/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

hastebin.com/emayasinan.ini
youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoOwSKI7M
pastebin.com/sTNyTQjD
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233852
github.com/libretro/RetroArch/wiki/Input-drivers-in-Linux-without-Xorg
archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2016-01-03_Fixed
archive.org/download/No-Intro_Thumbnails_2016-04-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ded twice in a row

3rd for transistor accurate mountain dew spillage on SNES emulation

Emugen, I'm new to this thing but I'm trying to use a DS3 for Rune Factory Frontier on Dolphin 4.0000 but it's not accepting my inputs in game
The controller config does it fine, but in game it doesn't respond
Is there any help for this?

>I was the one who wrote that exact comment in response to the metroidposting. Not sure why someone other than the salty autist who spammed the thread would copy/paste it out of context.
This salty spamming autist figure you're referring to is supposed to be me then? I honestly only wanted to get a hint on how to snatch up an early super missile tank, but the thread was so dead I succumbed to searching up some walkthroughs before the rescue came by. My skimming game is too strong so I always end up ruining the experience for myself with excess spoilers; brief hints like you'd get from asking friends are a lot more enjoyable.

After that I did some more posting from my adventure since the thread was dead silent anyway, but if you prefer early death over seeing occasional Metroid and Mickey pics from me then sure we can go that route instead.

Somehow that shader actually seems to lower the detail of that scene.

Composhit video does that

>Almost 4 hours old
>Not even 10 posts

Yep, emugen is dead. It's been fun, everyone.

You will always be my favorite poster, composhit user. Godspeed you glorious bastard. May you stay comfy for the rest of your days.

Hey guys, I wanted to try emulating some Andriod ports of games, Dragon Quest and FFT come to mind.

If you don't mind spoonfeeding me, what's the best way to use these android emulators? I see a lot of them tend to have some shit with them that I rather not have to deal with. Does anyone have a suggestion for the matter?

If you seriously want to emulate android on your PC you're gonna have to deal with that shit you'd rather not deal with so get used to it.

I'd suggest not emulating Android ports. FFT on the PSP emulates great, FFT on the PSX emulates perfectly, and the Dragon Quest games emulate much better on every system they're available on than the Android ports too.

Has composhitposting become an /emugen/ thing?

Ah alright then, I'm surprised someone hasn't hacked one of these emulators apart to fix that then.

To be honest, I just want to play FFT with a touch screen. That and I heard the best version of Dragon Quest IV was on the Android and I kind of wanted to try it out.

What filter are you using friend, I really wanna try it.

why dont u play the nglide version with patched playstation sountrack? are you and idiot? do you like laggy gameplay?

Hey /emugen/, I'm new to emulation, and I'm wondering if you guys could direct me to a safe rom site. I don't want any surprise adware/malware on my computer.

CRT Royale + NTSC 320px composite

These settings for the shadowmask effect

hastebin.com/emayasinan.ini

kys

NO U

youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoOwSKI7M

>best version of DQ4 is on Android
God no. Only thing it has over the DS version is party chat.

Play 1-3 on Higan with translations
4-6 and 9 on DS
7 on 3ds in a few months since it seems strictly superior to the PSOne version
8 on PCSX2: the 3ds version looks like ass and the PS2 version already emulates wonderfully

1-3 SFC on Higan*

Definitive versions of 1-3 are on the GBC. SNES versions have none of the charm.

Can you try that without the composhit? I think it would look really nice.

I'm getting real fucking scared right now, guys.

Th-this isn't really the end, is it...?

Yes, this is the end. Archive here we come.

Win7 x64, ePSXe 2.0.2

I'm trying to play Chrono Cross, but I can't seem to get the game to render right.
I'm having serious texture alignment problems.
Text flows outside of given textboxes, prerendered backgrounds seem to not be aligned correctly with collision (And I end up having to 'feel' for walls, like pic related).
I've tried to look up and use a few configs online, doesn't seem to help the issue.

