/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Wake Up edition

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

first for rip

Anybody have an updated version of pic related?

>still can't get the game to work after trying literally every single piece of advice and info given both online in forums and on Veeky Forums
in the 4 hrs I got to play it, it was the most fun I've had with an mmo in a long time

Now that sorcs are competely useless, what do you think the next class to be cut down will be?

Sorc and Ranger are still the best dps classes, cry more.

I like sorceress better now since she is not one button smash like before and you can use other spells too.

reminder that you're a loser if you still play this

joke's on you I was a loser before I started playing this

>people still play this

are we dead?

Can someone please help me with my performance issues?

I can't even keep a stable 60fps with an oc'd GTX 1070. Even with all the settings on low it still drops. :\

Do you have high-end mode activated?

Nope. :\

What other cool new Sandbox MMOs have come out that would fill this niche, retard?

I'm just gonna refund it. Even on low resolutions and all the settings down low it drops to like 30-50fps.

Shit game it seems.

There don't have to be, you can just do something else.

rip ic you wont be missed

>Sandbox

Maybe it's you who is the retard.

simply accept that the age of MMOs has long been over and move on to other genres

or better yet just quit gaming in general

Then the GPU obviously isn't your bottleneck, fucktard. I pull 70+ fps everywhere except the main road in front of Heidal and in Calpheon City with everything on high and I'm only running a 970.

Get an unfucked CPU, an SSD, and/or more memory.

Hi fuck tard :)

I have a 6600k, 32gb ram and it's on an SSD.

Not my fault you work for BDO. lol kiddo

>want to buy the charles rene slutgear
>looks like shit if you aren't using sileshi underwear, which i don't have

Well played, cunts.

Is the Velia hunting daily on a 24h timer instead of the usual reset time?
Sure fells like it is.

It is. Fortunately it's the only one that uses this system.

and sileshi underwear looks like shit in most of the other costumes

Sileshi underwear just looks like shit in general

BUMP

Damn /bdo/ what happened?

idk

>masturbating to futa ntr
>shove playstation 3 controller partially up my ass
>grind on it for 5 minutes and then shoot a huge load

chimpy you disgust me

Just hit level 50 and catfish mobs are giving me generic Korean MMO tier exp, where should I move to?

helsm til 52 then sausans til 60

Cunt

welp fuck they rekt me, recommended armor for level 50?

+15 anything

depends on class

the serendia shine is a good place to farm at 50 if youre undergeared, ive gotten a few monastery scrolls while leveling an alt

thanks

whats the best way for me to make money right now? pretty much done nothing except quest and grind and still know very little about the game

grinding is the best and quickest way to make money
if you want to make less money but get stuff you'll need later invest in gathering

And ALWAYS afk when you're not playing

afk doing what exactly? gathering? can that be done while afk?

I have no problem doing something else while leaving the game running/afk, but what should i be doing while afk?

no gathering is an active thing
but it gives shards at a very rare rate needed to upgrade gear beyond +15

you should be afk fishing whenever not playing

ah ok thanks

by the way does it matter where i choose to fish or doesn't it matter? doing it in Heidel

it did matter since there were hotspots that would net you basically max quality fish with every cast, but they made them move around now so impossible to constantly fish them.

Just stick in towns now since what you want are relic shards and area doesn't matter for those.

thx m8

about relic shards, how many of those can i expect to get every 6 or so hours? wondering how much of my inventory i'll need to clear out

s_____e

and I've got a 4790k and 16gb of ram, congrats

try rolling back your video drivers

nigger

Cunt

>sausans to 60
wat

Catfish to 52/53, Helms to 54, Sausans to 56, Pirates or Soldiers Graveyard to 57/58, then valencia mobs. Note that you will need a pri weapon, an accuracy offhand if you don't have bheg gloves, pri best-in-slot-jewelry, and probably at least a couple of pieces of pri armor to do valencia.

Anything before valencia is doable with +15s and base best-in-slot jewelry all the way around. MoS/Witch/tribares or tree/tribares or ogre.

At master10 on my fishing alt, I net about 4 shards overnight, and another 2 or 3 over a work day

Just check "discard trash", do all the inventory expansion quests, and use a good rod - I prefer the ones that gain durability as you enchant them.

Think I generally end up with between 24 and 32 inventory slots taken up from overnight fishing in the middle of calpheon.

Catfish to 51
Sausans to 56 that's it fucboi

Ded as fug

Theres another beta test for sieges?

How do i repair Artisan class fishing rods?

mansha to 48
manes to 52
sausans as long as you can bear them

>that name is already in use

wew

Tell me a place with lots of rocks.
Doesn't have to be a specific one, just looking for lots of minable stuff

ur mom's pussy

Keplan Quarry

Balenos mountains

I'll look into it. Thank you, guys.

>/bdog/ is dead
>official forum is dead
>game looks amazing and most people playing it claims to have fun daily

wtf is happening with this game

It also has no twitch viewers which means the game is dead right?

you're confused that people who enjoy playing the game are playing it instead of furiously shitposting?

are you autistic, or perhaps mentally retarded?

