>needs more cowbell

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dy4HA3vUv2c
trello.com/c/VGGb7PyK
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>The reaper has literally no brain
>Devs don't understand how biology works

dolphin rape caves confirmed yet?

Oh god, I just got the Seamoth and I'm getting massive motion sickness when piloting it.

I don't think I can play this game

It could just be your Scanner being snarky.

Are you playing with VR or something?

are you implying it's possible to dissect it to actually confirm how it functions

it already has a more or less pointless roar for gameplay purposes of not being raped

That would require many little needles poking from the Stilsuit into your body, can you imagine swimming and moving around like that?

Do you know what IV is?

IIRC Dune had it to where the stillsuit had a little tube at your mouth you just drank out of

I assume that's how a stillsuit would work in a futuristic setting, just grip n sip

Friendly reminder youtube.com/watch?v=Dy4HA3vUv2c

Yeah, a BIG needle in your arm. How is that any better?

That works fine when you're not underwater most of the time and also need a regulator in your mouth.

No, just regular 60hz monitor. I get bad motion sickness from games with headbob, but so far Subnautica was fine. I really like this game, but I can't play it if I feel like throwing up after 5 minutes in the seamoth

How accurate are the reaper spawnpoints on the map of the last thread?

That's a shame, user. I hope you can find some way to tolerate it

They're saying "no brain" the same way a person would mean "lmao that nerd has no muscle"

they don't mean he doesn't have a fucking brain you big dummy

OK so apparently the stillsuit is just a Dune thing and probably heavily if not entirely "inspired by" dune
description of a stillsuit via Dune
>It's basically a micro-sandwich—a high-efficiency filter and heat-exchange system. The skin-contact layer's porous. Perspiration passes through it, having cooled the body…near-normal evaporation process. The next two layers…include heat exchange filaments and salt precipitators. Salt's reclaimed. Motions of the body, especially breathing and some osmotic action provide the pumping force. Reclaimed water circulates to catchpockets from which you draw it through this tube in the clip at your neck…Urine and feces are processed in the thigh pads. In the open desert, you wear this filter across your face, this tube in the nostrils with these plugs to ensure a tight fit. Breathe in through the mouth filter, out through the nose tube. With a Fremen suit in good working order, you won't lose more than a thimbleful of moisture a day...
So I think the stillsuit in subnautica given a helmet would basically make H20 a non-factor while eliminating the piss bags; such a helmet would definitely be lategame equipment though.

I will never know what's in the fucking box because it's floating upside down

ahhh

They move around a bit, so its hard to tell EXACTLY where they spawn.

Oh, and the spawn points sometimes move between updates.

always bring a grav/repulsion cannon to seabase expeditions to unfuck stuck PDAs/physics objects

I don't have a cannon yet.

>leave to explore
>come back
>see a fuckton of fish in my tank

neat

>mfw scouting for seamoth fragments

I can't find jack shit. I've been going through kelp forrests, wreckages and grassy plateaus for a solid hour and haven't found a single one.

Do I need to put other fish in my stalker tank to feed them?

nah

Should be finding them in the Grassy Plateau. Try saving and closing then retarting, may be a glitch.

Need to go around 100m deep to find them to be honest.

They don't look like the little safes, they're actual pieces of wreckage.

I haven't found any seamoth fragments in the kelp forest. The red grass area is where they are, also they aren't little boxes anymore they're actualy scrap parts

So they're spawning in the tank now?

Not spawning, breeding.

I just left a pair of airniggers and the other ones and it's a pretty good food/water source early on

I've been waiting so long, I'm getting on right now.

It's even better because you can also grow some shit in that tank too, and stack it in a vertical way. Fun stuff

People keep saying that terraforming is being removed soon but it looks like that shit's been getting pushed back since december. Is there any actual confirmation that it's finally happening and I should wait for an update this week to play?

I think December was when they added it

This game has linux support? Steam mentions 'Steamplay' at least?

trello.com/c/VGGb7PyK

Harpoon gun when?

All reapers must fucking hang.

>can't get a solid 60fps, even on minimum settings
>regularly drops to 20-30fps when speeding along in a vehicle

fuckin toaster ruining muh immersion

the biome loading is the only thing fucking me up as well. sometimes I'm well into the biome before anything spawns. Next thing I know, there is a boneshark in my face. the removal of terraforming better fix it

I have a pretty good PC and I still get massive framedrops and pop in when moving biomes.

>leaving the Aurora
>coast seems clear
>Environment pops in and fps drops to 15 fps
>now faced with a reaper 10 feet in front of me
This game is trying to kill me irl

found a neat poster in a wreck

why would a sea creature have arms?

Because aliens

>base is in kelp forest not very far from pod
>want to find fragments for seamoth
>user tells me they're in the red forest
>go there
>100m depth
>all fishies aggressive as fuck
>even the tiny ones
>go back to base with 20 health and tear-filled eyes

Guess I'm not building submarines, then.

Try the aurora maybe

You need to go around where the sand sharks like to hang out in the big open seabeds. The pieces of the Seamoth are different from regular metal salvage pieces, they tend to look like rounded quarter-circle sections (the ship's stubby wings). Be patient; when you come back with the Seamoth you can pulverize every last one of them to death with your titanium bubbleboat.

Just consider everywhere in a 1 kilometer radius to be a dangerzone.

Not that it mattered much for me. When I finally got to the Aurora I didn't see a single one. Went in through the scenic route, tossed a few crabs into the sky, fixed the ship, harvested several lithium nodes off the cliffsides, nearly got all of the Cyclops parts in one go, then suddenly two Reapers almost right next to each other. This was the first time I've ever seen them but thankfully my time spent smacking sand sharks around was good piloting practice.

