>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

RELIC OF CHAOS

NAGASH WAS WEAK

All these mad greeks

I have a degree at the Pontus University of War. My degree is in advanced hammer and anvil tactics. If you can't see how that makes me a better general than you, let me spell it out. Don't get too ANTIUCkd up now ;).

The very best fighting is done with fresh shock cavalryman. Fresh lances. Fresh horses. Let me ask you- where do horses breed? Where are lances made? Where do men train? Where is armour made? In the foundries. In the fire. under the watch of a skilled general. They are effected by the stregist and, therefore, so is the eventual killing poterntial of the cavalryman. Have you ever charged into a unit and it held firm? That has never happened to me. I can identify firm infantry just by looking at a formation because I have studied the effects of morale for my entire life. I can identify over 90 kinds of military training programs in academies and colleges. I can virtually guarentee that the majority of you are charging pikeman which have 'spear wall', a deadly tactic from the times of great Makedonian Cuckening that causes pikeman to take on 'defensible formations'. You don't understand war so you can't identify it, and your heavy cavalry tactics work like fucking shit as a result.

So go ahead. Tell us again how Hammer and Anvil isn't the best tactic for fighting wars. Throw another mediocre light cavalry in that stack; Toss another horse archer into your formation. Meanwhile I will be using the highest quality lancers from the worlds best training facilities.

Oh, and I work for a major mercenary company identifying formations for their charges. So I get paid handsomely. So nobody on this forum has any dirt on me. I could buy and sell pretty much everyone here because of the way my trve vnderstanding of strategy effects my battles.

Posting this again since last thread died.

Has anyone tested out the Chosen units since the patch?

Im not sure it is a bug but they are unbreakable, i tried them against greatswords and their morale never broke even at 3 men which caused them to then beat the greatswords.

Same for Chosen with halberds vs Demigryphs, the chosen won because they could not be broken.

Is this a bug it does not state they are immune to psychology or unbreakable.

*makes the going to /gsg/ post*
*does the >playing on not-ultra post*
*posts picture of vampire chan*
*roleplays an orc*
*complains about how fantasy fags killed /twg/*
*complains about how history fags killed /twg/(?)*
*sigvalds good*
*posts a cap of dwarfs killing 7000 zombies*
*comments on being a trve understander*
*rhetorically asks why pontus was added*
*complains about someone who posted a caps graphics quality*
*summons the elector counts*
*complains about an anime reaction image*
*posts an obscure screencap from a gunpowder /twg/ and never elaborate on context*
*asks when tomb kings will be added*
*makes "we wuz tomb kangz" joke*
*asks what the most reddit faction is*
*asks what mod*
*radious mod*

>WE'Z GOBBOS NOW

AAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE

Why do ranged units automatically = bad in melee?

There is no reason for a missile unit to have the strength and swordsmanship of a school girl.

BOW SAMURAI

What are dwarf ranged units?

Balance.

puppy chow

Because when you spend time training with a bow you're not spending time fencing
Because armor costs a lot and is heavy

It's hard to fire a bow in plate

"And here we see the mating ritual of the Imperial Steam Tank, vigorous thrusting and cannon fire, also do note, Steam Tanks frequently engage in gang rape"

>tfw no Two Rivers longbowmen

Best samurais desu

Why are steam tanks even a thing? They are literally a bucket of water and coal on rickety wagon wheels.

>Steam tanks frequently engage in gang rape

motherfucker caused me to spit my coffee

holy shit

Why are Arachnarok spiders even a thing? They are literally Charlotte with some ugly children wielding sticks.

Post webms.

What's that quote from?

Have you ever chopped down a tree with an axe? Just curious because it seems most people don't realise how fucking strong wood is. (iron plated wood in this case)

I don't know anything about that. I just finished smacking Sigvald around and he had an entire stack of Chosen.

They started routing at about 20 and 30 men. They were all dog-tired, and I was using two mid-tier VC stacks with two units of Blood Dragons giving cycle charges.

magnetto from the x-men children of the atom arcade game

If our bastard is to become king
Military ruler of the north

>have this dude chain sack some manlets
>gets this trait
what the fuck

Cheers.

no seriously

The problem is public perception due to Hollywood props. Wood (and glass) explodes at the slightest touch in the movies.

Mannfred quote when he's casting
>NAGASH WAS WEAK, WITNESS TRUE POWER

I swear to god, one of my finest swords tips got stuck in the rim of a wooden shield. Would have cost a life right there.

they are

youre welcome m'lad

>tfw Helblasters are worth it now because of the gore they create

Am I just a weeb or is Shogun 2 far and away the best game? The other's haven't been able to hold my attention.

He did seem to keep that to himself once nagash got back. He's all talk that one

a little bit of both

WELCOME TO MINE REALM

It's a lot easier to talk shit about people when they're dead

it was the best until Warhammer

This. Motherfuckers out there today actually think that a sword can pierce through plate armor. This never happens, the human framce cannot generate enough force to allow this to happen. You either had to use a polaxe or some other two-handed affair like a halberd to be able to get enough power into a point to break through.

Since were on the subject, I also hate how bow and arrows are treated as just medieval guns. There's a reason you switched to primitive shitty muskets instead of bows because the actual kninetic force of gunpowder weapons are incredible to what you can get from bows.

