/fog/ - Fallout General

Shaun has the nerve to say there's no hope for the wasteland when the Institute has been shitting it up for over a century. Who knows what great wonders they could've accomplished if not for the constant meddling of the institute.

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/EEaEc6rW

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/feggits
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15909/?
youtube.com/watch?v=EoV1gKqRdGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pre-War Thread: because I'm a fucking idiot

first for Strong should have been another human who thought they were a super mutation.

I want to kiss Piper and have sex with her in the missionary position with eye contact the entire time.

the institute could've made anime real.

they could've made robo sex dolls real.

they chose to play god in the worst and most boring way possible.

a vote for sole survivor is a vote for an anime commonwealth

>is it getting hot in here?
walks past you

public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/feggits

COCK

Why didn't Bethesda get someone who actually knows about firearms to do the guns for fallout 4?
Seriously 90% of fallout 4s guns are horribly designed and the animations are god awful!

smelly piper farts!

reminder that it's the ads that slow down Nexus.

either
>get into adblock
or
>pay nexus a few well deserved dollars to disable ads forever

Wait for the "Create-a-synth" mod, user!

Or maybe make anime real in the upcoming Vault Tec DLC!

>all that fucking makeup
my prom date tasted like wax so I despise females who wear this much makeup.

>prom date

REMOVE NORMIE REEEE

Bros, please. Can provisioners be killed by NPCs, or just you? And, if they can die, does the supply line disappear?

Or, what's another reason for a supply line to stop sharing resources?

they can only be killed by you. unless it's survival.

just you
yes
it just works

NUKA WORLD BETTER HAVE AN ASSAULT RIFLE!

>nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15909/?
>finally gets released
>takes up more screen space than an institute rifle

That's a shame, was looking forward to using it.

Make 'em. Post 'em.

>tfw no mariner waifu

Anyone know a good alternate source for mods other than nexus and loverslab? Mainly for copyright and banned content.

First for shitty console ports taking over your favorite series.

I wonder who thought it was a good idea to make it so resolution can't be changed without editing .ini files.

>knowing what a female human tastes like
TAKE YOUR 3D PIG and GET OUT CHAD GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

Notice how other guns looks tiny and have a big ass gap between the hand and the barrel? I would rather have properly scaled weapons.

Ok thanks.

So I removed the spaghetti module from Travis, and he sounds pretty cool and smooth and more confident now.

Blame bethesda and there stupid animations
Also blame bethesda for the fact that someone had to mod in a weapon THAT WAS IN ALL THE OTHER GAMES!!!

what an ugly piece of shit
the game needs more weapons though, not just guns

why couldn't you have just done the tiny quest for that? it's a disrespect to travis touchdown.

...i like the fish gun
But regardless Fallout 4 needs more animations so that modders can make guns that ain't stupid unlike bethesda

How would you guys feel about a Quake music replacement for FO4?

>THAT WAS IN ALL THE OTHER GAMES!!!
And that was made entirely pointless with the weapon mod system that lets you make basically any weapon into a sniper rifle.

And wheen im dead and in my grave

Quake and Quake 2 would be most appropriate. Quake 3 doesn't have that many songs in it. Also, consider the expansion pack music for the former games.

...are stupid or just haven't played fallout 4?
There is no DKS in fallout 4!

Well, the fish gun's modularity does lend it well to how the mod system in 4 works.

Game starts, black screen for 2 seconds, then crashes. Any ideas?

nuka world!

assault rifles! seven different assault rifle animations, one for AK pattern rifles, one for AR platforms, 3 different bullpup ass riffle animations, and 2 et cetera animations!

animations for pump action shotguns with and without pistol grips, and semi-auto shotguns with magazine tubes, with AND without pistol grips!

more than 2 pistol animations! break-top revolver animations! machine gun animations! animations for a garand! animations for submachine guns!

nuka world will have all of that and more!

...well its irrelevant unless bethesda adds an assault rifle animation in nuka world

uninstall ALL of your mods including root mods. check each one by one.

>There is no DKS in fallout 4!
I never said there was... I said they didn't include it because it was made pointless by the weapon modding system.

Is english not your first language?

That usually means you have a mod missing a master file so the game is auto crashing

Y-yeah ...it'll ...*sob*it'll have that ...yeah

it easily could have been in the game under a diffferent modification path but instead they got lazy and merged the hunting and sniper rifles into interchangeable weapons, as they did with the double barrel and sawn off, the laser and plasma weapons and the 10mm pistol/smg.

>And that was made entirely pointless with the weapon mod system that lets you make basically any weapon into a sniper rifle.
Except you can't
Outside of like 4 weapons the mod system is horrendously limited and linear

>8 months after release
>still only a few good weapon mods

No they didn't add it because there lazy
People like gun variety dumbass
Thats why people make weapon mods
It doesn't matter if you can add a scope to every gun in the game people want specific guns!!!

>Except you can't
Except you can since most ballistic weapons can be given a long barrel, a scope, and a silencer.

>Outside of like 4 weapons the mod system is horrendously limited and linear
Not really.

>still only a few good mods

ftfy

>I said they didn't include it because it was made pointless by the weapon modding system.

There isn't really a high caliber, semi-auto weapon apart an Assault Rifle receiver.

