/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Autism Edition

NIGHTMARE SLAIN: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

The rocket fists look kind of cool but the other ones are pretty dumb looking.

Not that fucking image

They are all pretty dumb to be honest. It's clear that the person that made it plays way too much MonHon.

It looks like a weapon from LoL, not Bloodborne

>Autism Edition
>3/6 posts not even 20 minutes are by Luci with his webms
Fitting.

At least they're out of the way now

I could see a weapon that was also an instrument working but that shit looks dumb as heck.

>Walking around in the Forbidden Woods where the Celestial Emissaries live
>Fall on some grass that makes a wooden floor sound when stepped on
>"oh my god a secret????"
>Hit it a bunch of times
>Throw molotovs
>Plan on getting the timed molotovs from the DLC to see if they'll blow up the floor
>Check around the area for clues
>Find the wooden floor sound on a few other grass patches
>It's a 'who fucked up the sound design on project beast this time' episode instead
FUCK

Sometimes I dream of just finding one more secret

Could have been stuff that ended up not getting implemented, who knows. I like to think it's nasty little dens the ayys were kept in, but they got out.

Every instrument used as a weapon would be dumb as fuck, but I think they would be fine for hunter tools, like a transverse flute that summons snakes similar to Madaras Whistle.

are you guys cool with me being a 117 shitter if i pumped END up to 40?

>heck

Watch you're language young lad, or I'll smash yer cu******nt in sware in me mym,

You're triggering me.

No one likes a 117 shitter, period. Even 120s are less despised.

Whatever, real men play sub-70 anyway so we won't be dealing with you. Enjoy plebbit.

>real men hide like cowards rather than face someone they think might be stronger
You what now?

Nobody actually cares unless they have severe crippling autism, go for it

98 is a shit BL Luci, let it go. It doesn't even keep you away from the 120shitters.

Refer to Come on guys, you should know this by now.

>It doesn't even keep you away from the 120shitters.
It was never meant to. Some of us aren't afraid of them, kiddo.

Must you post this shit that no one cares about every thread?

What's with all the bloodstains at the Hunter's Dream?

Because it is relevant and helpful. If you don't want to see them you can just filter their hashes.

>he doesn't know

You're in the know, right?

>relevant and helpful

With all those people asking how to beat those bosses right now.

stop replying

What the fuck has this general turned into?

Sacrifices to the Doll, hallowed be her name. She gives all unto the hunters and some choose to give back.

People killing themselves with Logarius' Wheel, Chikage and Bloodletter because they want to annoy you.

They are the ones that are asked about the most.

I asked in the previous thread about my STR build but while thinking things over, I started wondering if I should put the last five levels towards ARC so I can use the HMS and whatever tools that would allow for. Is the HMS worth it on a pure STR or should I put the points elsewhere?

18 Arc is a decent investment on a Str HLMS build.

Is there an objectively better option for non-BT builds in PVP in terms of guns between Hunter's Pistol/Blunderbuss/Ludwig's Rifle?

Repeating pistol if you want to do damage. I usually have it and a hunter pistol equipped. I use the hunter pistol for parries and the repeating pistol (w/BMA) for damage.

Use the Blunderbuss with specific gems you can turn it into a fucking cannon. Don't listen to lucy he hasn't actually played PvP in ages and has like 200 hours tops.

>Curse the fiends, their children too.

>And their children's children, forever true

>Are called to the Bloodlust, wherever they be

what did she mean by this?

He asked about a non-bloodtinge build.

it's only a cannon if you've got high BLT, though

plus you have to be right in their dick for that to happen, so good luck getting that to work consistently

Hunters forever will be doomed to suffer from blood-addling and be drawn into the Hunter's Nightmare for being part of a tradition that helped massacre an entire village.

but why involve random Yharnamites as well? they did nothing wrong, but they too suffer from Bloodlust and blood-addling. Hell, you even find normie hunters in the Nightmare. The Orphan is one petty-ass motherfucker

Why was everyone in the Nightmare trying to hide the secret and the Orphan? I imagine it was out of shame, but wouldn't they want the Nightmare to end as well?

