pastebin.com/SuXCN3pf (embed)
Other useful resources
pastebin.com/TyAHmtW4 (embed)

[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip
mega.nz/#!5MkRxYhK!RFKDUFK5dc1bkBXosfeU20aCBRlpBm8xLx6mQORLkhc
picosong.com/xh3S/
picosong.com/xh6H/
rpgmaker.net/content/events/sos/files/Desperate_Battle_for_Justice_.wav
soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/mystic-future-betrayal-eq-practice
yanfly.moe/2015/10/09/yep-1-core-engine/
youtube.com/watch?v=G7E4ocgh2So
youtube.com/watch?v=gyTWRv9yu98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!
>Status: Pt. 14 (The Real Finale) is in development.

>Done with their part:
>- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
>- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
>- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
>- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
>- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
>- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
>- Double user !WAnon.pOpQ
>- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
>- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
>- Silent Maid !ztOzYBnEEw
>- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
>- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk
>- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ

>Currently working:
>Bubbles !u696zUYxpM

>Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

>go shopping to mall
>return

Why can't VX Ace just do nearest neighbor upscaling? I don't want to risk mixels, yet here I am, using 320x288px for a 160x144px resolution.

Why u guys so dead?

What the hell happened to Yanfly?

I just picked this up during summer sales. What am I in for?

Problems staying motivated

>Yanfly will die in your lifetime

>Graphic Resources vending machine
>You turn the crank and a capsule falls out
What is inside?

There's so much options to work with. I think I should do some decent planning first. Any advice on how do start organizing?

Given my gacha luck lately? Something I already own three of.

Got sick from getting too much shit done too fast.

Luckily, that is never happening to any of us, right?

You definitely shouldn't over-organize before starting your project, but you should at least write down a few ideas that you have or want to put in.
Going in completely blind is a recipe for failure, but I've found that having everything completely set up from the beginning is also a surefire way to rapidly lose interest.

If only we can have half the motivation he has to get shit done...

We just keep dying to inflate our general number, yes?

>Summertime edition
More like
>Summertime shit posting in other generals so /rpgmg/ keeps dying edition

No, it's because we're all working so hard that we forget to bump.

Another Horse Wiener?

Page 10 again bump

>create common event that tells NPCs to approach the player to a distance of 3 to 6 tiles and to retreat (facing the player) if they're any closer
>run this event in parallel process on 50 NPCs at once
>???
>PROFIT

This could also be really neat in a crowd scene, where NPCs make way for the player or something. And even with 50 NPCs, there's not a sign of lag.

Better than nothing.

I'm working really hard and I'm absolutely not playing Virtues Last Reward or anything like that.

So around a year ago I tried really hard to make a visual novel in Ren'Py. However like an idiot I started with making resources but never made a solid plot first. After a while I ended dropped it like most of my projects.

Now I'm going through my folders and found a few songs that I had made for it. Most of them have too much bass or some volume inconsistencies with the others, but that can be tweaked in Audacity no problem.

They also have intro and loop versions as that's how Ren'Py worked.

Don't know if they'll be useful to any of you, but they're no help sitting in a folder never being touched. Don't need to credit or anything if you want them. Just take them if they fancy you (they probably won't but whatever).

mega.nz/#!5MkRxYhK!RFKDUFK5dc1bkBXosfeU20aCBRlpBm8xLx6mQORLkhc

Here's the songs in order if you want to listen to them before you download 200mb. Cut each one off after 60 seconds. Compressed it to fit on the web.

picosong.com/xh3S/

The order is creepy, jazzy, jazzy2, mystery, panic, sad, and theme.

Not sure if anyone cares, but I hope that they can go to use somewhere.

Stop dying.

Thank you user, I think I can use a song or two from this.

Stay up

An empty capsule?

Just a piece of paper that says "You are not the Father!"

So what are you going to do next in your project[s]?
bump

Focus more on end game and extra's. I made the world map on an island and decided I was going to finish a game and if I wanted to added stuff to it I'll do it after the base game.

Figure out my world map, or at least the first quarter of it.
It's the only way I'm able to get started in the first place. Plus, making maps is fun.

Finish the dungeon tilesets. Then to creating battlers and finishing up the ability trees, then to balancing, then city/town tilesets and story cutscenes, then attack animations and parallaxing..

Still working on the story, the more precise it is the better I can implement it in the maker.

I dunno about that. Incorporating mechanical aspects into the story is necessary to make the world compelling, and also to make your mechanics easier to understand, IMO. And you can only really get down to that once you have begun actually implementing gameplay, so having all the details set in stone might not be the best idea.

Moreover, you might find that certain of your ideas for story might be too difficult to implement mechanically or artistically and have to make changes accordingly.

here, need to work on the enemy "AI" (mostly lining up for shots, maybe running away at low health or some other quirks). Pic somewhat related.

Latest woe:

In MV's side view battle system, if you add a party member mid-battle, they come running in from off screen. Great!

But if you remove a party member, they just fucking vanish with no animation.

Is there a plugin to change heroes during battle?

Is this readable?

I definitely can tell it's a key, but I probably wouldn't have thought "keyblade" without the image title.

>It's an I haven't made any progress since Wednesday episode.

Work on your game user!

This looks cool.
>Why can't VX Ace just do nearest neighbor upscaling?
No idea. MV has slightly better scaling, if it bothers you that much.

Nice. Are you the guy who made that soldier and house sprite? The Metal Slug-esque ones? If so, nice to know you're still around.

Wow. That's very generous of you! I'll happily dig through them and see what I can use. I'll be sure to credit you somehow, though. You can't stop me.

