/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsiso.com/3ds-tips-and-tutorials/269073-tutorial-convert-gameboy-advance-gba-roms-gba-vc-cia-files.html
gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/
buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.3/nintendo/3ds/
youtube.com/watch?v=uMFpTclC82g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Would it be possible to get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team for the 3ds if it were run on a visual console? Asking because I haven't seen it anywhere on 3dsiso and I'd like to play it on my 3ds...

>Install JPN Theme pack
>Go to themes
>No new themes
What gives

MHG LEAK WHEN?

Can you install android on a 3ds?

sort of

>-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.

Just wait 5 hours

Yes, you need to convert .gba to .cia. But it doesn't run on VC, it runs in AGB_FIRM.

3dsiso.com/3ds-tips-and-tutorials/269073-tutorial-convert-gameboy-advance-gba-roms-gba-vc-cia-files.html
Although you need to download a new version of the converter program for some games.

>homebrew that need title selection not working from oothax/CN on 11.0 due to the new randomization despite it being "fixed"

KICKASS

Cant update FBI through the built in updater and when trying to install a game i get an error message.

Result code: 0xD8A08012
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary : Invalid State

Anyone has had this problem?

Try some other installer

>tfw 9.8 a9lh master race

To add to this, the CIA is probably invalid, try another CIA with FBI and the same CIA with DevMenu.
Are you retarded? How is 9.8 master race, all it means is you can't play new games.

Yeah i tried installing through Devmenu and ended up getting an invalid cia error. Which i thought was weird since i created the cia through CIAngel.

I just ended up installing through QR code and it worked.

>How is 9.8 master race, all it means is you can't play new games.

I know he's memeing, but I'm pretty sure no game requires anything higher than 9.6.

Well you're fucking wrong.

Really? I'm referring to CIAs, not cartridges that put forced updates that often aren't required for the game to run.

freehax for 10.6: never ever

What are some good lesser known VC titles on the 3DS worth playing?

What happened to the guy developing the BlargSNES VC?

In 14 days.

Need some guides on adding wads and forwarders to my wii u vwii. Getting tired of seeing an empty wii menu, would like to fill it up some.

A9LH is alot easier to use if you don't have that.

So does nintendo just have Zero idea that people are pirating these games? they dont seem to want to try and do shit about it.

Please respond

There's no game or DLC that can't be fixed up to run on 9.6

eShop games have a minimum firmware as well.

No one gives a fuck about your shitty cards. $14 is overpriced as hell when you can buy a DSTT for 8 dollars.

Outside of Virtual Console and GBA, how good is the New 3DS at emulation? I want go play Genesis CPS1 games on it if possible.

Which Luma doesn't seem to give a shit about. There's always cryptofixing too, not that it's even needed.

On the topic of flashcarts, what would be the best flashcart to get if I have an A9LH 3DS and want something to emulate DS games? Nothing else, besides maybe cheats, but something that can store DS games, I can choose from a list which one I want to play, then play it.

I agree the DSTT great. The price is for the convenience of not having to wait 2+ weeks to receive one from nds-card.

The original R4 with Apache Thunder's Stage2 Launcher (does not support microSDHC cards, which means there is a 2GB size limit, also does not work with forwarders) gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/
DSTT with CIA forwarders (supports microSDHC cards, which means you can have up to 32GB cards) gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

Dual-core cards are shit because they drain your battery.

So what do you recommend? Preferably that can forward.

DSTT

Is it any better than the regular R4i-SDHC?

how the fuck do i use retroarch on N3DS lads

never used retroarch before

It's cheaper and provides the exact same functionality.

Download the zip file and install the CIA for whatever core you want to use (different cores are for different systems to emulate)

Is there a launcher for the original, non-DSi CycloDS?

R4i is better

You can try with Apache Thunder's Slot1 Launcher. gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/
If it doesn't work, nothing will unless someone makes a specific launcher for the CycloDS.

In what way? Just curious, about to buy one.

No it isn't
It isn't. DSTT is the superior card (arguably R4 because it's 1 dollar cheaper, but definitely not R4i).

Not that user, but mind sharing the link to the zip?

So, in what way?

buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.3/nintendo/3ds/
Works with forwarders, very cheap (provided you buy from nds-card.com), can use cheats.

No they don't. There's nothing dual-core about them, just their name.

