/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Fuck everyone's opinion edition.

>What is Attorney Online?
It's an virtual chatroom/courtroom mix we use to perform improv AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Logic Battles and more!
Come join us on our server, Attorney Online Vidya!

>The Main Reference Doc (contains downloads, rules, faqs and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

>Role Guides
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Previous case:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/thYfVGje
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first post for still the best

Post Ema.

Okay.

OP thank you for waiting this time

Reminder for our friendly potential DD rippers, if you don't have an iPad and need footage, check this pastebin for every case in full.
pastebin.com/thYfVGje

So how can we sum up last thread?

Salty as always.

The same way we sum up every thread

Update when?

This.

"There is a person who wishes to be female.
"That person told a group of other people about his(her?) situation
"One of those people, or an eavesdropper, then brought it to the thread
"People in the thread started flinging shit at each other for no reason
"In the grand scheme of things, none of it matters. Nobody would have met up in real life regardless.
"The only thing that really changed is that people might start referring to that person as 'he' (because that's his sex) or as 'she' (out of respect)
"However since most people sex people based on their character's gender anyways even that is moot and none of it mattered"

RIP, moot

>When the court becomes more involved with Holmes' love life then the actual case
He'll find someone, I know he will. He deserves it

once an area finishes up casing, drop by and play mafia with us for a bit as a break.

I can tell by how you type that you're a girl

Lablanc here from area 3, I lost connection to server, brb

Butterfly Kisses Menstruation Makeup Starbucks Men Fried Green Tomatoes Yoga Pants Tampons Diet.

I'm totally a girl, You can tell by the way I type.

What if Athena was a boy?

Oy vey Goyim Money Shoah Gorillions Gold Holocaust Hitler JIDF

I'm totally a Jew, you can tell by the way I type

no

Oh no Strawpolls Lipflaps Quality Hawk DR characters Snow Fuck up

I'm totally Lupa, you can tell by the way I type

no

no

no

no

SHE IS IN AREA 4

no

Alright, you get me there. But what about these?

The only difference is the tits
No

yes

>area 3
>detective accidentaly presses enter by mistake
>gets indicted
>everyone is alien
ayy lmao

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>rec room once again proving themselves to be the worst in the server

Detective here

I have no words of what i had done.
But i still got a huge as fuck laugh.
That's why ì'll remain in this game

>rec room spams global so much the server lags

Literally shut the fuck up, Rec Room and Mafia are both circlejerks and don't need to fight.

>the Mafiajerk tries to hijack A5 for their shit
>it's rec's fault

>earlier the rec room is crying about how mafia is done in area 1 instead of rec room
>people go to rec to do it
>people cry
>back to area 1

>$GLOBAL[3][Wellington]

3 isn't rec room.

>ded hours when it's literally just two rec roomer's opinion
>those users aren't even online anymore and most of the rec roomers on right now don't even know about mafia
They think you're trying to invade them because of misinformation, just drop it.

>it's one of the two nights in a week where most of AO has the time to case
>cannibalize players for Mafiashit anyway

Still waiting on that mafia ban.

In light of recent complaints, rules have been altered to be made more clear: Games that require a lot of people and organization (such as Whose Court and Mafia) are protected by the rules in the Recreation Room just like cases

Update today, I'm working on it, it's been a long and tough day

>Mafia began as an off-hours thing to be played in short bursts during case downtime
>now being forced into weekend peak casing hours
>they don't see a possible issue from this

It was 5 rec roomers telling people that they'd be fine with Mafia
That changed when Namu and Simon came on and had bitchfits about MUH CIRCLEJERK IN COMFY AREAS.
If you did Mafia an hour ago in the rec room you wouldn't have had any complaints until the 2 of them came on and started spamming.

I said they can have recroom if they move to epicmafia, and do post game discussions there, somehow that means they can all play their game mid-discussion.
Not that Whose Court hasn't survived any worse shit.
And again they refuse to move to epicmafia or Town of Salem even though it's so much easier to set stuff up and you don't even need a gamemaster let alone a full 5 minute downtime for vanillas

The ones complaining in global were a Badd player and a falseflagging Yogi who switched to rec to make it look like shit was being started.

because people like the AO client more than the other ones?

i hate the epicmafia UI

>forced
>literally finished one of the most ebin cases lately and wanted to do mafia before going to bed
>L E F O R C E D M E M E

Also you mafia shitfucks literally just used the excuse "the cases are full" when you can literally start building a new one right now with the people you have, and probably be done by the time that enough people have arrived (seeing as you're already over 5 people)

Not talking about global, talking about the people in the rec room

Literally how is the AO client suited for the format of Mafia at all? Even IRC is more functional than that.