The couple now visibly patrol the seas leading to the now-inert Aurora. Too fucking late, niggas.

Imagine if they added a creature that can camoflauge/cloak itself.

>make mini base under pod near shallows
>pod fucking floats away

I dunno, ask saltwater crocodiles and sea otters.

I honestly though you can only start building your base starting from the pod, since there's an entrance on the bottom of it. You know, it would be attached and shit.

I wish you could attach it to a base. The pod is pretty useless after the early game and you build your first base.

It is. It should have more of a purpose in my opinion. I don't know, make it possible to either salvage it for materials or actually sail in it.

This game is in desperate need of a Megalodon. Nothing is scarier than that.

because shitty design

Yeah, being able to add an engine to the pod would be nice

It's your indestructible respawn point so it must always exist. The only thing I will ask of the devs is for the cave reel to modified so that it can be used to tether the pod to a nearby base. Now that's a genuinely useless item I won't spend the effort making after the next update hits.

make a sea glide and take a couple of batteries to nyoom past them and scan

Except a Gigalodon.

>Terraforming dropped
>Multiplayer dropped
>No really scary creatures or deep sea shit

Game is shit senpai

Rate biomes you've visited
Great Reef>Koosh Zone>Grassy platueu>Floating Islands>Shallows>Crash Zone>Sand Dunes

Yeah I mean what do people even do after they craft the base and ships? Just stroll through the shirt graphic theme park? There's no goals

Forgot Mushroom forest and kelp forest before shallows

Kush>Kelp>Mushroom Forest>Reef>Tropical Island>Shallows>Mushroom Cave>Crash Zone>Floating Islands>Red Grass Land>Mountain Island>Mountains>Dunes

So when was the last major update? Just trying to figure out when we should expect the next one.

Discover more biomes, get more blueprints, build more shit.

I currently only have a seamoth and like 5 rooms in my base, shit's comfy.

It's monthly but the June one's late, it's probably going to be sometime next week

Help
How do I make vertical buildings?
Like what happens if I connect 2 multipurpose rooms together? Last time I did that and added a ladder my game got bugged and couldn't fix it

Stack buildings then add ladders

you mean July? I'm playing the June one now m8...

but pic related happened when I tried to do that
got knocked out of my base and didn't even die, couldn't swim either so I had to load last save

That's exactly how you do it. That or vertical connectors if you want a long ladder tube connecting two rooms that aren't stacked on one another.

the non-experimental version of the game has not been updated since the power nap update

Two hours in. Just got the Still Suit and the Seaglide.

When can I start really exploring and building bases? It feels like I'm moving at a snail's pace right now.

1. Get an additional oxygen bottle in your backpag
2. Start going down around 100m and try to find ruins/seamoth pieces
3. Start building more shit and getting more materials
4. Once you get the seamoth shit will become easier

I've got two tanks but it still doesn't feel like I can go very far.

I felt the same for quite some time but then I just figured out I can get some stuff in just more than 1 dives and it usually helps me get the shit I want.

Try to visit the floater island when you can for good blueprints that will make it easier in some parts too.

Went into the Aurora but only found a healthpack, a pressure compensator, a cyclops power component and a bunch of signals.
Anything else in here?

Where's the Floater Island?

?

Looks like a pig with a bad rash.

Basically go the opposite direction when you're at the back of Aurora, you'll find it eventually.

If not, enjoy getting eaten by Reapers

But still I would recommend trying to find Seamoth schematics as soon as possible.

?

Just found the first of five pieces, got it in a field of red grass whilst being chased by some shark things. There's a massive chunk of the Aurora near to it but I can't find any other Seamoth schematics.

No one?

>When can I start really exploring and building bases?
you can start that faster than you think, the first playthrough is always slow. get at least two oxygen tanks and use the seaglide to find the seamoth parts in grassy plateus (sandy area with red grass). after that air isn't really a problem since the seamoth will replenish your air wherever you take it. if you have the upgrade station you can make your tanks hold even more. two high cap tanks give you about 165

There's some radiation leaks to weld and some more loot boxes outside but that's it, it's pretty empty

They're all in that red grass area, keep searching.

From what I saw they start appearing at around 100m down, depends. I know there are some schematics near the Aurora, to the left of it. If you find a forest of weird mushroom looking things, that's it.

search the whole area, most of the parts probably won't be near the wrecks at all

Alright, thanks. Just getting some more batteries for the Seaglide so I can go back there and properly explore.

Any way to better escape those shark things or is it just a matter of swimming away?

Early on, swimming away. And hope that one day we'll get spears in the game so it will be easier to defend.

Try getting a radsuit and fixing Aurora if you haven't already. Lots of crates there, some with batteries.

I got got the bone shark and sand shark eggs to hatch in my aquarium, makes scanning them easier when they're tiny non hostile babies.
I wonder if I should put them outside my base too, I'm worried they'll turn hostile.
The worst the Stalker does is pick up my little robot camera buddies. They'll chase them to hell and back too.

Think I'll make that my goal for the time being then. Then I'll stock up on food, water and start exploring that biome for the pieces.

Really liking the game so far but it was dragging quite a bit.

Anyone? Is there any confirmation on terraforming going out or is everyone speculating?

Yeah I felt quite the same and was progressing really slowly for a long while but now that i have the seamoth shit is a lot easier.

This game has way more content than I thought it would have.

Please tell me the Seamoth fragments aren't close to the Aurora.
I went there and it's over 100m deep and pitch black in all directions.
I saw shadows of the Reaper twice and there's no way in hell I'm ever going back there.

You can just not use the seamoth.