/xsfg/ - XSEED and Friends General, formerly /rfhmg/

No thread for the last 2 days Edition

A general for discussions about games published and developed by XSEED Games/Marvelous USA and their partners, including Rune Factory, Story of Seasons & pre-SOS Harvest Moon, PoPoLoCrois, Ys, The Legend of Heroes and Earth Defense Force 2017/2/4.1

XSeed have announced their E3 2016 lineup and it includes new titles to be localized in the west:
Corpse Party (3DS | Summer 2016)
Exile’s End (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Summer 2016)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (PS4, PS Vita | Winter)
Akiba’s Beat (PS4, PS Vita | Winter 2016)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Fall 2016)
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (Cherished Friends of Three Villages) (3DS | 2017)
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4 | Summer 2016)

XSEED E3 demo: gematsu.com/2016/07/xseed-showcases-e3-2016-demos-story-seasons-trio-towns-trails-cold-steel-ii

Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Villages, currently out in Japan as of June 23 for 3DS systems.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is being localized for PC in 2017, while Trails of Cold Steel II NA releases for Vita and PS3 are due this fall. Steam and the PS Store currently have sales for TitS and SC.

Ys VIII Vita is set for a June 21 release in Japan, PS4 version in 2017.

Someone ported XSEED's translation of Ys: Memories of Celceta to the Chinese PC version:
mega.nz/#F!HssCDDYZ!QLkmrL0kMhndI3i7fYzIQA

RF/Story of Seasons Stuff
fogu.com/sos1/
pastebin.com/qzgac5X7
docs.google.com/document/d/1uzfx84FBSY50B_mLKDweztBBvbcsA8lzXXSRvOrUVlg/view
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJAHbfCCha37NPdyzgOQzNQTX-Q2OHRXPWao-gN1AG8/view
mega.nz/#F!adEBFboA!wTzdKkk5KKCppb1N2b_qRw

Falcom music archive:
pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Previous Thread:

Comfy general so comfy it kills the thread

My basic moon runes let me know that this is Kami-chama but why do they show up on both the Bachelor and Bachelorette page?

Shit Inari-chama sorry

Because Inari's gender is dependent on your gender. She/He will always be a marriageable candidate.

We're alive again.

That's your house? How far along are you in the game?

Nah it ain't mine. Pulled them from some shots my friend made with his cia game. Waiting warmly for the translated edition myself.

Does anyone have good build setup for Aliburn Long Sword Rune Factory 4.

Equipment to equip and stuff etc

Ah, I got it.

Still making slow progress on my end in the game. Still having fun, but all these things starting to open up in the game leave me really nervous. Soon I'll have too much to do for a day.

>13 months 'til eng ver.
>22 months for yuro

Disable me fampai.

M-maybe it'll deliver sooner if we replay SoS and rf4

SoS is in my 2DS at the moment. Trying to break up with my girlfriend just because.

Just 5 more in-game days.

Apparently Inari will be renamed to Vixie in the English release. Can't say I'm too happy about that, but since they are open to suggestions for Lisette's name, then maybe they'll keep it as Inari if enough people ask.

I was worried the thread was permadead.

I guess they thought Inari sounded too Japanese and wouldn't appeal to westerners? Don't they know weeaboos are their audience?
Who and why?

Oops question meant for

Yeah, but Inari lives in the Japanese village. If you change it then she'll be the only one with a western name in a village full of japanese people.

I've seen people speculate that it's because of Witchie and Dessie. Renaming her Vixie keeps her name in line with both of theirs and she's also a guardian like they are. They become the ie suffix trio that way.

Another problem is that Vixie also doesn't sound like a neutral name. It's too feminine for the male Inari.

That's a valid point. Do you think they'll actually remove male Inari come release or just keep Vixie for him? Where's the source for Vixie debate anyway?

There's no way they'll remove the male Inari.

>Where's the source for Vixie debate anyway
The people in charge of the project mentioned the name on the livestream yesterday. They didn't go into specifics, they just called Inari Vixie is all.
They only mentioned taking suggestions for Lissete, but I'm sure if enough people complain they'll change it or keep it the same.

A japanese player married Inari, she doesn't even live with you after marriage. Supposedly there are aslo extra equirments to marry Inari, although I don't know what they are.

Since Inari is a special/secret bachelor/ette, I think they should've also added one more bachelor and bachelorette, 1 more guy for Lulucoco and 1 more girl for Westown.

>she doesn't even live with you after marriage.

First no kids and now my house also will be empty. They really dropped the ball with Inari.