>/bdog/ is dead
Shitpost, discord
>official forum is dead
Reddit: the film

no one wants to watch someone play a MMO, plus I never said the game was dead.

so there's nothing in between NOT posting and SHITPOSTING ?
take a popular game like Overwatch, the forums and general aren't dead because of the SHITPOSTERS ?
There's a thread created every second on /v/ and /ovg/ reaches bump limit in 10mins; so I guess the game is dead since everyone is posting about it who plays it ?!
are you retarded yourself?

the
>people are too busy playing the game that's why they're not posting
excuse isn't working anymore, if you hate a game you'll shitpost, if you like a game you'll post about it and talk about it asking questions and whatever.

Here, NOTHING is happening.

>so there's nothing in between NOT posting and SHITPOSTING ?
There was, except the shitposting got too strong nobody bothers with the thread anymore

>plus I never said the game was dead.
No but you said the same shit we see every day

can any Tamers here give me advice on weapons? Is it even worth it to buy a liverto if I already have a ulti yuria?

I heard from a friend that liverto to +15 is like 90m which is insane and it's only 8 extra AP.

liverto (and kzarka) have hidden accuracy bonuses

kzarka > liverto > > > yuria > > > > > > other

so yes, unless you plan on getting a kzarka anytime soon, pick up a liverto. they're pretty damn easy to get these days as well, and just afk fish for the crystal shards you need for mem fragments

It's a long term goal but it depends what you want to do. If you want to keep progressing then you should be going for whatever extra stats you can.

You could skip Liverto and try for Kzarka.

If he's using yuria at +15 he's not getting kzarka anytime soon thanks to +16-20 now. Getting in that top tier group for boss just got even harder because of it and not to mention he's a melee with one of the more lower dps.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about that nonsense.

even if you are 200 AP wizard youre not getting kzarka any time soon
unless you rig this game and steal from daum

>tfw the same people keep getting liverto boxes
This shit pisses me off.

Did you reinstall windows?

>now at 1900 energy spent gathering shit without a single hard or sharp blackstone drop

fuck this gay earth

no, why would I do that, everything else works just fine and installing new games works too

are you using lucky steel tools?

shining

I don't have any production lines set up for tools, just cooking ingredients

Of course the people still playing have fun. They are still playing. Doesnt change the fact that the game lost the vast majority of its players, particularly the hardcore players.

The game isnt what I would call dying, because you dont need a lot of people to make BDO feel alive. But its community will only shrink from here on. Daum fucked up too often for most 'competitive players' to still care. You can have a shit ton of fun though, assuming that you simply want to have something to play. Game gives you multiple months of entertainment with life skills, grinding and exploring alone. Apart from that the game flopped hard, though.

>the game lost the vast majority of its players
Got anything to back that up?

Yeah, I actually played the game for 16h+ since launch and saw people after people quit, 'take break' and delete their gear. If you were in a top guild you would also be aware of that development, which you obviously arent.

Then again, I also dont consider ERPing degenerates who do nothing else but fish 'players'. They are glorified NPCs to me.

Okay, so you don't have anything solid to back that horribly exaggerated statement up with beyond your cynical interpretation of what a 'player' is?

Honestly he's retarded, the population skyrocketed back to launch numbers when node wars came back. they then fell down again when sorcs/ rangers got nerfed and node wars were postponed. The population may have fallen a bit with +16 but it's going to go up a shit ton with node wars starting again today. It also seems like there are fewer people because the total map size, including the ocean, was increased by 30%.

make lucky tools, easy as duck to make and the conspiracy is that the tool only has to have the lucky prefix to allow a better chance at getting rare items

I make my lucky tools in glish only like 5 contribution needed

>the conspiracy is that the tool only has to have the lucky prefix to allow a better chance at getting rare items

What do you mean by this?

Youre acting as if your statement was any less exaggerated. You pretending that the game didnt lose players or in fact maybe even gained some. You have nothing to back up what youre saying. I at least have proper experience with no life guilds and saw people leave in droves.

Yeah, everybody who says something that could be considered 'negative' is retarded. Skyrocketed back to launch numbers, I think youre fucking retarded. Do you have the slightest idea what launch looked like? What the areas around Trent looked like? The world opening up has hardly anything to do with it looking more dead.

The only proper farming spots are still PI, Hasrah and Sausans. Valencia Part 1 is generally shit for farming and a waste of time and you will hardly see anyone there. Keep deluding yourself into believing that the game didnt lose a truckload of players. Hell I even said that the game doesnt need a lot of players and youre still that much of a whining bitch. Hilarious to be honest.

what's the best filter anons, or is no filter best

>You pretending that the game didnt lose players or in fact maybe even gained some.
Um, how? I called you out on an obviously bullshit statement and asked you to prove it. I know the game isn't as healthy as it was at release but come on, saying that the 'vast majority' of players have left is such an exaggeration.

So youre saying that the class didnt lose at least 60% of its players since launch? Because thats a vast majority. The actual number is probably closer to 80%, maybe even higher.

Vibrance or no filter, depending how you like the colours. Filmic is also good if you play with gamma and contrast.

I can't imagine playing with any of the others.

thanks i'll try them out

Vibrance, and filming
Warm if you're inside a cave / house / at night

>the class
What? And again with these figures that you're pulling from nowhere.

His ass is nowhere?

>60% is a vast majority

the problem you made is trying to say bdo is a ded game in literally /bdog/
of course you'll get people who will defend it to death saying 'game isnt ded guys i sware!'
even if you're right and they're in denial then it wont change the fact that the game is indeed dying
but if you're wrong and the game is alive as launch which is probably isnt really then who cares and let them be

I see.. Thanks for clearing that up for me.