/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #12 - Timefuckery edition

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD

BotW Known Item Stats:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r6bbN74Bvbsm7nQ9TYDPhtM-DBXMADweKqKYTuaFG_I/edit?usp=sharing

>More Zelda 1? Check Zelda Classic's romhacks:
zeldaclassic.com/

>News/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uiEYTN-nDso
youtube.com/watch?v=hmsZyC0UXUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Koros exist in all timelines

First for Cute Doggy

what is the overall best temple design?

Koroks*

You mean from a merely aestethic point of view or from a level design one?

I guess both. Would be more interested in hearing what dungeon you guys think is the best in terms of level design though desu

Every clock translates to a trip back in time in OoT and a door opened. All of them are alternate timelines.

>BotW
>all this Sheikah stuff
>no sign of Impa
Uh...

New BotW Wii U analisys. This game and physics egine are pushing its weak hardware to its limits.

youtube.com/watch?v=uiEYTN-nDso

DOGGO
O
G
G
O

>still no sign of Impa
Fixed.

Was there any Sheikah imagery to be found at all in WW? I don't remember seeing any.

Yup. Plus the Sun statues.
The tower ofgods seem also made by a technology similar to the Sheikah's one.

I really hope she's in this game. It'd be extremely lame if the most prominent Sheikah character was absent from a game that constantly shoves Sheikah stuff in your face.

Well, there was the stained glass window in the Master Sword chamber. Other that that, I don't recall any. I mean, Gohdan possibly counts now.

15th for slow euro time.

I wonder if she will be an old woman or a young lady this time.

Probably both, like in SS. Or they could just have an in-between and make her a middle-aged silver fox.

Loli Impa when?

I need this now.

My dick needs it now.

That or maybe a new really good sheikah character and really heavy mentions on Impa at least

The Footage loks really good there, I think it's likely that the framerate will be more stable on release.

I think so as well. The E3 demo wasn't the complete game after all.

It's a little hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure HW Impa is probably in her early-mid thirties. The white hair is stress from being captain of the guard, Zelda's personal bodyguard, and leading troops. This Impa apparently never goddamned sleeps.

Well, we've got the mummy priests, but they're not really characters as such.

Confession time: I've never beat OoT or MM.
am I a piece of shit?

Yes. Get out of our general

Nah, same here. But I'm sure out there you can find people that played OoT and MM but never completed LoZ 1 and 2, unlike me.
So who gives a fuck. Enjoy Zelda. This gen is also great to pick up games in the series you missed.

>The white hair is stress from being captain of the guard
I thought Impa was naturally albino.

Can the Wii U play gamecube games?

I wish

Damn there's one on sale for $170 new, I would've gotten it.

Yes and no.
You have to softmod the Wii mode in the Wii U to play GC games on it.
It's easy and not dangerous, as Nintendo stopped uodating the Wii OS. Just install DiosMios and you're done, you have a Wii U that plays GC games.

Does that void your warranty by downloading that, And can you plug gamecube controllers into your wii u? Or does the wii u controller work with gamecube games?

>Does that void your warranty by downloading that,
It's a softmod of only the Wii part of the console, so no.
>And can you plug gamecube controllers into your wii u?
You can but you need a GC adapter.
>Or does the wii u controller work with gamecube games?
It does. But some specific games could need GC controller's analog triggers.

Thanks bro.

Rance IV confirmed for being in some timeline of Zelda. Toushin Toushi Ylapu confirmed for being Skyloft.

Nah, she has a noticeably darker skin color than Zelda and Link.

No worries. The Wii U is worth getting for its backwards compatibility potential. It plays Wii U, Wii, GC, N64, SNES, NES games and all handhelds's games up to the DS.
Maybe the NX will do it too. But it will cost more than a Wii U and it will take longer to be hacked.

Stop, you're only making me want it more.

W-what was it?

Something that would've gotten me banned for a month

What's that, user? You want me to post more Impa? Well okay!

This can't be all there is

>you never have a cool big sister/surrogate mother who teaches you to be a ninja

Reminder that Sheik is MALE

It's not, but I hate doubleposting.

Those look like boobs and women legs to me

How about the second quest of LoZ?

Ah ah, of course I played that one too

I was talking about that picture in particular. Is it just a section or is there a full body version?

those bandages in her chest are there to hide her boobs

There really needs to be a montage of Impa training Zelda to be a Sheikah warrior. Perhaps in the form of a short or a comic.