Why not? Are you stuck on tedious part? Why not switch it up and do a something else? For example, if you're balancing encounters, do some mapping instead.
Variety is as important as discipline to keeping motivation.

gump

I love making towns but once I get inside the houses I just get so demotivated.

Don't add insides then with the exception of like key buildings. Make shops or whatever able to be interacted with from outside.

Any scripts that allow you to change party members mid battle?

you never needed a script to do that before.

Not him but I disagree.
While you don't need to be able to enter every house (that would be silly) it adds to the game if you have some houses you can enter.
Even if there is not a lot inside the shop I really prefer if I can go inside to buy stuff.
When the shop menu is activated when I try to enter a house feels incredibly lackluster to me.

What if, when you try to enter a house, a text adventure game appears?

This motherfucker better stay alive long enough for me to finish my god damned game.

Balance enemies and make the first dungeon a taste of things to come showing the player that this game is going to be kinda hard compared to most JRPGs.

I'm still trying to find some good modern tilesets for MV.

picosong.com/xh6H/

So I did some EQing and replaced the snare and bass drums to give it some more punch. It sounds pretty OK now. I was also able to learn how to do pitch bends on my app(Caustic 3), but it's so goddamn unintuitive that it's not worth the trouble.

The nice guys over at RNM extended the deadline, so I was able to submit the track. Here's the wav if anyone wants it:
rpgmaker.net/content/events/sos/files/Desperate_Battle_for_Justice_.wav

This would be pretty interesting, I think I would like that.

You could always make your game: "in loving memory of Yanfly"

You mind showing it then?

Definitely don't plan everything right off the bat. It's entertainment you're creating, not a high school essay.

Work on your game

Add more flavor events now that I have the main Strip scripting figured out. Finally start fleshing out the other maps and see what I can do. I may tinker with my scripting a little to try to make more than just 2 sets of NPC replies based on state of dress but that may be more complex than I can manage.

[Spoiler]torrent fl studio[/spoiler]

How does /rpgmg/ feel about walk-and-talk scenes?
For example, having dialogue occur at certain points as you move through an area or at a fixed speed as you follow an NPC

Is there a point in using them? I've been thinking about using some, but they seem like they might be more trouble than they're worth

I love making houses but I dunno if I'm doing a very good job of my neighborhood/city layouts. I'm gonna be redoing my City before long though. Even if it's a simple room though, make them! separate them on an "Indoor rooms" map if you have to to save organization, but it makes it that much more explorable/interesting/alive.

how the HECK do I think of a title for my game? T_T

Couldn't hurt as long as it doesn't drag on for ages.

What's your game about?

Read some poetry books, particularly things with a theme similar to your game. It is what I do when I have to think up taglines/catchphrases for advertisements.

I'll take a look through it, you make gud shit.

I really like this. Song has a great flow to it! Nice work man. Sounds better overall I think though it has been some time since I heard it last.

I reworked my last theme a bit as well. A cool user posted something really useful about EQ and I understand a lot more now I think. Kudos to that guy if he's around.

soundcloud.com/mondo-nugget/mystic-future-betrayal-eq-practice

bammk

I keep looking around yanfly's site and can't find the "main plug-in" some anons mentioned could be used to resize the window.

I know that's a terribly n00b thing to ask, just tryna improve my quality before I start promoting my Patreon too hard (I'm the guy who shared Love Station 9 awhile back if anyone recalls).

yanfly.moe/2015/10/09/yep-1-core-engine/
Pretty sure you are looking for this one

>yanfly.moe/2015/10/09/yep-1-core-engine/
Wow I'm incredibly thick for missing that, thanks friend!

Tell me about your villain, /rpgmg/.

The narrator has convinced you of a fabrication that makes you a free wheeling bounty hunter when you are in fact his pliant pawn (to begin with anyway).

He has sent you to deal with a threat to the status quo, a cunning and deadly Synthesized Lifeform that threatens to unite all SLs together under one banner and spread across the stars to cast down their creators who spurned them (humanity).

I don't understand any of the technical aspects but I like this version better.
If you keep at it you'll make some pretty cool music, I'm sure of it.

He is pretty much a frail but obsessed author. Surely you can beat him with ease, can you?

I can't tell you anything about my villain. Because the shocking reveal that they are the villain is the crux of my entire plot.

I've seen this thread die like 3x in a row since I've been busy, but I think I'm back.

You are the hero we need.

b u m p

How do I into pixel art? I'm seriously so fucking bad at that shit.

It's really hard to do, just keep trying.

Struggling to make progress on this cutscene. Not very happy with the result so far.

Good night bump
Please don't die again

What parts are you unhappy about or want to change?

good luck

Looks like we needed it

Well, the guard crowd should probably have a little bit more movement and reactions. Like looking at each other and approaching slowly.

You probably need a better expression for Bill than just going black.

Other than that, I don't think there is much wrong.

Are the enemy and the guy who jumps in to kill the enemy supposed to look like the same guy?

For the guys making custom assets for their games, how many NPCs are you making? Do all your Store Clerks look like the same guy?

Consider nametags in the message boxes.
In a scene with so many characters onscreen, it's good to point out who exactly is speaking.

bump

Thoughts on the VN maker they just teased?
youtube.com/watch?v=G7E4ocgh2So

I'd be more interested if they actually showed features / UI. You know, give me a reason to care about this one over the three programs I already have that do the same thing.

Bumb

New Yanfly Tips & Tricks: youtube.com/watch?v=gyTWRv9yu98

Jump from FF4, Fly from Pokemon

My clerks are all different, mostly because there are few of them (4) and each one focus on their own stuff, so why not design each clerk? Make them interesting.

too damn many.

Post ramdom screenshots of your projects

Are there other VN Makers with live2d support?