Halp?

My current config, as copied from the config suggestions I was seeing:
pastebin.com/sTNyTQjD

Disable the widescreen hack and lock the aspect ratio to 4:3. That hack only "works" for full 3D games.

any news on the 3ds/wiiu/ps3 emulators?

>ePSXe

I wasn't even aware I had a widescreen hack on, though I guess it's obvious with the way it looks.
I found it in ePSXe's options instead of the GPU Plugin options and disabled it, and it fixed the problem.
Thanks a bunch user.

What would your suggestion be?

Mednafen (or RetroArch w/ the Mednafen PSX) plugin is an alternative.

Time to merge back with hbg to not be on constant death watch.

>hbg
pls no

I'd rather die

What does emulation have to do with homebrew anyway?

>merge back with hbg
>back
They were never a part of emugen but rather spawned out of the Gateway general, and it's still 99.8% exclusively kids talking about 3DS piracy. No thanks, I'd rather we moved to /g/

>No thanks, I'd rather we moved to /g/
I was actually thinking about this earlier today.
It could attract more technically knowledgeable people and should keep things more focused on the technical aspects of emulation and less so on the game oriented discussions.

But that's boring as shit, and no one cares in the slightest. Why do you think this thread is dying? Open it up as a complete emulation general where people can yap about vidya and it will never die again.

>But that's boring as shit, and no one cares in the slightest.
You're just plain wrong and hyperbolic.
>Why do you think this thread is dying?
The time of day.
>Open it up as a complete emulation general where people can yap about vidya and it will never die again.
All that would do is dilute the general and make actual discussion of emulation harder.

emucen

>You're just plain wrong and hyperbolic.
95% of the people here either just post screenshots or ask basic questions regarding controllers and settings. There's like 3 people involved in actual development active here. Don't pretend there's any pertinent discussion going on here.

>95% of the people here either just post screenshots or ask basic questions regarding controllers and settings. There's like 3 people involved in actual development active here. Don't pretend there's any pertinent discussion going on here.
Where are you getting these stats from, your ass?

you'll have the exact same kids with the exact same questions when citra becomes good enough to actually play the games

So 3 years after the 3DS' lifespan comes to an end.

Where can I download more ram to speed up Cemu?

newegg.com

How long would it take to download newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233852 and could I pirate it instead?

Depends where you live.
Sure, if you got quick fingers and a store nearby that carries it.

Is there some sort of database where I can look up how every game has to be configured to run as correctly as possible in PCSX2?

The PCSX2 wiki

For you to read the wiki.

What will you be emulating this weekend?

I'm probably just going to play on my 3DS tbqh

Finishing up SOTN on Mednafen. Then I'll either restart Rondo or start FFV advance with a music hack, provided I finish DQ4 on DS soon.

im going to emulate a gf with my hand

Why does everyone here shit on Android emulation? Most phones have very high DPI screens which really helps with shaders.

>mostly payware emus with stolen source code
>good screens but often underpowered processors
>touch controls
I know there's attachable controllers, but they won't fit in your pocket and I'd just us my much more powerful PC if I'm at home. Has anyone made an attachment with low profile buttons. Something that makes your phone look like a small PSP in a way?

Because by design android is shit for emulation and most emu on it are shit in comparison to their PC counterpart.

>shit CPU
>shit audio timing because of design flaws in Android
>java
>touchscreen controls
No.

you guys are so gay

You're the one sucking my dick, faggot.

Is DOSBox-libretro just broken? I can't get it to load a conf/bat/exe at all; it just goes to Z:\> no matter what.

I mean I guess I could still manually type shit in, but fuck that.

- It's not stolen if most emulators are open source. Besides, RA exists.
- We're finally seeing a change. Phones are becoming much more powerful.
- External gamepads have existed for years. As have Android gaming handhelds.

