/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 1st:
1863 – American Civil War: The Battle of Gettysburg begins.
1881 – The world's first international telephone call is made between St. Stephen, New Brunswick, Canada, and Calais, Maine, United States.
1908 – SOS is adopted as the international distress signal.
1916 – World War I: First day on the Somme: On the first day of the Battle of the Somme 19,000 soldiers of the British Army are killed and 40,000 wounded.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPyk1dsGZQY
youtube.com/watch?v=JBfjU3_XOaA
youtube.com/watch?v=_Rcc7xgD2dM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

first for Victoria 3 might actually be good

>he isn't a fascist revolutionary

Reminder to purchase all DLC and that torrenting is illegal.

Proud russian nazi

Reminder to pay for the games you play

I want to marry Johan.

Reminder to make the first 20 posts of every thread pure autism.

Gales I'd the breezy rain in fall of. I want top line in games because it is the best peroxide in all of France. I want to live in game because it's the best province in all of fans.

Lets join hands and make all 750 posts in every thread pure autism

Really makes you think

Damn...

Codreanu

How do I make proper Islamic Republic of Iran in herts of goys 4?

Heresies in CK2 are pretty shit, is there any mod that fixes that?

gsg approved documentaries/movies/tv shows?

Nicholarumba II

Are you a fascist revolutionary or are you simply reactionary because I talked to this guy who said he was a fascist revolutionary he didn't even care about the degrading moral fiber of t he just basically said "live and let live" but he didn't wasn't too impose hours will upon perry pelt. What I mean by that is that he didn't want to impose his will upon Pierpont.

ck2 best rpg best girl

CK2+

Go look in the archive, there's literally an image for that.

What are some good pre-Napoleon Germany borders?

Excluding vasslas/clients

amidoinitrite /b/ -- I mean /gsg/?

Post your soundtrack for Japan in hoi4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPyk1dsGZQY

>CK2 activator gets marked as virus
>johan was just trying to protect me this whole time
ebin

>Counterespionage: 9
Does that mean they have 9 spies fighting against my own?

How do I remove enemy spies so I can raise support for their Nazi party better?

Also, as you may see by the pie chart on the right, support is just all over the place for all the parties. Is it worth it to try and coup India in this case or should I just stick to using leadership points on research?

youtube.com/watch?v=JBfjU3_XOaA

>liege has enforced realm peace
what is this meme

>country im trying to give lend lease to doesnt have enough convoys
C M O N paradox

I just want a game with hoi warfare and vicky 2 economy and politics. Is that too much to ask for?

yes

>you can't request lend-lease and AI is too dumb to offer it to you

What kind of virus? Where'd you download it from?

Can someone upload Veritas et Fortitudo for me?
Steamworkshop downloader still doesn't work for it and I'm a filthy pirate.

The more you spread spies with multiple actions, the less effective they are, since you can have a max of 10 spies in a single country.

Do only counterespionage until you kill all their spies, then leave it at the minimum. As soon as they start getting more they'll be likely killed.

Get enough Covert Ops for a Coup, but don't do it early. Then stop investing in it and switch everything to Support our Party

For a decent chance at couping you need 40%+ party support and shitty national unity on the target. Even then it's still mad difficult to pull. Just savescum.

Also use influence to bring them to your side of the triangle, and max diplomatic relations by trading a lot (just do a shitton of small/negligible trades like sell 1 energy)

Nationalists really got screwed over this game, damn. Guess I'll have to invade Spain or try to coup them as well.

Thanks for the help man.

I don't get how to play Sweden in EU4.

Like, every time I just get DoW'd by Muscovy/Denmark and get rimmed

What am I missing? Like why is Sweden good?

Has HOI4 had any decent mods/bug fixes/improvements yet?

Because they are in good position to fuck shit up and they have great national buffs.
Muh Swedish steel

how do i get rid of the depressed trait

What shit do they fuck up? Legit question

Like, do you go east into the Novgorod node or west/south into trade nodes downstream?

In HoI4, what are some good countries to boost fascist popularity in in an attempt to 'convert' them?

If you turn National Foci off, are all bets off and is anything equally likely, or will nations still be tipped slightly in favor of certain decisions?

exercise, accomplish something

kys

Get all of Scandinavia and then just go for German minors or Russia.

A good goal for Sweden is to make Baltic sea and internal sea.

As a fascist New Persian Empire I started working on Colombia, Venezuela, Peru and Panama. About 100 divisions between them by 1943.

Panama I didn't get for soldiers though. I did it for military access for the other 3 to the Panama Canal, which they piled a hundred thousand soldiers into. America couldn't send a single ship through the canal from 1941 to 1954 when my war ended.

In Europe, the Republicans won so Germany invaded. Then Germany was wasting 70 fucking divisions watching the Portuguese border so I coup'ed Portugal to Fascism too

Okay guys, I just downloaded DH and I don't know what's good about it. All the game looks the same as HoI2 with a few new techs and decisions. Is there anything I'm missing?

