/owg/ Overwatch General

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>The Oversheet (Damage values and other numbers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Stats and Leaderboards (Unofficial)
masteroverwatch.com

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kp6IZHUlznE
overwatch.metabomb.net/gameplay-guides/overwatch-counters-guide-june-2016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How long until blizzard maked pharmercy official?

Why would someone who's a serious soldier like Morrison decide that what he needs to look scary and beat up punks is a college letter jacket?

I started at 53, I'm actually trying in games though. I've entered a state of mind, kind of like deep depression, where if my team is terrible and we're doing really badly, I wont get mad. I'll wait until the end of the game and then just scream a lot. Lately I've been doing this a bunch because it seems like every team has either been us steamrolling them or us getting steamrolled, meaning that there's no sense of accomplishment when I do win, and when I lose it's always crushing and I feel terrible. Don't get me started on people leaving matches.

Okay, gonna .. gently ask again.

What are any big changes from the closed beta to now? Any big character differences? I only know a handful of them.

>Bastion used to be 180 degrees only, had a Reinhardt sheild to take 1000 damage
>Mercy damage boosts stacked
>Discord orbs stacked
>Genji was hilariously broken somehow

Zenyatta's Orbs didn't require line of sight
So Genji with a Harmony Orb was unkillable, pretty much.

It's a motorcycling jacket. Maybe that's how he gets around?

Why is reaper so fucking edgy?

Never

anyone have any fucking idea how to fix this

Genji being so broken was mainly the result of Zen and Symmetra. Harmony orbs were changed to require LoS, shield was changed from 50 to 25. Genji also lost damage on his shurikens.

Playing ranked is nothing but getting punished over and over again for other people's actions.

>teammate quits
>enjoy losing a rank
>enemy quits
>enjoy winning 1/15xp
>you win
>nevermind it's coin flip time! Enjoy losing a rank!

Genji's shuriken used to be 20% more powerful, 30 per hit I think instead of 24

But tf2 is better?

Guys im shit but i keep getting lucky wins. Since placements i only lost 2 games and both of them were sudden death on defence. What do?

Is there any fix to the LC-202 error on a PS4 (Lost connection to game server). Got the game today and would really love to play

>playing Quick Play
>always end up going Mercy cause no other fucker plays support
>3 reapers in my last game
Why?

Mei got buffed a fuckton, fire rate, damage, and freeze time, ammo capacity buffed

Torbjorn used to require scrap to build turrets and used to be able to build up to a level 3 turret (weaker than release lvl 3), molten core gave you unlimited scrap.

Symmetra used to be able to charge her teleporter while one was active so she pretty much always had it up

Mercy's revive range used to be longer but she only revived at the end of the animation.

McCree had no damage falloff and could outsnipe widowmakers.

I was only nine years old I loved Junkrat so much, I owned all the concussion mines and steel traps I pray to Junkrat every night, hoping for an explosion to bless me like it has for him "Junkrat is love", I say, "Junkrat is life" My dad hears me and calls me a level six He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Junkrat I called him an edgy reaper main He slaps me and sends me to my room I am crying now, because my face hurts I go into my bed and it is very cold I feel a warmth moving towards me I felt something touch me It's Junkrat I am so happy He whispers into my ear, "Fire in the hole" He grabs me with his powerful Australian hands and puts me on my hands and knees I'm ready I spread my ass cheeks for Junkrat He penetrates my butthole It hurts so much, but I do it for Junkrat I can feel my anus tearing as my eyes start to water I push against his force I want to please Junkrat He roars a mighty roar as he fills my butt with his firey explosion My dad walks in Junkrat looks him deep in the eyes and says, "It's a perfect day for some mayhem" Junkrat leaves through my window. Junkrat is love, Junkrat is life.

>Team sucks
>get on voice

"OK OK everyone go Hanzo. We're gonna win this bitch!"

>get stomped but have a fun time

fuck competitive mode.

Im bad at webms but I can offer this
youtube.com/watch?v=Kp6IZHUlznE

Got the same shit, can't find any solution

Who thought nering the 2 strong counters to Tracer would make Tracer good.

Blizzard is going to ruin this game because they can't balance for shit.

it's also 9 years old and I've played it to death and it's now an ugly as sin optimized mess that valve really doesn't give a shit about anymore

>torb turrets used to require scrap

fucking blizzard. now he just keeps pooping em out everytime you take one out.