Why would they want the nightmare to end? It's pretty safe to assume the curse is going to continue. The Nightmare functions as a convenient prison/asylum.

I always thought that the Church was trying to hide the Orphan as a means of trying to cut their losses, and shame
>have a staff of Hunters
>half of them are perpetually half blood-drunk
>allow access to a pocket dimension of endless, consequence-free slaughter
>that also contains massively bad PR for the organization
the predictable happens. Plus, you've got a precedent for Hunters betraying the Church after getting set loose in the Nightmare, like Maria, so best cut bait and run

no. Hunters only show up in the Nightmare upon death. Nightmare or no Nightmare, the HoH or similar organizations would still need to go around and clean up the blood-drunk Hunters. Until the Orphan dies, blood-drunkenness will still plague the Hunters and Yharnam, and so it's in everyone's best interests for it to end

What could be dobe to help him beat Ludwig?

Stop fucking replying to him, what the fuck?

Who is everyone?

Yharnamites 420blazed too much of the red medicine bredah, they went off the deep end. You can only smoke so much Elder God stuff before you go batshit bonkers.

Random Yharnamites were never involved. The Yharnamites that are in the Nightmare were Hunters. Remember your Ludwig lore.

Rancid beasts, every last one of us...

But I was wondering why Maria, someone trapped in the Nightmare but still obviously somewhat sane, was trying to hide the Orphan. Doesn't seem like there's a clear answer, though.

I meant normie Yharnamites, who weren't tied to the Dream, is all.

They're not cursed.

Shame?

More like regret.

I don't know about everyone. For the most part the Hunters there seem pretty unaffiliated with each other. The ones in the Clocktower are probably just insane and doing what they would have done in the real world, or manifestations of someone else's subconscious, behaving similarly to how they were remembered.

In the case of Brador, he never cut off affiliation with the Church in spite of his circumstances. But he's obviously fucked up in the head. Ludwig is similar, but he's debatably even crazier than Brador due to his predicament.

Besides Maria, Ludwig and Brador are the only person I can think of trying to hide the secret. Simon, the only other Hunter with his sanity (Maria and Brador are fucked up) besides the player, is trying to uncover it.

well, we know that she felt intense guilt over her actions with the Church, and with helping the Hunters in Byrgenwerth.

I had always thought that she was responsible for the creation of the Hunter's Nightmare. The Nightmare serves as an army that protects the fishing hamlet -- any interloper who arrives in the Nightmare to fuck up the Orphan has to get through a literal army of blood-crazed, rabid Hunters and beasts. Good luck. Even the MC isn't "expected" to be able to do so until they're end-game level, which makes them among the most powerful creatures in the whole universe. It's a pretty efficient security system desu.

Yeah, "everyone" was a mistake. I realized right after that I was really just referring to Maria and Brador.

>Still obviously somewhat sane.
Just because she's composed and soft-spoken doesn't mean she's not batshit user. But I agree with what the others posted. It was probably shame and regret.

Yeah, those guys don't appear in the Nightmare. If they weren't Hunters they're not there.

Ludwig isn't trying to protect anything, he only attacks you because he's a crazy beast.

Well, they've gone nuts with blood-addling and are stuck in the Nightmare as a result. I'd say that's pretty cursed.

What I'm proposing is the idea that the Blood didn't drive people mad with bloodlust until AFTER Byrgenwerth fucked up the Orphan. The Orphan's "curse of Blood" was making the stuff addictive

you can be a Hunter and not be tied to the Dream. Wasn't that Ludwig's whole gimmick, raising an army of such people?

Everyone in the Nightmare is either a hunter, a beast or a fishing hamlet inhabitant.