>Guests are literally animals
My fucking sides.
But yeah what's the point of marrying Inari if they can't live or have children with you?
Some sort of achievement or bait for loli/shotacons?

Even non-weebs* are somewhat familiar with Japanese culture nowadays. It's not like it's the 90s anymore.

*("weeaboo" being the strict definition here; one who delusionally acts like they're Japanese and thinks anything Japanese is automatically superior)

Some people just love the fluffy tails. The rest is a dealbreaker though.

I wasn't really interested in going after Inari anyway.

The twin brown waifus on the other hand...

Pretty sure the twins and most of Lulucoco speak with an accent. I wonder if they'll translate it to the english release?

What's it like? Kansai or something?

I'm pretty sure it is, but I'm no expert here. I only noticed because instead of your standard "arigato" you'll get an "ariga" from them instead.

Did they finally incorporate spoken dialog in an SoS game?

Hopefully they don't make it some stereotypical ethnic dialect like they did with Dragon Quest IV on DS.

No voices, just text.

>Hopefully they don't make it some stereotypical ethnic dialect like they did with Dragon Quest IV on DS.
It'll never be that bad. Xseed isn't Squeenix.

B-b-but nekomimi children

Nekomimi is cat ears. Inari is fox.

Why isn't there catgirls?

>No voices, just text.
so is the text still typical of harvest moon or have they finally stepped up their game and have it as varied as Rune Factory?

every game I am disappointed and it feels too lonely

Are there cards like that for the twin waifus?

(I wish I knew what their names were)

Can anyone confirm if you can change hair styles in trio of towns? The male hair style looks like ass without the cap.

I've been told that there's plenty of dialogue in the game compared to others. After seeing some events I'll have to agree with them. Don't talk to many people, so I don't know much about the daily lines that people give you.

You can. There should be a shop in Tsukuyasathat does it.

That's the Asian town? How long would it take before that unlocks?
Also like the game preceding SoS, I have to take my clothing mats to the carpenter and have him make them?

>That's the Asian town? How long would it take before that unlocks?
Many have said it unlocks on summer 5. I'm on summer 2 right now, so I'll be finding out soon.

>I have to take my clothing mats to the carpenter and have him make them?
Yep. That's how I've been doing it.
The general store works the same way too. You get it the next day when you talk to them.

Is there bed invasion dialog?

Don't think so.

Wow man I expected it to take longer than 2 years.
I understand it was bs that it took 3-4 years to unlock tropical/winter seller on SoS but where does that leave the rest of the game content?

>RF4, playing as a grill
>been dating my boyfriendfu for half a year
>love level at like 14
>gone on a dozen dates
>stupid bastard won't propose to me

AM I NOT PRETTY ENOUGH ;_;

Some people have reached the end credits by the end of the second year. I'm not sure if people are speeding through it or that's just when most people finish the main story/request.
I'm sure that if you wanted to unlock everything and fully expand all your stuff it'll take longer.

No marriage until you see the random events.

>2 years to beat the game
I-itll be worth the wait right guys?

Game is good. Feels better than SoS for sure.

>No marriage until you see the random events.
Yeah those haven't popped up yet.

I'm only on year 3 though so maybe it's too early... though I alreadly killed Engleberg or whatever his name is so I don't know why it's taking so long.

Also: why does the calendar skip forward a year after you kill Ebenezer? I thought that was weird.

You've never heard of the time skip trope?

I've heard of it, I've seen it in other games before. I just thought it wasn't really necessary/sensical for it to happen in RF4.

I've never heard of it before. I thought it was unique to RF4.

>Go outside to do real farm work (pulling up tree roots)
>Thread about fake farm work up and dies

Please be rusin' please be rusin', there's no way Marvelous could seriously fuck his up with the literal decades worth of clean and lewd work on fluffy-tail relations out there.

Wasn't marrying the Harvest Goddess similar to Inari in one of the old HM games? She didn't live at home and no kids with her?

I thought you did get a kid with her?

She didn't live at home, but you could still have a kid with her.

>you will never come home after a long day at work and be greeted by your pregnant fluffy tailed wife.

Damn, Marvelous really dropped the ball here. And yes. I'm aware Holo is a wolf.

>you will never touch the fluffy tail in the comfort of your own home
Why would they do this?

>no monsterwaifu factory game
I mean it's such a great idea. Maybe someone with the means could make it a reality like how stardew valley developed in these threads.

Oh. So they made a waifu even less involved then the Harvest goddess in that one HM (which one was that? DS?).