This

I tried 1v1s in custom battle, it seems a bit strange. The great weapons variant wont route.

>There's a reason you switched to primitive shitty muskets instead of bows because the actual kninetic force of gunpowder weapons are incredible to what you can get from bows.

Please don't trigger me with your ignorance. I am aware that with TW:WH history discussion has died out, but don't spread misinformation.

That, and it takes a fuckload less time to teach somebody to load, point, and fire a musket in time with his buddies than to do the same plus firing for range plus the physical conditioning required for archers.

u wot m8

look at their morale stat during battle to see whats giving buffs and debuffs to it, I just tried (with some pretty uncooperative ai) some chosen match ups and halberds seem to beat halberd gryphs, gw beat greatswords and regular chosen v greatswords is unsure yet (1 general died so that caused a rout)

Werent Tercos absurdly strong but moderately priced to compensate for the issues Christianity caused?

Yeah please tune us in on how bows and crossbows are actually superior cause that's what you've seen on Walking Dead or whatever.

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

Dorfies strong.

>3 unit frontline

What mods do you guys recommend for Medieval 2? I'm looking for something that goes more in-depth into the politics of Europe, something that will add more nations and more provinces.

Radious

Anyone else having problems with the TWW patch? Game crashes out when I try to load battles.

Crusader Kings 2.

But seriously Total War isn't geared up for politics. Stainless Steel is a good starting point, although I'm not sure if it will meet your expectations RE: politics.

Quarrelers are fucking broken.

When I mentioned the politics I didn't really mean politicking. I'm looking for a mod that reflects the true borders of Europe, and *maybe* adds some more nuance to the government. Like a special government type for the HRE, which reflects that it wasn't just one big country.

Started a new campaign with all mods disables and the new DLC disabled - still crashes.

Lame as fuck. Guess I'll play more FOTS.

>Cruising through Dwai campaign with like 14 quarrelers, a couple cannon and only 3 IB
>EZ game EZ life
>Time to remove bloodsuckers
>All of their infantry and lesser flying units melt before getting to the IBs
>Suddenly army with 4 Vargulfs
>eh big whoop Quarrelers OP
>mfw they charge right through 3 full volleys and past the IBs without a scratch

For such a bitch lore-wise, they sure gave him some baller lines

>that time you pissed off the AI with grave guard

TOMB KANGZ WHEN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm playing Brets with a mod, and their starting zone is so easy and comfy after you take out the Mousillon shits.

When they add Beastmen and Dark Elves it'll be a much more stressful area to play in, I'm sure.

If you take the pants-on-head-up-ass retarded End Times out of the equation, he becomes significantly more likable.

So is Warhammer undoubtedly the best total war game out now? I purchased Attila a few weeks back and I'm loving it so far. I wasn't familiar with the World Craft/Warhammer series.

>cruising down the street in my 64'

after we get a lizard waifu

smashing the skellies, slapping the ho's

Yeah. Shogun 2 is the only one that even comes close but it suffers from a critical lack of unit and faction variety.

hopefully long after I get my Amazon waifus

FUCKING DENUVO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the small number of factions is the one thing that made me hold off but I'm glad I got it

Oh baby

Holy shit what can I do about all the agent spam in Rome 2?

requesting warhammer roll pic plox

No they where balanced because you could only recruit them from the province you built the required building in since you could only build one, unless you happend to capture one and enemy built which is quite rare.

simon says play _____________

pls no VCs

How the fuck do I beat dwarfs?

They just do not fucking die and I think my team composition is good too, it's fucking annoying. I think I should remove vargulfs altogether, they die really easily.

YOU MUST FULFILL YOUR SLAYER OATH

but i got the meme guy in the chair

You need more troops

I realized that after I hit submit.
Meme king is superior anyways, play him

I also need to cover names properly

so what do you suggest when it comes to "more troops"

remove vargheist squishies?

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Rollin

Okay taken a break from the game for a bit while waiting for me DLC. Going to start a new empire campaign to try the blood and gore stuff. Other than Molet's Magic Mod are there any other new mods worth checking out at the same time?

Rell

>Kislev still not announced.

Not him, but you literally need more troops.

Blood Knights aren't Demi's. They're meant for anti-large engagements, and while they're adequate at anything else, they're not the rip and tear demigryphs.

Basically, drop the blood knights, buy some Cairn Wraiths and a Necromancer, and run around in a death star spamming invocation of Nehek.

>Turn 115
>Apocalypse still not announced

just cosmetic stuff. Get Building Progression Icons

Do blood knight beat halberd demi's?

>It's a Kislev get's murdered in the first fifty turns episode

I don't even know who kills them. They start off incredibly strong, with 3 provinces under their control, including two economic powerhouses.

Yet somehow, they always die.

No. Very little does 1v1, except Chosen and Ironbreakers. And neither of those are a sure bet.

Chaos m8, they are ment to buy time and die.

Good, I was worried demi's would get nerfed into the ground, I hate that, balance shit not just make it shitty.

Kislev will probably be bundled with Tilea and Estalia in a minor human factions DLC

Why are Slayers so bad? Honestly.

Am i just using them wrong? Even when they manage to flank something they lose.

They got made more expensive, got their armor piercing and speed nerfed, and a normal damage buff.

They'll still win against almost anything.