I don't think he's there protecting anything intentionally, I just assumed he was being used as something of a guard dog even if he wasn't aware of it.

Yeah, you can be a Hunter and not be tied to the dream. That Ludwig thing is precisely what I was talking about. The Hunters he raised were probably drawn into the Nightmare after becoming blood-addled, but the point I was trying to make is that they didn't need to be connected to the Hunter's Dream beforehand to be confined to the Nightmare. I think we just misunderstood each other though.

are the fishing hamlet guys even "real," (as in, people ported into the Nightmare), or are they just projections of people who existed IRL?

The fishing hamlet itself was ripped from the waking world and placed in the nightmare imo

>Willem
>Laurence
>Ludwig
>Micolash
out of all of these fuckups, who fucked up the hardest?

I think it use to be where the Rom fight is now.

depends on who started first
pretty sure master willem got the eye-lined ball rolling, so him
plus unlike ludwig or laurence, who can at least move, he's almost entirely immobile and thoughtless

b-but muh ascended existence!

Byrgenwerth is near a lake though, Fishing Hamlet was close to the sea.

Willem got things started, but he also warned everyone of the dangers of blood. Laurence then proceeded to completely not listen and start the Healing Church, and then later he called in the Moon Presence which made things only a whole new level of fucked-up.

So I'd say that Laurence deserves plenty of blame too.

Laurence called the MP before he even left Byrgenwerth, since Willem apparently knew that Gehrman was trapped in the Dream.

IMO they called the MP to deal with the Chalice Dungeons
>have Hunters spelunkan in the CDs
>come across uber-superhuman beings
>try and fight them as normal human beings
>lol no
they called the MP to progress their research

>but he also warned everyone of the dangers of blood
He didn't need to inject mystical blood to go on a killing spree in a village of innocent people and turn his own school into a monster house.

Probably somewhere outside of Yharnam's immediate location.

Now you got me craving more info on what the rest of BB's world is like.

>get summoned at Rom
>keep getting rekt
Is BL53 too low? I have 27vit. Where should I farm for blood echoes

If you feel like you're doing good damage you don't need to level, you need to work on your dodging.
If your damage is too low upgrade your weapon and get better gems. Blood level isn't very important, and 53 is enough for Rom.

No. Level 60 is about right for that area. Most people have around 30 vit at that point.

are you in the normal game, or is this CD Rom?

because if it's main game Rom, BL53 and 27 vit is plenty

>CD Rom
Good one

>CD Rom

B A E

A

E

Wasn't Willem right and if they'd listened to him they'd have a voided a lot of hardship?

KOS
O
S
M

>being attracted to a fucking idiot, and a massive failure who did literally everything wrong
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Alright it's that time again... Wish I didn't wait so long between playthroughs. I'd have remembered this on my own.

Just about to go after Rom and start the wackiness that is the blood moon. What needs to be done prior to this least it be missed until the next NG+? Already defeated the hoontah with Eileen and got the whore to the chapel. Not sure what else I should do prior.

Sounds like someone was Augur'd a bit too much

Nothing, you're ready for the red moon.

why does the Moon Presence hate Mergo so much? Why does it want the Hunters to assassinate it?

Go save the local yandere. She disappears after Rom.

That's all fanfic

Yanderes are shit, don't listen to this man. Leave her.

Yanderes?

Don't listen to this man, he's probably a Vileblood.

Save that nun.

AWOOOO
W
O
O
O
O

A Moonrunese term for a girl who is dangerously obsessed with the target of her affection, often to the point of being violent to those she considers stealing her loved one from her.

Adella kills Arianna if you accept her blood 3 times, or just kills her if you accepted her blood at all and it's after Rom.

Moon Presence doesn't give a fuck about you doing anything but killing Mergo

you can leave almost half of the Great Ones in the game alive, and so long as you kill Mergo, it allows you to leave the dream peacefully

your "contract" as a Hunter is fulfilled when you do this