It's a shame that shaders will continue to look like shit on PC until 8K monitors are a thing. They look great on my 5" phone, though. Honestly better than on an actual CRT.

lol

I see there are various emulators for android too, but the more advanced consoles ones seems to be very irregular arent they? (Dolphin, play!)

My father was a great gran turismo fan, and he has become tired of one of those freemium games that keeps updating, what could he do?

Buy ePSXe off the Play store and download an ISO of Gran Turismo from emuparadise.

Are there any complete rom-pack torrents anyone here recommends?

'Ey lad, he's got a point. You've licked quite a couple of knobs yourself. Mine included.

You mean like a complete set of romsets?

yeh. The ones I find are always full of holes

I remember trying GT1 once, the car handling did not felt half as good.

You could try the PSP game on PPSSPP.

Also, don't ever buy ePSXe, that guy is either retarded or a shill. RetroArch with PCSX-ReARMed is better and free.

Read the wiki btw.

I have a question about pcsx2
Do I absolutely have to update windows 7 completely to get 1.4 to work? because nothing else I've done has allowed the C++ redistributable to install properly

Yes you have to.

fuck
thanks for the answer

Hm, it works for me and I've had windows updates turned off for years.

how many years? because mine's been off since 2010

>What would your suggestion be?
Don't listen to the braindead RA army and play whatever works for you.

idk

>external game pads have existed for years
No shit, but they don't fit in your pocket. Has no one made something that clamps onto your phone that makes it look almost like a PSP GO or something?

I'm getting the first error message while playing Mario Sunshine on dolphin 5.0 r116. if I press no the emu crashes, if I press yes I get the error message below, and other errors with similar messages to the second box.

yes, i'm not sure if this one is good

>underpowered processors
which devices of the same size have better processors?

how do I get the keyboard working on archlinux when using retroarch in KMS? I have to have xorg running if I want to use it

>which devices of the same size have better processors?
Nothing really except maybe the Shield. Though my point is that all portable emulation is kinda lackluster

Looks aight.

I really want something that fits on the back/bottom, is less than a CM thick and can slide up into itself.

I don't think for mobiles emulating the power is the problem, top of the line devices are already running dolphin.

Dolphin devs said once that the driver support for most mobile SoC manufacturers is absolutely fucking bad. Many emulators have issues where it simply can't be fixed because shit drivers.

It's a permissions issue, check out this article maister wrote about it:
github.com/libretro/RetroArch/wiki/Input-drivers-in-Linux-without-Xorg

Essentially you want this udev rule:
$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/99-evdev.rules
KERNEL=="event*", NAME="input/%k", MODE="666"

Do chmod 666 /dev/input/event* for a temporary fix so you don't have to reboot.

Playing Final Fantasy Mystic Quest through Dolphin with a Gamecube controller with FXAA on a big screen tv..

Fight me!

bump xd

>FXAA
>xd

>>touch controls
That's not Android's fault, that's problem with the current mobile market. Most Normies want thin phones, and want to use a touch screen. Smartphone killed using physical controls for mobile devices. So most mobile games don't use physical control because the majority of the market use touch screens.

Android has no problems with creating 3DS(GPD), PSP/Vita(JXD), and PSP Go(Xperia Play) form factors. Android is the only OS where you can find a Flip Phone, or Slider form factor with decent specs.

>PCSX-ReARMed is better
How so?

oh boy the ePSXe shills are here

>playing jrpgs

You fucked up before you even started

What kind of games do you like?

Let's not be too hasty with the word "shill". I would rather not have this turn into /vr/ 2.0 (where you could have 10 solid pages littered with the word).

archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2016-01-03_Fixed

archive.org/download/No-Intro_Thumbnails_2016-04-10

This is an argument that needs to happen. My personal opinion is that the emulators are like the hardware they mimic: completely fucking meaningless without the games that ran on them. In that context, I think discussion of the games (within reason, of course) is justified.

whoa thanks a lot for the links