/slg/ - Second Life general

Snek Edition

Getting Started Guide: pastebin.com/pnnQtCDx
Shape Guide: pastebin.com/2pAKs7ub

For an invite to the Veeky Forums group, contact any of these people: pastebin.com/dyU3Zgqj

Last thread

dragon???

You know you can just put together your own AO, right?

You can get an AO hud for free and then put in whatever animations you like. It's easy, though it can be more expensive overall to buy animations individually, and shopping for animations is time-consuming since you've pretty much got to try them all out in the store to know what you're getting.

Also, as long as you know how to do the above, you can use the same process to remove animations you don't like from an existing AO with mod permissions, or even add animations you do like.

world leaders meet to discuss current affairs

more like autists

Who's the white one? face looks cute.

Queen () Radish of Britannia

the whiter one

King Indergo of the Eastern Lands

then whose the black one?

from left to right

Emperor Indergo of the Eastern Lands
Queen (male) Radish of Britannia
Sultan Lee of The Sands

INDEPENDENCE DAY CONTEST STARTING @ STERN NOW

meh

yeah its why you dont see jetyr anymore

boring

Who won?

Do you like raves on Second Life?

Why is gnome so moe?

Well. I now know everything.

Wish you were here.

retarts

Nice

vaping is gay *tips thick rimmed glasses*

Whoah!

where is this?

Probably Stern

i was looking at the previous thread.
i'm drunk again and must know, user
why am i scum?

please note i might not care within the next 5 minutes so best reply fast, motherfucker

because you sucked a fart out of mans butthole

no i tongued that black man's butthole quite good
no farts were released
only the sweet, sweet taste of colon

maybe you should im the person in the picture

Who are the best creators in SL? Cream of the crop, highest possible quality work, kind of thing. Includes spec maps, preferably mod perms, definitely well coded and/or rigged, if the items require it. Absolutely perfect, or near enough to it.

I expect it will not be the longest of lists, but I'm curious what you've found to be the best.

me when i create cum inside ur mom

>have the ability to make nice things in blender
>they require texturing that's beyond my ability

fuck my life, slg.

utilizator.mode

Niramyth
Vale Koer
Blueberry
The Forge
Deco
[sau]
Lab737
Contraption
Moon Elixir
erratic
Utilizator
Maitreya
Orange Nova
Krova
Melon Bunny
Fanatik

These are some I remember on top of my head. They all know their shit, usually use an industry workflow that goes through the whole pipeline from zbrush to rendered textures and make high quality items (as long as your definition of high quality also includes items with a polycount usually used for renders). There's actually a lot more top tier creators, especially when it comes to clothing or architecture, but I can't remember them.

Just get substance painter, toss a premade smart material on your item then use the baked lighting filter on top of it. Done. (Get Zbrush for making normal maps too)