R4i's are fine, they'll work with 99%+ of games just like most cards. DSTT might have the best compatibility with forwarders though. idk

Recent versions of fbi had a fucked updater and it didn't actually work, you have to reinstall the cia from github manually to updatebut the bug should be fixed now for later updates

Thanks for the link user. Is it as simple as dropping roms on my sd card?

So, I haven't used my a9lh/reinand-modded 3DS in a while but I decided to use it to play the enw Monster Hunter demo. 5 minutes in and it tells me my SD card was removed but it clearly wasn't.

I went to the home menu, took out the SD card then the 3DS turned off. I immediately put the SD card back in but now it won't turn it back on. I mean, the blue light shows up but that's it, the screen is black, no sound. I took the SD card out and back in several times but no dice.

What can I do?

You probably have a Chinese card that is malfunctioning. You better have a backup, and get a card made in Korea or Japan.

>he fell for the mcu brick generations cia

It's generally better and is the most recommended here along with the Gold

Stop shilling your card

>this flashcart is the best because it's the cheapest
fucking poorfags
did you buy your 3DS used too?

Oh, generally better, my favorite.

UPDATE: Switching the SD card to non-write then back to writable mode made it back to normal.

Welp, it doesn't

>did you buy your 3DS used too?
Yes. Found out from the SD pictures that it used to belong to a little black girl.

>wanting used goods that was defiled by a darkie
disgusting

I would opt for an Acekard 2i over the original r4.
>coming from an r4 owner

You think I didn't disinfect it? I don't want aids you know.

Yeah and then you need to run it through RetroArch.

I think you're just trolling senpai, you have no arguments for your card and no arguments against the DSTT.
Dude seriously, the only carts that work with forwarders are R4 and DSTT, and as I said, R4 has a 2GB limit on microSD cards.
It's not the best because it's the cheapest, it's the best because of all its features, and in addition to that, it's the cheapest.

What. Doesn't R4i-SDHC work with forwarding?

Oh sorry I forgot, that is correct, and the R4 doesn't work with forwarders, only with Apache Thunder's Stage2 Launcher.

Supposedly "R4iSDHC" works too but seems to have trouble with AP games when using YSMenu

Not him but your arguments for your shitty, outdated card aren't any better

>outdated
This doesn't fucking matter, it still works exactly the same except better because it works with forwarders.

The R4i-SDHC also works with fowarders

And it's also more expensive. Also that's not even what the original retard was arguing for, he was arguing for the R4i.

But it must have some magical, woody advantage... right?!

Okay so I hacked my 3ds back when everyone was booming about it about 5 months ago.

haven't really kept up on anything. Is there anything i need to update or add.
The only thing I've heard of right now is free shop, which i probably will get.

He was arguing for the R4i-SDHC which you implied the DSTT was better than

arm9loaderhax

fuck menuhax

youtube.com/watch?v=uMFpTclC82g

Not if you wanna use forwarders.
If you don't, well have fun wasting money just so you can have a slightly different menu and no forwarders.
I didn't imply it, I actually just said it. Do you have any reasons why it's not better?

How do you disinfect this stuff without ruining the paint anyway?

Is there a list of DS games that we can run on the 3ds with a9lh?

All of them, as long as you mean physical

Is non-screeninit even that important? Is changing the brightness of boot the only thing it does?

I meant the ROM , not physical

If you're using a flashcart, all of them

If not, then I have some bad news

50/50 mix distilled water and iso alcohol. Mist real lightly, use high quality auto microfiber.

Actually that's not true. We can't run Guitar Hero DS for example. Also I think you can't run FE12 (at least it's not on the DS cart whitelist I found).

It makes the screen not flash when booting. It's not important, but it's nicer to have it looking as vanilla as possible.

>Guitar Hero
Oh yeah, forgot about that game, but I doubt he would want to play it

>FE12
Odd

Alright, just followed the guide, easy as can be.

Now that I've got everything installed, what's the best way to go about piracy? Just install .cia files or is there a way to just run the .3ds versions of games?

Oh boy, three shitty games. Better hire goons to stop the 2 people dumb enough to pirate them.

What's the bad news?

There is no bad news.

just install the cia files

The only other way is the emulator being worked on, but it currently runs like shit

or its more likely they're just abandoning the wii u.

Install the .cia for either CIAngel or Freeshop so you don't have to pull your SD card in and out every time you want a new game.

Well there is still desmume