/fog/ Fallout General

Nate you Fucking Idiot edition

(Thus fuck the /pol/ Faggot)

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/EEaEc6rW

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15842/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Alright /fog/, what am I in for?

Obviously this one, because the other one was made by a /pol/ retard who's been shitting on both /TESG/ and Here for a while

What armor?

jesus fuck that face is creepy

Ranger armor.

Sex with ADA!

>playing fallout 4 for the last three hours
>almost completely burnt out after clearing out the cave under the red rocket and building food/water/radio/beds in the shit settlement and realizing there's no reason to do anything else with the settlements

I wouldn't be so burnt out if I wasn't finding pipe rifles and pipe pistols exclusively. Does this game get less shitty or is it generally terrible like the beginning has been? The dialogue system is fucking trash and makes this feel like mass effect, another shitty not-rpg pretending to be an rpg. Why do the faggots at bethesda have to ruin good things?
FUCKING STOP CHANGING THREADS I JUST WANT ANSWERS ON IF FALLOUT 4 IS EVER WORTH PLAYING OR NOT

I meant to ask what I can expect from Far Harbor.

Just bits and pieces of Combat and Metal.

Finally a Good OP

You can barely see the face how is it creepy

If there is a God, we'll be getting amazing Raider power armor customisation with Nuka World.

I meant the bikini

You'll get the special Nuka World raider PA which is just random pieces of the regular Raider PA with shitty legendary effects on them.

muh daughter.

got 6 outfits for her
short back story

still much to be done.

>people unironically put this kind of effort into LARPing in a game that isn't even fun originally

What the fuck is wrong with you

>what is AA

>I JUST WANT ANSWERS ON IF FALLOUT 4 IS EVER WORTH PLAYING OR NOT

Obviously not for casuals like you, go play solitaire.

Not him, but I find Fo4 miles more fun then either Fo3 or NV

>isn't even fun originally
for you

>I'm a retard who unironically likes to eat shit

Fixed your post

New Vegas is a significantly better RPG. Its problems entirely stem from the shit engine and bugs ruining the experience even with patches.

Any reason for companions being able to die in Rockets' Red Glare?

No, I mean in general. this is an objective viewpoint.

You subjectively find it enjoyable because you have no taste, which flies in the face of reality.

Bring ammo, grenades and don't screw up

and Fuck DiMA

And thus, I return

WOW SO THERE'S A WAY TO FIX THE HEAVY NPC EXPOSITION AND ALL THE TELL DON'T SHOW? POINT ME TO THAT PATCH PLEASE

> Its problems entirely stem from the shit engine
Na, all the problems with the god-awful reputation system, disguise system, alternate ammo types, and everything else Stem from Obsidian's known inability to design a functional game.

>reputation system is bad
>disguises are bad
>ammo types are bad

Right lad

ok and? I don't care what you think. You are that guy who takes a shit on floor in party. just go away.

>404 Not Found

>hype to meet dima and see all the sicknasty bladerunner stuff
>he's just some ultrafag pretending to be ghandi going on about muh gender identity and peace and love

lalalala didnt happen, just exploring muh island, there is no colony of synths here lalala

>I'm going to eat this shit and announce it to the world! You're so mad, aren't you?

Dude, if you consider playing FO4 a party, your life must be a rollercoaster of amazing times with such lowered standa

>reputation system
Literally nothing wrong with it.

>disguise
Underutilized, but it still gave you more freedom.

>alternate ammo types
>bad
What the fuck?

I never said the ideas were bad, only that they were TERRIBLY implemented

>Show don't tell in an RPG

One of the defining characteristics of any good RPG is the interactions between the player and non-player characters. NPCs are the lifeblood of any good location that is to be treated as a general hub.

You know why Winterhold is shit in Skyrim? Because excluding the College it has literally nothing worth mentioning. No fun interactions or NPCs to meet.

No they weren't, you're just a retard.

I love this meme that anything you say was done poorly means you think the fundamental ideas are bad.

Its the worst form of straw man because of how utterly blatant it is.

Tell me how Fallout 3 vanilla or fallout 4 compared to those "poorly" implemented gameplay features again :^)

I'm a fallout 1 oldie but I can even see you retards flailing to excuse FO4's complete degregation by bethesda.

>Ammo choice is bad

Personally, I would have loved if even only shotguns had differing ammo types

I want my coinshot, I want my slugs

Yes they were

Faction rep
>Kill three guys in the middle of the wasteland
>No one around to see you do it
>No one left alive to report it
>INSTANT VILIFICATION!

>Disable the nukes at the end of Lonesome Road
>Again, no one around to see you do it or report it
>Instant + rep from the Followers and BoS

If you don't see the obvious problems with this, then you area blind fanboy.

