/domg/ - Dominions General

Fox Girls Edition

Previous Pantokrator Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/dHdZ1cch (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam (currently -50%). Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!tQ4y1TTb!A6xEjz4A4_Alwly0LKIyPkvYnllRVBD9q9sWfEq3Iog
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=PersianDream
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/358416640392212422/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CastleDoctrine
riapei.at/vg/thread/120458812/#q120514207
archived.moe/vg/thread/126506085/#q126812459
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=RustyKnifeShanktown
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/358416640394954429/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Mother Hydra.

second for DO YOUR TURNS.

New EA game on Shahrivar map. Worthy Heroes 1.23 mod.

12 slots total, all welcome. Map here:
mega.nz/#!tQ4y1TTb!A6xEjz4A4_Alwly0LKIyPkvYnllRVBD9q9sWfEq3Iog

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=PersianDream

Nth for memes

Fifth for newbie game
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/358416640392212422/

I would join, but I am unable to pick a nation.

Pick EA Ry'leh

I would, but I already signed up to play as them in the Blitzserver PBEM.

Machaka then

Actually not a half-bad idea. Provided nobody steals them before I get back from work, I'll send in a pretender.

I thought dominions was autismal but then I heard about Wizardry IV
>mfw

ded

ded ded

ded ded ded

Threadly reminder for the admin to set Lanka AI.

When I make some minor changes to the Communicant it's showing up as a commander to be recruited instead of a unit. How do I fix this?

#selectmonster 538
#descr (words)
#name "Theurg Novice"
#gcost 10
#reclimit 10
#maxage 70
#end

You need to use #selectnation, then use #addrecunit to add it to the unit roster, I think.

It's being modded for Pythium, though, and shows up in it's commander list. I'll try adding those in though, gimme a sec.

Everything is a commander by default. Units are just dumbed down commanders.

>Giving Communicants reclimit 10 and gcost 10

The absolute madman

le french man has arrived

>yfw each theurg waltzes onto the battlefield with a fucking harem of 10 communicants
>yfw there's twenty theurgs

>ermor's face when

I feel like that would make 256 man communions viable, at which point you'd have like 30 theurgs all casting Master Enslave.

renownedsmithandharvardmage.jpg

You've discovered my master plan.

You've rain-of-stoned one too many times, Ulm

What could possibly go wrong?

As Pythium you can get from S2 to S4 with a skullcap and coin fairly easily, at which point you only need a measly 32 communicants to master enslave. I mean, they'd all die after like, one round of casting, but you could still do it. With 64 you'd half the fatigue cost to 50 and ensure your communicants survive.

>Not getting N9Ex on Pythium
Now your communicants only go squish after two turns!

But the penetration boost!

Using Arch Theurgs and boosters you only need sixteen communicants.

But 256 gives an additional +2 penetration.

Every saturday, the thread is ded and I have no turns.

I should make a game with week long deadlines so that turns only progress on weekends just to have more turns to do.

Do it.

lel down to 4 players now, the game ends when its down to zero, I won't end the game prematurely.

Soon.

Tell me your Steam name so I would never ever join your shit games.

I'm not sure who is worse - this admin, or the guy who hosted BigGayCity

I have admined a shitton of games here, odds are you've played in a few of mine already if you've been playing dom4 through here for the past year and a half.

I vote for the NoMemes admin.

So YOU'RE the one who keeps fucking up all those games

You're saying this like it's some kind of achievement. Again, tell me who you are, I'm never going in one of your games again.

Blame all these fucking assholes asking for extensions over the weekend, every single weekend.

I bet it's all the same guy.

Most games run pretty smoothly desu, I'm quite surprised Evropa had such issues with players not submitting the right pretender and then others backing someone fucking up. Yes I could roll back but the shit I've gotten for ever rolling back turns has been way worse. /domg/ is pretty hostile at the best of times, people here are impossible to please and are quick to shit on admins who do all the administrative work of setting up and maintaining games while trying to enjoy it themselves.

AI'ing people as an example is a pretty pain in the ass thing to do if you're playing the game. You have to get someone else to install maps/mods etc. and then set AI and send the turn off. This means you have to have good friends willing to do it and you have to be sharp about getting it done quickly to avoid stales. If you're knocked out then you've got to maintain a game you're not even playing which has happened a couple of times to me. Watching the /domg/ thread is mandatory too and I have to keep an eye on it 24/7 just to make sure I can keep the games running without issue.

