>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

OLD

Other urls found in this thread:

totalwars.ru/index.php/total-war-warhammer-news/2576-total-war-warhammer-fb-dlc-and-expansion-pack-plans.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rollan!

wood elfs are for brettonian cocks

KHORNE'S BLOODY GLORY

# for artillery edition

>Bretonnians are for Wood Elves cocks
You know it's true

Based

>People actually complaining that there isn't any matched combat in TW:W

Seriously? Matched combat was one of the worst things to ever happen to the TW series. I can appreciate it make the game feel more "cinematic" but for gameplay it does NOTHING and even hurts it. Why do people want it?

what's better, vampires or wight kings?

no u

How do you guys build Grimgor?

man, I always crack up when I remember Ciaphas Cain's reply to that.

>Wood Gaylves
>Fucking anything but their own ass

for sex

What was his reply?

>that image
>Warhammer wood elf

ayy lmao

pls ;_;

That's just imperial propaganda, wood elf qt's are superior in every way to dirty human 'females'

I quite like the blood and gore effects

>It will be months before you can Jew Bretonnia and kill shit with trees

wight knights because vampires has the lore of death

HARRIERS FOR THE CUP! *headshot*

or basically:
"(insert for favorite football team) for the Cup!"

But I want Wood Elves now!

Great camerawork mate..

And now we need a new one with blood and gore

>that art style for the wood elf
made me not buy the game

this is what they look at on the cover of an official book, not some shit licensed l4d copy

Sisters of Twilight are literally anime-tier.

what a boss
>qt edition
best edition

How do you think they could implement Wood Elves?

It just seems Wood Elves would be difficult to do.

Maybe they could place woodland shrines around forested regions, and those shrines are attacked by Chaos, Beastmen, Orcs and so on, and you have to defend them?

Wild Riders, coming through

I'm gonna assume you're not being sarcastic.

Thank you! I actually didn't plan any of that, it all just happened while I was trying to enjoy the show.

No idea actually, will they have walled settlements?
Will they have settlements at all?
Will they be able to cross impassable wood terrain on the campaign map will Beastmen be able to do the same?
What can they even conquer?

The mini campaign will be great though, of that I'm sure!

>100 year anniversary of the Somme
>still no Great War TW
>you will never kill 50,000 huns

I think they will have settlements around forests, as well as the Beastmen. Then they and Beastmen will have an underway style of travel, but through the forests and with forest themed battles.

Forest battles could make it harder to use flyers and reinforcements, and maybe make more units vanguard

>Wood Elves vs Beastmen
>Forest battle
>Both armies get mass vanguard deployment

ok here are a few, just ideas
Number 1.
Horde army. Can only use the settle function in wooded areas. Cannot capture settlements of any other factions. Optionally add a new type of woodlands settlement type that only wood elves and beastmen can capture.

Number 2.
They have settelements in Athel Loren. These are in provinces owned by different wood elf factions. The Athel Loren portion of the map gets extended and made larger than it is in the current build. Can not capture settlements other than those in Athel Loren. There has to be something that drives the wood elves to do things other than just sit in their forest though, maybe the trees get VENGEFUL AS FUCK and decide "yknow what fuck karak norn fucking manlet fucks" and march on them OR ELSE

There will be a mini campaign the likes of Hannibal or the emperor augustus campaign I think, which would be this giant map of athel loren along with beastmen in there and some bretonnians also

I had more ideas when i started writing but i forgot them as i was writing which is sad because I know that at least one of them was a good idea

If they ignore the lore completely they could have the Wood Elves expand their woodland in a version of the corruption mechanic.

and only being able to conquer each others settlements, like dwarfs and orcs. doesn't sound that improbable

same with Beastmen but a corrupted and wilder forest. Wood Elves can spread their corruption in Beastmen forests faster than on clear ground, and vice versa

That's actually not a bad idea

Did these cunts not remove the restrictions to unit size this patch?

Will we get hilarious deployment results like celts vs. celts in Attila again?

Don't the forest sprites in Athel Loren want to expand their forest anyway?
Managing forest growth could be a pretty cool mechanic, if you expand then you'll get advantages on both campaign and battle map but suffer penalties in diplomacy and make Beastmen attacks more frequent, while restricting growth will give you a more balanced influence.
You've then got a bit more options when functioning as a truly neutral faction.

They could make it somewhat consistent with the lore by having only those factions which threaten the heart of the woodland get targeted for forestation. You could rationalize that it's still defensive that way. So if Bretonnia keeps disrespecting their borders, it's fair game to spread the forest over a few settlements.

This is a Total War game made by CA. We should embrace all its flaws. If you say otherwise you are a retard. This is how we help the game evolve. I have never played any other games than Total War games. I love CA. CA is pleasure. CA is life.

>here we go again
Stop shitting up my thread, fuckface

don't talk to me or my thread ever again

>It's a /twg/ discusses future content which makes you desperate for more stuff episode

>it's a dumb phoneposter frogposter episode

Get over yourselves elfcucks.