From the mega link in the OP, a trojan I think

Großdeutschland Ain’t free. The tree of German Weltpolitik gotta be litterd with the blood of frenchmen. The Führer aka Gefreiter Hitler ain't my leader. he is lowly soldier and probably jewish as well :DD. Hohenzollern and Kaiser, not Hitler and Kanzler, ok. Gott mit uns.

Triumph des Willens

Apocalypse Word War 1,2 / Stalin

Should I continue this campaign?

Fucking hell Japan, get your shit together! I've just declared war...

Get independence
Unite scandinavia while taking innovative, quality, economic, and offensive ideas
Enjoy your spess muhrines with policies and national bonuses.

Sweden used to be easy mode because you could block straits with navies. It was literally horde money for the first few years, then build a fuckload of galleys, block the strait to sjealland, fuck norway and denmark, and take all your cores/claims in the deal.

Now because armies can ignore blockades if they control both sides of the strait it requires more diplomacy. Ideally denmark fucks up in an early war and you can pounce while they're weak.

Don't even try to fight muscovy before you have space marines or at least the first couple ideas, you might win, but you'll take more losses than you should. If you can break away early enough you can stomp novgorod though.

>all dem greens
hnng

Truly a commendable assault on the polish there my good sir.

does anyone have that empire drawing meme pic

Lads, if I were to start a new ironman game of CK2 now, will it be save compatible with the upcoming when it releases?
Or should I just wait until it releases?

Lads?

The next DLC will make the game even less fun than Conclave, so I'm not sure if you'll want to keep playing in the first place.

No it won't be compatible
>Ironmeme
Why

>he doesn't wait for HIP / CK2 to fix it all

The Muslims are mad at me.

I dont understand what paradox is trying to do.
>hey johann lets make all our games really fucking bad and boring
>be careful, I tried to make EU4 even worse but the community vetoed my no claim fabrication until 1600 idea.

>not playing an overhaul mod

>China exploded
Every time

>be careful, I tried to make EU4 even worse but the community vetoed my no claim fabrication until 1600 idea.
I remember how butthurt Johan got over that.

>having enough self-control to stop yourself from cheating

I dont even understand what he was trying to do with that. There is nothing to do in EU4 besides blob. Removing claim fabrication just makes the game about sitting around at speed 5 doing nothing for half the fucking game unless you want to no cb it.

>unless you want to no cb it.
That's exactly what he wanted. He wanted people to no CB war.

You really should though and it's not like Cheet AEngine cares about ironmeme, you can literally turn on Godmode and infinite Money / eternal 12/12/12 rulers through it if you feel like it

What the fuck was the point of that? It's not like he was adding anything to do like MEIOU does nor adding alternative CBs.

I actually think it looks alright, have you seen the new maimed traits? Looking forward to that.

>Ironmeme
Never tried it before, thought I would give it a go.

Thank you. They are a considerable challenge.

Morocco is actually colonising this game. Only other time I saw them do this was when they colonised Canada. Moroccan Canada ended up getting independence, full-annexing Canada, and forming Canada.

Fucking why though?
Back in those days people had a reason to go to war. Some of the reasons were really shitty but they still had reasons.

I can appoint female stewards in ck2 (hip mod) wtf is this

He said it's because that's how it was in EU3.

The morocco thing is interesting but mother of fuck that europe would make me quit.
Nice believable world Johan.

Looks like it's the end of the Aragonese Empire.

t. HoI4 German AI

What meme mod?

In the new versions nations aren't locked into defined ideas anymore so weird nations can actually end up colonizing.

None.

>that's how it was in EU3
>actually fix EU4 by this point, mess up mainly in the mana and '''development'''' department and partially the meme "core" and "culture" mechanics but otherwise a superior game to EU3
>multiplayer balance bullshit edges its way in
>now want to ruin the few things it does better than EU3

lmao what the fuck

Moroccan Canada actually happened over a year ago.
The world is fucked in this playthrough.

new is a very relative term

>polkadot castille

That shit looks like vanilla

>That shit looks like vanilla
>tfw already forgot how vanilla EU4 looked

I was going off it looking buttugly actually
Haven't played anything but MEIOU and VeF forever

Kek why is this game so memey, why are literally all my children geniuses?

Somebody stop this Armenian nightmare before it's too late.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Rcc7xgD2dM

>it's a crisis dies in 5 seconds episode

Did you really delete it or something

After 20 hours of HoI4 I have found all possible scenarios.

>Axis loses every game
>Japan has a 50% chance to take China
>after Axis is dead, Soviet invades
>if the US is allied, Soviet lose
>if the US is not involved, Soviet will take Europe

That's it. I haven't seen anything remotely fun scenario happen so far. No country has turned from Democratic to Fascists. The AI doesn't stage coups or anything.

It's this exact same scenario over and over again.

Nope.
But i did find the culprit... Charles Joseph Essie ?

It looks to me like he simply added the section

So where is the original section then

No as in it didn't even exist, there wasn't a >1945 -> present
Section before he explicitly added it, it ended at "under Nazi Germany".

So Germans stopped being a nation after 1945?