Yeah, it was some mod. Not even gonna bother figuring it out now, i had a lot of junk installed, and getting rid of the junk got rid of the crash.

Its Bethesda's fault for not adding animations that can work with a variety of different guns
Instead they added there own retarded special snowflake animations that only fit their specific brand of stupid weapon Design!!!!

maybe give your exclamation mark key a rest, this isn't facebook

>Unarmed/Melee build in New Vegas
>Right from the start the player is a powerhouse of rape that bullets barely scratch

>Unarmed/Melee build in Fallout 4
>Yeah you need like all these perks to even stand a chance against anything but Raiders

Actually Bethesda's gun design is fairly common.

Both STALKER and CSS are known to use the left handed everything design on most of their guns.

Before the age of MUH MODERN SUPPER COOL SO REAL! FPS it was actually the norm to make everything on the left becuase it allowed players to see the reload animations easier as a visual cue.

>there's no fucking fire alarm model in the game

what is this shit?

jesus H christ

>can't do it without custom animations
>custom animations are impossible

has a fire alarm ever appeared in a Fallout game before?

also
>Implying the 50's gave a shit about things like safety

FUCK YOU!!

All the animations in Fallout 4 are fine that's one thing we really wanted to make sure we got right

They didn't fix this from skyrim?

Do the animators at bethesda suck todd's dick or something? Cause that's the only reason I could think of for them continually locking down the product with animations. The animators suck his dick, and are afraid of getting shown up.

Animations cant be added because the creation's engines animations are made with third party tools they dont have the license to distribute or add support for.

Its not a "bug, and theres nothing to "fix" its simple legality.

Putting a hi-power scope, long barrel and silencer on the Revolver doesn't make it a sniper rifle. Pretty sure you can't even put a scope on it to begin with.

Yes, really.
Outside of the Pipe gun, Laser gun, Institute Laser gun, Plasma gun the majority of weapon mods fall to barrels, larger mags and stock or grip. A few let you change scope.

You can't turn the 10mm pistol into an SMG or Rifle. And no, Auto-pistol=/=SMG

>all that makeup

If she wore a lot of makeup I doubt you'd be able to see all the pimples and shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=EoV1gKqRdGA

The only way to add animations to the game is to inject them through a third party tool. This is how FNIS operates for Skyrim.

Basically a code wizard with time, patience and actual drive to work for free has to make software that allows people to insert their own animations.

why do gunfags not make mods with all their expertise on """""actual guns""""" lmao you're as useless as whiny console leeches

That's what she's trying to cover but failing

>Pretty sure you can't even put a scope on it to begin with.
both the .44 and 10mm support the recon scope

> A few let you change scope.
The
-10mm
-Assault Rifle
-Combat Rifle
-Gauss rifle
-hunting rifle
-railway rifle
-syringer
-combat shotgun

all support scopes of some kind.

Only the submachine gun and double barrel shotgun lack a scope mod

>and they never said how

We would if bethesda would just let us make fucking animations!

>silencer

its 3dsmax, it would probably take a hundred hours to show people how to make them work for fallout

just buy havok user :^)

I realized Bethesda didn't give a shit about the franchise when I reloaded the Lever Action Rifle from Far Harbor

since when is the franchise about gun animations
go play stalker fag

>one reload animation = the entire franchise

Laziness bleeds through their work.
It's at the core of their creatively stagnant game design.

why do you think there's no 10mm smg?

because the auto 10mm is the "smg"

just like the machine gun is the "assault rifle", laser/plasma pistols are turned into rifles with long barrels(?) and stocks, and the combat rifle considers itself as a sniper rifle with the scope

the game treats guns as ATF classifications, all that's missing is a shoe string mod to turn the combat rifle into the machine gun

or the """assault rifle""" into a machine gun

also you can put a scope on just about everything

>just one
Have you even played fallout 4?!

Can't put a scope on deez nuts

>It's at the core of their creatively stagnant game design.
I find it funny you can say this when Bethesda is infamous for tossing out near everything mechanically from game to game.

Yes, and?

>"assault rifle

dont use a world if you don't know what it means

Fallout 4 has no assault rifle

and exactly what is creative about making guns that have existed for 100 years and act the same in every game they've been in?

what

what are you trying to say

>what is the combat rifle with automatic

So if the modder has the license for the animation software, they could patch it into the game?

>combat shotgun that shoots 45 rounds

ask Bethesda. They're the ones using WW1 weapons.

Because people fucking want it!!!

>.45
Not an assault rifle.

Does anyone know why Bethesda seems so opposed to doing this? Why are they so opposed to giving people a complete set of tools?

>.45

>intermediate cartridge

>.308
>intermediate cartridge

do you know what assault rifle means user

A carbine

Not him, but the only groups i've seen complain about the supposed "lack of guns" in Fallout 4 are NMA and Veeky Forums.

Near all other websites I have seen have praised the weapon modding system for allowing gun customization and gun possiblites far beyond what the older games offered.

People may want it, but those people are the extreme minority.

see
Its nothing Bethesda is "opposed" to doing, its something they legally can't do.

Who'd have known, only the 2 resident boogiemen are the ones who don't agree with you

what a shock

Its baca use they dont realize that people cant add new animations and thus 90% of guns wont work in fallout 4
Their stupid people they think you can mod anything into the game like magic