Stardew Valley started with a /rfhmg/ user?

No. I don't know what he's talking about.

No it didn't start in /rfhmg/ but the developer or someone on the team did drop by with some info and screenshots while it was still in development.

When was this? I vaguely remember something like that. Inbetween pictures of Clorica and lewdposting about handholding.

Beats me. It didn't receive a whole lot of replies because the thread was too busy waifuposting.
It didn't have milfs either so I guess no one cared.

I wonder what a HM/SoS animu would be like.

probably slice of life and boring high school-like romances with a side of drama
I'd rather see some GAR shit with MC fighting mechas in hero of leaf valley.

>shows up at your house
>drops the tyke off
>goes back to her magical spring for the rest of the year

>monster girls and rune factory-esque gameplay are literally the perfect match

But alas, it's easier to make a VN or gatcha than a real game. Just look at boat girls. The people behind it even police doujin circles to ensure nobody makes a real game out of their IP.

I think I'd still like something like that. Then again, I don't watch much anime, so that genre is still relatively fresh to me.

Monstergirl Factory when?

Where's the goddamn fridge in trio of town. My vegetables are lowering in quality already.

Haven't seen it so far either.

There's no preservation and food rots?

Doesn't rot. It just isn't worth as much if you want to ship it. Previous game and most games have a fridge, so it should be in there somewhere.

Some quick questions about RF4 while I wait for the third arc. No spoilers in this post.

- is there any combination of items that will actually provide more stats than at least one tenfold ? I have a friend that said this is true and to not bother with tenfold but he's also a retard

- is it worthwhile leveling up shit like sword and dungeon seeds if I'm not a diehard completionist that has to get everything to level 10?

- is it possible to start doing Sharance at level 145 with a +2203 attack sword or must I wait for 3rd arc

Tenfold is pretty useful. Most of the high level recipes use it.

No.

Sharance can be done early on if you've got the skill for it. Early mazes aren't anything difficult and wearing a Rosary makes getting through it a piece of cake.

Best gear is in the third arc though. The materials to make the best gear are only found there.

Right after Fluffy-Tailed Baby Factory and MILF Netori Factory.

In terms of pure stats, no, but to be honest Tenfold isn't really that essential unless you're one of those OCD minmaxing types. Between the base stat boosts from upgrading gear from tier to tier and by using level 10 materials and particularly things like giant golden crops and giant crystal flowers you can get some really nifty QL and RL bonuses going, and giant crystal flowers in particular are nice in that at level 10 they're 20% immunity to earth/fire/wind/water, so you can get yourself up to near/full immunity to those by working it into your armor and accessories.

I only messed with them late-game where they don't seem to scale very well, but even at level 10 seed gear seemed pretty pathetic so don't bother.

It's hard as balls, but possible and especially if you cheese it with the OP Wand (7 filler/+ MA items, Dragon Bones, Rainbow Waterpot used to enhance a staff). It's even worth going in for suicidal chest runs since top-tier gear can spawn there even in the lowest areas, I managed to get my 4 Dragons Vest from a sharance chest 1 screen in and it was a massive defense boost at the time, so who knows what you'll find.

Is that the same as ToTT? No rotting, just decreased value?

That's how it was in SoS too.

Iris

Gonna explore other options (read:see other bachelorette's flower events]

What's the lowest value something can "rot" to? 0 value?

In SoS it just lowered to a set value depending on the crop level and could go any lower. Don't know about 3v/ToT

>could go any lower

Did you mean "couldn't go any lower" there?

Yep. The sleep is getting to me.

[insert that one pic of Clorica sitting up asleep on her bed]

wakey wakey

How the fuck do i get Egg(L) or Milk(L)? still stuck on the S variants but they are item level 10. and yes i do brush the animals every dy and give them tasks on the field/take them to dungeons

Size is determined by monster level. Quality is determined by affection level.

what level does the size change then?

>Captcha: 420
heh

I think it's around 50 for the L. Not completely sure.

It's not very had t get the L anyways. Your monsters will auto level just by staying in your barns.

my monsters are approaching level 30 rn, still only the S stuff drops

I just brush the monsters every day and keep the thing full of enough food and the size increases on its' own over time.

done all that
might be that im still on the first spring ongame...

Yeah, it does take awhile. A few ingame weeks or so.

The town in FoMT is too big and confusing for a beginner.

>Those jealousy scenes in RF4

What's Dolce's like?

That's normal for beginners.

It seems that most of the time I'm just running around looking for where I need to go.

SoS too.

There's a map for the town for that.