>nerfing the two strong counters to tracer
McCree and... who?

>ranked 61
>play break it down man
>get carried by people far better than me

My dude I hope you're not talking about McCree because flashbang + headshot still kills tracer unless you are literally incapable of hitting a stunned target

Fuck fun I just want to win a game once that isn't because the entire enemy team quit

Oh, jesus. Did Discorbs need LOS too or was it just the harmony orbs? That sounds kinda awful.

My first thought was "that's not that bad." before I realized that 30 per hit means a few hits could take down most not-tanks. Damn.

>unlimited scrap during Molten Core
Good fucking grief. Just pour out 50 armor packs for the team.
The teleporter thing sounds awful, though. Thank you!

Looking for people to play with on EU!
Add Zenyatta #21261 if interested
Bellybeard & co is apparently ded ;_;7

Widowmaker.

>load into hanamura
>someone insta locks hanzo
>someone else locks hanzo a second later switched to widow
>third person locks hanzo
>widow unlocks
>lock hanzo for the lulz
>widow locks hanzo
>5th guy locks hanzo
>zenyatta is in voice chat losing his shit because he had to heal 5 hanzos
we lost in like 2 minutes but it was better than playing an 8 minute game with two hanzo

I don't understand how Lucio's ult could have a cast time, but Mercy's doesn't.

Because when it had one she'd die before she could get it off nine times out of ten

I would like to see if the middle ground works out better than it does though

>Good fucking grief. Just pour out 50 armor packs for the team.

I always try to make sure I've got lots of scrap on me at all times, especially if the enemy has a Zarya.

If a Graviton Surge gets put out I actually jump into it and start shitting out armorpacks under me. Outside of a true wombo combo I've never had anyone die on my watch.

Roughly how many games should I win a day if I want a golden weapon?

It's Saturday morning, what the fuck is this?

It´s been a positive experience for me after placement matches (which were hellish)
Ranked up 10 ranks since then. I´m guessing I just got ranked too low because I got really unlucky in placement matches and then got to play retarded opponents. I feel like I´m just pubstomping right now.

>tfw you're the one bringing your team down

My turn now! What should I buy?

How is widowmaker a strong tracer counter?

>friend and I are arguing about the 76 and Tracer matchup
>try to find something to back up our side of the argument
>see this

overwatch.metabomb.net/gameplay-guides/overwatch-counters-guide-june-2016

Trace vs 76, who wins in a 1v1?

Yeah but no ones going to play him now since he's shit for anything that isn't killing Tracer or Zen.

Summary of ranked games
> "HAMMER DOWN !"
> 40sec later
> "HAMMER DOWN!"
> 30sec later
> "HAMMER DOWN!"

LET THE PLAYERS PLAY FFS!

>that many coins with such little time played
How many crates did you buy

good thing Tracer is a popularly used character then

McCree is anti-flanker

Fuck this bitch. Fuck her and her poor character design. I'm literally about to win a game but this bitch comes out of nowhere and bodyshots me in the crotch. She looks so stupid.

I'm not ashamed
I'm a little ashamed

Barbarossa skin for torb
Pigpen for roadhog
some emotes/victory poses

yeah and he is still one of the worst heroes in the game

I main 76 and Tracer is probably my least favorite person to come across.

People who know what they're doing with Tracer bend me over

Does this picture exist as a plain image?

>decide to get a Roadhog skin when I get back up to 2000 coins
>I open up a loot box, get coins to get to 2100
>Also got Pigpen

It was a good box.

I thought I was the only one that thought she was ugly. She's got some mutant freak proportions going on.

actual ranked
>OGON PO TORONSK
>40 seconds later
>FIRE AT WILL
>30 seconds later
>more russian screams

is that bulge

>koth
>other team has point already capped
>people keep solo contesting
>suiciding over and over again

why are you doing this, it makes no sense

>Barbarossa
Got Blackbeard, like his design better even though the Barbarossa lore would fit me personally better (from the general Staufer area)

> Suggesting Roadhog even though he's not in the played list
I played him for quite some time, how did you know? Got Mako already, but considering Pigpen since it's only 250

Right now its fucking ridiculous though.

