better.

They're saying that Other devs' time is up, and Sukeban games time is now.

I think it's mostly because it is a dystopia, people have more important shit to care about than who people are fucking and what genders they are.

>Sei

Stella please calm down, even in /dangeru/ you don't wanna be too lewd in "public"

I want to fuck Jill behind the bar while she tries to serve Patrons!

But user, real life is a dystopia too

Some places yes, and in those places you don't have social justice warriors because people are more concerned about staying alive and such. People complain most when they're comfortable.

The nose was a bit off. I can't say much about the jaw, but the nose is properly bridged now.

You have the exact same people from those minorities, the difference is in those countries they'll be imprisoned or murdered and can't speak up to the same degree in public

The only difference in western nations is we tend to frown on that kind of censorship and lynching and have slightly less of it

so do the devs have an about us page

Better? Antialiasing would do wonders here, but I'm working with that limited palette

>Also the game metions people actively trying to sabotage its development in the "Thank you" dangeru post. What's the story behind it?
Probably /agdg/ shenanigans.

>im posting a screenshot of my phone with a lock screen a character in a video game uses to an anonymous image board at 4 in the morning

my future when i get a new phone in the next month or so

good luck user

it's not a good feeling

tfw everyone here is lame

Ingram is best boy

But that's not not-Kaneda

why is her skin orange?

Because she's a slut and sluts weat a lot of fake tan.

>yfw Boss has a huge goofy smile hidden behind her scarf on the BOOS & ME screen

I'd rather be a loser than not have a phone like right now. I basically no longer exist.

Accept her as a slut and become enlightened.

user, after you get a phone you'll still feel like you no longer exist, but it wont be because you don't have a phone, it'll be because nobody cares enough about you to text or call you

I can't believe some utterly triggered anti-sjw actually sat there and made that image, probably feeling so EUPHORIC about themselves the entire time

That's not true, people texted me. And honestly, I mostly need it to book doctor appointments.

oh. carry on then.

Jesus christ what a bunch of lonely losers we all are.

Who am I kidding, I doubt they'll start texting again. Over a month and I'm gone from their lives.

it's okay user, you have us! at least until we die or turn into /ksg/

Is this series or it's world going to be expanded upon?

lol

i remember reading they were planning on making dlc for the game, so yes.

I went and used yours as a base to edit, if you don't mind

Nose is a bit too far down, but the composition of the face in general is much better.

I might just be talking out my ass here but if they really are going to make new stuff it shouldn't be too hard at this point should it? I mean they got everything from the engine to the assets down already so all that's left is to write a couple of new scenarios and code them in right?

So what exactly is a Cat Boomer

A genetically altered fetus to prevent nanomachine rejection. The cat ears aren't actually ears, but they are a plus.

Cat Boomer is used as a general term for all of them, but it's referring to the boom in genetically altered human catgirls all at once when the concept caught on as a fad

Damn son, it's 27 degrees here in Nagoya

what's the closest visual novel to this that I can use to plug the gaping wound left from finishing the game and having nothing left to play

This any better?

my suggestions:

World End Economica
Saya no Uta
Muv Luv

All happy stuff, you won't regret it.

DELETE THIS

You have to be more specific. Like, what are your three favourite elements from Vallhalla.

>All happy stuff
Understatement of the century

Just because I don't want to see you get your fun ruined, is trolling about happy stuff.
In terms of entry level stuff:
If you want something slice of life/mostly fluff, I haven't read them but the Nekopara series might work for you. If you like the GAY GIRLS part, you could read Sono Hanabira.
If you want something with a little more story, you could go for the classic babby's first VN Katawa Shoujo.
If you want something with more story than that, you could try something like Steins;Gate, Grisaia no Kajitsu, or Clannad, although all these have a somewhat dark later-half.

>Steins;Gate

I still haven't finished it because I don't know how many more times I can listen to her die.

The payoff is worth it lad, go finish it. You might need a walkthrough to get the True Ending though.

> (You) is trolling about happy stuff

Gee user, thanks god you're here!

Imagine if the poor bastard actually downloaded Muv Luv and played the whole thing. I can't just sit by and ruin his week like that.

I imagine he'd figure it out before finishing all of it

Come on Muv Luv is not that bad. Weakest of the 3 I listed but not that bad.

I'm really looking forward to read World End Economica ep3 tho.

Muv Luv isn't bad, but I'd rather not trick people into playing it when they're looking for something else. It's so mainstream at this point that somewhere down the road they'll prolly run into it if it interests them.
Same with Saya, though I haven't played WEE so I can't comment on it at all.

I need to do Chris' and true.

The true ending is top tier hype, but if I remember correctly you have to follow a pretty specific set of text choices to land it, otherwise you land the regular Kurisu ending.

Go! Go! Streaming-chan!

When I try to boil it down to all the things that drew me to it, the more it makes me sure there's very little else that hits the same notes.
>Valhalla takes place in a cool aesthetically-pleasing Cyberpunk universe, don't think there are many cyberpunk VN's out there
>Valhalla has a female protag who isn't inherently always chasing after dick by default and actually likes girls too
>Valhalla's aforementioned gay girls aren't the bland ecchi schoolgirl romance shit,whereas a lot of 'yuri' VN's out there seem to hit that trope hard
...And the good writing, but that's a given.

this fairy game will be the death of me

>it's progressive to tolerate
Looks more like neglect to me, people just wouldn't care anymore.

>I haven't played WEE

I recommend it. Same author of Spice & Wolf.

Yeah I know it's from the same author, but I haven't even gotten around to finishing the spice & wolf LNs yet. I plan on reading WEE in the future, but I'm not in a hurry since it's incomplete.

If you can read Jap, it's complete.

If you can't, translation of ep 3 is coming out next month or something.

I thought Gay Roof Ghosts was okay, and that was similar to this. Most VNs are complete ass though, definitely a medium with an unusually high Sturgeon's proportion.

Didn't Lenore's or somebody's mother still act all homophobic towards her, and it was implied that she was doing it since her circle of friends were also that way? Just feels like discrimination isn't entirely gone in the game's universe yet.

>if you can read jap
someday.

Well Mario's entire character is that he acts macho to deflect how gay he is, if being gay was completely normal I doubt he'd do that.