Veeky Forums ideal army thread

Hello Veeky Forumstorians.

How about we create an ideal army?

The game is very simple. Copy the last command chain posted by user in the thread, paste it on MS paint, and give it new leaders.

You can create new units, change leader positions and so on. The idea is that we can grow and have as many military historical figures as possible, from Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great, to Simo Haya and Chris Kyle.

I am confident you are familiar with command structures and command chains, as well as military symbology, but in the case you aren't, here are some helpful links:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_Joint_Military_Symbology#Unit_sizes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_Joint_Military_Symbology#/media/File:1st_Marine_Expeditionary_Force.png

For the purposes of this thread, military hierachy goes as follows:

Commander > Admiral/General > Colonel > Major > Captain > Liutenant > Sargeant

You are really free to edit it as you want. Change a general for another, change the layout. You may add just one new leader or a whole bunch. You can fix anything wrong with previous posts.

Ready? Let's go.

like this?

am I doing it right

This is good except Nelson should be naval commander

Requiring users to edit images is too complex and will lead to a billion different branches and disagreements. Some form of community edited and moderated document would be better. Good idea though.

>Rommel
>not von Manstein nor Guderian

>Rommel
>In charge of an army

Hope you enjoy all your troops running out of supplies.

Switch Caesar and Alexander you fuck

t. montgomery

Nice meme

Here, I fixed it for you.

Conquering the Aztecs with 300 men is pretty based.
We now have a marine core.

Next poster please merge this one with

Get Suvorov.

Should be Pizarro not Cortes desu senpai

Admiral Yi >>>> Robert Blake > Michel de Ruyter > Nelson > Togo Heihachiro

Your list is cancerous.

>no Scipio Africanus
What the fuck is this shit?
>No Khaled bin Waleed
What the FUUUUUUCKKKKK

Current British army given the current US army's level of funding.

/thread

>no subutai

>Napoleon commanding indirect artillery
Wewest of lads

>implying there wouldn't be a massive clash of egos between the ranks and a general lack of cohesion due to the authoritative nature of most of those picks

Also, none of them speak the same language. None of them would know anything about modern weapons and tactics.

This. Almost none of these guys would agree to play second fiddle to another, and even then most wouldn't understand the way this army is subdivided.

It's like asking to create the ideal governing body populated by history's dictators, fascists, revolutionary republicans, monarchs, and communists.

In reality tho, Napoopan would be a better supreme commander. He understood grand schemes really well, despite failing in the end. He was indeed, the head and the sword.

Oh really? You mean that it would not be realistically possible to create a chain of command comprised of mainstream historical figures, on the sole ground that they would not be able to properly communicate? Damn son, that's some interessing reflexion you've got here. You should expand it a bit more.

could khalid ibn walid be cavalry commander? or at least subutai

There you go. I fixed your meme.

Where in the fuck is Subutai? Are you retarded?

>Alexander the Great
>Infantry commander
For what purpose?

I'm glad Rommel is reigned in by someone with a better grasp of armored warfare logistics than him.

Hello Pompey

Genghis was an average at best General.

Whenever he fought other mongols it nearly always ending in a stalemate. When he started recruiting good generals he got an empire.

Genghis had other steepe tribes flee from him but that was because they were terrified of his "four hounds"

Where is Belisarius?
Should at least lead his own infantry detachment

>Cuck Corps

>not making Alexander your cav commader
>not having Antony be your infantry commander
You fucked up.

Also Hannibal needs to be general, Caesar needs to be logistics officer.

What were Antony's great successes? Not challenging you just ignorant

>no Sherman
>no Henry Jackson Hunt
>no Belisarius
>no Scipio Africanus
>no Joan of Arc
>no Eisenhower
>no Schwarzkopf
>no Nimitz
>no Ridgway
>no Francis Marion
>no Stilicho

Shit list man

In both Gaul and Greecd, Antony was Caesar's top general, often remarked to be second only to Caesar. Although iften times he preformed admirably as a calvary commander, Antony in the general layout of this army would work best as a competent infantry commander capable of holding the line, preforming admirable line manuevers, and coordinating with his subordinates.