>he unironically thin ks his claim that "bad" gameplay features are somehow worse than completely stripping features out

Hahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaah you seriously are arguing this, bethdrone?

You're a disingenuous faggot and a retard

>You know why Winterhold is shit in Skyrim? Because excluding the College it has literally nothing worth mentioning. No fun interactions or NPCs to meet.

This is incredibly stupid because that's exactly how it's supposed to be. 1 of the residents literally spends all day getting drunk off his ass because there's literally worth anything there. You're sold a fucking dragonclaw, a key to a large pile of treasure, for 50 gold because the merchant needs the money that badly.

Easy

Fallout 3/4
>Kill someone in the middle of the wasteland, no one around to see you do it, no one knows you did it.

>Put on non face covering armor in front of an NPC, they don't forget who you are or if you are hostile or not hostile to them.

NV
>Kill some guy in the middle of the wasteland, no one around to see you do it, instant - rep from whatever faction he is part of because every NPC is psychic

>Put on non face covering armor of the Legion right in front of NCR soldiers despite being idolized by their faction, everyone forget who you are are shoots to kill.

Its hilarious how Bethesda managed to make a game that works more realistically without those gameplay mechanic then a game that does.

>Implying a functional but simple game isn't better then one that tries to be complex but fails in every aspect.
Quality comes before quantity.

You can have as many mechanics in a game as you want, if they dont work, the game will never be better then a game with less that does.

>You're a disingenuous faggot and a retard

And you're only trolling, drink bleach.

Kill yourself lad.

>quality before quantity

Right dude. You're a faggot and should kill yourself so you stop ruining the hobby I've cared about longer than you've been shitting yourself in your parent's basement.

No, I'm helping you understand your opinion has no worth to people who actually know what ) an RPG is b) what a Fallout game is supposed to be.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15842/?

This looks fucking terrible

>an RPG is
An RPG, by definition, is merely a game in which you play a role within a set of rules, and make choices and decision about your character within those set of rules.

>what a Fallout game is supposed to be.
The only people who can determine what a Fallout game is meant to be are the people who made the series, and both Tim Cain and Chris A have both voiced positive things about Bethesda's Fallout getting the series right

does the lore also explain why the capital city has 12 houses?

Kill

Yourself

Lad

>looks

sounds pretty awful too, listen to the VA

>hmm, how can i make my lazy mod more appealing?
>I know, I'll throw in all my other lazy mods as well, a package deal!

Also oatmeal cookies are 10/10, Darren needs to throw his fat ass off the nearest bridge.

Not him, but this is a retarded question to aks because Bethesda games have always used massive scale downs.

>le so wacky!!!1 quest mod

Yes it does.

>all those posts and comments sucking his dick
Why?

The obsidiot from NMA and RPGCodex went kaput!

And you kill yourself for deleting this tbqh

>I'll cry to the hotpockets once I'm BTFO

:^)

but Morrowind's capital was significantly larger and that game was released in 2002

It was also super heavily copy and pasted, with most of the cantons following the exact same design with some slight variation

Scaling. It's impractical, if not impossible, to build a believably large city if you have any interest in making a game that is largely about stuff that doesn't happen there.

Possible yes, but even with a team city building takes a fuckload of time

>we're too stupid to come up with ways to depict big towns because our programmers are all interns

Fixed your post.

And
A. The size of vivec was one of THE most singularly complained about parts of the game, with its being near universally hated and despised because no one wanted to walk through it. Even the smaller Imperial city from Oblivion got massive hate for its needless size, even though it had fast travel markers to every part of the city

B. Morrowind NPCs had no actual scripted AI schedules, they just stood in one place, or walked back and fort in a line over and over. Newer game's NPCs do have scripted AI schedules, which takes up many times more processing power then a Morrowind NPC did.

C. And the biggest one of all, Morrowind lacked actual physics for its items, everything was just placed in one spot, and ou could only pick it up, or drop it right where you were. Diamond City's exterior space as literally thousands of physics enabled objects laying around, which in turn costs much more processing power.

Its like comparing GTA to Elder Scrolls/Fallout, GTA cities are so big because the entire game world is nothing but static objects that cant be interacted with, and NPCs with no AI or schedules beyond walking around the block over and over.