At the moment I run three games here, one Evropa I've mentioned. I won't mention the others incase some aspie decides to quit out of the other 2. I wouldn't put it past some of the players here.

Here's a partial list of the games I've run here:
ScrubOff
ScrubsAnonymous
ExtremeWays
TornVale
Haerland
Persia
CastleDoctrine

There's like another 6-7 games I've run through to the end who's names escape me and probably another 3 which ended prematurely due to player fuck ups similar to Evropa. By all means hate on me but you've never actually obligated to join any game I run and ultimately if you don't like what's hosted you can always host yourself.

If you really do hate me so, avoid all games that are run on Worthy Heroes 1.23 alone as a mod. That's how I run my games mod wise and it's a good way these days to ID me as an admin.

>CastleDoc, where the admin rolled back a turn so his friend could rescript a lost battle

>/domg/ is pretty hostile at the best of times, people here are impossible to please and are quick to shit on admins who do all the administrative work of setting up and maintaining games while trying to enjoy it themselves.

I've admined games here before and never been shit on. Admining is honestly easy - the only time consuming part is setting it up, and even that is very minor. If you're being shit on, it means that you've manged to fuck up a pretty simple job. If it happens repeatedly, you're -probably- doing something fundamentally wrong. Evropa and CastleDoc are pretty good signs that this is the case with you.

>joethepro36
And we get the steam name at last.

>Atlantis and Riley share cap circle
>no restart
You deserve everything you get.

Did that really happen? Wew, that's fucking disgusting.

I was told by Pangaea that he was having issues with turn sending like Machaka did who had to quit because turns weren't sending to Llama successfully. Apologies though, I do think rolling back in general is a mistake, it causes more problems than it fixes.

A couple of admins here have shut the game down entirely when they start losing. I know of one guy in particular who when losing set the turn time to the max he could and just let the game run with impossibly long turns. Another who just force hosted over and over until he won at a certain point. There's plenty of bad admins here.

YEAP, after doing 48 hour turns pretty much immediately with extensions for his friend. Hell, he was even defeated then when someone staled twice took them over. I'm not sure what happened in the end but currently it's LITERALLY JUST PAN AND THE AI.

He didn't stale that turn, he attacked Ermor and got his ass handed to him. Rolling back when NO-ONE STALED is stupid unless something went majorly wrong with llamaserver, which it didn't. Hell, it's a dead game and you haven't removed it from llamaserver, you have one job dude ONE JOB.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CastleDoctrine

Multiple people in Evropa asked you for a restart, first on turn 1 when only 2 people sent their turns, then on turn 2 when it was discovered that two nations were 1 province from each other. You answered "haha, you just want to get a better position, so the game won't restart. you're free to make a new game and AI yourself". The most disgusting thing about you that now you're spewing "I'm the misunderstood good guy" bullshit (even using cringe-inducing Churchill's pic) while telling everyone that "/domg/ is impossible to please". The one thing that admins do is listen to players. Players asked you for a restart, and you decided to be a prick about it. You literally had one job and you fucked it up because of your ego and "lol, those players, why would I listen to them, lmao XD" attitude. Fuck off.

>Turn 175
what the shit

>Another who just force hosted over and over until he won at a certain point.
Actually, he set the turn timer to 2 hours by, did a few turns, either couldn't figure out how to roll back or didn't care to, then declared the game over. That was BigGayCity

Unless there was another game where that happened, in which case nvm

I took over T'ien Chi after he'd staled 5 turns in a row and had obviously quit. I did lose to Pangaea, he'd been able to get demon lords and such by that point and I couldn't turn the tide.

Again I'm sorry for rolling back, I learnt my lesson to never roll back and also to not trust players who tell me to do so.

Well it is tough shit if you have poor starts and/or submit pretenders wrongly. Fucking deal with it. I've restarted games up to 3 times to deal with shitty players complaining about starts or fucking up pretenders and all it does is cause even more rage when people lose good starting positions for shit ones because players fuck up. Hence why I'm saying you can't win with the complainers here.

>I listen to players and restart, people bitch like fuck at me.
>I don't restart, players bitch like fuck at me
>People have issues with starting position, bitching ensues
>I restart, bitching ensues

>I learnt my lesson to never roll back and also to not trust players who tell me to do so.
There exist times when rollbacks are okay. They are pretty much always obvious to everyone.

riapei.at/vg/thread/120458812/#q120514207
archived.moe/vg/thread/126506085/#q126812459
Hell, just google for "castledoc" with some rakted dom4bullshit to find vg threads.