It's always fucking Simon

superior graphics + courtroom setting

>every single night this week during peak hours
>using /need repeatedly
>not forced

>Using need repeatedly
>the ooc chat is just a massive slingshot war of poo everything someone mentions mafia is being held in one of the rooms

coffee paynes soon

>Not that Whose Court hasn't survived any worse shit.
Underrated point honestly.

When even was the last Whose Court?

About 2½ week ago I believe. Shit dies out, just like Mafia probably will, but it was never due to interruption from people not playing.

I'd like to announce new changes

First of all, regarding the "Mafia ban", I see no reason to ban an activity from being done in the server, it just makes no sense, if people don't want to case they will certainly do something else, even if it consists of closing the game and going outside pursue their dreams, I see absolutely no reason to disallow them from relaxing and doing non-case activities in the server, so there are no plans to ban mafia, whose court or whatever other non-AA games are played yet

However, they certainly shouldn't be done in case areas, I can see how people are annoyed by that. I tried forcing them in the rec room but many people there just want to relax, not play games.

As solution, the following changes will happen:
a) The current "Recreation Room" will receive a new purpose: It is the area where non-case games (Whose Court, Mafia, Courtroom of Luck, etc) must be hosted. Games there are protected by the rules just like cases are protected in courtroom areas

b) A new area, "Lounge", will be created. Its purpose is no different from what our current "Recreation Room" is today

In other words: The current recreation room will be renamed to "Lounge". A new recreation room made for games will appear in its place.

Those changes will go live as soon as the update hits.

>Split the recroom into more rooms
>When area 0 is still not being used
LUPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh shit, based Lupa BTFO everyone.

What's wrong with Area 0 being a quiet testing area?

Area 0 is the landing pad/testing room already.

If we make area 0 do something where will we test things?

>discussion agrees that Rec should remain Rec and new area should be Arcade or something to that effect
>Lupa disregards it anyway

It's just a name, who gives a shit.
Rec roomers are loungers now, whatever.

Bless Lupa

I did a strawpoll there and the vast majority wants to change its name though?

IMO, Lounge and Arcade are good enough.

My only suggestion as a whole is to NOT name the game room the Rec Room. That might cause confusion.

Game Room works better if you ask me.

Yeah that's great and all, sure to stop the shitposting and everything, but WHERE'S THE FUCKING UPDATE YOU NIGGER

Keep up the good work

Hope it turns out well.

Recroom should be the room where people chill and do mafia. If you don't want to case, stay in the rec room.

thing is, people want to chill while other people do mafia. who do you side with as a mod? kick out the chillers, or kick out the mafiosos?

Recroom doesn't need moderation. If you want to "chill", close the client.

While I'm not against the Lounge/Recroom demarcation, I still think it's mildly retarded that the area MADE for games has been hijacked by people who want to use it as a chatroom.

then you aren't chilling with people who want to chill.

In all honestly, if the game was made for casing, why would you allow anything but? Do you go into other games and do nothing? I'm all for an area where you can chill after a case but not 24/7 "whenever you feel like hanging out" type of situation.

>He doesn't just sit in Dota 2 lobby the entire day stacking up hours played

Well i don't see an "hours played" on AO.

So Lupa add an "hours played" statistic.

I don't really see the point of that argument as even sD just sits around now, and the other servers rarely even case.

And if the other servers jumped off a bridge, would you follow?

Can you guys indict Hillary please?

Its a >i have to only case in a game about casing
People keep forgetting that this game is basically a glorified chat room with sprites and all cases are literally just us making a puzzle and then trying to solve it

I'm saying you can't really say what you should be allowed to do in here because of it. Silly hyperbole by the way.

>still no ERP area

>still no ERP area

>try to play mafia
>people are actually ERP'ing at night, with detail.

this is gay af desu

Yeah, it's annoying.

>Wicked Flight, a very energetic and climactic theme, gets put in as a questioning theme

Just fuck my shit up.

This is going to fall into the same trap (CM) Moderato fell into, where if you don't use it as ONLY a Moderato/Allegro/Presto Questioning theme, people are going to fucking sperg out and hijack the jukebox.

It happens every fucking time, and that's why people need to pay attention to whether or not the category they're putting a song into fits its content.

>The card was in the first witnesses pussy.

I liked it, hope you guys liked it too.

>judge dragging this out for no reason
JUST END IT SO WE CAN UPDATE ALREADY YOU FUCKING DICK

mad that you're not in a futanari case?

>futa case

Should've been shut down immediately, desu.