It just boggles my mind how people can be this fucking ignorant of how games work

>The size of vivec was one of THE most singularly complained about parts of the game, with its being near universally hated and despised because no one wanted to walk through it. Even the smaller Imperial city from Oblivion got massive hate for its needless size, even though it had fast travel markers to every part of the city

Hi Todd. What are you doing here, don't you have mods to repurpose as DLC?

yeah but bigger is better so whatever. i'd rather have a diamond city split into a few loading screens with a few tens more npcs, give it an "actual city" feel rather than "a couple shacks in the middle of a green" feel

>This is incredibly stupid because that's exactly how it's supposed to be

Dude there is literally nothing besides like four houses. There is no indication that Winterhold was ever as big or as important as stated by the residents. Bethesda did a shoddy job portraying a large city lost to the sea. There's no rubble at the bottom of the cliff, no way to help rebuild, fucking nothing.

Witcher 3

>yeah but bigger is better so whatever. i'd rather have a diamond city split into a few loading screens with a few tens more npcs, give it an "actual city" feel rather than "a couple shacks in the middle of a green" feel
You might, but given how much people railed against New Vegas for doing that tyr to to make the Strip bigger, and how much people hated the Imperial city for doing it to make it bigger, you are not the majority.

I, personally, would rather have smaller towns that let me get a feel of the local culture, but that I can easily go into to, find what I need to find, and then leave so I can actually play the game, then spend 20 minutes walking/driving from one objective to the other ala GTA because they padded out the city with nothing but blank space.

>hear about the upperclass stands district in DC
>oh that sounds cool, I'll check it out
>it's just 2 shacks and a bar

Who /dozensofsettlementhalfbuilt/ here?

See
>Its like comparing GTA to Elder Scrolls/Fallout, GTA cities are so big because the entire game world is nothing but static objects that cant be interacted with, and NPCs with no AI or schedules beyond walking around the block over and over.

Replace GTA with Witcher 3, it does the same shit in its large city as GTA does.

nd I recall quite a few comments from people on the Witcher forums complaining about it being overly large, not being able to interact with 90 of the shit in the city, and the same complaints games like Morrowind and GTa have.

Most of Witcher 3's houses couldn't be entered.
Like I said, it's a serious bitch to build big cities.

Fallout 3: Its me, 3dog!! I know your father, and he told me you were straight out of the vault, so, before I tell you literally one sentence, I need you to go and kill 40 supermutants in the middle of DC, which so happens to be infested in supermutants! Dont worry, you are the main character!!

It's me, your father, you won't understand how this purification can work, go clean the drainage pipes retard. I know you have 10 intelligence, or the equivalent of like a 300 IQ, go go! Shoo!

Welp, the enclave are the evil bad guy, because they killed your dad, please go sacrifice yourself even though your companion is immune to radiation, we need an ending to this game after all!

Fallout 4: We added a voiced protag and default camera angles during speech, what, did you want to rp as someone who isn't a white male/female who cares about their kid? What are you, a nerd?

Fallout 3 and 4 rely on the gimmick of a family member in peril, Dad in F3 and Shaun in F4. They aren't actually related to you, so you don't care. In a rpg, the character needs to be open, so the player can form a canon for whatever character they want to rp. This is of course different for some games where you play a specific character, such as the Witcher. A voiced protag and camera angles in F4 are horrible for rp, personally, I like to do my second or third run through the game as a roided up nigger, who takes drugs and kills most everyone. This is not possible when the game has chosen a white male voiced protag who the game decides cares about his kid and gives you no options other than say, killing Kellog. During that interaction, every option is getting mad and yelling, it is an on rails game, which is great for an action game, not a RPG. In new vegas, you confront Benny and you are presented the option of joining him, New Vegas shows it is a RPG, unlike F3 or 4, which is the problem, not the gameplay issue of clothing.

Why exactly did the Children of Atom become so violent?

>why did a bunch of pissant tribals become so violent

Bethesda fucking knows how to make large cities. Hell anyone with a copy of gta could probably make a large city just by seeing how R* did it.

The problem is that with Bethesda's level of detail, and their games having their focus way the fuck outside of cities, it's not worth the time to both making cities more than what they are. You can't have all the clutter that reacts to physics and individual and persistent npcs with schedules and a story and a house you can enter and see their tastes in literature and rummage through their drawers. Not without expending more resources in making the game and upping the minimum to running the game

Me. I'm trying to fortify longfellow's cabin, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

>Fallout 3 and 4 rely on the gimmick of a family member in peril,
So did Fallout 1, 2, and other classic RPGs like Baldur's Gate, and at least one of the NWN1 expansions.

>They aren't actually related to you, so you don't care.
Funny, because I cared, and in the MANY other RPGs I know of with the family member in peril plot, I recall most people caring about them despite only knowing them for all of 10 minutes.