Also, this bullshit:
"The admin for the game FirstBreath has sent you a message:

__General Reminder__

To all players, if you are last to submit a turn please submit a double. This has been an issue for most players in the game and is not directed at one or two.

Hope the game's going well for you.

Peace.

(End of message)"

If it was earlygame, I'd understand, midgame, maybe, but fucking turn 71?

Yeah Shiny in that game I think was leaving turns to the last minute on a 48 turn timer. Literally last hour before host. Did it something like 12 times in a row. Never ever did a double turn. I asked nicely, eh what can you do?

>Fucking deal with it.
I did. I AI'ed immediately.

"Bad start" is one thing, starting in each other's cap circle is entirely different. If you can't uderstand that simple fact, just don't admin games.

Man, the only time I ever failed to start a game was All Tomorrows, but trying to start that while Memegeddon just started, and while Flatus was still running, and another biggish disciple game started, was a tad ambitious.

Honestly, the whole game concept was super ambitious. Trying to find 30 players that won't stale/ai/quit . . . good luck (I could maybe muster 20 in all, which given 6 teams that have/did sign up is about accurate).

Firstbreath, the EA game in which unless my scouts missed a battle you got BTFO twice by 5 province Therodos. So nah, shinny wasn't in that game.

Big games are by design memegames

My mistake, I did send a similar message to a guy playing shiny in one game though. Is there really much wrong with asking though?

All Tomorrows was only going to have 10 teams though, and in disciples # of teams is more important for determining game length than # of players.

As I learned the hard way in DwD.

Never played a disciples game, whats it like?

It shows a lack of understanding of how long turns can take at different stages of the game, which is not too bad if you listened to players, but as you don't seem to.

Glorious.

If you have good teammates.

My teammates bully me ;_;

Should be asking the admin to extend turn timer then if that's the case really. You should never have to leave it to the last hour every turn because your turns take so long to do.

If the case is not doing doubles on turn 71? Why would that need an extension?

I mean in terms of overall turn timer length

probably cause you're a fag, nerd

Thank you Lemuria, you continue to martyr yourself so that we may live in harmony and contentment.

Now combine it with foul air.

Those are his spooks biting the gas line

Well, his spooks are immune to disease, so when the lightnings hit other players their guys will get afflictions. Win-win.

It was the second biggest single loss of ghosts I've had this game (my first Genocide wiped 8k+)

That's not lightning.

Oh, it's that enchantment. RIP.

That's Purgatory. Literally the 'Fuck Ermor/Lemuria' global that kills undead at a ridiculous rate.

Flatus Lemuria has hundreds of thousands of ghosts.

It's technically only friendly dominion, so unless you're a blood sac nation, you're unfortunately not going to be able to rely on it to clear forted thrones.

Or, to put it another way,
I T S A L R E A D Y T O O L A T E

You can outpreach Lemuria pretty easily with most nations.

Ayup. C'tis dom kills my spooks, Xibalba's would kill my commanders if I ever get there.

Thankfully at 90+ death gems per turn, I guess I can BoT to clear at least one of them.

In some RPGs, there's the concept called "Rusty knife shanktown", due to at early levels both players and enemies being crap and yet able to die to each other due to one fluke of luck.

With that in mind, I present to you a 10 man disciple game, two sides of 5 players. Set in EA, as UW in MA is PELAGIAVILLE and LA is non-existent, gold and rescources are on 50% to make scales matter slightly, research needs to be discussed.
The map it will be on is a modified version of Talis, which shall be uploaded once the nations are chosen, so one team starts against the right side, the other the left.

Three level three thrones will be placed, in 6, 13 and 14.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=RustyKnifeShanktown

Interesting concept mate

>Talis (33 prov, 2 - 3 players)

I see.

Fuck it, sounds interesting. I'll be in the steam chat for a bit if anyone wants to discuss teams.

Are you using summod for this mad venture?

NO SUMMOD

Devourer of souls suffered enough.

Teams will choose on that and worthy heros before starting. As well as choosing how to distribute nations, whether by draft or gentlemen's agreement.

You'll be pleased to hear that the newest version, which is out once I finish writing up the changelog and big testing, makes luck amulets a little less good.

>that picture
>kek

>10 players
>UW

whad

I tell it to myself every time I attack someone aggressively without warning.

Between 0 and 2 members of each team can be UW, and one throne will be.

ALso, I made a steamthread steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/358416640394954429/

Have you tried not playing DnD?

Some editions of Dnd have that, others don't, and other rpgs also have it.

ultra ded