Mercy could be out of a fight, on her way back from spawn, her whole team dies, your team blows EVERYTHING, you're all critical, all she has to do is press shift onto a soul and press Q

It'd be as if Pharah was able to blow her entire load and shoot a nuke off instead of a barrage, or if Reaper just became a death ball and killed anybody in the radius INSTANTLY.

If it was "HEROES *rez* NEVER DIE" then it'd be alright.

Just buy the sheet

lol

Roadhog is fun

76 wins desu. helix and biotic field too strong

lets put all shitters from cod, league of lesbians, csgo, weeb autists and reddit
welcome to overwatch

My mom bought me Overborn today and I've been last +15 minutes on the queue, havent played a single online match, only the tutorial

What do?

Gonna need more input on this, friends

Added. I'm s3krit#2253

>trying to hit a tracer with 76's M1
good luck

If you hit her with M2 it better be fatal otherwise say hi to Recall

You can go play a game that no one from anyone of those things plays. it's called battleborn.

so has anyone else been seeing an unusual amount of Korean names in matchmaking? Is using Korean characters in your name some hot new meme I'm unfamiliar with or are these actual Koreans switching their region?

How the fuck do you play dude?

I can play Reaper and run around the enemy team's backline all day long and be a complete asspain

When I play 76 I feel like my only purpose is just to aim at whoever I can see, 20 feet behind my own team. I could solo anyone as Reaper, but as 76 I feel like I can't even engage enemies unless I have two fat attention getting meatshields infront of me

Once I realized his M1 doesn't work if the enemy is more than literally 1 cm away, he was

You are just shit.

Everytime I get killed by her I can't help but jack off in frustration, like I was so close but for some reason I didn't notice her blue and purple colors in the background and I die right after I activated my ult

I keep getting this too, actually. I've no idea how to fix it despite my googlefu skills, when does it happen to you? Seems to happen really randomly to me, I also get the error message "Display driver has stopped working but is now working again" or something

That moment where you feel bad for the ennemy, but you still think about your incoming victory...

>get gold in kills and silver in damage
>lose at last 10 seconds
>lose a rank

What is this shit based on, I thought I did pretty well

Press E

>Pharah/Mercy and token Hanzo

Nah fuck those retards.

I feel worse for myself than the enemy when that happens. 1/15 of a bar is a fucking joke

>literally anything wrong with pharah and mercy

76's gun requires more tracking that any other weapon in the game since it doesn't have a projectile enlarged hitbox

Even McCree fucks her up with one good shot, 76 needs 5-6 vs a character with the hitbox the size of a paintbrush

>play ranked
>first round goes great, we win it hard
>second round starts
>immediate connection issues out of fucking nowhere
>everything else on my connection is working fine
>game gives me the option to rejoin, do so
>works for a minute then it acts up and kicks me again
>repeat until end of match
>team wins despite being a man down (which I apologise for in chat)
>game doesn't remember any of the shit I did with each rejoin or before the issues
>last rejoin was like as the timer was at 5 seconds
>game thinks I did nothing the entire match and knocks me down an entire rank

Dunno but he looks retarded. This is what he should have looked like.

>Torbjörn skins

Should I get
Red pirate
Black pirate
Black biker
American biker?

>assume a secret identity which involves being very close to people who know about your real identity (in lore, not just in game)
>dress exactly the same as before
what could go wrong?

>has to reload pulsefire munition that only holds 25 rounds
>doesnt reload helix rockets
you tell me why the things are how they are

red pirate, barbarossa

oVOREwatch

Blackbeard

Barbarossa has nothing to do with pirates, literally unplayable

New skins when

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MORE

one of torb's epic skins
one of symmetra's epic skins
one of lucio's frog skins
one of mercy's valk skins
one of widowmaker's non skirt legendary skins
winston's "how embarrassing" voice line

Better be soon. I just bought the last skin I wanted and now my shekels are pretty much useless until they add new shit

I assumed S76's rockets needed to cool down rather than reload

Tips for McCree?

Can we get translations of the ult screams?

I just saw a guy in QP who had only barely above 1 KDR

How can anyone be that bad? His rating was 41

lost 1 round
>we lose lol xDD
>they are better than us
>yea we gonna lose
these are the people playing at rank 55 aka AVERAGE PLAYER
how's rank 30-40?

They're what they say in english

>one of torb's epic skins
got blackbeard
>one of symmetra's epic skins