>This is not possible when the game has chosen a white male
The only think making Nate a white male if your choice of skin color
>INB4 the many times debunked BUT HIS ACCENT! argument

>In new vegas, you confront Benny and you are presented the option of joining him
Which makes literally zero sense given your background with him, making it ltierally an option for the sake of options without any thought into if it makes sense of not, destroying the beliveability of your character and that option and ruining the whole point of giving an option in the first place.

failure of leadership

But all they were in 3 were these cultists who hung around in Megatron, I don't see why they became a cross-east coast semi-military power.

>games can't make big cities, that's impossible to do with detail if you're making an open world
>mentions open world games with big cities
>WELL THOSE ARE TOO BIG AND FALLOUT 4 ACTUALLY DOES IT RIGHT

hahahahahahaha you're a shill, confirmed

>Megatron
why did i lol?

>They aren't actually related to you, so you don't care.
Fucking what?

by that logic no one could ever feel any emotion for any character in a movie, book, or TV show, or feel any emotion for a character losing their family in a movie book or TV show, because those people aren't real and aren't related to you.

And yet that shit fucking gets millions tearing up IRL.

That is one of the singularly most retarded comments I have ever seen someone make on /FOG/

But that's true. Both of those games have big cities that are more or less just used as a landscape. You can't enter every single building, you can't enter most buildings

face where?

Like Fallout 4 where Concord is just a setpiece with like 4 buildings you can enter

Concord isn't an inhabited town, what a fucking terrible false comparison.

4 buildings with load doors, but at almost a third of the remaining buildings you could still walk into. It's the sacrifice bethesda had to make in order to get the scale of the world feeling large enough. It's the same technique R* uses, though Bethesda has a better ratio of buildings that are more than glorified backdrop.

>fallout 1 and 2 also did

Fallout A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game: Vault 13's water chip broke, you need to find a new one.

Note: Character backround is very open, arguably tied to vault you do not care about, though that is a fucking stretch.

Fallout 2 A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game: We have no water, find a GECK.

Did you play these games?

>Funny, because I cared, and in the MANY other RPGs I know of with the family member in peril plot, I recall most people caring about them despite only knowing them for all of 10 minutes.

Well you are playing someone else's character, not your own, that is the point. Fallout is a game where you make your own character, you care about what you care about, not what the game shoves down your throat.

>The only think making Nate a white male if your choice of skin color

We missed the point again, didn't we. If the character I want to play is a 2 INT retard who uses drugs constantly, then we get to hear him talking like a sophisticated human, that breaks the immersion.

>Which makes literally zero sense given your background with him

So it would be better if you had no options, if, it was just a cutscene with no ability to choose what your character says? Ok toddy, I'll buy your next dlc.

Seriously though, you miss the point again, you don't know what someone wants to rp as, you need to give them the option, my first time through New Vegas I chose to help Benny.

>by that logic no one could ever feel any emotion for any character in a movie, book, or TV show, or feel any emotion for a character losing their family
>what is the difference from a role playing game and a narrative?

I don't care about people because the game tells me to, that is what happens in F3 and F4.

>durr ur a retard!!!!!1

>It's the same technique R* uses
R* makes massive game worlds
FO4 is 10min jaunt from one side to the other

Oh, so you mean the shanty settlements with 1-4 buildings. Okay.

I don't think you know what the word technique means.

kill yourself

Yes, I do. And I said R* actually has the massive game world to back up its use. Not a a small world that takes you 10min to go across.

But of course you're just going to say but muh physics

At this point, you just need a shit ton of AA.

>Did you play these games?
Did you?

Fallout 2 fucking PLAYS the god damn family card, what with your mother, aunt, and cousin all being in danger of dying due to a lack of water

THE ENCLAVE GOT THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR

>I don't care about people because the game tells me to, that is what happens in F3 and F4.
I didn't care about them because the game tells me too, I cared because i'm not an apathetic asshole who can't relate to others and can feel bad for people who have to go through an experience I know I would feel bad had it happened to me.

And people wonder why mass shootings are so common with such people like you in the world

You could've fooled me. The technique is "make a building that is basically a backdrop you can't do shit with in order to make the game world seem bigger". R* uses it heavily in their GTA games and Bethesda has been using it in Fallout. R* and Bethesda work on completely different levels of scale and also different levels of detail.

>protectrons
>follows orders without question
>built-in weapons
>standard reliable lasers, can fire both of them at the same time too
>feels no fear, mercy or remorse
>can have limbs blown off and still keep truckin
>variety of sweet paintjobs

>coursers
>can be talked down ie chase
>weapons can be shot out of their hand, stolen etc
>piddly blue flashlights
>can feel fear (x6-88 is afraid of flying) mercy and remorse (chase)
>are basically humans so loss of limb=loss of blood+pain=death
>all of them wear dumb leather trench coats
Why is the institute so bad