It's okay to admit you haven't
I certainly haven't yet.

If they existed in all timelines, then we would have already see them in the child and downfall timelines.

But it's not the case.

I'll believe in that once you get first comment stating this. Until then, mine has supreme authority over any argument.

lol what a gay

For me it's either Stone Tower Temple, Forest Temple, or Spirit Temple. The first two especially have great atmosphere.
youtube.com/watch?v=hmsZyC0UXUU

>loli impa nursing granny zelda

No idea. If there is, I've never seen it.

I'm playing ALBW for a third time and it's still just so great. The openendedness of Lorule is really satisfying.

Just a reminder that BotW is going to be a game about timeline collision and will force the series back into a singular timeline to allow for maximum experimentation in setting and execution as the series modernises and moves forward.

How do you figure? Forcing it into one timeline seems more restrictive if anything, since they'll have to retain a higher level of consistency.

>to allow for maximum experimentation in setting
Actually, three timelines allow for more experimentations. Just look at how different are WW and TP.

no

A lot of timelines that don't even matter is better. They can just come up with any sort of crazy story and lazily shove it up somewhere after

>Aryll will never meet her big sister Linkle.

I'll never get the hate for ALBW

What was this guy's deal?

Poes

Spooky ghost person
As Hyrule descended into Ganon's darkness, shit like him rose to the surface

Whatever he is.

He wants to poke his poe pole into your boy hole.

What? Poes are delicious. Breaded and deep fried, with just a little garlic and onion in the breading.

u fokkin wot

GUYS. GUYS, with the voice acting saying Link, this means I cannot use a custom name for him, right?

Shit

That's not true, right?

Not after they stopped him being a lefty for no good reason...

It would be a crime if Link can't take photos and selfies with that slate.

People caring about which hand link uses are just as stupid as those that care about Link's gender.

Who gives a fuck, just play the damn game.

I'm left handed. No characters are left handed. It was cool that one guy was, and now he isn't, and for no real reason.

They could just have a fucking option.

But Nintendo is lazy. They should make at least one game with Link being a woman. There's no reason not to.

Like a gender option? Fuck off, mate. This is trivial stuff to complain about. You are the living confirmation lefties are terrible people.

>lol modelling gender is exactly the same as flipping a model
Jesus Christ.

There was a reason. The majority of people are Right-Handed. And it was a change due to the most recent console games having Link being left-handed. I know it sucks, i didn't even cared what hand he used.

You say there's no real readon for him to be right handed but there's also no real reason for him to be left handed.

recent console games having Link being left-handed*

It was changed due to motion controls (by shittily mirroring the whole world at first -- no options there, either, 'cause that would make sense). But now they don't use motion controls.
Yes. And?

Nintendo has asked you to build a new Color Dungeon. However this time to incorporate proper color mechanics.(Colorblind friends don't worry it'll have colorblind modes).

The trick however is it can't be something as simple as the LA DX Color Dungeon or just simply painting stuff the right color or matching up colors or what have you, it has to be an entirely unique experience.

What do you create?

Even with motion controls they could have made an option. The Wiimote+nunchuk don't depend on positioning, it's the same layout on both hands.

It's a shit reason, but that IS the reason. They just chose to stick with it.

>Yes. And?

Why are you complaining about it when it doesn't matter?

Use an item that raises the ground, like the rod in ALBW, to create slopes. Coloured inks must run down the hills in order to mix, thus creating the requisite colour to set of a Shiekah Colour Authenticater, or some nonsense like that.

Yes.

My point isn't "how dare they not stick with it". It's "this sucks for me and my immersion that they did not stick with it".

>identifying over dominant hands
Jesus christ, this character has brown eyes, I have brown eyes too, wow we're so alike.

>There's no reason not to.
We can have a female Link after we have a Legend of Zelda game where you can actually play as Princess Zelda.

And I mean mainline, CDi-fags. Do not fucking start with me.

>lel what is reading comprehension

Dungeons are boring. I play Zelda games for the story and atmosphere. If I could skip dungeons, I would.
Hopefully BotW will make dungeons optional. Maybe with an option to turn them off.

>AMA STRONK WOMAN
>AI DON'T NEED A SHIELD
>AM STRONK

Last Zelda game.

Zelda is tired of this shit repeating.
Recover her godlike form
Absorb the Soul of the Hero and Master Sword into her own
Proceed to BTFO Ganon for good
Shit gets so serious that all timelines converge due to insane amounts of timefuckery