Hey Veeky Forums, listen

Hey Veeky Forums, listen

I just want to make enough money to eat, sleep and play videogames for the rest of my life
what's the quickest way of doing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For perma-NEETdom, the term you're looking for is financial independence.

You're shooting for living expenses to be about 3% of your total portfolio (assuming we get anti-aging treatments within a few decades and Social Security becomes a no-go).

Depending on your savings rate, that'll be a decade or two:

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

>Just earn like $200k/year and invest all of it bro! Surely a lazy, unskilled loser could do this!

Notice that the link calculates based on savings rate.

You want to eat, sleep, and play vidya?

Fine, $500/mo rent & utilities for a studio in nowheresville with a roommate, $200/mo in food, $100/mo in vidya. $800/mo -> $9600/yr -> $320k in savings.

Even if you're a retard you can earn and save that much in 20 years. Especially with compounding over those 20 years.

Live on 5k/year. Requires 175k portfolio.

You should be able to save that up in less than 10 years user

no one wants to play videogames at 40 years old.

Also how the fuck are you suppose to save up $320k with no skills at all? Minimum wage isn't going to allow you to save enough

>Live on 5k/year.

Which part of the world allows you to live off under $500/month?

What the actual fuck?

Which part of a civilized country has rent that costs less than $5k/year?

you're not putting 320k into your checking account dipshit

My parents left me a cabin on a small plot of land in bumfuck no where. I pay like 1500 in property taxes each year, solar panels+rain barrels to decrease utility costs and boom, done

>no one wants to play videogames at 40 years old.

OP does. Especially with 20 more years of gaming tech and VR.

But fuck it, if he wants something else, he could take up a side job, or spend the $100/mo on something else.

Also no one actually lives off exactly minimum wage. And even if they are that dumb, they need to be putting in 60 hours a week. Voila, savings.

then explain how to save up to $320k on minimum wage.

Write out average monthly expenses by category and how much you'll be saving/investing each month.

>My parents left me a cabin on a small plot of land in bumfuck no where

Wow neat.

Wish my parents just gave me a bunch of shit too. How the fuck is that advice?

>Just inherit/get gifted some property and money bro!

>And even if they are that dumb, they need to be putting in 60 hours a week. Voila, savings.

wow cool $200 more per month.

Maybe by the time we're 70-80 years old we'll be able to not work

You can easily buy a couple acres of land in Wyoming for 10k. Make friends with a contractor who can set you up with the right people to build a small home for another 10k. Stop acting like this is hard.

Put every single cent you make into a proper investment portfolio. I'm not gonna teach you how to budget for food, that's totally dependent on your location.

60 hours/wk x $8/hr* x 52 weeks - Taxes ~= $1500/mo

With OP living as before
>$500/mo rent & utilities for a studio in nowheresville with a roommate, $200/mo in food, $100/mo in vidya

He's saving $700/mo, over 45%. Enough to retire per MMM in 19 years, but with a 3% withdrawal rate make it 24 to be safe.

Start doing that at 18, you're free and clear at 42.

*Again, if you're putting in that time, we're presuming you're retarded. Non retards will get raises to $10 or find better work for $15.

Get a job and only work 40 hours a week like all the rest of the cuckfag normies i see.

Have fun never reachibg your true potential.

sage

Trading (stocks I assume) is a job and a skilled one at that. And that's ignoring risk factors

OP doesn't want a job.

That's above his true potential, user.

play the stocks dirty but legal

Ask discreetly around for doctors that will diagnose you with disabilities that don't need objective physical confirmation or any treatment with serious side effects, and learn what you have to say to get your diagnosis.

Psychiatrists are the most crooked and easiest sources, but they're likely to get you put on medication that makes you miserable and shortens your life, and you risk being sucked into an even more intensive profit opportunity for them: inpatient care.

What you want are doctors who are suckers for diagnoses of conditions that cause chronic pain and lethargy. This can get you not only disability benefits, but free drugs that you can sell to supplement your income.

>build a small home for another 10k

Time to stop posting. You're fucking clueless.

I know a lot of people who do this, and it's not hard at all. Functionally, benefit stacking amounts to basic income; we just don't call it that. The only problem is that it's going to cave the social safety net sometime in the next decade or two if we can't correct the current issues with socioeconomic disparities. There are just way too many people taking benefits right now who aren't putting anything back in to the system.

You will not want to be on the teet in 20 years when it goes down in flames.

I hate to say this, but this is fairly common.

SSDI scams are pretty common here in DC. I met one woman who claimed she had chronic pain in her hands that prevented her from doing any sort of work with her hands, including typing, writing, texting, etc. I met her when she was playing on her phone and signing various contracts for benefits.

If you don't have money/talent, start benefit stacking.

If you do have money/talent, start investing in / working on solar-powered autonomous medical robots (from autonomous factories) that do things for officially disabled people that they can't do for themselves, like manufacture and install solar panels, capture materials from air and soil to make food and feedstocks, build and maintain homes with things with standard comforts like 3d printers, etc.

Group A gets to live comfortably and not have to work. Group B gets everything else.

>he can't build a home for

>Get a job and only work 40 hours a week like all the rest of the cuckfag normies i see.

>Only

lmfao good wagecuck. go work 80 hours a week