I don't know shit about the lore but it doesn't seems like the kind of forest which would burn like that

Isn't it magic or some shitlike that ?

>Both armies get mass vanguard deployment
pls no, its completely broken in Attila, the AI has no idea what to do in such situations, its too easy to completely meme them

>ladies and gentlemen, time to start your shitposts
Don't make me post more Nonon

LUMBAHFATS GET OUT RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I want a special bretonnian rebels group to be peasants with smuggled empire muskets.

Bud...

Don't give the idiot attention and he will fuck off all by himself

God Bless the man whose cock and balls get to ravage that qt.

grow a pair of ears

>There will never be an Otomo-esque Bretonnian dukedom that imports firearms and Lets the peasants worship Sigmar

In the lore, there are Bretonnian merchants with smuggled Empire tech who want to have a revolution against the nobility.

>with muskets
You want Bretonnia eradicated within 10 turns?
They get cucked by gunpowder so hard, a single rebel unit would turn the western Old World into a smoldering wasteland!

Yeah I kinda remembered that bit due to WHFRP game I was once in, we played as filthy marienburger smugglers selling shitty nuln-knockoff's to the wine drinkers.

What is Nippon? except Sigmar

Athel loren(the forest) used to be spread around the entire world but has now shrunk. the wood elves want to expand the forest and will likely do that trough a mechanic similar to corruption

Was this the "let's pander to weebs" book

Not a real faction

do they really? Don't they have stones containing the forest around it? And doesn't Athel Loren have its will of its own?

We don't talk about that user.

Shit

Considering most of their monster units are super weak to fire I'd say no.

I mean there's a reason why Humans, orcs and Dwarfs are spread all over the world and control gigantic territories while they're confined to a tiny little forest

Best workshop mods for rome 2 ?

they used to be, just as Chaos Dwarfs (though on a lesser scale)

My guess is that when they expand East they'll include them in some capacity, just like they did with Tilea, Estalia and Border Princes. They're just there to keep things busy. Though they'll probably use a single generic "Eastern Humans" faction rather than making unique Cathayan and Nipponese factions.

i could go into a lenghty rant about the elves and the warhammer world but wont since im at work

long story short, the woods are magical as fuck and cannot just be burned down like that

There is a reason the woods still exist. Its basically its own dimension of being outside of the rest of the world and the wood elves can live there because the forest lets them

There is a reason trespassers and raiding parties disappear just from walking into it

You realize warhammer guns, which are more or less medieval guns are complete garbage right?

In the table top game they literally have less range than crossbows or long bows and contrary to the latter they have to stay stationary if they want to fire their weapons.

Even in tw:wh they suck and are extremely situational and barely usable against a real opponent.

True, but the forests where they live are pretty much impregnable to attackers with the exception of beastmen. They can't take on big factions head to head, but they're nearly impossible to flush out and can exploit or cooperate with them in relative safety.

I honestly doubt the map will ever go that far. We don't have any real concrete map information beyond the Ogre Kingdoms and even that is patchy.

>3 dingery dillery dollary doolery dooes for blood

Ogre Kingdoms and Chaos Dwarfs are 99,9% confirmed due to start locations in the game files.
Also the east would be pretty empty without Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs

well, walking into it if they dont get shot down first

there's been a new leak?

I meant Nippon and Cathay. The Darklands seem quite likely at this point I agree, it just makes sense from a strategic point of view.

It's been from 2 weeks or so ago

Most likely. I really doubt we will see any unique models for them, if they even go that far east. My bet is that they stop at Mountains of Mourne (Ogre Kingdoms) because there hasn't been anything official east of there for decades

Oh, should've read further.
I'm pretty sure Cathay and Nippon won't be in the game, really not likely!

What does /twg/ think of Maximus Decimus Meridius?

delete this

I dunno user, the statement from CA saying "ALL FACTIONS WITH RULE BOOKS WILL BE INCLUDED" is a big give away on what factions are in.

>you can trust CA's words

ok

Karl Franz I, Protector of the Empire, Defier of the Dark, Emperor Himself and the Son of Emperors, Elector Count of Reikland and Prince of Altdorf would beat him

i knew about the factions thing
i was asking about the starting locations
dick

Uninstall.exe mod

look at the map, there's too much space east for ogres and evil manlets to be left out

You can when the head designer says he loves Warhammer, is sick of History and wants all the races in

I think the only reason they wouldnt would be because they dont get the amount of sales they need to fund it. But I have no doubt they really do want all the races in.

hey, i think they modeled it by our real world and they put high elves where atlantis is said to have been, the most advanced civilization.

neat

what the fuck

That's from some russians that found the dlc markers for beastmen and wood elves but also start locations that gave away some early dlc schedule.

>totalwars.ru/index.php/total-war-warhammer-news/2576-total-war-warhammer-fb-dlc-and-expansion-pack-plans.html