/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #11 - Hips edition

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD

More Zelda 1? Check Zelda Classic's romhacks:
zeldaclassic.com/

>News/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10639796
i.imgur.com/hovqqPc.jpg
strawpoll.me/10639796zg/
strawpoll.me/10640102
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best Princess

I WANT TO FUCK FAI

fai for intrepid kamasutra experimentation

Is this official concept art?

Eleven threads in a row. That's more than I expected. Congrats, mah bois.

Official /lozg/ thread creation criteria: retard friendly edition

1. wait for 740 posts and announce you intend to make new thread
2. if you were making a thread already, stop, and let the announcement user do it
3. copy pasta, and links if applicable, remove, and backlink previous thread, then sit on it.
4. Post the thread on page 9 then announce in last thread on page 10
5. You're done

>FAI
Man that ounds retarded after having called her all this time just Fi (phee)

Honestly I'll just continue calling her like that

No this is.

delete this

Those are not hips.

Post all of these that exist

I know right? Phee is much more sexy sounding. I'm not that guy, also.

No, but these are.

Do you guys think that perhaps some of the areas in the Plateau that looked kinda flat and empty will have a town, or perhaps markets in the full game?

>tfw no ALTTP remake where you can date Zelda in the postgame
why live?

Seriously though. It would be awesome if Ganon had raped her at some point and cursed her womb to give birth to himself in the future

THICC
H
I
C
C

That pronounced F-eye or Fae? Because the latter could make sense considering lower-right corner of pic related.

>Post all of these that exist
I'll post the ones I have. ... After the full minute cool down time that Veeky Forums requires.

Thanks for that, Moot.

no one could seriously want something that cancerigenous in the game

Probably. They explictly said they removed towns and stuff purpousely.

You mean top right and no, just Phee, not Fae or Fai. I mean it's spelled Fi, not Pfi like Pfizer or Fa like Fate or some other bullshit. Tell me how you pronounce Fitness please

Romance options confirmed?

F-eye.

strawpoll.me/10639796

Goodness, could you even imagine?

This fanbase is already like 80% waifu-fags. Putting in dating sim mechanics would be... I can't even guess what would happen.

I have this NSFW one i.imgur.com/hovqqPc.jpg

>castellano
>no Español
España por favor

First official poll
/lostrawpoll.me/10639796zg/

>top right
No, lower right, the fairy design. I call her "Phee" too, for the record.
The kanji apparently clearly read as "F-eye," though. Nothing for debate overseas. So y'know, we're the uphill battle.

Holy shit. I didn't expect it to go that hardcore. I thought Zelda was aimed at kids and had a primarily kiddo audience

nice

What the fuck is that URL, user?

It's a standard Lorulean internet address? What's the issue?

shit. i broke it

First official /lozg/ poll

strawpoll.me/10639796zg/
strawpoll.me/10639796zg/
strawpoll.me/10639796zg/
strawpoll.me/10639796zg/
strawpoll.me/10639796zg/

I'm actually really curious about BotW's Zelda. It's fairly obvious that she's that "mysterious" voice with the fetching faux-British accent, but with the kinda post-apocalyptic setting, I'm hoping she's running around as Sheik.

I've always wanted Sheik to be a recurring boss throughout the game, the idea being that Zelda's testing you to see if you got what it takes to save the day.

>The kanji apparently clearly read as "F-eye,"
ファイ is just how you spell Φ in japanese instead of using the greek letter.

Now of course, in english Φ is pronounced Fai and not Phee, but english is fucking retarded and you pronounce that Phi everywhere else in the world.

you did it again

It works fine on Veeky Forums x for some reason. I don't know what that extra zg is for.

strawpoll.me/10639796

>I don't know what that extra zg is for
Zelda General.

God dammit user.

Is there gonna be some kind of hunger mechanic where you have to eat or your starve to death?

I don't want to sound like a troll but I really wonder if they'll go with the "save the woman" thing once again. They already did it in TP and SS.
What if the light in the castle is not Zelda but it's the triforce? What if they pull a Sheik in BotW, as you said, with Zelda being around the world, disguised?

>Japanese twice

Tetra looks like she's puking a taco.

Well. If that voice was Zelda, and that light was her. I don't remember her calling directly for help, as in "save me".
Maybe that implies that any sort of saving will be done on the side, or by accident?

What if your goal is to vanquish Ganon and save Zelda, you follow trails of hologram Zelda giving you hints towards dungeons her location, you go through all that and she's been dead for 75 years

There are many Japanese

I did that very fast, and didn't look back. I'm sorry

Anyone else annoyed that the trend these days in voice acting is to make everyone sound British? Shit is fucking annoying.