Antony mantaining the lines and Alexander omcommanding the calvary, the falnking maneuvers would be magnificent under the command of Hannibal.

That jogs my memory. Iirc he was the closest to a friend Caesar had and was a useless hedonist outside of war right? Ty user

>Schwarzkopf
lmao

Later in life he really sunk into hedonism. He was a semi-capable politican, but always worked best as a second in command. And he was good fiends with Caesar, barring a slight alienation in the last few days of Caesar's life.

If this is a modern army then these guys are going to be completely fucking useless

Caesar was overrated

not even the best Roman general

I don't have paint or anything like that on my chrome book, bit here's the list anyway.

>Supreme Commander
Khalid ibn al-Walid

>Infantry commander
Alexander the Great

>Siege commander
Subutai

>Cavalry commander
Joachim Murat

>Artillery commander
Napoleon

>Logistics
Sun Tzu and Hannibal Barca

>Navy
Horatio Nelson

>Special Operations (guerilla)
Caratacus

>Camp whore
King Leonidas

kek

>Joan of Arc

There have been a lot of great female commanders in history, but that propaganda piece is not one of them.

>Sherman

Out of all the civil war generals you pick this overrated autist? Lee or Grant you faggot

>Joan of arc

Oh I see you have no idea what you're talking about, never mind

Sherman could go in logistics

>Not a single mention of Gustavus Adolphus.
How uneducated in warfare can you be Veeky Forums? Unbelievable.

>No John Churchill, Duke of Marlborough
disgusting

Where the fuck is Saladin?

this

was Patton overrated or do you just not like him?

Pillaging every unprotected town in your path for supplies doesn't exactly scream logistical genius.

>Rommeme
>In charge of anything

(You)

It works m8.

>Gustavus Adolphus was an extremely able military commander. His innovative tactical integration of infantry, cavalry, logistics and particularly his use of artillery, earned him the title of the "Father of Modern Warfare". Future commanders who studied and admired Gustav II Adolf include Napoleon I of France and Carl von Clausewitz. His advancements in military science made Sweden the dominant Baltic power for the next one hundred years.

>Gustavus Adolphus was the main figure responsible for the success of Swedish arms during the Thirty Years' War and led his nation to great prestige. As a general, Gustavus Adolphus is famous for employing mobile artillery on the battlefield, as well as very aggressive tactics, where attack was stressed over defense, and mobility and cavalry initiative were emphasized.

>Among other innovations, he installed an early form of combined arms in his formations, where the cavalry could attack from the safety of an infantry line reinforced by cannon, and retire again within to regroup after their foray. Inspired by the reform of Maurice of Nassau he adopted much shallower infantry formations than were common in the pike and shot armies of the era, with formations typically fighting in 5 or 6 ranks, occasionally supported at some distance by another such formation—the gaps being the provinces of the artillery and cavalry as noted above. His artillery were themselves different—in addition to the usual complements of heavy cannon he introduced light mobile guns for the first time into the Renaissance battlefield.

>Carl von Clausewitz and Napoleon Bonaparte considered him one of the greatest generals of all time; a sentiment agreed with by George S. Patton and others.

The absolute GOAT.

>Hannibal
>Logistics

I didn't know you wanted half of your army to die in the mountains and then have your supply lines cut off.

GEORGE WASHINGTON FOR SUPREME COMMANDER IN CHIEF

>Barca on logistics

Lel.

Attach him to General Staff.

Which figures in history actually could into logistics? Besides Caesar.

Chinese strategists, especially from the Three Kingdoms era onward.

Add me chicos l

>no Brusilov
Man this fucking irks me
He'd be an amazing Offensive General or Pre-Battle Planner or Artillery General

Inspector General? Someone has to whip the troops into shape.

This guy for Submarine Commander.

Alexander should be in charge of light cav under Khan as overall cav commander desu.

>>Supreme Commander
>Khalid ibn al-Walid
>>Navy
>Horatio Nelson
I laughed

>Attacks drunk Germans on Christmas
>muh brilliant strategist