>I really wonder if they'll go with the "save the woman" thing once again.
Ugh. I really hope not. Never mind the politics of it, the whole save the princess thing is just BORING.

Besides, they already said they were going against convention on this one, so it seems unlikely they'd go with the cliche.

Regal isn't necessarily ""British"", you just think that's what a """"British"""" accent is because of all the other Americans using that fake as fuck accent in other games.

>Dat 'dorf

That's because it is meant to sound more exotic to the average USAian player.
Imagine if Zelda walked around talking like a Texan?

OI U WOT M8

>spoiler
I'm more than ok with this, actually. It'd be a nice twist.

>Link falls in love again as he regains his memories and hears Zelda's emotional pleas to him, decades old

That's all I've got. If you would like to make your own, here's the template. Have fun with that.

That's more a standard fantasy thing. It's absurdly common for fantasy characters, especially elves, to have some weird faux-British accent to make them sound more... I dunno, dignified?

>Texan

I'm Texan, and I don't have an accent. But still, don't give them accents, just give them normal voices.

SS Zelda confirmed for best Zelda

By experience. The normal accent is an accent still. I thought i didn't had one until i heard myself speaking (taped). Yours may be weaker than other, but it's still there, trust me.

>strawpoll.me/10639796
>joke options
This is not how a serious poll works.

It was the first official one, not a serious one.
i'll make it better than. Wait a minute.

>not ALTTP
have you not seen ?

>implying being dead would stop her from doing stuff
And now there's robots everywhere, so she's got options.

>i.imgur.com/hovqqPc.jpg
I ask the same of you, just look how damn happy she is about being fucked in the ass and then in the throat

>That's more a standard fantasy thing

I understand that, but lately it has crossed over to movies and other video games that don't need "British" accents. Like the other day I watched Gods of Egypt with my dad and was put off entirely because I'm pretty sure Egyptians don't speak like that.

Real poll

strawpoll.me/10640102
strawpoll.me/10640102
strawpoll.me/10640102

But that's Zelda's soul split from her body, she didn't die.

Shiek is trans

>strawpoll.me/10640102
Now that's more like it.

>forsaw

>needing to turn into a dude to become strong
Pfft, scrub.

I bet you're a girl to be saying shit like that.

It was my understanding that there would be more titties here. Where are they?

Actually it was meant to have more hips. But we've been lied to.

Fi's legs are a miracle of the universe

>user is upset because his waifu is a punk bitch that can't fight worth shit
Heh.

Also, ears.

Fi isn't sexy.

Gonna rewatch all the voiced stuff to see, but is it possible the "British" accent you guys are all bitching about is actually SAP and as usual people are mistaking it for fake British?

>SAP
What the fuck is this?

>What the fuck is this?
A German multinational software corporation that makes enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations.

An enzyme produced by the prostate. It may be found in increased amounts in men who have prostate cancer or other diseases.

Standard American Pronunciation, also known as Standard American English or "General American." It's an American dialect that comes off as very proper and refined and is often mistaken for a British accent by people who don't know better.

My sister's actually the one who'd know more since she studied accents and dialects, so some of that (General American) may not be 100% accurate, sorry.

Which incarnation of Zelda is HW supposed to be?

HW Zelda.

The one from HW.

I've never even glanced at the game, do they give it its own lore and place in the timeline?

To me it actually didn't sound British at all.

You're in charge of BotW's dungeons.

There are to be 5 dungeons total and you have to come up with these categories.

Theme/Aesthetic (ie: Forest/Mansion or Volcano/Mines)
Item Obtained
Types of Puzzles (ie: Light puzzles, water raising/lowering)
Boss (just be generic ie: Dragon, Poe, etc.)

What types of dungeons do you create? I'm curious to see what everyone likes if they want to see a dungeon style or puzzle style again or want something completely new.

Yes, it seems to take place aeons after Twilight Princess. And the story is about the dangerous pitfalls of waifuing.

HW Zelda is an incarnation of her own.

Also, ears.

HW is in it's own autistic timeline

>There are to be 5 dungeons total
With such a stupidly huge map, 5 dungeons would be a joke no matter what

>Midna just laughs
It's probably something aweful like handholding

Plain bland face

Damn she's hot as hell. Best Zelda?

Sounds like a pretty good game.

Has Nintendo made any statements or given any idea of where it stands compared to other games on the timeline?

HW's Hyrule doesn't have many of the landmarks of previous games, so they crossover landmarks through time portals (OoT's Death Mountain, Skyloft, etc.). There isn't much lore to HW's Hyrule since the "lore" is more about Lana and Cia.

HW is not canon

Cia best girl